Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points deduction rumour... 18:58 - Jan 9 with 13099 viewsJames_Paddocks

The latest nightmare rumour doing the rounds tonight...

Points deduction rumour... on 22:08 - Jan 9 with 3372 viewsslmrstid

No football club anywhere in the world needs to be making a statement every time some half baked nonsense is posted on the internet for everyone with too much time on their hands to natter on about.

If we actually got a points deduction this year, the season would be finished, I think everyone knows that.

But people like to pretend they feel important by posting unsubstantiated bollocks. Go outside lads, go for a run or get a coffee or something.
Points deduction rumour... on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 3335 viewsvanrrrr

If we are over this season, would it not be reported in the next set of accounts( 2025) and we would get any penalty next year...?

points deduction next year would be bad.....watched Wigan yesterday vs Manure...doubt we beat them.
Points deduction rumour... on 22:19 - Jan 9 with 3222 viewsstainrods_elbow

Points deduction rumour... on 20:53 - Jan 9 by lassel

A statement about what?

Couldn't they at least make a statement about why they're apparently unable to make statements (about anything)?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Points deduction rumour... on 22:23 - Jan 9 with 3224 viewsPeterHucker

Points deduction rumour... on 22:19 - Jan 9 by stainrods_elbow

Couldn't they at least make a statement about why they're apparently unable to make statements (about anything)?

I think they should make a statement explaining why there's been no statement on why they're apparently unable to make statements (about anything)
Points deduction rumour... on 22:37 - Jan 9 with 3132 viewsAntti_Heinola

Points deduction rumour... on 20:47 - Jan 9 by connell10

Something is going on mate , I've never known such deafing silence from our board .

what exactly should the board be talking about?

Bare bones.

Points deduction rumour... on 22:53 - Jan 9 with 3015 viewsmart_Goblin

Points deduction rumour... on 22:37 - Jan 9 by Antti_Heinola

what exactly should the board be talking about?

DOF? New CEO? Finances? Culpability? Plan of action…for anything?

I agree they shouldn’t be replying to every bellend who spouts unsubstantiated nonsense on social media .

But the silence overall over the last 3 or 4 months has been deafening .
[Post edited 9 Jan 22:54]
Points deduction rumour... on 22:58 - Jan 9 with 2977 viewsconnell10

Points deduction rumour... on 22:53 - Jan 9 by mart_Goblin

I agree they shouldn’t be replying to every bellend who spouts unsubstantiated nonsense on social media .

Nail on head .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Points deduction rumour... on 23:14 - Jan 9 with 2889 viewsted_hendrix

I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs.

Andy Warhol

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Points deduction rumour... on 23:36 - Jan 9 with 2807 viewsjeffranger

Nothing on sports stations or papers about it & would be the first for a headline like that, BS
Points deduction rumour... on 09:24 - Jan 10 with 2260 viewsTheChef

Points deduction rumour... on 22:23 - Jan 9 by PeterHucker

I think they should make a statement explaining why there's been no statement on why they're apparently unable to make statements (about anything)

BANG ON.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Points deduction rumour... on 09:37 - Jan 10 with 2220 viewsAntti_Heinola

Points deduction rumour... on 22:53 - Jan 9 by mart_Goblin

What sort of statement would that be?

- We are still hunting / are not yet looking for a DoF
- Hoos is the CEO for now (we know that)
- Why on earth would they issue a statement about the finances?
- What exactly would you expect them to say about culpability? They got rid of the manager and the chairman and the technical director and the DoF! Seems like a lot of culpability has happened to me.
- Plan of Action is to stay in the bloody league.

Bare bones.

Points deduction rumour... on 09:49 - Jan 10 with 2159 viewsmart_Goblin

Points deduction rumour... on 09:37 - Jan 10 by Antti_Heinola

What sort of statement would that be?

- We are still hunting / are not yet looking for a DoF
- Hoos is the CEO for now (we know that)
- Why on earth would they issue a statement about the finances?
- What exactly would you expect them to say about culpability? They got rid of the manager and the chairman and the technical director and the DoF! Seems like a lot of culpability has happened to me.
- Plan of Action is to stay in the bloody league.

Obviously then they are doing a smashing job in your eyes. At least you feel happy and content with what you are recieving from your football club and I’m envious indeed .
But as fans and customers we deserve more in the way of communication especially regarding DoF which you answered in your otherwise sarcastic and patronising post .

