Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richards…vanishing act again? 19:43 - Jan 1 with 21810 viewsHammersmithR

Has been on the bench the odd game recently. Supposedly one of our highest players on a 4 year contract. We are down to the bare bones today and no where near the squad today. Where on earth is this guy? Literally stealing a living from us. It is utterly disgraceful.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 09:38 - Jan 2 with 3096 viewsqprninja

A Beale signing I believe. We can't just "git rid" as we have to pay up his contract, and I doubt we can afford to do that. I've heard it mentioned that he has mental health difficulties , not sure if it was linked to a death of close friend/relation in the last year. So maybe (hopefully) the club are helping him with that, which they should do. If that isn't the case and he is just "trouble", then that is yet another poor signing. A sad situation that epitomises the current state of the club.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:50 - Jan 2 with 2862 viewsNortholt_Rs

Brighton couldn’t believe their luck when they got shot of him. Blokes a wrong ‘un 100%.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:53 - Jan 2 with 2843 viewsNorthernr

It's a joke, let's be honest.

If Brighton are willing to loan you a player with a set fee at the end, that should ring an alarm bell. They're very, very confident he's not going to do anything in the loan spell.

His references from Birmingham, a club where he injured himself doing his medical, were appalling.

We've tried to be clever punting the transfer fee from one set of accounts to the next, but we knew the next set of accounts would be an even more challenging period for us than the previous. You're basically signing a player you cannot afford.

Scandalous really.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:58 - Jan 2 with 2785 viewsPunteR

Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:53 - Jan 2 by Northernr

If Brighton are willing to loan you a player with a set fee at the end, that should ring an alarm bell. They're very, very confident he's not going to do anything in the loan spell.

His references from Birmingham, a club where he injured himself doing his medical, were appalling.

We've tried to be clever punting the transfer fee from one set of accounts to the next, but we knew the next set of accounts would be an even more challenging period for us than the previous. You're basically signing a player you cannot afford.

Scandalous really.

Who's responsibility is this.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:09 - Jan 2 with 2699 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:58 - Jan 2 by PunteR

Who's responsibility is this.?

I would say it's a collective failure.

Hoos did the deal in the way it was done, actually seemed quite pleased with the trick of moving it from one set of accounts to the next at the fans forum.

I think it's a Beale signing, but I'm not sure. So potentially some blame there. If the recruitment team picked him, or signed off on it, then blame there.

Les was supposed to be director of football here at the time. Too often during his spell he let managers sign players they liked. This one does at least fit into the profile of young, good pedigree, plenty of sell on potential, but there seems to be a massive failure last summer on background checks and the character of the players we brought in. Laird, Roberts, Balogun, Richards all just seem like absolute twts to me. That's on Beale, the recruitment team, and Les who oversaw it all. One thing I had heard was that Les had been against him moving back to Shepherd's Bush/W12 when he came back here. There's a theme of Les' time here that he had the right idea, but either didn't follow through with it or allowed himself to be ignored, or made exceptions because Warbs loved Andre Gray, or Beale had worked with somebody before etc etc.

It's also a product of us veering from one style of manager to the next again. Even a fit, interested, fulfilling his potential Taylor Richards isn't going to be a Gareth Ainsworth player as long as he's got a hole in his ars. We appointed a manager who was completely at odds with the squad we'd put together.

I also think it speaks to just general lack of solid leadership, and standards, at the club. How on earth is this being allowed to sustain month after month and manager after manager?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:27 - Jan 2 with 2590 viewsParkRoyalR

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:09 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Hoos did the deal in the way it was done, actually seemed quite pleased with the trick of moving it from one set of accounts to the next at the fans forum.

I think it's a Beale signing, but I'm not sure. So potentially some blame there. If the recruitment team picked him, or signed off on it, then blame there.

Les was supposed to be director of football here at the time. Too often during his spell he let managers sign players they liked. This one does at least fit into the profile of young, good pedigree, plenty of sell on potential, but there seems to be a massive failure last summer on background checks and the character of the players we brought in. Laird, Roberts, Balogun, Richards all just seem like absolute twts to me. That's on Beale, the recruitment team, and Les who oversaw it all. One thing I had heard was that Les had been against him moving back to Shepherd's Bush/W12 when he came back here. There's a theme of Les' time here that he had the right idea, but either didn't follow through with it or allowed himself to be ignored, or made exceptions because Warbs loved Andre Gray, or Beale had worked with somebody before etc etc.

