Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie 19:29 - Jan 1 with 8908 viewsGaryBannister86

Normally it drives me absolutely nuts when we throw away cup ties and don't play our strongest 11. On this occasion, and considering our 1st XI would almost certainly lose to Bournemouth's youth team anyway, I guess we've got no option but to play kids throughout. Not sure we have enough though?

I see on the ticketing site we've barely sold a ticket. Still £25 for safe standing seems like a missed opportunity not to virtually give the tickets away, but that ship has sailed.

So who will Marti play? Even if recovered, I am guessing it makes no sense to play Chair, Willock, Cook.

I know Archer is hopeless but a good opportunity to give Begovic more time on his more important interests - what a shame Mahoney is injured and Walsh off on loan.

Kolli injured too, maybe, so...

Archer
Cannon (keep him going, I say)
Fox
Dunne
Lakersche
EDB
Er Um
Er Um
Armstrong
Kelman
Er Um

Bournemouth's youth team will be shaking in their boots....
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:46 - Jan 2 with 2359 viewsnumptydumpty

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:25 - Jan 2 by TheChef

Any estimates on the attendance?

Definitely sub 10,000.

Got to play Taylor Richards and give him total 90 minutes

Very much last chance saloon.

I doubt he will do well but its a nothing game and he has to play, for me its likely be his last match for ourselves but then we have to cut our losses somehow.

If he performs ie one per cent chance I feel, then great but otherwise never near our squad on match day again.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:48 - Jan 2 with 2350 viewsGaryBannister86

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:25 - Jan 2 by TheChef

Any estimates on the attendance?

Definitely sub 10,000.

Doesn't look clever on the ticketing site. Maybe people will buy late.

Imagine Bournemouth will bring full allocation so maybe 7-8,000.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 16:34 - Jan 2 with 2188 viewsOldPedro

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:48 - Jan 2 by GaryBannister86

Doesn't look clever on the ticketing site. Maybe people will buy late.

Imagine Bournemouth will bring full allocation so maybe 7-8,000.

I'm going, so I'll switch the lights off when I leave.....

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 17:53 - Jan 2 with 2102 viewsBrianWilson

Put out the strongest team. Winning a game will always help. Injuries "can do one".

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 19:04 - Jan 2 with 2021 viewsMelakaRanger

Call in sick. Give Bournemouth a Bye to the next round.

If that doesn’t work play Richards, Armstrong, Kelman, Uncle, Dozy Dozell, Fox, Archer and 4 kids. Substitutes, don’t have any.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 21:31 - Jan 2 with 1910 viewsBushRanger82

If, just for our pride alone, we must start taking cup ties seriously again. We are developing a deplorable reputation for being the worst cup side in English football, if not, British football.
Yet another defeat at Loftus Rd, even if we avoid injuries, will be just that, yet another defeat at Loftus Rd.
The cure to our woeful malaise at Loftus Rd, would be to try as hard as we can to develope a winning mentality at this bloody club, and pretending we can pick and choose which games we can have a real go at, just doesn’t do us any favours whatsoever. The last 20 odd years should be testimony to that.
Our record in the cups is starting to make us look like the Mickey Mouse club, of all Mickey Mouse clubs, and I’m bloody ashamed and embarrassed by it.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:50 - Jan 2 with 1864 viewsLongRanger

I wonder if some of our players, who we least expect, may find some fitness, form and energy that we don’t see every other week, because it’s against a Premier League team. May be wrong and cynical, but wouldn’t be surprised.

Someone mentioned trying to win for the financial benefit, to fund a loan or similar, sadly only £105k for winning in the 3rd round, the reason clubs stopped caring.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:57 - Jan 2 with 1849 viewsQPunkR

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:33 - Jan 2 by knocker

Play waste of space Richards for 90 mins.

He would absolutely *hate* that!

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 23:52 - Jan 2 with 1812 viewsJevlar

My approach will be to sit behind at least 2 sofas.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 04:10 - Jan 3 with 1715 viewsnumptydumpty

Our bench should be made up of loftforwords members.

And we bring on all five subs together in the 89th minute.

Game changers. Bring on the cavalry !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 05:52 - Jan 3 with 1692 viewsstowmarketrange

We have to win on Saturday to avoid having to play Huddersfield on Sunday 28th January at 1.30.That is a must win game and it will help to have a better crowd and atmosphere than the one that normally happens in the graveyard slot on a Sunday.
And it also means that I won’t have to choose between coming to hq or attending the two Sunday games involving my granddaughter and daughter for the 2nd time in a fortnight.
F@ck off Sky.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 07:11 - Jan 3 with 1657 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s the one chance of a bit of enjoyment this season. Maybe a lucky draw and some sort of run, maybe a day out somewhere that’s not Blackburn. Maybe a day out somewhere that is Blackburn.

There’s a full week off after. Most importantly, I’m going so go for the bloody win.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 07:39 - Jan 3 with 1635 viewsdmm

I'm as mad as a box of frogs. I've only gone and bought a ticket for this game.

