Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richards…vanishing act again? 19:43 - Jan 1 with 21815 viewsHammersmithR

Has been on the bench the odd game recently. Supposedly one of our highest players on a 4 year contract. We are down to the bare bones today and no where near the squad today. Where on earth is this guy? Literally stealing a living from us. It is utterly disgraceful.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:59 - Jan 5 with 2475 viewsconnell10

The few of us complained line is correct and there lies the problem, this board listen to us fans to much . They hate to be disliked so try to get the fans onside. We should have sold willock , chair and dickie when they were at the height of their game , but the Board knew the fans would go mad being as we were high in the league. They have pandered to the fans to much , this club needs to be run as a business. This is a failure by the board and I'm not blaming the fans btw.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Richards…vanishing act again? on 16:50 - Jan 5 with 2286 viewsVancouverHoop

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:59 - Jan 5 by connell10

The few of us complained line is correct and there lies the problem, this board listen to us fans to much . They hate to be disliked so try to get the fans onside. We should have sold willock , chair and dickie when they were at the height of their game , but the Board knew the fans would go mad being as we were high in the league. They have pandered to the fans to much , this club needs to be run as a business. This is a failure by the board and I'm not blaming the fans btw.

Has the ring of truth to it for sure. The one exception might be Hoos. We'll perhaps know for certain now he's on the board.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 2239 viewslassel

On Richards unfortunately there isn’t really any secret - he turns up to training sometimes if he feels like it, but his attendance is ‘spotty’ at best. On the rare occasions he does consistently turn up he is kept involved as the club really needs this to work out long term with him on a hefty wedge for the next few years. Can’t loan him out as he probably just wouldn’t turn up there, can’t afford to pay him off, can’t sack him as the PFA would never allow it.

The reasons why he doesn’t turn up are the mystery here for us commoners but we will never be allowed to know the full story.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:06 - Jan 5 with 2210 viewsellersliehoop

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:00 - Jan 5 by lassel

On Richards unfortunately there isn’t really any secret - he turns up to training sometimes if he feels like it, but his attendance is ‘spotty’ at best. On the rare occasions he does consistently turn up he is kept involved as the club really needs this to work out long term with him on a hefty wedge for the next few years. Can’t loan him out as he probably just wouldn’t turn up there, can’t afford to pay him off, can’t sack him as the PFA would never allow it.

The reasons why he doesn’t turn up are the mystery here for us commoners but we will never be allowed to know the full story.

Is that true? He turns up for training when he feels like it?
Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:11 - Jan 5 with 2160 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:06 - Jan 5 by ellersliehoop

Is that true? He turns up for training when he feels like it?

Like I say, I'm genuinely not sure they know where he is.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 2139 viewsRangersw12

Surely if he isn't turning up that would be grounds to terminate his contract or am I being hopelessly naive !?
Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:18 - Jan 5 with 2095 viewsRs_Holy

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:13 - Jan 5 by Rangersw12

Surely if he isn't turning up that would be grounds to terminate his contract or am I being hopelessly naive !?

In any other profession yes… but football??! It shouldn’t come down to the club finding a way to sack him tho! Whether he has problems or not, he should show some pride in himself, show some decency and walk away permanently. He is dragging the club down and if he left it would free up the possibility of getting in a loan until the end of the season.
[Post edited 5 Jan 17:23]
Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:32 - Jan 5 with 1987 viewsstainrods_elbow

The blindingly obvious question is: If he isn't turning up for training and/or making himself available for matches, why is his contract not being terminated? The club need to get his agent in as soon as possible and explain the situation. Cifuentes should also answer clearly about this in his interviews if someone has the balls to actually pose the question. We fans, yet again, are being treated like mugs.
[Post edited 5 Jan 17:34]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:33 - Jan 5 with 2015 viewsThGrimRanger

these kind of situations have a very negative effect on the squad , management and fans alike.

it needs to be dealt with asap - we can’t be having similar discussions in 2 years time

TheGrimRanger

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:37 - Jan 5 with 1956 viewsstainrods_elbow

Richards…vanishing act again? on 16:50 - Jan 5 by VancouverHoop

Has the ring of truth to it for sure. The one exception might be Hoos. We'll perhaps know for certain now he's on the board.

