Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post office / Horizon show 19:46 - Jan 2 with 28962 viewsRangersDave

Christ, what great 'real' drama.

When i first heard about Horizon, waaaay back in the day, and even then with my rudimentary understanding of glitches, viruses, 'computer says no' etc, i knew there was something wildly 'fishy' about it.

Thoroughly recommend it to you all.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Post office / Horizon show on 20:16 - Jan 10 with 2343 viewskensalriser

Post office / Horizon show on 19:43 - Jan 10 by Northernr

It still boggles my mind that you can get to a point where you're pursuing 3,500 postmasters for thieving without thinking 'hang on a minute'.

Mass zealotry. There's a lot of it about.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Post office / Horizon show on 22:17 - Jan 10 with 2212 viewsHooping_Mad

Post office / Horizon show on 19:08 - Jan 9 by SheffieldHoop

Surely at some point in the 10 years before Vennells joined the post office, this should've been fished out? More than 100 prosecutions based on faulty Horizon data in three years between 2000 and 2002. Surely you cannot still be blaming this on honest mistakes by 2012. Surely.

I also see a lot of people mentioning the Church of England in amongst this. If she was from another religion, would it be fair to make that association? Different people are held to different standards. But that's another story for another day.

'Do unto others' is known as the golden rule in Christianity. I mentioned it as an example of a morale standard she professed to observe.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Post office / Horizon show on 23:20 - Jan 10 with 2133 viewsBedford_R

Post office / Horizon show on 19:17 - Jan 10 by numptydumpty

He turned down an OBE as he was against the crooked "titles for the boys and girls" system that creates honours for mates of the establishment.

He would not want an honour as it means nothing.

The man is only interested in justice and all power to him for that.

He turned it down as the previous CEO still had her CBE. Now she is returning it that removes the reason for his objection.

RMH_R Reborn

Post office / Horizon show on 00:14 - Jan 11 with 2093 viewsnumptydumpty

Post office / Horizon show on 23:20 - Jan 10 by Bedford_R

He turned it down as the previous CEO still had her CBE. Now she is returning it that removes the reason for his objection.

The fact she got it in the first place along with cronies of the politicians, party funders etc was his reason as he believed the honours system is b%ggered which I tend to agree with him

And reasonable compensation for every single postmaster wronged is what he truly wants

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Post office / Horizon show on 08:04 - Jan 11 with 1961 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Utterly scandalous!

However, as we frequently see in such situations, the establishment rarely pushes for those responsible to carry the appropriate blame and more importantly, to bear the full legal consequences for their acts and omissions. This scandal might turn out otherwise due to the growing public call for action, generated by a TV show. And that's what's driving this, not swift redress from within and begs the question: but for the TV show, what would be happening?

I'd be (happily) surprised if appropriate actions also followed enquiries into: the HS2 cock-up; the huge redistribution of wealth under the guise of buying Covid protection equipment; and allowing unsafe cladding on buildings - to name but three.

But as with all these things: who knew what? When did they know about it? And what did they do as a result? The answers are invariably: more than enough, early on, and nothing beyond seeking to instigate a cover-up.

Yet again, the repugnant stench of establishment injustice without consequences wafted freely in the air, before a TV program saw action. There's a question here about parliamentary exhoneration bypassing the judicial process, but it needs doing!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Post office / Horizon show on 09:47 - Jan 11 with 1849 viewsTheChef

Post office / Horizon show on 19:43 - Jan 10 by Northernr

It still boggles my mind that you can get to a point where you're pursuing 3,500 postmasters for thieving without thinking 'hang on a minute'.

Er yeah. Literally incredible...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Post office / Horizon show on 09:48 - Jan 11 with 1855 viewsNorthernr

Post office / Horizon show on 09:47 - Jan 11 by TheChef

Well, quite.
Post office / Horizon show on 09:52 - Jan 11 with 1847 viewsdaveB

Post office / Horizon show on 08:04 - Jan 11 by PlanetHonneywood

Utterly scandalous!

However, as we frequently see in such situations, the establishment rarely pushes for those responsible to carry the appropriate blame and more importantly, to bear the full legal consequences for their acts and omissions. This scandal might turn out otherwise due to the growing public call for action, generated by a TV show. And that's what's driving this, not swift redress from within and begs the question: but for the TV show, what would be happening?

I'd be (happily) surprised if appropriate actions also followed enquiries into: the HS2 cock-up; the huge redistribution of wealth under the guise of buying Covid protection equipment; and allowing unsafe cladding on buildings - to name but three.

But as with all these things: who knew what? When did they know about it? And what did they do as a result? The answers are invariably: more than enough, early on, and nothing beyond seeking to instigate a cover-up.

