Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinton 17:40 - Jan 21 with 13706 viewsNorthernr

Interesting both Cifuentes and Cook referenced Andy Sinton giving a big speech to the lads at training on Friday as having a big impact on them…
Sinton on 09:10 - Jan 22 with 3647 viewsdaveB

Sinton was linked to Arsenal a lot so I think when he went to Sheff Wed who were not any better than us at the time it hurt a lot more than someone like Parker clearly making a step up at Man Utd. The club were very clever making it clear he wanted to go and painted him as the bad guy, I fell for it hook line and sinker, absolutely slaughtered Sinton when he came back and feel a bit daft about it now
Sinton on 09:58 - Jan 22 with 3502 viewsterryb

Sinton on 22:29 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Me and you both. I'd love to have been there to hear it though. Knowing Andy, it will have been prepped meticulously, and fcking bang on the money.

He's brilliant in his role, corrected a very long standing problem with the club not connecting with the fans and its ex players. He cares about QPR very deeply, and I know has been very frustrated at what's gone on and what he's seen.

Had a couple of very long chats with him after fans forums. Him and I stood at the side of the pitch at Blackpool last year after that 6-1 and had a very honest heart to heart where we were both absolutely disgusted by what we'd seen. Also did a Patreon piece with him on the gantry before one of the lockdown games and you could sense the frustration in him and just the will for us to be better and do better, while at the same time being professional in his role. I've long thought the club could utilise him a bit more on the football side as opposed to the PR side.

One of the things to look and listen for on his commentary is when somebody, and it has to be said it's usually Chair, gets into a crossing position and then checks back and out and tries to do something else. Over complicates. You can hear Andy on the commentary do this very frustrated tooth sucking noise, and then he'll say "I just wonder Nick whether that ball could have gone in a tad sooner". Which is Andy Sinton speak for "GET THE FCKING THING IN THERE". When I've chatted to him he's told me about the strikers he played with - Les obviously, Ian Wright with England, Teddy Sheringham - and he always says the same thing: "if I'd checked back and tried to fanny about or do too much or get my own shot away, they'd have been into me very aggressively telling me to get the fcking thing in early and let them worry about the rest".

New England Patriots - do your job really well.

I've only met Andy once & that was in the company of yourself after the Ale Faurlin evening.

He came across as a lovely genuine person who really cares about Queens Park Rangers. Without openly criticising the club, or individuals, he was very open about some of the aspects though. This was after he looked at me & then at you & you nodded. I took this as being that you told Andy that he could trust that I'd not drop him in the mire!

Andy supplied the (near) perfect end to a great evening. He would carry out any role within the club with aplomb.
Sinton on 10:13 - Jan 22 with 3455 viewsW7Ranger

Sinton on 09:58 - Jan 22 by terryb

I've only met Andy once & that was in the company of yourself after the Ale Faurlin evening.

He came across as a lovely genuine person who really cares about Queens Park Rangers. Without openly criticising the club, or individuals, he was very open about some of the aspects though. This was after he looked at me & then at you & you nodded. I took this as being that you told Andy that he could trust that I'd not drop him in the mire!

Andy supplied the (near) perfect end to a great evening. He would carry out any role within the club with aplomb.

"(near)"?
Sinton on 10:19 - Jan 22 with 3441 viewsW7Ranger

Sinton on 18:36 - Jan 21 by Beejnewark

I hope it wasn't filmed. Or, if it was, don't post it on the socials..

Me personally, I'd love to see it!

Due to his vast knowledge/experience of footbaal and in particular QPR, I've often wondered whether he's ever had any involvement/input on the training field or even just in and around the first team, chatting to the players individually/collectively.

Sounds like this is a first, otherwise I'm sure we'd have heard about previous times.

Either way, he's highly respected amongst the fans and the players, and is a HUGE asset to the club, and needs to be utilised wherever/however possible.
[Post edited 22 Jan 11:53]
Sinton on 10:33 - Jan 22 with 3398 viewslangtoft

As others have said on here back in the 90s I also gave pelters to Sinton, Spunky and Fenwick (never Les or Parker …. strange the mind of a 20 something!)) I was wrong and it's the mark on the man that his contribution off the pitch now is as telling as it was on it back then. Sorry Andy I misjudged that one all those years ago.
[Post edited 22 Jan 10:37]
Sinton on 10:35 - Jan 22 with 3310 viewsstainrods_elbow

I like Andy as we all do, and any motivational input to the first team has to be a good thing, though I can't help feeling he might sound less constipated if he sometimes was a bit less circumspect and more direct in his criticisms and calling it as he sees it. I guess his role is Club Ambassador must compromise him here, even though loving anything or anyone means being truthful, risking (and even seeking out) friction, and telling it how it is. More friction at QPR out in the open would do a lot for the club culture.
[Post edited 22 Jan 11:01]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Sinton on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 3365 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sounds like it went better than the Sousa one 16 years ago. (yeah 16 this year)

Great player and a nice guy to talk to aswell.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sinton on 12:59 - Jan 22 with 3137 viewsterryb

Sinton on 10:13 - Jan 22 by W7Ranger

"(near)"?