Ah yes, the footballing acumen of LH is certain to enhance our brand no end now he's been promoted because there's no one else in the building. Can't wait!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:52 - Jan 5 with 1904 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:32 - Jan 5 by stainrods_elbow

The blindingly obvious question is: If he isn't turning up for training and/or making himself available for matches, why is his contract not being terminated? The club need to get his agent in as soon as possible and explain the situation. Cifuentes should also answer clearly about this in his interviews if someone has the balls to actually pose the question. We fans, yet again, are being treated like mugs.

Here you and I are in complete agreement on the point, and the answer - because modern football is sht.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:59 - Jan 5 with 1866 viewsGus_iom

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:11 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Like I say, I'm genuinely not sure they know where he is.

They might not know where he is, but we know what he is.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:01 - Jan 5 with 1850 viewslassel

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:32 - Jan 5 by stainrods_elbow

Because the simple answer is that the PFA wouldn’t allow the club to tear up his contract. When Tevez had his extended golfing break, City wanted to tear up his deal and go after him for damages, the PFA took it up on his behalf and ruled a player couldn’t be fined more than 2 weeks wages for any offence. With Greenwood, United couldn’t cancel his contract even if they’d wanted to.

Now Richards doesn’t strike as someone who has his direct debit setup to pay PFA dues, but they’d no doubt take the case pro bono as it’s a precedent setter.

In essence, all clubs are completely fcked when dealing with players unless they’ve done something so completely egregious that the PFA decline tighter involved.

And, as said above, QPR need this to work…..Richards he 3.5 years left on a chunky deal. Paying him off would likely take the whole 2024 club budget, and *if*, *if*, anyone could get his mind right you’d have one of the best players in the division.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:08 - Jan 5 with 1787 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bumped into a Brighton fan on a recent trip to Bruge who asked about him.

I told him he was as useful as a Eunuch’s wnk sock.
[Post edited 5 Jan 18:09]
Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:09 - Jan 5 with 1788 viewsTheChef

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:22 - Jan 5 by Northernr

"Taylor Richards, meanwhile, has not been part of the squad of late and will not be involved this weekend either."

I'm genuinely not sure they know where he is

Unless there are serious mitigating circumstances, I'm surprised the club haven't cancelled his contract.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:11 - Jan 5 with 1768 viewstraininvain

I’m starting to suspect this Richards chap might not be a big QPR fan after all.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:28 - Jan 5 with 1683 viewsnumptydumpty

If he is not turning up for training and giving no reasons ultimately in UK law, disciplinary actions could be taken and as in all organisations, this is often three strikes and you are out.

Not knowing where he is, could mean he is on drugs or has severe alcohol issues perhaps. Again, if that is the case, help should be made available by the club. In recent times we have had Caulker and Clarke Carlisile who had these troubles and were offered help but if memory serves me right this was publicised at the time. Could be wrong in my recollections though.

Other issue raised may e he has a diagnosed mental health condition such as severe depression or bipolar as many high level sports stars have had over the years. Gascoigne, Bruno, Cavendish, Tyson Fury amongst many names. If he has disclosed this to his employer this means dismissal is harder under Equalities Act.

Whatever it is, understand potentially he could be one of the higher earners so perhaps his contract negotiated by his agent had all sorts of small print in it beyond the usual nonsense in Footballers contracts. And if the agents money depends on Taylor having his entire contract paid, we could well be lumbered for the next few years and his presence alone is inevitably going to irritate some no matter what others are on.

Think it's time the club release some information as all our words are pure speculation. Maybe there is a dangerous criminal element around him, hence the silence from the club.....

But I feel it would be good to hear at least the bare minimum that we can be told. I think that at least would be a decent compromise and be well received.