Yet again, the repugnant stench of establishment injustice without consequences wafted freely in the air, before a TV program saw action. There's a question here about parliamentary exhoneration bypassing the judicial process, but it needs doing!

It's more common than you think really, governments only usually take action when there is a big tv show or press campaign which shows the human side of the story, saw it with Stephen Lawrence, Hillsborough and now this

Thats what the drama did very well rather than a step by step of he did this she did that it showed how it affected people that we can all relate to and that has sparked anger and outrage.
Login to get fewer ads

Post office / Horizon show on 10:35 - Jan 11 with 1796 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Post office / Horizon show on 09:52 - Jan 11 by daveB

It's more common than you think really, governments only usually take action when there is a big tv show or press campaign which shows the human side of the story, saw it with Stephen Lawrence, Hillsborough and now this

Thats what the drama did very well rather than a step by step of he did this she did that it showed how it affected people that we can all relate to and that has sparked anger and outrage.

Sad, but true!

Shame we can't make another TV show about returning QPR to greatness over a defined period. Last one we did actually worked!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Post office / Horizon show on 10:43 - Jan 11 with 1782 viewsBoston

Post office / Horizon show on 09:47 - Jan 11 by TheChef

Well I'm watching, seems obvious to me this Scouser stole the money. Case closed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Post office / Horizon show on 16:10 - Jan 11 with 1669 viewsBedford_R

Post office / Horizon show on 10:43 - Jan 11 by Boston

Well I'm watching, seems obvious to me this Scouser stole the money. Case closed.

He's not a very good witness. He's like a thug.

RMH_R Reborn

Post office / Horizon show on 16:17 - Jan 11 with 1649 viewsflynnbo

Comes across as aggressive and confrontational.
Post office / Horizon show on 16:45 - Jan 11 with 1611 viewsRangersDave

Post office / Horizon show on 10:35 - Jan 11 by PlanetHonneywood

Sad, but true!

Shame we can't make another TV show about returning QPR to greatness over a defined period. Last one we did actually worked!

ah, 'The 30 year plan!', i see it now!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Post office / Horizon show on 17:05 - Jan 11 with 1573 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Post office / Horizon show on 16:45 - Jan 11 by RangersDave

ah, 'The 30 year plan!', i see it now!

Ample time to ensure formalities are complied with when signing South Americans.

What could possibly go wrong?

Post office / Horizon show on 21:16 - Jan 11 with 1510 viewsBedford_R

Petition to hold Fujitsu to account for their part. They should offer up hundreds of millions to help with the compensation and the cost of sorting it all out for the SPM's. And then they should sell there UK arm of their business and never operate in this country again...

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/hold-fujitsu-to-account-for-post-office-s

RMH_R Reborn

Post office / Horizon show on 22:53 - Jan 11 with 1468 viewsGloryHunter

Post office / Horizon show on 14:41 - Jan 9 by radfords

Clearly there needs to be compensation paid to the victims of this. What happened to the “stolen money’ if there was no theft ? The possible explanation is offered in the story. It was put into a holding account and written back as profits. In this case both Fujitsu and Post Office need to reveal if this was the case and who got those profits. This will have provided, in all probability, bonuses for Executives of either or both companies. These bonuses should be repaid and also any funds from the holding account.
The easy solution for the politicians is to pay compensation from taxpayers funds. The punishment must fit the crime and both corporations and executives should repay all benefits they derived from their behaviour.

What happened to the "stolen money" if there was no theft?
This appears to be an unintended consequence of The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 - brought in by the Blair Government. It allows for the confiscation of assets from convicted persons. In this case - combined with bonus payments to the investigators for successful prosecutions - it forced wrongly-convicted postmasters to sell their homes to pay for non-existent shortfalls. Disgraceful.
I remember passing-by a tent set up by the Police in Ipswich town centre to publicise this thing at the time. A fresh-faced young detective thrust a leaflet into my hand and asked me to complete a questionnaire - did this new Act of Parliament make me feel safer, he asked - no it fcking did not, I replied, I thought it sounded like very dangerous potential risk to innocent people. Little did I realise quite how dangerous it would turn out to be.
[Post edited 11 Jan 23:17]
Post office / Horizon show on 01:04 - Jan 12 with 1391 viewsBedford_R

HIGNFY clip from a few years back on twitter. Private Eye had been banging on about it for years.

RMH_R Reborn

Post office / Horizon show on 10:48 - Jan 12 with 1295 viewsderbyhoop

There is another, bigger scandal brewing re EU citizens and asylum. See chrisgreybrexit on Twitter for more details. But briefly
140k EU citizens have Certificates saying that they have applied for Settled Staus. But cases have not been heard.
Border Force have turned away 3 people in the last few weeks.

