Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points deduction rumour... 18:58 - Jan 9 with 12958 viewsJames_Paddocks

The latest nightmare rumour doing the rounds tonight...

Points deduction rumour... on 19:00 - Jan 9 with 7330 viewskingsburyR

Just saw this in last 20 mins.

Surely this is BS???

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Points deduction rumour... on 19:02 - Jan 9 with 7299 viewsaston_hoop

Points deduction rumour... on 19:00 - Jan 9 by kingsburyR

Surely this is BS???

Looks like it is thankfully. Another anonymous shit peddler coming up with the rumour.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Points deduction rumour... on 19:05 - Jan 9 with 7236 viewsLanhoop

There really are some massive R-soles out there who should be nowhere near any keyboard at all.
Points deduction rumour... on 19:06 - Jan 9 with 7217 viewsQPRConor2000

Yeah this is BS.

If we were in trouble with FFP we would already be under a soft transfer embargo, we also just cant be hit with a points deduction, the club would have to be charged first and the likelihood is the club would be referred to an independent commission who would decide the appropriate sanction.

Also the fine doesn't count towards FFP ether, so this rumour is rubbish.
Points deduction rumour... on 19:12 - Jan 9 with 7158 viewsdavman

I recognise that typeface - Fantasy Island is back!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Points deduction rumour... on 19:17 - Jan 9 with 7075 viewsLongsufferingR

Points deduction rumour... on 19:06 - Jan 9 by QPRConor2000

Yeah this is BS.

If we were in trouble with FFP we would already be under a soft transfer embargo, we also just cant be hit with a points deduction, the club would have to be charged first and the likelihood is the club would be referred to an independent commission who would decide the appropriate sanction.

Also the fine doesn't count towards FFP ether, so this rumour is rubbish.

Oh, you and your facts.
Points deduction rumour... on 19:21 - Jan 9 with 7028 viewsBoston

Load a bollox - it's a pints embargo. No beer until we're clear, of relegation.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Points deduction rumour... on 19:28 - Jan 9 with 6931 viewsRangersw12

Can't see it being true and seems to have started by this voice note that's doing the rounds
Login to get fewer ads

Points deduction rumour... on 19:31 - Jan 9 with 6886 viewskensalriser

It's in lieu of transfer rumours, because they're too unbelievable at present.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Points deduction rumour... on 19:37 - Jan 9 with 6822 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are these people QPR fans do we think or Brentford or something? Do other clubs have these anonymous online trolls?
Points deduction rumour... on 19:39 - Jan 9 with 6798 viewsBoston

Points deduction rumour... on 19:37 - Jan 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are these people QPR fans do we think or Brentford or something? Do other clubs have these anonymous online trolls?

Spotty faced adolescents.

We all were.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Points deduction rumour... on 19:42 - Jan 9 with 6757 viewsBostonR

Clive May correct me but I was of the understanding that the repayment of the fine doesn’t count towards the FFP numbers?
Points deduction rumour... on 19:44 - Jan 9 with 6733 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Points deduction rumour... on 19:39 - Jan 9 by Boston

Spotty faced adolescents.

We all were.

I dunno, Gianni’s lads will be in their 50s now.
Points deduction rumour... on 19:48 - Jan 9 with 6679 viewsQPRConor2000

Points deduction rumour... on 19:42 - Jan 9 by BostonR

Clive May correct me but I was of the understanding that the repayment of the fine doesn’t count towards the FFP numbers?

Yes its separate from FFP.
Points deduction rumour... on 20:03 - Jan 9 with 6512 viewsdmm

The FFP fine was £17m with payments spread over 10 years 2018-2027.

That rumour is total rubbish.
Points deduction rumour... on 20:14 - Jan 9 with 6406 viewsdaveB

it sounds like rubbish but who knows with this club
Points deduction rumour... on 20:21 - Jan 9 with 6307 viewsNorthernr

Points deduction rumour... on 20:03 - Jan 9 by dmm

The FFP fine was £17m with payments spread over 10 years 2018-2027.

