Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richards…vanishing act again? 19:43 - Jan 1 with 21797 viewsHammersmithR

Has been on the bench the odd game recently. Supposedly one of our highest players on a 4 year contract. We are down to the bare bones today and no where near the squad today. Where on earth is this guy? Literally stealing a living from us. It is utterly disgraceful.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:09 - Jan 2 with 2810 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:09 - Jan 2 by Northernr

I would say it's a collective failure.

Hoos did the deal in the way it was done, actually seemed quite pleased with the trick of moving it from one set of accounts to the next at the fans forum.

I think it's a Beale signing, but I'm not sure. So potentially some blame there. If the recruitment team picked him, or signed off on it, then blame there.

Les was supposed to be director of football here at the time. Too often during his spell he let managers sign players they liked. This one does at least fit into the profile of young, good pedigree, plenty of sell on potential, but there seems to be a massive failure last summer on background checks and the character of the players we brought in. Laird, Roberts, Balogun, Richards all just seem like absolute twts to me. That's on Beale, the recruitment team, and Les who oversaw it all. One thing I had heard was that Les had been against him moving back to Shepherd's Bush/W12 when he came back here. There's a theme of Les' time here that he had the right idea, but either didn't follow through with it or allowed himself to be ignored, or made exceptions because Warbs loved Andre Gray, or Beale had worked with somebody before etc etc.

It's also a product of us veering from one style of manager to the next again. Even a fit, interested, fulfilling his potential Taylor Richards isn't going to be a Gareth Ainsworth player as long as he's got a hole in his ars. We appointed a manager who was completely at odds with the squad we'd put together.

I also think it speaks to just general lack of solid leadership, and standards, at the club. How on earth is this being allowed to sustain month after month and manager after manager?

This post has been edited by an administrator

I always thought Tony Fernandes was an idiot and am constantly amazed his planes stay up in the air such was the complete ineptitude he demonstrated for running a business while he was at QPR. But I felt differently about Amit and Reuben, after all they’re pumping millions into the club and we’d be sunk without them.

I’ve now come to the conclusion that the whole of the footballing world has been taking the pi$$ out of the buffoons who run this club since Fernandes and it hasn’t changed after he left. Look at the list of wideboy chancers who’ve rocked up here to take their money, Ferdinand, Redknapp and Beale being the most obvious examples. The list of players who fit this description or have rocked up at the end of their careers for a far longer contract than they deserve is too long to mention.

This club will only make progress once the current board sells up and leaves because they have no credibility at all. I’m convinced we are where we are not just because of years of criminally bad transfer business but also because the players themselves know that this club is run by mugs.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:13 - Jan 2 with 2799 viewsplasmahoop

He should have been sacked for gross misconduct for sharing ainsworth out tweets. As he is here, play him on Saturday for the whole 90 minutes, no matter how much he is blowing out of his arse
Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:23 - Jan 2 with 2756 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:09 - Jan 2 by Beckenhamhoop

I always thought Tony Fernandes was an idiot and am constantly amazed his planes stay up in the air such was the complete ineptitude he demonstrated for running a business while he was at QPR. But I felt differently about Amit and Reuben, after all they’re pumping millions into the club and we’d be sunk without them.

I’ve now come to the conclusion that the whole of the footballing world has been taking the pi$$ out of the buffoons who run this club since Fernandes and it hasn’t changed after he left. Look at the list of wideboy chancers who’ve rocked up here to take their money, Ferdinand, Redknapp and Beale being the most obvious examples. The list of players who fit this description or have rocked up at the end of their careers for a far longer contract than they deserve is too long to mention.

This club will only make progress once the current board sells up and leaves because they have no credibility at all. I’m convinced we are where we are not just because of years of criminally bad transfer business but also because the players themselves know that this club is run by mugs.

That last sentence makes a lot of sense. How many of us have been in a job at a badly managed company? You take p!ss as you know you'll never get pulled on it.

This lot don't care because they know the board can't/won't do anything. New owners is an absolute must to get out of this decaying corpse our club has become.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:31 - Jan 2 with 2599 viewsLblock

Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:23 - Jan 2 by Wilkinswatercarrier

That last sentence makes a lot of sense. How many of us have been in a job at a badly managed company? You take p!ss as you know you'll never get pulled on it.

This lot don't care because they know the board can't/won't do anything. New owners is an absolute must to get out of this decaying corpse our club has become.

You'll have the "be careful what you wish for" mob along soon.

