Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points deduction rumour... 18:58 - Jan 9 with 13092 viewsJames_Paddocks

The latest nightmare rumour doing the rounds tonight...

Points deduction rumour... on 14:29 - Jan 10 with 2260 viewsNorthernr

Points deduction rumour... on 14:27 - Jan 10 by robith

"Very, very concerning" paired with screengrabs of a forum.

Footballs fans are absolute mugs aren't they

It's the bit of football fandom I've never really got. Usually it manifests in transfer rumours but people are just absolutely desperate to hear them, even if they know it's probably not true, and even if the source is terrible.
Points deduction rumour... on 14:35 - Jan 10 with 2211 viewsQPunkR

Points deduction rumour... on 14:29 - Jan 10 by Northernr

It's the bit of football fandom I've never really got. Usually it manifests in transfer rumours but people are just absolutely desperate to hear them, even if they know it's probably not true, and even if the source is terrible.

Even if the source can't string together a sentence, by the looks of it

QPR - "shit but local"

Points deduction rumour... on 16:00 - Jan 10 with 1907 viewsslmrstid

Generally people who have nothing else going on in their life other than obsessing about their team all day every day. In some respects if all I had to worry about was whatever nonsense QPR were up to life would be a fair bit easier!
Points deduction rumour... on 23:14 - Jan 10 with 1453 viewsdavman

Points deduction rumour... on 10:15 - Jan 10 by terryb

Yes Clive, we do need to lodge a statement of expectation for 2023/24 accounts with the EFL, but no action could be taken until after this has been lodged & the accounts for 2022/23 have been submitted. Neither are that imminent.

I'm sure he won't mind me quoting him, but SimonD quoted the following on our WhatsApp group:-

"Our accounts for last season haven't been published yet. February would be normal for us & they have to be with the EFL by March 1st.

Our Future Financial Information (projections for this season) don't have to be lodged with the EFL until the end of March (although the EFL are looking to move that forwards).

If we are going to breach, they would not be publishing either earlier than necessary."

In other words, no action could be taken against the club until April at the earliest if we have breached & that would probably be too late for application in this season.

Of course, if we are due a points deduction, it would be preferable for it to be applied this season!
[Post edited 10 Jan 10:35]

...which illustrates just how much of a steaming turd FFP is.

These timescales mean that punishments will always be delayed and make the football authorities to look even more incompetent that they already look. If the declaration comes in by April, they need to make it clear that investigations will conclude by August of that year and any penalties imposed at the start of the next season.

...which leads to all sorts of arguments within the members when a team "cheats" and stays up at the expense of those little angels who claim to be working within the rules.

....and then, when you get a team whose owners have gambled, the prospects of the club getting out of the mire are shot to pieces as no-one can buy the club, re-set the accounts and go again.

...and they are up against teams dropping down a league with budgets > £100m more than theirs. Hardly competitive is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Points deduction rumour... on 23:28 - Jan 10 with 1399 viewsSydneyRs

"the source" got arsey with me on twitter for calling him out for posting this nonsense.

He was all "I did say it might not be true in the tweet" etc. Why is he tweeting unsubstantiated nonsense from WATRB of all places, which has to be one of the biggest BS sites in football? Because he's an attention seeking turd, that's why.
Points deduction rumour... on 23:57 - Jan 10 with 1335 viewsnumptydumpty

Points deduction rumour... on 23:28 - Jan 10 by SydneyRs

"the source" got arsey with me on twitter for calling him out for posting this nonsense.

He was all "I did say it might not be true in the tweet" etc. Why is he tweeting unsubstantiated nonsense from WATRB of all places, which has to be one of the biggest BS sites in football? Because he's an attention seeking turd, that's why.

I guess then if we stop chatting about his nonsense he wont get the glory he clearly absolutely doesn't deserve at all.

Load of old tosh !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Points deduction rumour... on 07:04 - Jan 11 with 1142 viewsNorthernr

Points deduction rumour... on 23:28 - Jan 10 by SydneyRs

That's the internet for you - who cares if it's true as long as it's getting clicks. Basically The Sun, Mail and Reach PLC's entire business models.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024