Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to cash in on some players 12:07 - Jan 7 with 4863 viewsQPRConor2000

I personally feel like if we want to at least give Marti some funds to work with, then we seriously need to look at selling some players.

I personally think selling Field and Willock would be my two id sell.

I think in the current market we could get £2m combined, at least, then we would have space then to get maybe 2 or 3 decent loans till the end of the season.

We are at that stage now where we do need to start considering some sales to at least give Marti some funds.

[Post edited 7 Jan 12:10]
Time to cash in on some players on 12:28 - Jan 7 with 3536 viewsJimthehip

I think willock we would only get maybe his wages paid in a transfer?

I dobthink we would really miss field. Sam doesn't have abilities moving forward but I think his defensive work is first class.

I'm hoping eze is sold!
Time to cash in on some players on 12:33 - Jan 7 with 3514 viewsNed_Kennedys

We really can’t ‘cash in’ on any of these players: you make it sound like we’ve been refusing to sell our ‘best’ ones for some reason where the reality is that they are either in terrible form or just terrible full stop and there will have been no interest in them from other clubs.

The only hope is selling Chair but the January market seems dead at the moment and surely if we had a sale lined up it would have happened by now. Field has a minimal value even if there was interest and Willock has no value as he is out of contract in a few months.
Time to cash in on some players on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 3501 viewsBklynRanger

Think the one player we have worth something atm is Chair.

He's been key for us, but things need a radical overhaul, so if we got a decent offer for him I'd sell.
Time to cash in on some players on 12:43 - Jan 7 with 3475 viewslassel

Nobody is giving us money for our players. As north has correctly said many times, other teams have eyes and ears, Critchley openly said it, everyone knows qpr are soft as shite and the merest inconvenience will see them implode.

Championship clubs collectively don’t have any money which is why the market for £1m-£5m players died out. Any club that does have money to spend isn’t going to blow it on Willock who they know they can get in a few months for nothing.

The only player we ‘might’ be able to get cash for is Chair, but even then the offer will likely be well below the Football Manager numbers people imagine.

That said, yes I have been saying a few weeks now that we should try and get anyone and everyone gone now that we can, accept we are finishing bottom regardless of who we could sign in January and keep that income for future seasons.
Time to cash in on some players on 12:58 - Jan 7 with 3414 viewsGaryBannister86

Time to cash in on some players on 12:43 - Jan 7 by lassel

Nobody is giving us money for our players. As north has correctly said many times, other teams have eyes and ears, Critchley openly said it, everyone knows qpr are soft as shite and the merest inconvenience will see them implode.

Championship clubs collectively don’t have any money which is why the market for £1m-£5m players died out. Any club that does have money to spend isn’t going to blow it on Willock who they know they can get in a few months for nothing.

The only player we ‘might’ be able to get cash for is Chair, but even then the offer will likely be well below the Football Manager numbers people imagine.

That said, yes I have been saying a few weeks now that we should try and get anyone and everyone gone now that we can, accept we are finishing bottom regardless of who we could sign in January and keep that income for future seasons.

"accept we are finishing bottom"

I don't get this. I know Marti has his hands full, but it isn't that dark yet. It's possible that we could be out the relegation zone in two weeks' time, with two home games.

It's too important not to throw in the towel just yet.

Cook (in my mind, the most important cog) hopefully back soon.

Chair & Willock can only improve the side.

Armstrong may kick on from that first half.

I still have hope. Small hope, but hope.
Time to cash in on some players on 12:58 - Jan 7 with 3412 viewsterryb

As no other club is showing any interest in any of our players it will be quite difficult to cash in on any of them!
Time to cash in on some players on 12:59 - Jan 7 with 3407 viewsQPunkR

The Catch-22 is that even if we sell anyone for whatever pennies we could get for them, what are the chances we'd be able to both replace them and actually improve the team?

QPR - "shit but local"

Time to cash in on some players on 13:07 - Jan 7 with 3369 viewslassel

Time to cash in on some players on 12:58 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

I don't get this. I know Marti has his hands full, but it isn't that dark yet. It's possible that we could be out the relegation zone in two weeks' time, with two home games.