I was hoping to see a couple of our best youngsters tested but Kolli and Aoraha are both out injured. Perhaps Talla will get a run out.

The result is a foregone conclusion.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:42 - Jan 3 with 1575 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:46 - Jan 2 by numptydumpty

Got to play Taylor Richards and give him total 90 minutes

Very much last chance saloon.

I doubt he will do well but its a nothing game and he has to play, for me its likely be his last match for ourselves but then we have to cut our losses somehow.

If he performs ie one per cent chance I feel, then great but otherwise never near our squad on match day again.

How sad that fans like you write off the FA Cup as a 'nothing 'game'! Why not think about your contribution, with an attitude like that, to the club's defeatist and desolate culture of failure in throwing cup games for years - though I presume you don't care. I'm guessing you weren't there for our cup run to Wembley in 1981/82 at any rate.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:45 - Jan 3 with 1574 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 21:31 - Jan 2 by BushRanger82

If, just for our pride alone, we must start taking cup ties seriously again. We are developing a deplorable reputation for being the worst cup side in English football, if not, British football.
Yet another defeat at Loftus Rd, even if we avoid injuries, will be just that, yet another defeat at Loftus Rd.
The cure to our woeful malaise at Loftus Rd, would be to try as hard as we can to develope a winning mentality at this bloody club, and pretending we can pick and choose which games we can have a real go at, just doesn’t do us any favours whatsoever. The last 20 odd years should be testimony to that.
Our record in the cups is starting to make us look like the Mickey Mouse club, of all Mickey Mouse clubs, and I’m bloody ashamed and embarrassed by it.

This with Xmas bells on! I wish your post could be enlarged to font size 1 million and pinned to our dressing room wall. Or, better yet, stapled to the players' heads!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:46 - Jan 3 with 1582 viewsgazza1

Dont give 'two hoots' about the attendance.we need to get back on track, simple as that. If that means a full team then we should play the full team and not muck about trying unknown and fringe players, etc......that is what the training ground is for. Don't play unfit players or players that have knocks.

We need wins to get the confidence back and get us playing decent football again
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:51 - Jan 3 with 1578 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:42 - Jan 3 by stainrods_elbow

How sad that fans like you write off the FA Cup as a 'nothing 'game'! Why not think about your contribution, with an attitude like that, to the club's defeatist and desolate culture of failure in throwing cup games for years - though I presume you don't care. I'm guessing you weren't there for our cup run to Wembley in 1981/82 at any rate.

I’m nearly 34. 30th anniversary of my first game coming up. Seen us in the fifth round once (Watford, was a tad too young for Dad to take me to Wimbledon). Even games like Pompey where we were dire and scraped a draw were exciting in the relative monotony of losing endless league games.

I totally get the argument of those who would sack this one off but fk me just once Rangers give those of us who missed the good times something, anything.

As for Taylor R, on top of all the other possible and probable issues I wonder if he has a hefty appearance bonus for doing his job. If it’s a choice of him or giving a kid a go for whom it would mean everything then chuck one of them in.
[Post edited 3 Jan 8:51]
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:03 - Jan 3 with 1561 viewskingsburyR

Any team that has even the smallest chance of fielding Kelman and Armstrong as a front two is going to get pumped.

I'll be swerving the cup game. We have bigger fish to fry trying to stay up!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 12:00 - Jan 3 with 1455 viewsJimthehip

I'dl love toes Koli and Armstrong upfront maybe even a run out for Alfie Lloyd!
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 14:23 - Jan 3 with 1340 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 12:00 - Jan 3 by Jimthehip

I'dl love toes Koli and Armstrong upfront maybe even a run out for Alfie Lloyd!

Hooray for Alfie LLoyd!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 20:14 - Jan 3 with 1189 viewsmart_Goblin

For the most part agree about playing your strongest team , try and gain momentum, ending this cup bollocks, stop the embarrassment of a football club we have become etc etc
Makes sense completely ….until one or 2 pick up injuries that keeps them out of some of the most important games in our recent history and a couple of the usual suspects on here jump all over the manager for picking important players in a game that didn’t need to play in.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 20:56 - Jan 3 with 1130 viewsBrianWilson

Bornemouth are 12th and 10 points clear of the bottom 3. They might fancy having a proper go at it this year.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 23:55 - Jan 3 with 1049 viewslave16

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 20:56 - Jan 3 by BrianWilson

Bornemouth are 12th and 10 points clear of the bottom 3. They might fancy having a proper go at it this year.

Looking forward to our one and done cup run this year hopefully we can keep it to under 3

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:47 - Jan 4 with 936 viewslassel

It’ll be Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb, although I have heard Barney McGrew has a bit of a hamstring niggle so Zebedee and Dougal have been called up to train with the first team this week.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 15:25 - Jan 4 with 706 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Will Solanke be playing because if he convinces the manager to let him it could be real ugly .
6 goals in December including a hatrick is serious form but I suspect he wont even travel up
We need a huge win to get that bit of momentum back that Marti arrived with so lets go all out its the only way IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024