That rumour is total rubbish.

This is right.

The FFP fine was £17m with an up front payment and then basically £10m paid over ten years of which we've got half left. So £1m a season. At the last set of accounts we were paying out £2m a month in wages, so why would you continue to meet payroll of £2m a month but say 'nah we're not paying the £90k a month fine any more'?

If they did this, you'd also be looking at way more than just ten points now and let's forget about it. That would be us reneging on the deal, they'd bury us.

So that's the good news. It feels... rather unlikely.

An accountant speaks…

The bad news is, as I've been saying for 18 months, we are clearly very close to the FFP line, if not beyond it, and have spent the last 3 months sponsoring everything and laying high earners off which, while people have clung onto the idea it's to free up budget for January has often looked like we're trying to scramble back below the line. This is exactly the time of year you would start to face charges, points deductions etc because it's accounts season - and you have to give the EFL a sort of advance preview.

So, right time of year, and something like this has been coming, but the reason being given is probably nonsense.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Points deduction rumour... on 20:31 - Jan 9 with 6187 viewsHastings_Hoops

Points deduction rumour... on 19:00 - Jan 9 by kingsburyR

Surely this is BS???

I take it with a pinch of salt given the tweeter hasn’t even bothered to check the difference between ‘too’ and ‘to’. Therefore it must be absolute tosh.
Points deduction rumour... on 20:38 - Jan 9 with 6105 viewsconnell10

So theory of the nuclear fall out shelter could be true

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Points deduction rumour... on 20:45 - Jan 9 with 6032 viewsRangersw12

Points deduction rumour... on 20:21 - Jan 9 by Northernr

This is right.

The FFP fine was £17m with an up front payment and then basically £10m paid over ten years of which we've got half left. So £1m a season. At the last set of accounts we were paying out £2m a month in wages, so why would you continue to meet payroll of £2m a month but say 'nah we're not paying the £90k a month fine any more'?

If they did this, you'd also be looking at way more than just ten points now and let's forget about it. That would be us reneging on the deal, they'd bury us.

An accountant speaks…

The bad news is, as I've been saying for 18 months, we are clearly very close to the FFP line, if not beyond it, and have spent the last 3 months sponsoring everything and laying high earners off which, while people have clung onto the idea it's to free up budget for January has often looked like we're trying to scramble back below the line. This is exactly the time of year you would start to face charges, points deductions etc because it's accounts season - and you have to give the EFL a sort of advance preview.

So, right time of year, and something like this has been coming, but the reason being given is probably nonsense.

Surely the club have to make some sort of statement
Points deduction rumour... on 20:47 - Jan 9 with 6004 viewsconnell10

Points deduction rumour... on 20:45 - Jan 9 by Rangersw12

Something is going on mate , I've never known such deafing silence from our board .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Points deduction rumour... on 20:53 - Jan 9 with 5922 viewslassel

A statement about what?
Points deduction rumour... on 20:55 - Jan 9 with 5898 viewsQPRConor2000

Points deduction rumour... on 20:21 - Jan 9 by Northernr

This is right.

An accountant speaks…

If you go on the EFLs embargo reporting service you will see that we are not listed.

If we were under any soft embargo, we would be listed.

https://www.efl.com/governance/embargoes/
Points deduction rumour... on 21:11 - Jan 9 with 5730 viewsNorthernr

To say the latest Twitter account pretending to have an imaginary friend at the training ground is wrong? You’d be making a lot of statements.
Points deduction rumour... on 21:24 - Jan 9 with 5583 viewsNorthernr

Points deduction rumour... on 20:55 - Jan 9 by QPRConor2000

If you go on the EFLs embargo reporting service you will see that we are not listed.

If we were under any soft embargo, we would be listed.

https://www.efl.com/governance/embargoes/

Fair, there are numerous levels of embargo and I thought the lower ones didn’t have to be publicly stated but as of the most recent Reading farce that has changed and it would be on there if it was a thing…

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/7/8/22564390/reading-fc-t
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024