Maybe the thousands of fans who fork out huge amounts of money on away travel and more relevantly shortly , season tickets , might want to know some of the answers to these questions before they part with a great deal of money once again for nothing but pain and misery in return ,
[Post edited 10 Jan 9:54]
Points deduction rumour... on 10:02 - Jan 10 with 2069 viewsEastR

We are verging on being a complete basket case. From top to bottom things are not right, and haven’t been right, for a long time at the club. Whatever, or whomever, you think is culpable for that the evidence is there. We’re in the bottom two in the league in serious danger of being relegated, our finances are shot to pieces, and we have a disjointed and dysfunctional squad that is very unlikely to be able to improve nor likely to play themselves out the hole we’re currently in.

The only positive is that it appears we have a credible manager, but we’re even in danger of undoing that too.

No organisation can have one person pulling all the strings – Chairman, CEO DOF – all now concentrated in one pair of hands.
This club needs a plan, a clear direction and as supporters its not unreasonable to expect some form of communication (not the dirty laundry) as to what that plan is. The silence currently is deafening.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Points deduction rumour... on 10:04 - Jan 10 with 2054 viewsQPR_John

Why do people need to be told the fine by the FL would not count for FFP purposes a rule brought in by the FL. Could you imagine it. We fine you £x for exceeding FFP rules but hold on you have now exceeded FFP rules by £(x + the fine) which is greater than £x so we will fine you a bit more etc etc etc.
Points deduction rumour... on 10:15 - Jan 10 with 1976 viewsterryb

Points deduction rumour... on 20:21 - Jan 9 by Northernr

This is right.

The FFP fine was £17m with an up front payment and then basically £10m paid over ten years of which we've got half left. So £1m a season. At the last set of accounts we were paying out £2m a month in wages, so why would you continue to meet payroll of £2m a month but say 'nah we're not paying the £90k a month fine any more'?

If they did this, you'd also be looking at way more than just ten points now and let's forget about it. That would be us reneging on the deal, they'd bury us.

So that's the good news. It feels... rather unlikely.

An accountant speaks…

The bad news is, as I've been saying for 18 months, we are clearly very close to the FFP line, if not beyond it, and have spent the last 3 months sponsoring everything and laying high earners off which, while people have clung onto the idea it's to free up budget for January has often looked like we're trying to scramble back below the line. This is exactly the time of year you would start to face charges, points deductions etc because it's accounts season - and you have to give the EFL a sort of advance preview.

So, right time of year, and something like this has been coming, but the reason being given is probably nonsense.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes Clive, we do need to lodge a statement of expectation for 2023/24 accounts with the EFL, but no action could be taken until after this has been lodged & the accounts for 2022/23 have been submitted. Neither are that imminent.

I'm sure he won't mind me quoting him, but SimonD quoted the following on our WhatsApp group:-

"Our accounts for last season haven't been published yet. February would be normal for us & they have to be with the EFL by March 1st.

Our Future Financial Information (projections for this season) don't have to be lodged with the EFL until the end of March (although the EFL are looking to move that forwards).

If we are going to breach, they would not be publishing either earlier than necessary."

In other words, no action could be taken against the club until April at the earliest if we have breached & that would probably be too late for application in this season.

Of course, if we are due a points deduction, it would be preferable for it to be applied this season!
[Post edited 10 Jan 10:35]
Points deduction rumour... on 10:21 - Jan 10 with 1947 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lee Hoos statement coming out later today.

He just needs to finish sweeping the paddocks and sending out the last few Watford tickets.
Points deduction rumour... on 10:21 - Jan 10 with 1947 viewsDannyPaddox

Points deduction rumour... on 22:23 - Jan 9 by PeterHucker

The club making no statement is in fact a statement. It says loud and clear, we are not making a statement … but we might tomorrow.
Points deduction rumour... on 10:37 - Jan 10 with 1822 viewsAntti_Heinola

Points deduction rumour... on 09:49 - Jan 10 by mart_Goblin

Obviously then they are doing a smashing job in your eyes. At least you feel happy and content with what you are recieving from your football club and I’m envious indeed .
But as fans and customers we deserve more in the way of communication especially regarding DoF which you answered in your otherwise sarcastic and patronising post .

