Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richards…vanishing act again? 19:43 - Jan 1 with 21812 viewsHammersmithR

Has been on the bench the odd game recently. Supposedly one of our highest players on a 4 year contract. We are down to the bare bones today and no where near the squad today. Where on earth is this guy? Literally stealing a living from us. It is utterly disgraceful.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:55 - Jan 5 with 2681 viewsLoyalitat

Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:31 - Jan 5 by Bakes

Brighton have had our pants down and whatever joker signed this contract off needs to be held accountable.
[Post edited 5 Jan 21:24]

Wow, a lot of suppositions there, all baseless. in spite of your claim to state it as it really is. Instead, all that you have evidenced is the lazy stereotyping of a person and his fictitious friends, as you don't know them, apparently fitting a particular characteristic/type, as either all being or having some association with gangsters. To liken him to Nile Ranger suggests that you're some kind of soothsayer, for as far as I am aware, Richards hasn't spent any time in prison or been accused of a string of other offences.

He's clearly a wrong'un that I would like out of the club too. However, there have been other players with attitudes that have been equally reprehensible and questionable that have played for QPR in the past, yet I suspect your facile outpouring of stereotypes wouldn't be so clearly in evidence in some of those cases.

FWIW, your choice of the word "cancer" is in poor taste. It is only football after all and people with mental health struggles aren't playing a card.
[Post edited 5 Jan 21:23]
Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:59 - Jan 5 with 2662 viewssilverbirch

Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:26 - Jan 5 by LimehouseR

If, as it is being widely speculated, he is suffering with mental health problems then it needs to be said. And it needs to be emphasised that he is receiving the appropriate treatment.
The more you stay hush hush about mental health the more it is treated like some kind of taboo subject, particularly with men. It's ridiculous it's treated as this can't be talked about thing in 2024.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health (arguably more so) and the stigma should be removed. So when they say 'So and so is out with a hamstring injury' then they should just say Richards is not available with whatever it may be.
I have had mild depression and it is pretty unpleasant but I still managed to drag myself into work. But some days it was pretty difficult just to get out of bed, so I can understand if it is something like this, doesn't matter what you do as a job, it can be totally debilitating.

In saying that, if it is a case of he can't be bothered and is taking the p*** then like people have said, this is the curse of modern football. Any other industry would see you out on your ar*e.

Probably not everyone with a mental health issue would feel better if their employer announced it to the world
Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:19 - Jan 5 with 2557 viewsBakes

Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:55 - Jan 5 by Loyalitat

Wow, a lot of suppositions there, all baseless. in spite of your claim to state it as it really is. Instead, all that you have evidenced is the lazy stereotyping of a person and his fictitious friends, as you don't know them, apparently fitting a particular characteristic/type, as either all being or having some association with gangsters. To liken him to Nile Ranger suggests that you're some kind of soothsayer, for as far as I am aware, Richards hasn't spent any time in prison or been accused of a string of other offences.

He's clearly a wrong'un that I would like out of the club too. However, there have been other players with attitudes that have been equally reprehensible and questionable that have played for QPR in the past, yet I suspect your facile outpouring of stereotypes wouldn't be so clearly in evidence in some of those cases.

FWIW, your choice of the word "cancer" is in poor taste. It is only football after all and people with mental health struggles aren't playing a card.
[Post edited 5 Jan 21:23]

Your right. A poor choice of words. Shouldn’t have said it. Edited.

As someone who has previously struggled with it I’m well aware of what he is supposedly going through, the fact remains, 4 managers have struggled to get him going, 2 of them he’s outed on his social media, his flashy instagram posts, tying his laces in the middle of play all while we the fans are going through the mill, my patience has run out with the likes of him and can’t wait for the minute he does one.
[Post edited 5 Jan 21:30]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:28 - Jan 5 with 2511 viewsHammersmithR

The club have to come out and say something. We signed him on loan for a year. He barely played but we were committed to signing him on a 4 year deal FFS! I cannot understand if he is not fit to play because in that game he came on the other week he looked well out of shape surely you are in breach of contract? In other industries you would be sacked for gross misconduct.
How is football any different? But either way the club have to say something. Even what they’re legally allowed to say. It’s simply not acceptable that we are paying an employee to essentially do nothing and no doubt be picking up 10k plus a week. I can’t see how the other players would be happy with the situation?
Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:42 - Jan 5 with 2438 viewsJimthehip

The wild thing is is that he was so highly rated just a few years ago..
Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:48 - Jan 5 with 2390 viewscolinallcars

Fingers on buzzers teams, what excuse will Taylor Richards use this week ?
Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:50 - Jan 5 with 2380 viewslassel

Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:28 - Jan 5 by HammersmithR

The club have to come out and say something. We signed him on loan for a year. He barely played but we were committed to signing him on a 4 year deal FFS! I cannot understand if he is not fit to play because in that game he came on the other week he looked well out of shape surely you are in breach of contract? In other industries you would be sacked for gross misconduct.
How is football any different? But either way the club have to say something. Even what they’re legally allowed to say. It’s simply not acceptable that we are paying an employee to essentially do nothing and no doubt be picking up 10k plus a week. I can’t see how the other players would be happy with the situation?