Around 165k asylum seekers have not had their claims processed.

All 3 (PO, EUSS and asylum) involve Govt or quasi Govt agencies victimising the little people.
But it probably wont have the same impact as it will be foreigners affected.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Post office / Horizon show on 11:10 - Jan 12 with 1268 viewsGloryHunter

Post Office Horizon IT Inquiry Live Stream.
On YouTube now, if anyone's interested.

Currently grilling a Post Office lawyer on why they delayed disclosing documents to the inquiry.
Post office / Horizon show on 11:33 - Jan 12 with 1220 viewsBklynRanger

Watched it over the last couple of night and was struck by the effort that went into the coordination of the cover up. All that IT input to try to keep the thing running when they knew it was broken. Also the messaging that they decided on which basically gaslighted and isolated the poor individual postmaster. Most people working on that support line must surely have known that telling a flummoxed caller "you're the only one" was a very cruel lie.

So much effort that could have been instead put into some kind of acknowledgement and honest attempt at a workaround, but certain reputations and senior careers would have been risked. Dreadful.
Post office / Horizon show on 11:39 - Jan 12 with 1201 viewsJuzzie

I haven't seen the documentary but it just makes my blood boil from everything I've read. The Post Office is such a massive, long standing, institution that's provides a great and invaluable service staffed by very hard working people and you get these greedy cnts in corporations, governments etc who just absolutely take the fkin piss and treat those same hard working people like schit while they cream off everything and then try and persecute innocent people.

They bloody knew what they were doing. Yes, at some point do they not go 'hang on' when thousands of people are seemingly stealing but I am in no doubt they weren't interested in anything else than deflecting the issue and passing the buck elsewhere.

I really do hope there is a massive backlash on this. Something just has got to happen to stop these rotten cnts.
Post office / Horizon show on 12:39 - Jan 12 with 1117 viewsTheChef

Post office / Horizon show on 01:04 - Jan 12 by Bedford_R

HIGNFY clip from a few years back on twitter. Private Eye had been banging on about it for years.

Love the covid perspex partition between the guests - because of course that would have made all the difference

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Post office / Horizon show on 12:55 - Jan 12 with 1102 viewsSnipper

While watching the brilliant 4 part, Mr Bates vs The Post Office, I said to the missus that if the Post Office had really thought that the Sub Postmasters/mistresses were stealing, there was not a snowball in hells chance that they'd have dropped the theft charges for false accounting charges.

Stealing from the Post Office is stealing from The Crown.

That alone should tell you that they knew the system was not working properly.

They knowingly allowed innocent people to plead guilty to lesser charges, and ruined hundreds/thousands of lives in the process.
They have blood on their hands owing to the suicides brought on by these liars.

Top management from both the Post Office and Fujitsu need to be in prison. Those bástards knew what the real story was, yet they ruined all those lives.
Post office / Horizon show on 13:10 - Jan 12 with 1052 viewsNorthernr

Post office / Horizon show on 12:39 - Jan 12 by TheChef

Love the covid perspex partition between the guests - because of course that would have made all the difference

Great times.

I remember sitting in an Indian restaurant where every table was separated by perspex screens on three sides. Watching the waiters try to get to you from the kitchen was like watching a round on the Crystal Maze.
Post office / Horizon show on 13:34 - Jan 12 with 1005 viewsGloryHunter

Post office / Horizon show on 11:39 - Jan 12 by Juzzie

I haven't seen the documentary but it just makes my blood boil from everything I've read. The Post Office is such a massive, long standing, institution that's provides a great and invaluable service staffed by very hard working people and you get these greedy cnts in corporations, governments etc who just absolutely take the fkin piss and treat those same hard working people like schit while they cream off everything and then try and persecute innocent people.

They bloody knew what they were doing. Yes, at some point do they not go 'hang on' when thousands of people are seemingly stealing but I am in no doubt they weren't interested in anything else than deflecting the issue and passing the buck elsewhere.

I really do hope there is a massive backlash on this. Something just has got to happen to stop these rotten cnts.

a great and invaluable service staffed by very hard working people

Yes, and those hardworking people have always been under pressure to make bigger profits for Post Office Ltd. I'm friendly with our local postmaster, and he has been told to offer foreign exchange to all his customers at peak holiday times - it's a big thing in the branch, with posters etc. But the exchange rates the Post Office provides are absolutely derisory compared to the rates anyone can get by shopping around. Not quite as bad as airport rates, but not far off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024