No idea exactly how many F up's or how embarrassing the club has to become before the scales fall from the eyes of these people

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:41 - Jan 2 with 2545 viewspaulparker

Great post
The amount of charlatans who have been at this club since Bungle and Co have been at the helm is frightening

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:57 - Jan 2 with 2503 viewsPunteR

Pretty much nailed it there.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 2494 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah great post .
That fans forum earlier this season has baffled me the more I think about it .
So many questions that fans need to put to certain people and lots of answers we now should demand.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 2491 viewskensalriser

Dennis Wise. As much as I loved to hate the little fck during his Wimbledon and Scum days, how much could we do with a niggly, narky fcker like that who won’t give up until the final whistle?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 2480 viewsdanehoop

I think the Fernandes scapegoat is always a bit easy.

Fernandes is a good business man in that his general business model is about hiring in experts in the field of business that he is in and generally giving them the responsibility and latitude to run the business. They after all are the experts.

Unfortunately at QPR he made two mistakes in that approach - his choice of who he initially went to as experts for advice and then forgetting that it was a business and instead going at it like a fan. He looked to charlatans like Kia Joorabchian for player and manager choices or idiots like Phil Beard (mistake of thinking that Loftus Road and a football club could be run in the same manner as a venue like the O2). When both of those proved poor choices he tended to go all fan like and look to big names and more charlatan managers (Bagpuss).

The reality is that few of us complained when the cheque was initially being opened and he spent his money. Many of the players brought in made sense on paper (though many didnt!) but as we now know from Clive's points the problem came when managers failed to deliver and then players brought for previous managers equally failed to live up to the hype, showed minimal interest (beyond financial) or then proved, often predictably, to be utter twunts (Barton).

Even when he got it right appointment-wise (I'd suggest Hoos was and remains a good appointment, whilst Warburton was a great choice for the time) he still got too involved and influenced, rather than leave it to his Director of Football. This again is his weakness as a fan desperately wanting to do well and I think also enjoying the adulation/popularity, but it went against his business model and undermined the managers he had brought in.

So rather than Bungle or the other cheap shots he got, Fernandes was flawed but well intentioned. We have missed a massive opportunity from that initial burst of cash and poor choices, but lets not forget they didnt run away when it started to go sour it was his and now Ruben's money that keeps the club afloat.

Never knowingly understood

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:04 - Jan 2 with 2469 viewsmart_Goblin

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:00 - Jan 2 by kensalriser

Dennis Wise. As much as I loved to hate the little fck during his Wimbledon and Scum days, how much could we do with a niggly, narky fcker like that who won’t give up until the final whistle?

At least we’d have someone on the pitch in the ref’s ear hole all game like every opponent we face .
Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:23 - Jan 2 with 2404 viewsPunteR

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:02 - Jan 2 by danehoop

Fernandes is a good business man in that his general business model is about hiring in experts in the field of business that he is in and generally giving them the responsibility and latitude to run the business. They after all are the experts.

Unfortunately at QPR he made two mistakes in that approach - his choice of who he initially went to as experts for advice and then forgetting that it was a business and instead going at it like a fan. He looked to charlatans like Kia Joorabchian for player and manager choices or idiots like Phil Beard (mistake of thinking that Loftus Road and a football club could be run in the same manner as a venue like the O2). When both of those proved poor choices he tended to go all fan like and look to big names and more charlatan managers (Bagpuss).

The reality is that few of us complained when the cheque was initially being opened and he spent his money. Many of the players brought in made sense on paper (though many didnt!) but as we now know from Clive's points the problem came when managers failed to deliver and then players brought for previous managers equally failed to live up to the hype, showed minimal interest (beyond financial) or then proved, often predictably, to be utter twunts (Barton).

Even when he got it right appointment-wise (I'd suggest Hoos was and remains a good appointment, whilst Warburton was a great choice for the time) he still got too involved and influenced, rather than leave it to his Director of Football. This again is his weakness as a fan desperately wanting to do well and I think also enjoying the adulation/popularity, but it went against his business model and undermined the managers he had brought in.

So rather than Bungle or the other cheap shots he got, Fernandes was flawed but well intentioned. We have missed a massive opportunity from that initial burst of cash and poor choices, but lets not forget they didnt run away when it started to go sour it was his and now Ruben's money that keeps the club afloat.

