Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post office / Horizon show 19:46 - Jan 2 with 28949 viewsRangersDave

Christ, what great 'real' drama.

When i first heard about Horizon, waaaay back in the day, and even then with my rudimentary understanding of glitches, viruses, 'computer says no' etc, i knew there was something wildly 'fishy' about it.

Thoroughly recommend it to you all.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Post office / Horizon show on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 1544 viewsNorthernr

Post office / Horizon show on 20:30 - Jan 17 by Sonofpugwash

Police investigations slated to take until at least 2026.
The victims ain't getting jack shit.

Rapidly getting on for ten years since Grenfell mate. I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Post office / Horizon show on 22:28 - Jan 17 with 1496 viewsloftupper

Post office / Horizon show on 21:18 - Jan 17 by SheffieldHoop

Which public sector IT projects are left? I know a lot of the NHS is dumping their in-house software in exchange for off-the-shelf solutions (Hopefully not fujitsu!). Some are provided by Google, Oracle....But a lot more provided by British start-ups like Emis, TPP, Servelec etc. I dunno if that's entirely fair either, there are some talented IT guys in the NHS, but I wouldn't really know as I'm not a coder.

I also thought these companies were using it as a gravy train (Having worked in a couple) until I found out what the NHS was paying for the things they replace. Few years ago I replaced clock-in machines for staff required to register the time they start/finish work. Replaced an old punchcard thing with a new snazzy fingerprint scanner which also, if all done correctly, can enable you to access your pay from the moment you clock off work. The annual cost of the licence and maintenance went down by over 90% compared to the old machines.

Thats a good question, if there are none I would very much doubt its because they were all completed.

I always get nervous when I see StartUps get involved, especially with Public money. Its easy to build a product and get it to market but much harder to transition that to a sustainable scalable business.
Post office / Horizon show on 22:49 - Jan 17 with 1455 viewsSheffieldHoop

Post office / Horizon show on 22:28 - Jan 17 by loftupper

Thats a good question, if there are none I would very much doubt its because they were all completed.

I always get nervous when I see StartUps get involved, especially with Public money. Its easy to build a product and get it to market but much harder to transition that to a sustainable scalable business.

Well, generally they were that in the 90s and early 00s, quite a lot got bought up by competitors and/or venture capital and eventually have been (or are planning to be) sold on to big multinational crops.

Thankfully this country is also coming through with a load of new competitors who are looking to disrupt this. Innovation is one thing we're generally quite good at, when we're enabled to get on with it, that is.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Post office / Horizon show on 20:32 - Jan 18 with 1271 viewsGroveR

Post office / Horizon show on 21:33 - Jan 17 by NorthantsHoop

What has furthered my curiosity about this whole sorry saga is what in the major Post Office branches i.e. Crown Post Offices directly run by the Post Office not the ones run by Sub branch postmasters was happening with the Horizon system, were those branches and staff directly employed by the Post Office being caught out by the Horizon system, or was it all being covered up and only affecting the sub post offices.
[Post edited 17 Jan 22:03]

Yep.

The few hundred Crown Post Offices left that are directly run by POL, they also use this Horizon system and during the financial year 2007/8 these offices lost £2.2m using this system, and whilst their staff are not treated as guilty until proven innocent, a subpostmaster is.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmpublic/postalserv/memo/ps14.htm
Post office / Horizon show on 21:50 - Jan 18 with 1200 viewsBedford_R

Post Office and Fujitsu brands go further down the toilet. They make sh!t smell sweet.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68017571

RMH_R Reborn

Post office / Horizon show on 14:24 - Jan 19 with 1010 viewsJimthehip

Post office / Horizon show on 21:20 - Jan 17 by LongsufferingR

Are you Stainrod's Elbow? It's a bit rich telling others to expand their horizons and listen to other opinions when that's exactly the opposite of what you do yourself. All you do is immerse yourself in books or articles that agree with your point of view and shout down anybody else. The same trick he pulls to try and gain the "intellectual" high ground.