Perfection is very hard to achieve!
Login to get fewer ads

Sinton on 13:11 - Jan 22 with 3087 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sinton on 09:09 - Jan 22 by Esox_Lucius

All of the above but the other side to him is a genuinely caring person; a few years ago I was talking to Roger Morgan and he told me that Ron Hunt wasn't doing well after his son committed suicide and as I was walking back to the ground I saw Andy Sinton and asked if he could spare a minute. I told him what Roger had told me and was there anything the club could do to help him. Without hesitation he said he would find out more and let me know.
Next home game I saw him and he told me that he had obtained his address(Weston Super Mare IIRC) and had driven to see him and spent some time with him. He said that Ron was in a bad way and we wouldn't be seeing him at LR as he wouldn't leave his house. He also said that he would be going to drive to him regularly to keep an eye on him, which I believe he did right up to his death. I thanked him very much for making the effort which he seemed to be embarrassed by, saying words along the line of why wouldn't he take care of one of our heroes.
I have a lot of time for him and am proud that he is at our club.

That's a wonderful post to read.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sinton on 15:59 - Jan 22 with 2921 viewsloftus77

Andy, Andy Sinton! Andy Sinton on the wing!

Great player in a superb team in happy times. Scored the first at Old Trafford NY Day 92 IIRC. Before the Hallelujah.

I also remember THAT Sheff Wed home game well. Sad day all round.
Sinton on 09:03 - Jan 23 with 2659 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sinton on 13:11 - Jan 22 by PlanetHonneywood

That's a wonderful post to read.

Thanks John.

The grass is always greener.

Sinton on 10:05 - Jan 23 with 2534 viewsgolborne

Sinton on 22:29 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Me and you both. I'd love to have been there to hear it though. Knowing Andy, it will have been prepped meticulously, and fcking bang on the money.

He's brilliant in his role, corrected a very long standing problem with the club not connecting with the fans and its ex players. He cares about QPR very deeply, and I know has been very frustrated at what's gone on and what he's seen.

Had a couple of very long chats with him after fans forums. Him and I stood at the side of the pitch at Blackpool last year after that 6-1 and had a very honest heart to heart where we were both absolutely disgusted by what we'd seen. Also did a Patreon piece with him on the gantry before one of the lockdown games and you could sense the frustration in him and just the will for us to be better and do better, while at the same time being professional in his role. I've long thought the club could utilise him a bit more on the football side as opposed to the PR side.

One of the things to look and listen for on his commentary is when somebody, and it has to be said it's usually Chair, gets into a crossing position and then checks back and out and tries to do something else. Over complicates. You can hear Andy on the commentary do this very frustrated tooth sucking noise, and then he'll say "I just wonder Nick whether that ball could have gone in a tad sooner". Which is Andy Sinton speak for "GET THE FCKING THING IN THERE". When I've chatted to him he's told me about the strikers he played with - Les obviously, Ian Wright with England, Teddy Sheringham - and he always says the same thing: "if I'd checked back and tried to fanny about or do too much or get my own shot away, they'd have been into me very aggressively telling me to get the fcking thing in early and let them worry about the rest".

New England Patriots - do your job really well.

Re Chair, he and I both, but then I have to accept that getting across his man wasn’t on Lyndon’s agenda, let alone actually doing it. Most of the time it would sending it in for the sake of it
Sinton on 18:38 - Jan 23 with 2227 viewsrobith

Told you all this before but its a mark of the man that when Sinton rang my dad when he was missing games due to chemo, it was such a lack of imposition on Sinton that it was my dad who had to be "errr I actually have to go".

When I asked what they talked about Dad would never tell me, only saying it was very emotional, between them and that Sinton was a great man. Raved about him any time QPR were mentioned until his pasing. He is a cornerstone of this club and why we follow it
Sinton on 19:00 - Jan 23 with 2171 viewsGaryBannister86

Sinton on 18:38 - Jan 23 by robith

Told you all this before but its a mark of the man that when Sinton rang my dad when he was missing games due to chemo, it was such a lack of imposition on Sinton that it was my dad who had to be "errr I actually have to go".

When I asked what they talked about Dad would never tell me, only saying it was very emotional, between them and that Sinton was a great man. Raved about him any time QPR were mentioned until his pasing. He is a cornerstone of this club and why we follow it

Do you know what? I still bore a grudge against Sinton for his leaving, but having read all these posts.....I don't any longer. What a guy. Thanks for all the stories.
Sinton on 21:07 - Jan 23 with 1991 viewsSpaceman_P

Sinton has a weird accent, he's from the North East but sounds like he's from Somerset or Bristol.

mental.
Sinton on 22:00 - Jan 23 with 1870 viewsStateside_Ranger

I took my son aged 9 to his first game in 2021 (the 3-2 vs Preston).
It was about 3-4 months after I’d played a charity game at LR and had briefly met Andy Sinton.
He was striding up the steps towards the gantry just before kickoff, happened to see me and clearly remembered, stopped and came over and introduced himself to my son.
He chatted with us for a minute and then carried on.
Consistent with all the other stories on this thread just showed a very human side to him and so generous with his time. A true gent.
Sinton on 22:08 - Jan 23 with 1861 viewsnix

Met him today at the training ground. Such a lovely fella. Had time for all of us on the tour, shook everyone’s hands; thanked us for being fans; and was really modest when congratulated for the results of his team talk. Modest to a fault, he said it’s all about the team and Martí.