I mean the club basically have come out and said what they can - that line in Dave Mc’s piece hasn’t just been thrown In haphazardly without being ok’d by the club in advance.

The club could go to the lengths of an official statement but there’s not much they can actually say beyond ‘for personal reasons he’s not available at the moment’. Even for people like Richards who are most likely simply wrong uns, safeguarding criteria still apply.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:23 - Jan 5 with 2258 viewsstainrods_elbow

Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:50 - Jan 5 by lassel

I mean the club basically have come out and said what they can - that line in Dave Mc’s piece hasn’t just been thrown In haphazardly without being ok’d by the club in advance.

The club could go to the lengths of an official statement but there’s not much they can actually say beyond ‘for personal reasons he’s not available at the moment’. Even for people like Richards who are most likely simply wrong uns, safeguarding criteria still apply.

What about our 'safeguarding' as fans? The club's posture, and culture, makes me feel incredibly unsafe, but who at the club gives a flying f*ck about that right now?
[Post edited 6 Jan 3:40]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:27 - Jan 5 with 2251 viewsBakes

The mad thing is Beale brought him in despite having a “No D1ck heads policy”

Turns out he was the biggest d1ck head we’ve ever had.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:33 - Jan 5 with 2204 viewsLblock

Been here before with Leonne Jeanne, DJ Campbell, Caulker, and on and on and on….

It just shows the club have a long history of a lack of diligence

It also pushes you further away from the game
It’s a joke

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:34 - Jan 5 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:27 - Jan 5 by Bakes

The mad thing is Beale brought him in despite having a “No D1ck heads policy”

Turns out he was the biggest d1ck head we’ve ever had.

TBF if Beale was running a 'no dickheads' policy it's no wonder he didn't last long here.

Basically everybody he signed is a top cnt.
Richards…vanishing act again? (n/t) on 22:37 - Jan 5 with 2137 viewsstainrods_elbow

Richards…vanishing act again? on 21:50 - Jan 5 by lassel

[Post edited 5 Jan 22:38]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:58 - Jan 5 with 2102 viewsnumptydumpty

Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:40 - Jan 5 by The_Beast1976

Or he could just be a cn*t (seems the most likely explanation in the circumstances)

If that was the case, the true nature of what is going on, would be publicised, am sure and then we could get rid of him for breaching his contract but whatever it is the clubs silence is wrong.

We should know something about what is happening because radio silence from the club actually isn't the right way to be dealing with this at all.

Bland generalisations given throughout his time here, it's time to tell the truth to the fans...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards…vanishing act again? on 09:00 - Jan 6 with 1751 viewsDorse

Availability/ attitude etc to one side for a minute. Genuine question here: is he any good? According to Transfermarkt, he's played 144 mins this season, 90 of which came in the League Cup (his only start). He played 263 mins last season across 16 appearances.

In that time, his statistics since signing are:
* No goals
* No assists
* 2 yellows.
* Has played 11 minutes as part of a winning side (1 min of which was as a 90+3' sub; the other 10 was when he was brought on when we were 3 up against Cardiff).

To date, his entire contribution has been negligible. Is he just not that good? I mean, we take the piss out of Dozzell but he has at least contributed something.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/taylor-richards/leistungsdaten/spieler/484551/pl

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Richards…vanishing act again? on 10:39 - Jan 6 with 1629 viewsbosh67

Richards…vanishing act again? on 09:00 - Jan 6 by Dorse

Availability/ attitude etc to one side for a minute. Genuine question here: is he any good? According to Transfermarkt, he's played 144 mins this season, 90 of which came in the League Cup (his only start). He played 263 mins last season across 16 appearances.

In that time, his statistics since signing are:
* No goals
* No assists
* 2 yellows.
* Has played 11 minutes as part of a winning side (1 min of which was as a 90+3' sub; the other 10 was when he was brought on when we were 3 up against Cardiff).

To date, his entire contribution has been negligible. Is he just not that good? I mean, we take the piss out of Dozzell but he has at least contributed something.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/taylor-richards/leistungsdaten/spieler/484551/pl

It's a good question. At youth level he looked mustard but obviously something has gone horribly wrong for him (one thing we know, others we don't) and we seem to have inherited someone who is unfit on a number of levels to play or contribute. The fact we committed to buying him when we had precious little money to play with is something Lee Hoos really has to explain. There may be a logical reason... or not?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Richards…vanishing act again? on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 1591 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:39 - Jan 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think his lad was a YT with us (Harley?)