You say Fernandes was well intentioned but what was Philip Beard doing here? The Old Oak project etc. Was it football reasons? Was that all for the benefit of QPR fans or lining his own pockets?
He just wanted any premier league club to give his Air Asia company more exposure and give his ego a boost. He wanted to buy West Ham ,the club he supports , but didn't get that for whatever reason so bought us instead. Funny how the Mittals offer was deemed to cheap. So probably, like a mug, Fernandes paid over the odds to Tango and Cash for us and continued spunking money up the wall thereafter.
I'd 100% question his original intentions. He dug us into a hole and kept digging until he could bail out but leaving us in the shit. Where is he now?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:37 - Jan 2 with 2362 viewsLblock

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:02 - Jan 2 by danehoop

Homing in on “We have missed a massive opportunity”

You’re wrong

It’s OPPORTUNITIES…. Plural.
Two once in a lifetime chances to set this club on a road to security and the Bungle circus fckd them both up royally

It’s too late and I simply don’t have time to list the errors made and repeated
I do seriously wonder if there’s something more sinister behind our huge debt
It takes a special sort of person to make a quarter of a billion pounds plus series of mistakes over a decade.
[Post edited 2 Jan 22:59]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:53 - Jan 2 with 2326 viewsmcqpr10

After we won two games at the start of the season there was a podcast with Dobson. He was asked about richards. He said the club were there for him offering all the support he needs if he wants it. The inference being that he wasn’t being responsive to the support the club were providing.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 23:13 - Jan 2 with 2280 viewsLazyFan

Wise is a known QPR supporter. He loved Stan Bowles.
You complain about crazy gang but forget to mention he played for the Scum for most of his career.

Wise was without doubt the best crosser of the ball, bar none. Any cross you wanted from him, he could do, but the unique part was this: he didn't have to beat his man to do it. So, the fullback is on him, yet he just crosses it past him anyway and it's a great cross. This makes him almost impossible to defend against. There is a reason he played for England.

As a person, though, he's not that nice.

zzzzzzzzzz

Richards…vanishing act again? on 23:39 - Jan 2 with 2215 viewswombat

Richards…vanishing act again? on 23:13 - Jan 2 by LazyFan

Wise is a known QPR supporter. He loved Stan Bowles.
You complain about crazy gang but forget to mention he played for the Scum for most of his career.

Wise was without doubt the best crosser of the ball, bar none. Any cross you wanted from him, he could do, but the unique part was this: he didn't have to beat his man to do it. So, the fullback is on him, yet he just crosses it past him anyway and it's a great cross. This makes him almost impossible to defend against. There is a reason he played for England.

As a person, though, he's not that nice.

Wise trained with us whe. He was released by southamptonthink he was here around 8 weeks in total , deemed two small by who ever was in charge at tenth e , yes he’s a Bellend went to school with him and hasn’t changed one bit I believe since then .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:52 - Jan 3 with 1882 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ipswich have signed the Ecuadorian winger, Jeremy Sarmiento, on loan from Brighton...
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:21 - Jan 5 with 1384 viewsBrianWilson

Not available tomorrow according to West London Sport. No reason given.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:22]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:22 - Jan 5 with 1374 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:21 - Jan 5 by BrianWilson

Not available tomorrow according to West London Sport. No reason given.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:22]

"Taylor Richards, meanwhile, has not been part of the squad of late and will not be involved this weekend either."

I'm genuinely not sure they know where he is
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:35 - Jan 5 with 1281 viewsflynnbo

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:22 - Jan 5 by Northernr

"Taylor Richards, meanwhile, has not been part of the squad of late and will not be involved this weekend either."

I'm genuinely not sure they know where he is

There's been more sightings of Lord Lucan riding Shergar.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:35 - Jan 5 with 1281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:31 - Jan 2 by Lblock

You'll have the "be careful what you wish for" mob along soon.

No idea exactly how many F up's or how embarrassing the club has to become before the scales fall from the eyes of these people

I was one of them until recently, LB. And there was a good reason for it too. The alternatives can be frightening, really frightening.

But I've had enough now. The recent boardroom shenanigans are the final straw.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:35 - Jan 5 with 1266 viewsWegerles_Stairs

This guy makes Ned Zelic look like Eggs Benedict.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:36 - Jan 5 with 1258 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He was at the Cardiff match. Rs fan apparently.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 1229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:36 - Jan 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

He was at the Cardiff match. Rs fan apparently.

Definitely a Ranger.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:39 - Jan 5 with 1215 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:38 - Jan 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Definitely a Ranger.

I think his lad was a YT with us (Harley?)
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:44 - Jan 5 with 1182 viewsflynnbo

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:39 - Jan 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think his lad was a YT with us (Harley?)

More like Morecambeand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024