Qpr have won 18 games out of a possible 72 in the past 18 months. The same group of players now needs to win at least 9 of the next 20 to survive.

I know people understandably don’t want to just give up in January but equally to believe that this group of players is just going to suddenly ‘click’ after 18 months and go on playoffs form to keep us up is certifiably insane.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to cash in on some players on 13:08 - Jan 7 with 3361 viewstraininvain

As far as ideas go, selling Chair in January is up there with appointing Ainsworth and giving him the summer to rebuild the squad and first few months of the season.

Given our owners’ track record, I fully expect this to happen and if it does we’ll finish rock bottom.
Time to cash in on some players on 13:15 - Jan 7 with 3313 viewsGaryBannister86

Time to cash in on some players on 13:07 - Jan 7 by lassel

Qpr have won 18 games out of a possible 72 in the past 18 months. The same group of players now needs to win at least 9 of the next 20 to survive.

I know people understandably don’t want to just give up in January but equally to believe that this group of players is just going to suddenly ‘click’ after 18 months and go on playoffs form to keep us up is certifiably insane.

yeah, sure, obviously it is going to be a big ask. But we can't "accept" it can we? If we do, we really have zero chance
Time to cash in on some players on 13:18 - Jan 7 with 3292 viewsmart_Goblin

Time to cash in on some players on 13:07 - Jan 7 by lassel

I won’t give up hope that we can gain some form but people need to be real , this lot will take us down. Not all their fault, the people who assembled this squad are to blame and they are not here.

Already looking forward to next Sunday. I can’t help it but do I think we will win? Very hard at the moment but I do still have hope we can do it. Reality is it’s going to be very tough .

As for the original post I think this is all a bit ‘pie in the sky’. I don’t meant that in an offensive way, I just think there isn’t much to discuss.
No one wants our players, our players aren’t worth anything and MC has already heavily hinted that there is no money to spend and he has what he has. Hence one of the reasons for chopping and changing. He needs them all fit
Which leads us to another point.
GA said bringing the ‘fitness guru’ in would stop all the injuries .

Look at us now ? 7 or 8 injured or struggling . With that many down this squad had no chance.
I just feel like we are fed lie after lie .

Sorry went off on one
Time to cash in on some players on 13:24 - Jan 7 with 3251 viewsBklynRanger

Time to cash in on some players on 13:08 - Jan 7 by traininvain

As far as ideas go, selling Chair in January is up there with appointing Ainsworth and giving him the summer to rebuild the squad and first few months of the season.

Given our owners’ track record, I fully expect this to happen and if it does we’ll finish rock bottom.

As things stand we're very likely to go down anyway - bottom or not.

Something desperately needs to change with the personnel in this squad, so 'IF' we got a decent offer (and I know it's January, people can see our form etc) I really think our only chance is to take it and allow Marti to make 2, 3 or 4 changes, whatever is possible.

Or we can watch Illy carry us for the rest of the season but it won't change the outcome.
Time to cash in on some players on 13:31 - Jan 7 with 3216 viewsted_hendrix

Time to cash in on some players on 12:35 - Jan 7 by BklynRanger

Think the one player we have worth something atm is Chair.

He's been key for us, but things need a radical overhaul, so if we got a decent offer for him I'd sell.

If Chair were to suffer an ACL injury It would be a bloody disaster for our club In our current predicament, I'm clinging on In the vain belief that chair is vital to our survival In this league, Chair alone cannot keep us in this league of course not but were he to leave by the end of January then well, were f ucked.
As for the other players In our so called squad I honestly can't think of one of them that would be a benefit to other clubs; Ipso facto we are stuck with them.

I actually think that Field has regressed somewhat, don't know what other people think?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Time to cash in on some players on 13:35 - Jan 7 with 3198 viewstraininvain

Time to cash in on some players on 13:24 - Jan 7 by BklynRanger

As things stand we're very likely to go down anyway - bottom or not.