I think you can tell the difference a win makes as everyone seemed on great form and they were working hard but having fun in training. The lesser spotted Taylor Richards was in situ!
Sinton on 23:15 - Jan 23 with 1733 viewsnumptydumpty

Sinton on 10:35 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

I like Andy as we all do, and any motivational input to the first team has to be a good thing, though I can't help feeling he might sound less constipated if he sometimes was a bit less circumspect and more direct in his criticisms and calling it as he sees it. I guess his role is Club Ambassador must compromise him here, even though loving anything or anyone means being truthful, risking (and even seeking out) friction, and telling it how it is. More friction at QPR out in the open would do a lot for the club culture.
[Post edited 22 Jan 11:01]

Andy is a diplomat and well versed in this role.

Think the fact he is critical without being damning is one of his many redeeming characteristics.

Can't agree at all that being more transparent and washing your dirty linen in public is a thing to be done ever.

Always best if this is kept to the training ground and the pre match team talks.

All the best managers rarely dig out players in public as it achieves nothing apart from humiliating the player concerned and can't see that helping in anyways.

Sinton is fine as he is for me. Being a diplomat us one of his more admirable traits for me.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sinton on 23:25 - Jan 23 with 1723 viewsnumptydumpty

Sinton on 09:09 - Jan 22 by Esox_Lucius

All of the above but the other side to him is a genuinely caring person; a few years ago I was talking to Roger Morgan and he told me that Ron Hunt wasn't doing well after his son committed suicide and as I was walking back to the ground I saw Andy Sinton and asked if he could spare a minute. I told him what Roger had told me and was there anything the club could do to help him. Without hesitation he said he would find out more and let me know.
Next home game I saw him and he told me that he had obtained his address(Weston Super Mare IIRC) and had driven to see him and spent some time with him. He said that Ron was in a bad way and we wouldn't be seeing him at LR as he wouldn't leave his house. He also said that he would be going to drive to him regularly to keep an eye on him, which I believe he did right up to his death. I thanked him very much for making the effort which he seemed to be embarrassed by, saying words along the line of why wouldn't he take care of one of our heroes.
I have a lot of time for him and am proud that he is at our club.

That's the sign of a top man.

Crikey. The pain of losing a child to suicide. Most people can understand how awful that must be, but 99% of people would not go out of their way to go to such lengths to help out like this.

I know footballers and staff at clubs are in very privileged positions in monetary terms and you do get the occasional publicised community based visits to hospitals or people in difficult circumstances but its when people like Andy Sinton, not for the club community perspective, but just because they are a thoroughly decent person.

I hope we can keep Andy on board for as long as he wants.

This thread emphasises that feeling even more.

Top man.

Andy , Andy Sinton, Andy Sinton on the wing ...
[Post edited 23 Jan 23:27]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sinton on 07:14 - Jan 24 with 1600 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Sinton on 10:06 - Jan 24 with 1436 viewsfrancisbowles

Sinton on 15:59 - Jan 22 by loftus77

Andy, Andy Sinton! Andy Sinton on the wing!

Great player in a superb team in happy times. Scored the first at Old Trafford NY Day 92 IIRC. Before the Hallelujah.

I also remember THAT Sheff Wed home game well. Sad day all round.

He also scored our first goal after the invention of football.
Sinton on 10:12 - Jan 24 with 1400 viewsDannyPaddox

Sinton on 21:07 - Jan 23 by Spaceman_P

Sinton has a weird accent, he's from the North East but sounds like he's from Somerset or Bristol.

mental.

Sint’s accent probably due to spending a few early years in Hounslow - they talk funny round there.
Sinton on 11:04 - Jan 24 with 1317 viewsW7Ranger

Sinton on 07:14 - Jan 24 by Midlands_Ranger

Some decent goals in there. I'd forgotten half of these!

Great player. Great man!
Sinton on 11:33 - Jan 24 with 1276 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Sinton on 11:04 - Jan 24 by W7Ranger

Great player. Great man!

It really was a nice reminder! Did a great job for us on the field and still doing one off it.
Sinton on 11:51 - Jan 24 with 1240 viewsPhilmyRs

Sinton on 11:04 - Jan 24 by W7Ranger

Great player. Great man!

Yeah some good goals in there which you forget about. A quick look and although Chair has played a fair few more games, their goals/assists record doesn't look too dissimilar but given Andy was playing a higher level, and was pretty much an out-and-out winger rather than the modern day, more advanced, central position, not a bad return from him. Although given ability, think he could have chipped in with a few more.

Also, genuinely seemed like a both footed player. Some great left footed strikes and quality right footed finishes too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024