At least then we would not be totally in the dark.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:43 - Jan 5 with 1610 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:08 - Jan 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bumped into a Brighton fan on a recent trip to Bruge who asked about him.

I told him he was as useful as a Eunuch’s wnk sock.
[Post edited 5 Jan 18:09]

Stealing that.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:02 - Jan 5 with 1507 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:11 - Jan 5 by traininvain

I’m starting to suspect this Richards chap might not be a big QPR fan after all.

Not sure. A QPR fan might try and avoid the place at the moment, particularly tomorrow.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:26 - Jan 5 with 1421 viewsLimehouseR

If, as it is being widely speculated, he is suffering with mental health problems then it needs to be said. And it needs to be emphasised that he is receiving the appropriate treatment.
The more you stay hush hush about mental health the more it is treated like some kind of taboo subject, particularly with men. It's ridiculous it's treated as this can't be talked about thing in 2024.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health (arguably more so) and the stigma should be removed. So when they say 'So and so is out with a hamstring injury' then they should just say Richards is not available with whatever it may be.
I have had mild depression and it is pretty unpleasant but I still managed to drag myself into work. But some days it was pretty difficult just to get out of bed, so I can understand if it is something like this, doesn't matter what you do as a job, it can be totally debilitating.

In saying that, if it is a case of he can't be bothered and is taking the p*** then like people have said, this is the curse of modern football. Any other industry would see you out on your ar*e.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:31 - Jan 5 with 1386 viewsBakes

Brighton have had our pants down and whatever joker signed this contract off needs to be held accountable.
[Post edited 5 Jan 21:24]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:35 - Jan 5 with 1356 viewstraininvain

Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:02 - Jan 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Not sure. A QPR fan might try and avoid the place at the moment, particularly tomorrow.

Fair point. He’s been playing 4d chess this whole time.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:46 - Jan 5 with 1302 viewsVancouverHoop

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:37 - Jan 5 by stainrods_elbow

Ah yes, the footballing acumen of LH is certain to enhance our brand no end now he's been promoted because there's no one else in the building. Can't wait!

Straw clutching for sure but he's the only person in the board room with experience at other league clubs. Which may... possibly... perhaps... give him a tiny advantage over anyone else occupying a leather chair.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:33 - Jan 5 with 1184 viewsQPunkR

Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:46 - Jan 5 by VancouverHoop

Straw clutching for sure but he's the only person in the board room with experience at other league clubs. Which may... possibly... perhaps... give him a tiny advantage over anyone else occupying a leather chair.

Has Ilias been at the sunbed again?

QPR - "shit but local"

Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:40 - Jan 5 with 1138 viewsThe_Beast1976

Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:28 - Jan 5 by numptydumpty

If he is not turning up for training and giving no reasons ultimately in UK law, disciplinary actions could be taken and as in all organisations, this is often three strikes and you are out.

Not knowing where he is, could mean he is on drugs or has severe alcohol issues perhaps. Again, if that is the case, help should be made available by the club. In recent times we have had Caulker and Clarke Carlisile who had these troubles and were offered help but if memory serves me right this was publicised at the time. Could be wrong in my recollections though.

Other issue raised may e he has a diagnosed mental health condition such as severe depression or bipolar as many high level sports stars have had over the years. Gascoigne, Bruno, Cavendish, Tyson Fury amongst many names. If he has disclosed this to his employer this means dismissal is harder under Equalities Act.

Whatever it is, understand potentially he could be one of the higher earners so perhaps his contract negotiated by his agent had all sorts of small print in it beyond the usual nonsense in Footballers contracts. And if the agents money depends on Taylor having his entire contract paid, we could well be lumbered for the next few years and his presence alone is inevitably going to irritate some no matter what others are on.

Think it's time the club release some information as all our words are pure speculation. Maybe there is a dangerous criminal element around him, hence the silence from the club.....

But I feel it would be good to hear at least the bare minimum that we can be told. I think that at least would be a decent compromise and be well received.

At least then we would not be totally in the dark.

Or he could just be a cn*t (seems the most likely explanation in the circumstances)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024