Something desperately needs to change with the personnel in this squad, so 'IF' we got a decent offer (and I know it's January, people can see our form etc) I really think our only chance is to take it and allow Marti to make 2, 3 or 4 changes, whatever is possible.

Or we can watch Illy carry us for the rest of the season but it won't change the outcome.

Ok let’s say hypothetically that we can get circa £3/4m for Chair, how likely are we to adequately replace him with that money (assuming we can spend it all which seems unlikely given ffp) let alone have any budget left for other signings?

He’s our most saleable asset for a reason because he’s our most important player and signing players in January is notoriously difficult. And does anyone actually trust the club to properly replace him if he’s sold. The last big signing the club made was Taylor Richards ffs.

I’d genuinely prefer that we don’t sign anyone this month than sell Chair and gamble the money on short term signings/loanees that’ll probably make the Trevor Sinclair to West Ham deal look like good business.
Time to cash in on some players on 13:37 - Jan 7 with 3181 viewsjohnhoop

So if we sell Chair and anyone else remotely half decent and just accept that we’re going down what on earth will be the point of using your season ticket to watch the ensuing sh-tshow for the dozen or so games that it’ll have left on it,
Time to cash in on some players on 13:47 - Jan 7 with 3137 viewsBklynRanger

Time to cash in on some players on 13:35 - Jan 7 by traininvain

Ok let’s say hypothetically that we can get circa £3/4m for Chair, how likely are we to adequately replace him with that money (assuming we can spend it all which seems unlikely given ffp) let alone have any budget left for other signings?

He’s our most saleable asset for a reason because he’s our most important player and signing players in January is notoriously difficult. And does anyone actually trust the club to properly replace him if he’s sold. The last big signing the club made was Taylor Richards ffs.

I’d genuinely prefer that we don’t sign anyone this month than sell Chair and gamble the money on short term signings/loanees that’ll probably make the Trevor Sinclair to West Ham deal look like good business.

My point isn't to try to adequately replace Chair, the squad needs a change away from reliance on that position, that player. I think we currently have a manager who can help make that happen.

And no, I wouldn't trust the club with the money, would rather trust Marti with it as I already said. I know that's not the model, but the model currently seems to be Hoos.

Saying that, I do accept there is more than one 'IF' attached to what I'm saying - so if we don't get a decent offer, or if there are no options to make positive changes to the squad then fair enough. But determinedly holding on to Chair as our only salvation isn't imho, going to work.
Time to cash in on some players on 13:53 - Jan 7 with 3095 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Think we saw against Cardiff what life will look like without Chair. For all the frustration on occasions when he holds on to the ball too long, can you really blame him? Often reminds me of a kid playing down the park with a load of useless players, so has to try and do everything on his own.
Time to cash in on some players on 13:54 - Jan 7 with 3092 viewslassel

Time to cash in on some players on 13:37 - Jan 7 by johnhoop

So if we sell Chair and anyone else remotely half decent and just accept that we’re going down what on earth will be the point of using your season ticket to watch the ensuing sh-tshow for the dozen or so games that it’ll have left on it,

Same value in either scenario.

Keep the ‘squad’ together, go and watch 7/8 defeats at LR with the same losers on the pitch.

Sell Chair and sack off those leaving in the summer, go and watch 7/8 defeats at LR with some of the EDS lot thrown in to see if they have anything about them.

Neither is a particularly enticing prospect.
Time to cash in on some players on 13:55 - Jan 7 with 3079 viewstraininvain

Time to cash in on some players on 13:47 - Jan 7 by BklynRanger

My point isn't to try to adequately replace Chair, the squad needs a change away from reliance on that position, that player. I think we currently have a manager who can help make that happen.

And no, I wouldn't trust the club with the money, would rather trust Marti with it as I already said. I know that's not the model, but the model currently seems to be Hoos.

Saying that, I do accept there is more than one 'IF' attached to what I'm saying - so if we don't get a decent offer, or if there are no options to make positive changes to the squad then fair enough. But determinedly holding on to Chair as our only salvation isn't imho, going to work.