He was.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Richards…vanishing act again? on 10:52 - Jan 6 with 1565 viewsWatford_Ranger

Richards…vanishing act again? on 10:39 - Jan 6 by bosh67

It's a good question. At youth level he looked mustard but obviously something has gone horribly wrong for him (one thing we know, others we don't) and we seem to have inherited someone who is unfit on a number of levels to play or contribute. The fact we committed to buying him when we had precious little money to play with is something Lee Hoos really has to explain. There may be a logical reason... or not?

I think they were just so happy with their accounting trick they never stopped to consider that he’d never achieved anything and had a relatively well documented (in football circles) attitude problem(s). I wonder if we competed with many teams for his signature before throwing so much money at him. Suspect not.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 11:18 - Jan 6 with 1523 viewsNorthantsHoop

I would just like to forget about him in a footballing sense, never seen anything when he has played to suggest he is anything other than average, but we seem to be stuck with a financial and personal mess. Would much rather focus on a player like Dixon-Bonnar who has shown and is showing a lot of promise and deserves an extended contract.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:03 - Jan 6 with 1436 viewsPunteR

I wonder if other clubs have problem kids in their squad? I suspect they do.
Possibly we put so much emphasis on Richards because how weak our squad already is.?
Like, if we were decent, flying up the league and competing we perhaps might be saying Richards who?
I dunno, the whole thing seems a bit of a farce, and seems very QPR atm.
He's probably, on the scale of things wrong at the club, one of the least of our problems. Like Dorse alluded too, is he any good anyway?
Its a shame. He's QPR, a QPR player and as fans we invest so much into the club and want our players to do well but he acts like he couldn't give a toss.
Are the club doing all they can to sort out the situation? Like fines for being late or not turning up for training.? I know 'Football' cant just sack players but they can fine them and make things less comfortable.
This lad needs a kick up the backside if the arm around thing hasn't helped.
The fact Les Ferdinand didn't want him moving back into Shepherds Bush tells you the club knew what they were getting themselves into. But we did it anyway.
Yeh we can blame Beale but there's a few culprits in this latest episode. Business men, billionaires, adults that should know better. If this lad is off the streets and he cant see the difference and the opportunity football and our club makes, than what does that say about the murky business world of football and our club?
The fact we've had so many players taking the absolute piss tells me all i need to know.
The bigger picture is things need to change at the club from the top, down.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:14 - Jan 6 with 1395 viewsNed_Kennedys

Richards…vanishing act again? on 17:13 - Jan 5 by Rangersw12

Surely if he isn't turning up that would be grounds to terminate his contract or am I being hopelessly naive !?

Surely all clubs run a code of conduct with monetary penalties linked to various indiscretions?
If so then not turning up for training on numerous occasions must rank quite highly on this which means we could be fining him most of his wages by now if indeed this is fact and not just internet BS…..
[Post edited 6 Jan 13:34]
Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:08 - Jan 6 with 1276 viewsactonman

If we’re indulging him and his attitude because we can’t get rid and think we may get a tune out of him at some point then there in lies one of the problems within the club !

I have no idea of his mental health but what I do know is , I have trod this earth for nearly 50 years , gone through and still go though a living nightmare most days , seen deaths , illness of close family and friends along with all the other sh!te life throws at you ! I’m sure I’m not alone and there are many of us with the same struggles to get through and yet I still have to get my rrrs out of bed everyday and go to work to provide for my family and keep a roof over our heads .

No fking time for wasters ! We have given him what ? A season and a half to sort himself out and I’ve got more chance of making an impact on the team at present !
Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:15 - Jan 6 with 1250 viewsLazyFan

Richards…vanishing act again? on 22:34 - Jan 5 by Northernr

TBF if Beale was running a 'no dickheads' policy it's no wonder he didn't last long here.

Basically everybody he signed is a top cnt.

He tricked Paal into coming here and he turned out more than decent.

zzzzzzzzzz

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:25 - Jan 6 with 1185 viewspaulparker

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:15 - Jan 6 by LazyFan

He tricked Paal into coming here and he turned out more than decent.

Paal has had a decent start with us but has been poor for ages , another who is mentally weak

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Richards…vanishing act again? on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 1111 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:25 - Jan 6 by paulparker

Paal has had a decent start with us but has been poor for ages , another who is mentally weak

As soon an Mick the traitor and his set piece coach wandered off north Paal was left on his own to figure out corners and he still sucks badly .
He does get beaten far too easily for such an experienced defender but at least he does try and go forward and contribute something .
There is worse men out there impersonating QPR players sadly
Richards…vanishing act again? on 14:20 - Jan 6 with 1049 viewsGus_iom

The culture at QPR....what an example this absolute waste of space sets for our youngsters.
And if he is knocking about with his old crew...Jeanne Leane was drummed out partly because of that.
Edit - different times, different society, I suppose.
[Post edited 6 Jan 14:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024