Maybe the thousands of fans who fork out huge amounts of money on away travel and more relevantly shortly , season tickets , might want to know some of the answers to these questions before they part with a great deal of money once again for nothing but pain and misery in return ,
[Post edited 10 Jan 9:54]

No, no, no!
That's not what I'm saying AT ALL!
They're doing a horrendous job - that's obvious.
I also agree that we're overdue a forum and Hoos should be speaking to fans more.
What I don't agree with is stuff about the Board making 'statements' - I don't understand what that will do, what purpose it serves, or what exactly they would tell us that we either don't already know or, for valid reasons, they don't want in the public domain.

Bare bones.

Points deduction rumour... on 10:40 - Jan 10 with 1795 viewsstevec

As frustrating as it is, the club would be mad to announce imminent bad news this early when points deduction, if applicable, won’t come about until near the end of the season. Make stuff like that common knowledge now and the players will completely zone out.

Look at Reading, once the points deductions kicked in last season they barely picked up a point thereafter.

The club will have been aware of the FFP situation a week after the accounts end (June 2023 I think) unless their accountants are completely stupid. They’ll know where we are now, they’ll also be battening down the hatches now to try and avoid points deductions next season.

They want out and as long as points deductions are hanging around in the ether no buyer in their right mind would even think of naming a price.
Points deduction rumour... on 10:53 - Jan 10 with 1689 viewsmart_Goblin

Points deduction rumour... on 10:37 - Jan 10 by Antti_Heinola

No, no, no!
That's not what I'm saying AT ALL!
They're doing a horrendous job - that's obvious.
I also agree that we're overdue a forum and Hoos should be speaking to fans more.
What I don't agree with is stuff about the Board making 'statements' - I don't understand what that will do, what purpose it serves, or what exactly they would tell us that we either don't already know or, for valid reasons, they don't want in the public domain.

In days gone by and up to quite recently I would have agreed with you.

We are in such terrible mess right now that any contact with fans would be a good one .
Tell us what’s happening with the DOF role. If they have decided that it won’t be filled then let us know . Of course that leads to more questions, like what about the firm hired to find the DOF, how much did that cost us ? Etc etc

But they should front up about things like this and even if they hold their hands up and say we got such and such wrong in the process, I think the fans would by and large forgive .

But there is so much cloak and dagger stuff going at the club it’s ridiculous.
Even the ‘everyday’ staff have noticed .
It’s not healthy at all .
Points deduction rumour... on 11:09 - Jan 10 with 1560 viewsmart_Goblin

Points deduction rumour... on 10:40 - Jan 10 by stevec

As frustrating as it is, the club would be mad to announce imminent bad news this early when points deduction, if applicable, won’t come about until near the end of the season. Make stuff like that common knowledge now and the players will completely zone out.

Look at Reading, once the points deductions kicked in last season they barely picked up a point thereafter.

The club will have been aware of the FFP situation a week after the accounts end (June 2023 I think) unless their accountants are completely stupid. They’ll know where we are now, they’ll also be battening down the hatches now to try and avoid points deductions next season.

They want out and as long as points deductions are hanging around in the ether no buyer in their right mind would even think of naming a price.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be bad news.

As Clive mentioned previously, could be just an appearance on a podcast or a fans forum or ‘we are doing our best to get this right and we fully believe in MC’ etc etc because I think even he feels a bit ‘cut off’ at the moment.
Points deduction rumour... on 11:13 - Jan 10 with 1531 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Points deduction rumour... on 10:21 - Jan 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

He just needs to finish sweeping the paddocks and sending out the last few Watford tickets.

Gotta give the toilets a spruce up n'all
Points deduction rumour... on 11:15 - Jan 10 with 1510 viewsLazyFan

They are looking to sell I would say, large investors are circling, looking for cheap clubs. We will be cheap and in London, hard to get such a club. Our debt is half paid, the only problem is OpEx.

If you already own a raft of clubs in a group but not one in the UK, then we look quite appealing as you can solve the OpEx with a new stadium and transfer cheating by buying and selling between the group clubs, as we know.

We also have something many clubs do not have, Prem experience, meaning we are seen as once a Prem club as we were lucky to be there at the founding of the Prem and have been back since.

We all know its a lot harder than that, but that is what the sales pitch will be and compared to other clubs its slightly ahead.

zzzzzzzzzz

Points deduction rumour... on 11:16 - Jan 10 with 1515 viewsbosh67

Points deduction rumour... on 10:21 - Jan 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

It will be later in the evening as he's also got to burp a number of the younger players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Points deduction rumour... on 14:27 - Jan 10 with 1204 viewsrobith

"Very, very concerning" paired with screengrabs of a forum.

Footballs fans are absolute mugs aren't they
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024