Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinton 17:40 - Jan 21 with 13357 viewsNorthernr

Interesting both Cifuentes and Cook referenced Andy Sinton giving a big speech to the lads at training on Friday as having a big impact on them…
Sinton on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 7699 viewsWokingR

Love Andy Sinton
He always stops for a chat on his way up to the gantry.
I’ll make sure he’s spoken with them again before Huddersfield and, if not, I’ll send him back down again.
Sinton on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 7615 viewsconnell10

Loved him as a player and love him as our ambassador. Great bloke!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Sinton on 18:16 - Jan 21 with 7500 viewsBoston

He certainly seemed more 'highly charged' than usual when we scored.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sinton on 18:36 - Jan 21 with 7407 viewsBeejnewark

I hope it wasn't filmed. Or, if it was, don't post it on the socials..
Sinton on 18:49 - Jan 21 with 7323 viewsChrisNW6

Sinton on 18:36 - Jan 21 by Beejnewark

I hope it wasn't filmed. Or, if it was, don't post it on the socials..

Club could have saved a fortune on Maori costumes and visit to Treetops in the summer 😁
Sinton on 19:43 - Jan 21 with 7061 viewsRs_Holy

Top Bloke ... also born on exactly the same day as me .... so he is obviously a great fella
[Post edited 21 Jan 19:44]
Sinton on 20:59 - Jan 21 with 6843 viewsSonofpugwash

Got a lot of time for Andy,ever since Alex Ferguson described him as a "Rottweiler".

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Sinton on 21:03 - Jan 21 with 6803 viewsPunteR

One of my all time favourite players.

Where did Cook reference Sinton?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Sinton on 21:12 - Jan 21 with 6747 viewsOldPedro

Sinton on 21:03 - Jan 21 by PunteR

One of my all time favourite players.

Where did Cook reference Sinton?

Cook's post match interview

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_21jtq543

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sinton on 21:25 - Jan 21 with 6641 viewsthame_hoops

Sinton IMO was unique, can’t think of a modern player to compare him too. In todays money he’d be £100m+
Sinton on 22:20 - Jan 21 with 6503 viewsgazza1

Sinton knows the game inside out, top bloke and should be more involved with the team…..he talks a lot of proper sense. Hope the manager takes it on board and uses him more often, maybe good shout for the DofF although I don’t really know what their job is..

I wonder how and why it came about (Norf??)
Sinton on 22:23 - Jan 21 with 6500 viewsPunteR

Sinton on 21:12 - Jan 21 by OldPedro

Cook's post match interview

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_21jtq543

cheers Pedro

Sinton on 22:26 - Jan 21 with 6481 viewsPunteR

Sinton on 22:20 - Jan 21 by gazza1

Sinton knows the game inside out, top bloke and should be more involved with the team…..he talks a lot of proper sense. Hope the manager takes it on board and uses him more often, maybe good shout for the DofF although I don’t really know what their job is..

Interesting shout for DoF.
Does he have the contacts within the game to get players in, scouts working for him etc ?

Sinton on 22:29 - Jan 21 with 6471 viewsNorthernr

Sinton on 22:20 - Jan 21 by gazza1

Me and you both. I'd love to have been there to hear it though. Knowing Andy, it will have been prepped meticulously, and fcking bang on the money.

He's brilliant in his role, corrected a very long standing problem with the club not connecting with the fans and its ex players. He cares about QPR very deeply, and I know has been very frustrated at what's gone on and what he's seen.

Had a couple of very long chats with him after fans forums. Him and I stood at the side of the pitch at Blackpool last year after that 6-1 and had a very honest heart to heart where we were both absolutely disgusted by what we'd seen. Also did a Patreon piece with him on the gantry before one of the lockdown games and you could sense the frustration in him and just the will for us to be better and do better, while at the same time being professional in his role. I've long thought the club could utilise him a bit more on the football side as opposed to the PR side.

One of the things to look and listen for on his commentary is when somebody, and it has to be said it's usually Chair, gets into a crossing position and then checks back and out and tries to do something else. Over complicates. You can hear Andy on the commentary do this very frustrated tooth sucking noise, and then he'll say "I just wonder Nick whether that ball could have gone in a tad sooner". Which is Andy Sinton speak for "GET THE FCKING THING IN THERE". When I've chatted to him he's told me about the strikers he played with - Les obviously, Ian Wright with England, Teddy Sheringham - and he always says the same thing: "if I'd checked back and tried to fanny about or do too much or get my own shot away, they'd have been into me very aggressively telling me to get the fcking thing in early and let them worry about the rest".

New England Patriots - do your job really well.
Sinton on 22:44 - Jan 21 with 6391 viewsgazza1

Dunno mate, I just don’t get the DofF role…..does it include assisting the manager with ‘pep’ talks to the players-I dunno🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
[Post edited 21 Jan 22:45]
Sinton on 22:56 - Jan 21 with 6347 viewsted_hendrix

When he took off at speed he invariably took the ball with him, fabulous player.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sinton on 02:31 - Jan 22 with 6085 viewsnumptydumpty

Brilliant as a player to watch.

