Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 00:54 - Dec 30 with 5498 viewsRed_Ranger

Best 0-0 I've seen for a long time.
Enjoyed that.
Lots of commitment and positives
A bit worried about who will be fit for upcoming games.
I suspect staying up is going to the wire.
Fingers crossed.
Just Back on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 1282 viewsdavman

Just Back on 10:12 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Usually agree but last night we hit the inside of the post, we had the huge Smyth chance when Dozzell crossed on the run, we should have had at least one penalty. That’s not bad going.

Maybe, but your old friend xG doesn't agree - less than 0.5 once more...

The Smyth chance was the one. Excuses because the keeper came out real quick and may have got something on it, but it looked pretty straightforward, or am I being harsh?

The pens (and the second one was a stonewall) didn't really come from threatening positions though - nowhere near scoring even from the "play on".

But when you are living in the world of the bald man, any comb will do, huh?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just Back on 12:41 - Dec 30 with 1265 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 12:33 - Dec 30 by davman

Maybe, but your old friend xG doesn't agree - less than 0.5 once more...

The Smyth chance was the one. Excuses because the keeper came out real quick and may have got something on it, but it looked pretty straightforward, or am I being harsh?

The pens (and the second one was a stonewall) didn't really come from threatening positions though - nowhere near scoring even from the "play on".

But when you are living in the world of the bald man, any comb will do, huh?

Well, exactly, it's all relative. We've posed literally no goal threat at all in some games, there was at least a modicum of threat last night. And I agree with you Smyth should have scored.
Just Back on 13:02 - Dec 30 with 1134 viewsQPROslo

Just Back on 12:23 - Dec 30 by Spaceman_P

One thing which is definitely apparent.

Its like they don't practice shooting or corners during training, I think other areas have been worked on. But they need to practice shooting.

Smyth should have put that effort into the back of the net and Fields has missed a bunch of chances he should have slotted and Dykes, well you guys know!!

Others also have had chances. Kakay, Dozzel and even Chair too have not been effective with their shooting.

Corners too... Paal should practice those a bit more too.

I think Paal did take the corner that Cook headed on to the inside of the post. Don't know why Dozzell doesn't take more corners from the left at least, he took some good hard corners in 1 game at least earlier this season.
Just Back on 13:26 - Dec 30 with 1053 viewsQPRSteve

The game stats actually show that we had more shots on target than Ipswich: 10 to their 7. 9 corners to their 5. And they committed 13 fouls to our 5. Dirty bâstards.
Just Back on 13:36 - Dec 30 with 1025 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 13:26 - Dec 30 by QPRSteve

The game stats actually show that we had more shots on target than Ipswich: 10 to their 7. 9 corners to their 5. And they committed 13 fouls to our 5. Dirty bâstards.

Ipswich are another team whose pretty obvious tactic to stop them getting done on the counter is to commit a series of technical, tactical fouls in the opposition half, disrupting momentum and allowing them to file back into position (not me having a go BTW, wish we did it a bit more). David Webb is another Championship referee happy to let that go on without booking anybody.
Just Back on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 1014 viewsdaveB

Point away at Ipswich you obviously take but given how game went I thought it was 2 points dropped really, Ipswich had a few out and didn't play well, game was there for us to win but just lacked quality again in the final third, never really looked like scoring to be honest and although Smyths chance was unlucky thats one we need to put away, he just didn't expect ball to come to him and when it did he panicked and put an open goal wide
Just Back on 14:48 - Dec 30 with 890 viewsstevec

Just Back on 10:11 - Dec 30 by Blue_Castello

Have to agree with your comment about Dozzell, he looked a different player last night was that because he was playing his home town club, I must admit I'm his biggest critic but if he could achieve that level every week then he's worth a place in the starting eleven.

I seem to recall Dozzell having a decent game at home to Ipswich as well, which if not a coincidence then it’s a bit disturbing.

We have too many players whose mindset seems to be decided before a game even starts. Bit of passing around and open spaces, don’t mind if I do. Up against the scrappers, not so keen.

Explains why we compete with the good sides but struggle to win as their abilities a little above ours, but can’t compete with the sides down our end as even with better ability we don’t fancy the hussle and bussle that comes with it.

Most of our wins are against the expected mid table sides who occasionally turn up not quite switched on.
Just Back on 15:06 - Dec 30 with 839 viewsdavman

Just Back on 11:52 - Dec 30 by Burnleyhoop

Doubt Cannon will be available either. So that’s Dunne and Kakay back in and whatever we can muster to replace Chair and Willock.

Only positive for me would be to see Kolli given a full 90 minutes. Probably not the answer, but can’t be any worse than our mainstays.

Sorry, aside from wishful thinking, I see nothing to say that Kolli will make any sort of difference. From what I have seen of him, he has had zero influence on any of the time he has been on the pitch this season.

Like Armstrong, who should be at a L1 club this season, Kolli should be in L2 on loan learning the trade. Absolutely criminal negligence to our club and their careers that they HAVE to be here as a desperate "might as well try something else" option.

I have absolutely nothing against the kid and I hope that he will come good, but he is not the answer to all our problems and I suspect we'd damage him more by starting him in the Championship.

I still maintain that our Academy is not fit for purpose and that at best we'll have one player from the current Development Squad developing into a peripheral player within 2-3 seasons - think Ozzie Kakay standard at absolute best...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 15:14 - Dec 30 with 815 viewsBoston

Just Back on 12:23 - Dec 30 by Spaceman_P

One thing which is definitely apparent.

Its like they don't practice shooting or corners during training, I think other areas have been worked on. But they need to practice shooting.

Smyth should have put that effort into the back of the net and Fields has missed a bunch of chances he should have slotted and Dykes, well you guys know!!

Others also have had chances. Kakay, Dozzel and even Chair too have not been effective with their shooting.

Corners too... Paal should practice those a bit more too.

Field doesn't shoot, he tries to place.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just Back on 19:41 - Dec 30 with 634 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just Back on 15:06 - Dec 30 by davman

Sorry, aside from wishful thinking, I see nothing to say that Kolli will make any sort of difference. From what I have seen of him, he has had zero influence on any of the time he has been on the pitch this season.

Like Armstrong, who should be at a L1 club this season, Kolli should be in L2 on loan learning the trade. Absolutely criminal negligence to our club and their careers that they HAVE to be here as a desperate "might as well try something else" option.

I have absolutely nothing against the kid and I hope that he will come good, but he is not the answer to all our problems and I suspect we'd damage him more by starting him in the Championship.

I still maintain that our Academy is not fit for purpose and that at best we'll have one player from the current Development Squad developing into a peripheral player within 2-3 seasons - think Ozzie Kakay standard at absolute best...

I wish they'd appoint you and sack Beck, Ramsay and the other abject failures behind the scenes. The professional concept of 'performance review' at QPR , fairly common in other industries I think, seems to be unfathomably alien to our club's culture.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 19:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Just Back on 19:47 - Dec 30 with 623 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just Back on 13:26 - Dec 30 by QPRSteve

I doubt we've had 10 shots on target in the last 5 games, have we? Those stats were total shots - on-target attempts were 2 (QPR) and 5 (Ipswich). We hit the woodwork, and should have nicked the game with a last minute pen award (and I think Smiffie's 'dive' was a pen too regardless). If we'd also beaten Plymouth, we'd be looking up and not down. Mind you, if my aunt had hooves, she's be a horse etc.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024