It's also a product of us veering from one style of manager to the next again. Even a fit, interested, fulfilling his potential Taylor Richards isn't going to be a Gareth Ainsworth player as long as he's got a hole in his ars. We appointed a manager who was completely at odds with the squad we'd put together.

I also think it speaks to just general lack of solid leadership, and standards, at the club. How on earth is this being allowed to sustain month after month and manager after manager?

Les being a local lad would know moving back to Shepherds Bush is a big mistake, especially as the lads Taylor grew up with are big in the music scene with all the parties that go with that, as well as local gang feuding.

Could'nt come at a worse time as from what I have seen of him on the pitch, he does try to unlock defences with his passing in the final third and without Willock and Chair, we sorely need a player who can do this.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 14:02 - Jan 2 with 2396 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Richards…vanishing act again? on 12:53 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Scandalous really.

Beyond belief that he couldn't make the bench yesterday.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 14:31 - Jan 2 with 2337 viewsbaz_qpr

The only way I could see any hope for him is if they send him to Exeter or abroad on loan away from London or any big city for that matter and he wants to concentrate on his football career. Reminds me of Leon Jeanne
Login to get fewer ads

Richards…vanishing act again? on 14:33 - Jan 2 with 2331 viewsloftboy

They could have paid me 50% to do the same job.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:13 - Jan 2 with 2222 viewsstevec

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:09 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Talking of DOF’s, my son arrived at an empty White City station circa 1pm yesterday and noticed a certain Mr Dennis Wise furtively loitering about the place.

Presently President of Como FC so hopefully on a scouting mission rather than seeking employment.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:13 - Jan 2 with 2226 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:13 - Jan 2 by stevec

Talking of DOF’s, my son arrived at an empty White City station circa 1pm yesterday and noticed a certain Mr Dennis Wise furtively loitering about the place.

Presently President of Como FC so hopefully on a scouting mission rather than seeking employment.

Was there with Bircham, who is also at Como.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:17 - Jan 2 with 2195 viewsstevec

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:13 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Be nice if they took Tyler home with them.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:44 - Jan 2 with 2105 viewsFrankRightguard

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:13 - Jan 2 by Northernr

I’m just waiting for Bircham to be dropped into the DOF role to be honest. He ticks all the boxes for the board…the fans like him. That’ll do!
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:47 - Jan 2 with 2089 viewsnumptydumpty

If as has been stated Richards has a mental health condition and its been disclosed to his employers, his employers under the Equalitiles Act have a duty of care.

This is the law in place.

I have never been aware myself of any club, having to keep on their books someone who is mentally not well. But if this is indeed the reality of the situation, then dismissal or permanent " gardening leave ." The laws are very rigid today.

I worked back in 2005 for a mental health support in the workplace organisation.

Obviously most people who went off long term sick, ended up on statutory sick pay. Not much more than job seekers allowance back then.

But I remember one man who had bipolar himself. He worked for Microsoft but was long term sick. He was a regional marketing rep and on £100k per year. He was off sick for two years and on 75k both years with no obligation to go back. He did not go back, but one thing can vouch for, he was unwell and could hardly get out of his home.

Am sure with agents as they are, they can totally screw a unknowing non savvy club as we have been, so that the default high earnings sick package kicks in and for the long term.

Am assuming this to be the case.

But the signing was clearly flawed and if he had a drug or alcohol habit or hung around with the wrong sorts, it's very difficult to remove oneself from these groups.

They would have been circling big time if Taylor had previously had these connections and perhaps that is what is at play, as this is home territory for him.

Obviously though as the club have only allowed extremely limited information to come out, none of us know what on earth is going on.

They may be obligated to not make public knowledge if there is anything incorporating potential harm.

But seen as we know absolutely nothing, all of this is complete hearsay as with anything else.

Think it was at Southampton home game when everyone else was doing group warm up, and training exercises Taylor was on his own doing keeping uppies.

Was a bizarre sight.

As it is, for whatever reasons , we have been consistently kept in the dark with regards to this situation but its been an ongoing disaster from both playing perspective and also from a PR standpoint also.

Think we may well be totally buggered with this contract having to be played out.

Clearly though he will never perform for us at any level and for one who was said to be a QPR fan, its all a massive upset, all round.
[Post edited 2 Jan 15:56]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:48 - Jan 2 with 2078 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:44 - Jan 2 by FrankRightguard

I’m just waiting for Bircham to be dropped into the DOF role to be honest. He ticks all the boxes for the board…the fans like him. That’ll do!