Before you respond I am not saying which side of the discussion I'm on as I'm not posting to agree or disagree with you, just to point out that you are in the top two (or one) of the most one-eyed posters on here.

I openly am willing to discuss every single detail of the genocide the majority on here support?

I am not smart nor do I claim to be (nor have I ever claimed to be), however, Sheffield is the definition of weaponised ignorance - He won't read or learn about the genocide of Palestinians but insists on labelling 1oos of millions of people as 'terrorists'.

More than happy to discuss this issue in depth one at a time. With regard to my own political beliefs, these are a result of the material reality of Britain. Britain is in the logical state a country ends in when there is a monopoly economy run in the interests of those who own the means of production. I only believe these things because it is the material conditions of 2024 Britain.

More than happy to learn from your own perspective and I'm sure you're very smart and capable of great insight. I wanna be clear I do not have anything that anybody else has on this forum and am open to be shown that I'm wrong on any subject
Post office / Horizon show on 14:28 - Jan 19 with 1006 viewsJimthehip

Post office / Horizon show on 21:27 - Jan 17 by SheffieldHoop

Jimbob, I've already got a long list of books that I want to read. So the last thing I need is you piling on crank recommendations that I don't even want to read.

Next up for me will be "Daylight Robbery" by Dominic Frisby if you're interested.

"Crank recommendations" but you haven't even looked into a single recommendation I make? I'm more than willing to read or have alookinto anything you post Just like I showed you the twitter post you put up didn't demonstrate the claim you intended to demonstrate. I'll look into your suggestion.

But I must say.. this is you in a nutshell. You are so thin skinned, so insecure and so out of your depth that you believe its ok to label hundreds of millions of people terrorist whilst the UK is killing thousands and thousands of babies in the most brutal, bloody way and not spend a single second reading about Palestine. Same with all you liberals on here.. it's all "politics and football don't mix mate"

The definition of weaponised ignorance.
Post office / Horizon show on 14:31 - Jan 19 with 988 viewsSheffieldHoop

Post office / Horizon show on 14:28 - Jan 19 by Jimthehip

"Crank recommendations" but you haven't even looked into a single recommendation I make? I'm more than willing to read or have alookinto anything you post Just like I showed you the twitter post you put up didn't demonstrate the claim you intended to demonstrate. I'll look into your suggestion.

But I must say.. this is you in a nutshell. You are so thin skinned, so insecure and so out of your depth that you believe its ok to label hundreds of millions of people terrorist whilst the UK is killing thousands and thousands of babies in the most brutal, bloody way and not spend a single second reading about Palestine. Same with all you liberals on here.. it's all "politics and football don't mix mate"

The definition of weaponised ignorance.

Out of my depth

Login to get fewer ads

Post office / Horizon show on 14:55 - Jan 19 with 960 viewsJimthehip

Post office / Horizon show on 14:31 - Jan 19 by SheffieldHoop

Out of my depth

Sheffield you claimed that opposing the most documented and openly sharec and online streamed genocide in all of history makes you a terrorist.

You complain about woke politics but you equated opposing a genocide to being antisemitism - weaponising the identity of a group to support a political belief , something you purport to hate

You spent 3 long texts discussing the importance of private servicesl over public servicesonly to the announce you work in the public sector and you love it!

There's plenty other stuff you've said on here that makes no sense by your own logic. I'm sorry but you really ARE out of your depth. I dint know why you can't just admit that you don't really know a great deal about the opinions you're sharing and you're just copying what you see online.

It's OK- we in the west are brainwashed into thinking like that. Just be honest.
Post office / Horizon show on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 952 viewsSheffieldHoop

Post office / Horizon show on 14:55 - Jan 19 by Jimthehip

Sheffield you claimed that opposing the most documented and openly sharec and online streamed genocide in all of history makes you a terrorist.

You complain about woke politics but you equated opposing a genocide to being antisemitism - weaponising the identity of a group to support a political belief , something you purport to hate

You spent 3 long texts discussing the importance of private servicesl over public servicesonly to the announce you work in the public sector and you love it!

