Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 09:26 - Jan 21 with 3239 viewssilky

Now I'm super happy we've won and looked okay the last couple of games and in Marti we really have got someone I'd love to take us forward no matter what but....

I just don't trust this squad to get us over the line. How we are only 3 pts away from some form of safety is madness because we have been poor for years now.

Sorry for the party pooper thread. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 09:42 - Jan 21 with 3158 viewssystemsguy

After reading Clive's masterpiece yesterday, seems a pity we won...

2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 09:44 - Jan 21 with 3133 viewsPaddyhoops

Hope is all weโ€™ve got. One swallow doesnโ€™t make a summer but our last three games have seen an upturn in form.
We played well first half against Bournemouth and better finishing would have seen us beat Watford.
Iโ€™m not taking any for granted but weโ€™ve got a gem in Marti and that gives me a sliver of hope.
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 10:00 - Jan 21 with 3033 viewsBlue_Castello

Mmm interesting now I get where your coming from but a lot of the past has been about having the right manager in place and fortunately we have a good one in Marti, the reason Ipswich have played so well this season and are up the top is down to McKenna.

We obviously all think back to Ply muff and the Sheffield Wednesday games that we binned off when having the chance to win, we have been inconsistent for a long time but you have to give the Manager time to change the team spirit and build his own style of play. Lots of people recently saying the players are all rubbish and get rid of the lot of them, well as was seen yesterday that's just blatantly rubbish in itself, the performance yesterday was everybody giving their all for the cause and we produced a decent level of football to beat the Wall, they are not rubbish in spite of some people's comments.

I get the sentiment that you don't trust the squad but the players gave 100% yesterday and I'm sure Marti is working hard to keep that level going for the rest of the season, the fact that we have a weak squad doesn't help and injuries/bookings could be our downfall.
[Post edited 21 Jan 10:07]
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 2882 viewsstevec

Am I right in thinking the intended starting line up (Smyth/Willock) didnโ€™t include a single player whose contract is up at the end of this season?

Not sure about the dependable Field.
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 10:51 - Jan 21 with 2835 viewsPunteR

Its difficult to regain trust with this squad for sure. How many times have these players let us and themselves down over the last couple of years.? From hitting the heady heights of playoff places in two seasons to then throw it all away and now battle relegation, you get the feeling their heads are not actually in it.. (or their brains not in their head!).

I didn't see the game yesterday but to read Colback and Cook stepping up is a good sign that there's still something left in the tank and we're not just gonna roll over.

Marti C is the key though.
Already he's trying different things to get the best out of the team. Dropping Dykes back to a midfield role looks like a masterstroke. (from what i've read, obvs).
And Sinclair getting goals is only going to improve his confidence. Marti C is putting a lot of trust in him , and i think we can trust Marti C. Not that we have much choice in that department!
Can we trust this squad to get us over the line? Nah, i dont trust them at all, but im more than happy for them to prove me wrong..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 11:07 - Jan 21 with 2717 viewsdmm

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 10:39 - Jan 21 by stevec

Am I right in thinking the intended starting line up (Smyth/Willock) didnโ€™t include a single player whose contract is up at the end of this season?

Not sure about the dependable Field.

Begovic's contract is up this summer, as is Willock's who wasn't in the initial line up.

Field and Armstrong's contracts have club options for an extra year to 2025 which I'm sure will be activated.
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 11:25 - Jan 21 with 2648 viewsstainrods_elbow

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 09:42 - Jan 21 by systemsguy

After reading Clive's masterpiece yesterday, seems a pity we won...

That's the spirit - talk about putting the cart (our trifling opinions) before the horse (the, er, actual games). Or perhaps I'm discrediting you with irony?

While I agree that trust is a word we've put too much trust in with this lot, we need to hold them to yesterday's level of performance and a slew of decent results should follow.
[Post edited 21 Jan 11:26]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 16:53 - Jan 21 with 2347 viewsLblock

Yes you cannot trust this squad

More than that I wouldnโ€™t trust a single person who has been involved in assembling it.