Always a winner and the opposition always trying to hack him down but always a constant threat.

How we could do with a player like him in our side today.

Very professional in all he does also.

Surprised in some senses always been content to be the PR man but superb in all he does.

Cifuentes uses Andy in his team talks.

Ainsworth uses some bloke in a loin cloth with a stick.

Marti wins the pre match routine prize but only just !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Sinton on 05:23 - Jan 22 with 5985 viewsjtuck

So Cifuentes is not trying to take the pressure off the players but is increasing it. Bringing in Sinton to address the team is part of that tactic and it includes being honest beforehand and calling Millwall game 'massive'. Sinton will have said something along the lines of 'care like the fans care, care like I care'. Thought Cook was honest and impressive in that interview.
[Post edited 22 Jan 5:25]

LAranger

Sinton on 06:15 - Jan 22 with 5908 viewsLblock

Do not, under any circumstances, get Andy Sinton involved in the “football side”

That would mean at some stage “we” will chase him out of the club, he’d be tarnished for some ongoing ineptitude of the owners and associated with their continued failures.
If this happens I think that would be me totally done with the club

Sints is not only a legend but a thoroughly lovely bloke
[Post edited 22 Jan 14:19]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sinton on 06:30 - Jan 22 with 5894 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sinton gets it. Many in football don't!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sinton on 07:23 - Jan 22 with 5797 viewsGaryBannister86

Sinton on 06:15 - Jan 22 by Lblock

Do not, under any circumstances, get Andy Sinton involved in the “football side”

That would mean at some stage “we” will chase him out of the club, he’d be tarnished for some ongoing ineptitude of the owners and associated with their continued failures.
If this happens I think that would be me totally done with the club

Sints is not only a legend but a thoroughly lovely bloke
[Post edited 22 Jan 14:19]

The only thing about this is that all of a sudden Sinton's recollection of events around his departure appear to have been taken as gospel.

I'm sure they are true, and my memory is no longer good enough to check it out, nor my inside knowledge of the club.

But I do remember when he left, along with most other QPR fans, absolutely detesting him. Maybe we were all just gullible and stupid?

Not knocking what he does now, good for him. Just slightly uncomfortable that we could all have been so wrong in the past?
[Post edited 22 Jan 7:24]
Sinton on 08:11 - Jan 22 with 5660 viewsdaveB

Sinton on 07:23 - Jan 22 by GaryBannister86

The only thing about this is that all of a sudden Sinton's recollection of events around his departure appear to have been taken as gospel.

I'm sure they are true, and my memory is no longer good enough to check it out, nor my inside knowledge of the club.

But I do remember when he left, along with most other QPR fans, absolutely detesting him. Maybe we were all just gullible and stupid?

Not knocking what he does now, good for him. Just slightly uncomfortable that we could all have been so wrong in the past?
[Post edited 22 Jan 7:24]

back then we hated everyone who left, Paul Parker got booed out of the building as well, looking back it was all a bit over the top
Sinton on 08:21 - Jan 22 with 5613 viewsGaryBannister86

Sinton on 08:11 - Jan 22 by daveB

back then we hated everyone who left, Paul Parker got booed out of the building as well, looking back it was all a bit over the top

Definitely - I don't remember Parker getting much stick aside from the "you should have stayed at the Rangers" when thrashing Man U.....but Sinton stuck in the craw and I can remember never having felt so annoyed about any Rangers thing.

Still, in the past, let's leave it there!
Sinton on 08:51 - Jan 22 with 5518 viewsngbqpr

Sinton on 08:21 - Jan 22 by GaryBannister86

Definitely - I don't remember Parker getting much stick aside from the "you should have stayed at the Rangers" when thrashing Man U.....but Sinton stuck in the craw and I can remember never having felt so annoyed about any Rangers thing.

Still, in the past, let's leave it there!

I remember singoing "we all agree Sinclair is better than Sinton" for 90 minutes...mind you we also sang "Roberts is better than Seaman."

My recollection is that the reaction was worse if players seemed to be agitating for moves in the press - which I have a hazy memory of Seaman & Sinton doing, Parker and Ferdinand not.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Sinton on 09:09 - Jan 22 with 5442 viewsEsox_Lucius

All of the above but the other side to him is a genuinely caring person; a few years ago I was talking to Roger Morgan and he told me that Ron Hunt wasn't doing well after his son committed suicide and as I was walking back to the ground I saw Andy Sinton and asked if he could spare a minute. I told him what Roger had told me and was there anything the club could do to help him. Without hesitation he said he would find out more and let me know.
Next home game I saw him and he told me that he had obtained his address(Weston Super Mare IIRC) and had driven to see him and spent some time with him. He said that Ron was in a bad way and we wouldn't be seeing him at LR as he wouldn't leave his house. He also said that he would be going to drive to him regularly to keep an eye on him, which I believe he did right up to his death. I thanked him very much for making the effort which he seemed to be embarrassed by, saying words along the line of why wouldn't he take care of one of our heroes.
I have a lot of time for him and am proud that he is at our club.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024