Steve Gallen was next to me on the Overground for one of the pre-Christmas games.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:52 - Jan 2 with 2006 viewsnumptydumpty

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:48 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Steve Gallen was next to me on the Overground for one of the pre-Christmas games.

My mate from school days was sat in row in front of me and had not seen him there for some time.

He did play quite well at primary school and took a bookkeeping role in a supervisory capacity as a temp job thirty years ago so am fully expecting his name to be in the hat for new DoF also !¡!! 😉

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:57 - Jan 2 with 1955 viewsNorthernr

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:52 - Jan 2 by numptydumpty

My mate from school days was sat in row in front of me and had not seen him there for some time.

He did play quite well at primary school and took a bookkeeping role in a supervisory capacity as a temp job thirty years ago so am fully expecting his name to be in the hat for new DoF also !¡!! 😉

Fck that, get him on up front.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 16:19 - Jan 2 with 1884 viewsNorthLondonR

I saw big Mick Harford on South Africa Road about 2.45 pm yesterday
Richards…vanishing act again? on 16:25 - Jan 2 with 1856 viewsOldPedro

Richards…vanishing act again? on 15:44 - Jan 2 by FrankRightguard

Bircham left Como recently

He also tweeted about watching QPR with Dennis Wise

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:11 - Jan 2 with 1635 viewsWestonsuperR

Richards…vanishing act again? on 20:35 - Jan 1 by paulparker

The bloke is an absolute disgrace and I still find it baffling that fans on here think he is a good player who just needs a chance
If we have any funds in this window then pay this pr1ck off and get him gone

Totally agree. From time to time I see a suggestion as to how good he is or that we should give him a run of games, based on what? No Manager has selected him regularly, all he has ever done for us is have a decent 10mins vs Hudd last season.

Pay him off.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:31 - Jan 2 with 1534 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pie in the sky, I'm afraid - just think back to the situations with Caulker, Carlisle, and Rio Ferdinand, and how they were cloaked in a shroud of almost religious quiet. Players' 'situations' (at our club, anyway) get treated as though they were nuclear secrets in this bastard sport, and the fans, as I keep saying , are treated as mugs. But you can't help feeling that at QPR, if we have the opportunity to allow players not to perform for any number of reasons and keep paying them regardless (SWP, Cesar, Richards) while treating the fanbase with contempt, that's one feat of footballing embarrassment we excel at.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:34 - Jan 2 with 1531 viewsessextaxiboy

A decent shout for DOF , at least he has some experience .
Richards…vanishing act again? on 18:35 - Jan 2 with 1523 viewsstainrods_elbow

Richards…vanishing act again? on 13:27 - Jan 2 by ParkRoyalR

Les being a local lad would know moving back to Shepherds Bush is a big mistake, especially as the lads Taylor grew up with are big in the music scene with all the parties that go with that, as well as local gang feuding.

Could'nt come at a worse time as from what I have seen of him on the pitch, he does try to unlock defences with his passing in the final third and without Willock and Chair, we sorely need a player who can do this.

How many defences has he 'unlocked' since he's been at the club? He's scarcely fiddled with a key!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:06 - Jan 2 with 1464 viewsLimehouseR

Has the manager ever been directly asked bout Richards in a press conference/interview?

As in, "Why is he never available?" or has this been met with a load of waffle about fitness/injury etc?

Would be interesting to see what the response from Marti would be if asked a direct question about it.
Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:56 - Jan 2 with 1381 viewsloneranger1

Richards…vanishing act again? on 19:06 - Jan 2 by LimehouseR

Has the manager ever been directly asked bout Richards in a press conference/interview?

As in, "Why is he never available?" or has this been met with a load of waffle about fitness/injury etc?

Would be interesting to see what the response from Marti would be if asked a direct question about it.

Remember one one of the podcasts about a month or so back, Marti was asked why he'd been unavailable for a recent game and he said that he'd been unwell/ill but would be available soon - made it sound like a cold! Obviously nothing since then.

Seem to remember GA churning out a similar line when asked on a podcast as well.

Must be a dreaded question for Marti - how is he going to answer it if asked again, if the club is insisting on not letting the fans know what's actually going on?!

Not being able to make the bench yesterday makes me think we may never see him again (yes, we might say good riddance I know, but what a waste of the club's money)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024