There's plenty other stuff you've said on here that makes no sense by your own logic. I'm sorry but you really ARE out of your depth. I dint know why you can't just admit that you don't really know a great deal about the opinions you're sharing and you're just copying what you see online.

It's OK- we in the west are brainwashed into thinking like that. Just be honest.

Does it offend you, yeah?

I'm just a normal everyday cnt mate (Arent we all?), saying what I see through my own eyes. No more no less.
[Post edited 19 Jan 15:01]

Post office / Horizon show on 15:20 - Jan 19 with 917 viewsJimthehip

Post office / Horizon show on 14:59 - Jan 19 by SheffieldHoop

Does it offend you, yeah?

I'm just a normal everyday cnt mate (Arent we all?), saying what I see through my own eyes. No more no less.
[Post edited 19 Jan 15:01]

Sheffield, nobody is offended by you. honest, this "standing up against the snowflakes" is a narrative invented by a media that is owned by a handful of people whom profit by dividing us people who sell or bodies and brains for a small fraction of the value we create. It's a con mate. Ypu're being cheated. The same people who talk about free speech are arresting norma lcivilians for protesting Palestine

I'm not offended by you calling people "terrorists" when they are the people calling for a ceasefire to killing babies and to an end to an illegal occupation. not offended however very angry. When adults refuse to look into the details of the opionois they volunteer and actually even refuse to discuss that makes me very angry. Because not knowing why you passionately believe something and refusing to listen to sense means you are knowingly ignorant.

I'm not trying to get at you Sheffield, I'm really not. You're a normal British working class guy just like me and I've no doubt we would get on really well. Your passion is excellent and you obviously care about our country. I Just think you're being manipulated by very clever people who have no regard for Britain and are not patriotic in the slightest.

Honestly, I'm willing to read books you recommend. I'm not clever and nor do I claim to be. I'm just sick of the obvious bullshit we are fed by an elite who will literally kill us before stepping down.
Post office / Horizon show on 15:34 - Jan 19 with 877 viewsCamberleyR

No offence, but can you two not carry this on by private message?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Post office / Horizon show on 15:41 - Jan 19 with 851 viewsSheffieldHoop

Post office / Horizon show on 15:20 - Jan 19 by Jimthehip

Sheffield, nobody is offended by you. honest, this "standing up against the snowflakes" is a narrative invented by a media that is owned by a handful of people whom profit by dividing us people who sell or bodies and brains for a small fraction of the value we create. It's a con mate. Ypu're being cheated. The same people who talk about free speech are arresting norma lcivilians for protesting Palestine

I'm not offended by you calling people "terrorists" when they are the people calling for a ceasefire to killing babies and to an end to an illegal occupation. not offended however very angry. When adults refuse to look into the details of the opionois they volunteer and actually even refuse to discuss that makes me very angry. Because not knowing why you passionately believe something and refusing to listen to sense means you are knowingly ignorant.

I'm not trying to get at you Sheffield, I'm really not. You're a normal British working class guy just like me and I've no doubt we would get on really well. Your passion is excellent and you obviously care about our country. I Just think you're being manipulated by very clever people who have no regard for Britain and are not patriotic in the slightest.

Honestly, I'm willing to read books you recommend. I'm not clever and nor do I claim to be. I'm just sick of the obvious bullshit we are fed by an elite who will literally kill us before stepping down.

Not sure we are quite the same. I'm 30, I've got 1 kid and another on the way, I bought my house in 2021......I'm doing my best to make it happen against the odds.

You on the other hand appear to be living in a squat and wasting time indulging yourself in the kind of luxurious beliefs that only the Western world enables you to believe in. I dunno what you do for work or whether you make much of a living but I'd bet good money on your parents being richer than mine!!

Sorry Camberley, I wish he'd just ignore my posts like everybody else.