Fair enough but ultimately whichever way we frame it Chair’s contribution to the team will need to be replaced if he’s sold. Whether that’s a like for like replacement or a few signings in key positions.

The question is whether this can be done with the budget from any sale.
[Post edited 7 Jan 13:57]
Time to cash in on some players on 15:24 - Jan 7 with 2824 viewsstainrods_elbow

Time to cash in on some players on 12:58 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

This! (And always best to be in the minority/on the edges, rather than siding with the smugly/loudly despairing majority.)

I think our staying up is touch and go at best, but it's certainly far from unreachable.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Time to cash in on some players on 16:20 - Jan 7 with 2708 viewsNed_Kennedys

Time to cash in on some players on 13:54 - Jan 7 by lassel

Same value in either scenario.

Keep the ‘squad’ together, go and watch 7/8 defeats at LR with the same losers on the pitch.

Sell Chair and sack off those leaving in the summer, go and watch 7/8 defeats at LR with some of the EDS lot thrown in to see if they have anything about them.

Neither is a particularly enticing prospect.

Well you obviously only sell Chair this month IF Cifuentes is given the funds to bring in 3-4 other players to strengthen the squad.
If we get relegated then Chair will go in the summer in a cut price deal anyway.
Time to cash in on some players on 16:27 - Jan 7 with 2675 viewsdm97

The Horse hasn’t just bolted the horse is halfway round the world by now. All the players in this thread should have been sold 12-18 months ago. We let Beale dictate transfer policy before even being our manager - absolutely f’in barmy activity for a professional, modern football club, but not without history here (cough Mark “I’ll do the interview thanks” Hughes). This at a time when Chair, Willock, Dieng and Dickie were prime meat for slaughter. But no, like a 17 year old in love for the first time we said yes to everything he wanted and then capitulated when he left, losing all value in those players as their form and mentality fell off a cliff. Now the meat is spoiled.

In 2024, after everything that has happened these players are worth jack s***. People in football are not blind nor are they deaf. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

You might, just might, push £4m for Chair if Leeds get desperate. That being said if you’re looking from the outside what do you buy Chair for in the last 18 months? Being the best of a bad (read sh***) bunch? Not for me mate.

Willock is worth nothing. Field / Paal maybe a mid to high six figure fee at best. Nobody else gets a transfer fee paid for them, nobody. Come what may, i suspect we see a lot of these players dropping at least one division (probably with us initially and then let go) in the summer.

A serious ownership rolls all the heads involved in the last two years and redoes the football department top-to-bottom. These are not and never have been serious owners. Nothing will change until that does.

L1 is inevitable and it feels like it has been since spring, with a brief winter interlude in early December where these boys decided to give a F for a couple weeks.
Time to cash in on some players on 16:46 - Jan 7 with 2612 viewsdavman

Cracks me up that some seriously think we'll get any coin for Willock. He'll know EXACTLY where he is going and they will not offer anything for him as they know he'll be coming for nothing for the start of next season.

Be prepared for him to go into self preservation mode in March if not before so as not to scupper his latest move.

Face it, unless the club has to take a joke offer for Chair no-one will be moving for any kind of sum this window; I mean who'd want any of this bunch of losers?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Time to cash in on some players on 17:17 - Jan 7 with 2520 viewslassel

Time to cash in on some players on 16:20 - Jan 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Well you obviously only sell Chair this month IF Cifuentes is given the funds to bring in 3-4 other players to strengthen the squad.
If we get relegated then Chair will go in the summer in a cut price deal anyway.

Marti isn’t going to have any say on transfers over and above telling Belk what he needs. He’s the head coach only.
Time to cash in on some players on 17:44 - Jan 7 with 2432 viewsWestonsuperR

We won’t get anything for Willock at this stage of his contract. Even if we did get an offer Willock would refuse knowing that he can go for free with a nice sign on bonus in a few months.
[Post edited 7 Jan 17:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024