Surely destined for the drop
God knows if weโ€™ll be able to chuck the lot of them in the sea and start again. I fear not.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 17:20 - Jan 21 with 2279 viewsslmrstid

Like I put on the match thread yesterday, I don't think we'll stay up and I'm approaching the rest of the season in that mindset. I don't expect the players to - they should be expecting to stay up and play accordingly. I'm just going for that protection from disappointment ;)

Even if we do go down, at the very least I hope to see some wins between now and May, make some of my journeys worthwhile!
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 17:41 - Jan 21 with 2202 viewsterryb

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 16:53 - Jan 21 by Lblock

Yes you cannot trust this squad

More than that I wouldnโ€™t trust a single person who has been involved in assembling it.

Surely destined for the drop
God knows if weโ€™ll be able to chuck the lot of them in the sea and start again. I fear not.

Lblock, I knew I could place my trust in you!

I'm expecting for us to be relegated, but I still have hope. I've read you predict this season after season & we've survived (sometimes easily), apart from last season. And look how close we came to it after you told us we had no problems. I will admit that we were near the top when you told us this!

Not many things are right in the world, but you have restored some stability!
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 17:55 - Jan 21 with 2158 viewsCateLeBonR

We need a striker.

We also need a midfielder but if Dykes continues in his current position then it's less important. We definitely need a striker if there's any hope of staying up.
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 18:27 - Jan 21 with 2097 viewsjtuck

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 10:00 - Jan 21 by Blue_Castello

Mmm interesting now I get where your coming from but a lot of the past has been about having the right manager in place and fortunately we have a good one in Marti, the reason Ipswich have played so well this season and are up the top is down to McKenna.

We obviously all think back to Ply muff and the Sheffield Wednesday games that we binned off when having the chance to win, we have been inconsistent for a long time but you have to give the Manager time to change the team spirit and build his own style of play. Lots of people recently saying the players are all rubbish and get rid of the lot of them, well as was seen yesterday that's just blatantly rubbish in itself, the performance yesterday was everybody giving their all for the cause and we produced a decent level of football to beat the Wall, they are not rubbish in spite of some people's comments.

I get the sentiment that you don't trust the squad but the players gave 100% yesterday and I'm sure Marti is working hard to keep that level going for the rest of the season, the fact that we have a weak squad doesn't help and injuries/bookings could be our downfall.
[Post edited 21 Jan 10:07]

Good post. And part of the reason we looked so bad early on was the eager high press by Millwall.

LAranger

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 21:10 - Jan 21 with 1950 viewsMick_S

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 18:27 - Jan 21 by jtuck

Good post. And part of the reason we looked so bad early on was the eager high press by Millwall.

Sinton called it on the commentary-they were pressing with three up top. It messed up the playing out from the back and was (partly) why Cannon struggled, amongst others. He got over it, not his best game, but I think heโ€™ll be ok.

When we worked that out and settled, itโ€™s nice to say that we were generally in control for most of the match.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 21:17 - Jan 21 with 1920 viewsQPsyR

I think you've100% hit the nail on the head, With this bunch unless we win on Saturday there is absolutely no chance we will stay up.

Massive Game

FKA AcidPixie

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 21:27 - Jan 21 with 1901 viewscolinallcars

I don't trust them one jot.
I sometimes think I've had more enjoyable defecating proctograms than watching this team.
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 22:06 - Jan 21 with 1863 viewsSmokey

Your comment about the "squad" is a fair one as there isn't much depth. But what gives us a great shout of staying up is the first 11.

With the exceptions of the three relegated teams our first 11 really is a decent side. It's just absolutely shot for confidence

If we can get on a run things and avoid injuries we can definitely do enough to stay up.