Post office / Horizon show on 16:03 - Jan 19 with 787 viewsterryb

Post office / Horizon show on 15:41 - Jan 19 by SheffieldHoop

Not sure we are quite the same. I'm 30, I've got 1 kid and another on the way, I bought my house in 2021......I'm doing my best to make it happen against the odds.

You on the other hand appear to be living in a squat and wasting time indulging yourself in the kind of luxurious beliefs that only the Western world enables you to believe in. I dunno what you do for work or whether you make much of a living but I'd bet good money on your parents being richer than mine!!

Perhaps it would be better if you both put each other on ignore?
Post office / Horizon show on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 754 viewsJimthehip

Post office / Horizon show on 15:41 - Jan 19 by SheffieldHoop

Sheffield you're all over the place.

Nothing you write on here makes any joined up sense.

You're now ignoring everything you're previously stated and talking about the parents of someone you've never met before. I mean, what are you talking about?!

regardless of your age, me and you both sell our labour power. we don't own anything (we may have personal property but not private property) and we are both working class.

I don't live in a squat (it's actually made illegal you cannot live in buildings that are empty) I live and always have lived in rented accommodation as the majority of the country do. My parents own an old council home. I live in the rented property that is unfit for humans. I Ride the public transport that is lightyears behind china and falling apart. I live in the country that is politically illiterate and utterly brainwashed.

Luxurious beliefs? I don't know what that means. It's just irrelevant words Sheffield. You're all over the place.

Again, everything you've said about me has no relation to anything you've claimed or stated on this forum at any point.

You seem to be saying "I'm allowed to not make any coherent point because I think my parents had it tougher that your parents" . it's like a sort of appeal to authority argument..

what are you talking about?! what has this got to do with anything you've said concerning the NHS/vaccines or anything you've mentioned?!
Post office / Horizon show on 16:17 - Jan 19 with 752 viewsSheffieldHoop

Post office / Horizon show on 16:03 - Jan 19 by terryb

Perhaps it would be better if you both put each other on ignore?

Perhaps it would be better for you to put us both on ignore? I'm good thanks.

Post office / Horizon show on 16:19 - Jan 19 with 745 viewsSheffieldHoop

Post office / Horizon show on 16:16 - Jan 19 by Jimthehip

Sheffield you're all over the place.

Nothing you write on here makes any joined up sense.

You're now ignoring everything you're previously stated and talking about the parents of someone you've never met before. I mean, what are you talking about?!

regardless of your age, me and you both sell our labour power. we don't own anything (we may have personal property but not private property) and we are both working class.

I don't live in a squat (it's actually made illegal you cannot live in buildings that are empty) I live and always have lived in rented accommodation as the majority of the country do. My parents own an old council home. I live in the rented property that is unfit for humans. I Ride the public transport that is lightyears behind china and falling apart. I live in the country that is politically illiterate and utterly brainwashed.

Luxurious beliefs? I don't know what that means. It's just irrelevant words Sheffield. You're all over the place.

Again, everything you've said about me has no relation to anything you've claimed or stated on this forum at any point.

You seem to be saying "I'm allowed to not make any coherent point because I think my parents had it tougher that your parents" . it's like a sort of appeal to authority argument..

what are you talking about?! what has this got to do with anything you've said concerning the NHS/vaccines or anything you've mentioned?!

Sorry to hear you're struggling to keep up, mate.

Post office / Horizon show on 16:21 - Jan 19 with 733 viewsJimthehip

Post office / Horizon show on 16:19 - Jan 19 by SheffieldHoop

Sorry to hear you're struggling to keep up, mate.

You make no sense as a human. Its like talking to a child man!
Post office / Horizon show on 16:23 - Jan 19 with 721 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The issue is beginning to feel like a bit of a dead cat now.
[Post edited 19 Jan 16:31]
Post office / Horizon show on 16:25 - Jan 19 with 705 viewsterryb

Post office / Horizon show on 16:17 - Jan 19 by SheffieldHoop

Perhaps it would be better for you to put us both on ignore? I'm good thanks.

Done. Thank you for the advice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024