The epitome of how positive momentum can get going and feed from the pitch to the stands and back again is Ipswich. Have a look at their team then compare it man for man with our team who started Saturday. Are they really that much better? Because I don't see it

Plus we have a good manager now too. Let's try and stay positive and try and help the team get momentum going
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 08:59 - Jan 22 with 1668 viewsstainrods_elbow

'Trust is a word we have put too much trust in' - Adam Phillips.

I'll go a tad further. I don't trust anyone at QPR, anyone on this messageboard, and least of all yours truly. The lot of us are a bunch of liars, scapegoaters, dissimulators and hypocrites, though the worst are the virtue-signallers - they really can f*ck off into the deep sea. Some, however, are more enjoyably eloquent than others about it.

In short, as the Gnostics knew, this world is a circus of corruption. Or, as my Russian tattoo artist put it with delicious darkness, 'trust no one - not even yourself!'
[Post edited 22 Jan 9:02]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 10:26 - Jan 22 with 1538 viewsfrancisbowles

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 21:17 - Jan 21 by QPsyR

I think you've100% hit the nail on the head, With this bunch unless we win on Saturday there is absolutely no chance we will stay up.

Massive Game

We're doomed then!๐Ÿ˜‚

It's 1.30pm kick off non Sunday
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 13:42 - Jan 22 with 1411 viewsTheChef

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 10:26 - Jan 22 by francisbowles

We're doomed then!๐Ÿ˜‚

It's 1.30pm kick off non Sunday

That doesn't help either.

I'll be truly astounded if we follow up Millwall with another win.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 14:17 - Jan 22 with 1372 viewsLblock

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 17:41 - Jan 21 by terryb

Lblock, I knew I could place my trust in you!

I'm expecting for us to be relegated, but I still have hope. I've read you predict this season after season & we've survived (sometimes easily), apart from last season. And look how close we came to it after you told us we had no problems. I will admit that we were near the top when you told us this!

Not many things are right in the world, but you have restored some stability!

Last season I slipped into the zone between reality and Molefaces spin...... made me feel uneasy but we were second in the table when I nailed my colours to the "probably safe" mast.

I did say probably though.

Clearly, I hope and pray we'll scrape to safety but I just cannot see it.
If we do then the same approach is needed whether stay up or drop = total overhaul.

I'd probably look to keep Marti but try very hard to do so if in the Championship, less so if League One as this really would be unchartered territory for him. If we do drop I cannot see him sticking around though; he'll surely have better offers if he's as good as most people think he is.

You'll notice I'm not offering to eat my Warren Farm Hat if we stay up as there's 14 payers who may just do it.
Add three more good players and chances improve.
Window slams shut and we've made no moves then book the hearse I reckon.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 14:24 - Jan 22 with 1322 viewsTheChef

I just looked at all the new grounds we can go to in League One and you know what, that would be something to look forward to.

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 14:36 - Jan 22 with 1290 viewsdaveB

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 21:17 - Jan 21 by QPsyR

Massive Game

Thats just not true though, win, lose or draw the season won't be over on Sunday. If we lose it's going to make it a lot harder that's for sure but even a draw keeps us in with a decent chance of staying up
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 15:22 - Jan 22 with 1227 viewsloftupper

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 08:59 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

'Trust is a word we have put too much trust in' - Adam Phillips.

I'll go a tad further. I don't trust anyone at QPR, anyone on this messageboard, and least of all yours truly. The lot of us are a bunch of liars, scapegoaters, dissimulators and hypocrites, though the worst are the virtue-signallers - they really can f*ck off into the deep sea. Some, however, are more enjoyably eloquent than others about it.

In short, as the Gnostics knew, this world is a circus of corruption. Or, as my Russian tattoo artist put it with delicious darkness, 'trust no one - not even yourself!'
[Post edited 22 Jan 9:02]

Wow! This is bleak :)

Should we start hiding all the sharp objects?
Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 15:25 - Jan 22 with 1211 viewsTheChef

Can't trust this squad! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ on 15:22 - Jan 22 by loftupper

Wow! This is bleak :)

Should we start hiding all the sharp objects?

Don't worry it's just our resident drama queen

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024