Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Smithies 13:15 - Jan 22 with 7297 viewsQPRConor2000

Just confirmed by Leicester City that hes retired due to injury, really thought he was a great keeper for us.

Wish him well for the future.
Alex Smithies on 13:20 - Jan 22 with 5195 viewsTheChef

What a shame.

Even unfit, he's probably better than Begovic.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Alex Smithies on 13:22 - Jan 22 with 5180 viewsaston_hoop

Should get him straight into forever Rs on Sunday give we're playing his first club!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Alex Smithies on 13:28 - Jan 22 with 5121 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That's a shame, still 33 is better than 23.

Best of luck, a good keeper for us.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Alex Smithies on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 5116 viewsconnell10

Brought for just over 2 million sold for 4 million, I'd say we did well outta that deal. Great lad , wish him well in the future.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Alex Smithies on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 5090 viewsNorthernr

Brilliant keeper. Bit gutted for him that his Prem move, when it came, didn't work out for him. Retiring to spend more time with his new hair.
Alex Smithies on 13:38 - Jan 22 with 5048 viewsdmm

I wonder how he'll look back at his time at QPR? Perhaps the best period in his career?
Alex Smithies on 13:41 - Jan 22 with 4999 viewsrobith

Will always remember when he came into the team and thinking "We were playing Rob f'ing Green over this guy????"
Alex Smithies on 13:45 - Jan 22 with 4960 viewsTheChef

Alex Smithies on 13:41 - Jan 22 by robith

Will always remember when he came into the team and thinking "We were playing Rob f'ing Green over this guy????"

Yeah another one of our players who took ages to get a chance in the first team when the incumbent was doing badly - and then we wondered what took so long for them to be selected!

See also Gino.

Login to get fewer ads

Alex Smithies on 13:52 - Jan 22 with 4926 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob was underrated kingness though. Until he became a Chelsea c**t again.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Alex Smithies on 13:53 - Jan 22 with 4913 viewslassel

Alex Smithies on 13:32 - Jan 22 by Northernr

Brilliant keeper. Bit gutted for him that his Prem move, when it came, didn't work out for him. Retiring to spend more time with his new hair.

You’re only jealous of these lads experiencing footballer pattern hair regrowth.
Alex Smithies on 13:59 - Jan 22 with 4867 viewsNorthernr

Alex Smithies on 13:53 - Jan 22 by lassel

You’re only jealous of these lads experiencing footballer pattern hair regrowth.

100%.
Alex Smithies on 14:25 - Jan 22 with 4740 viewsStevenageRanger

Smithies was a great keeper for us.

My youngest was mascot for us when we played Villa away around 2018 time. My lad used to play in goal at the time and we managed to chat to one of the staff from the stands just before KO explaining he was mascot and would love Smithies gloves as a momento.

He said he will try and ask him. We didnt think it would happen but the game ended and he headed from the other end towards us, loads of fans calling him and he found my lad (who met the team before the game) and handed him his gloves! Made an amazing day even better. We still have the gloves now (has Smithies kids names on - one on each glove)
Alex Smithies on 14:48 - Jan 22 with 4618 viewsLazyFan

I remember when Fulham strikers wanted to pass to an open goal rather than take Smithies on 1:1. That shows he was well known for being a top keeper when strikers don't fancy a 1:1.
This then extended to his ridiculous amount of penalty saves.

Meanwhile, criticism of his kicking was quelled when he came to us; as he significantly improved it to the extent it became an asset, not a liability.

Top Keeper.

zzzzzzzzzz

Alex Smithies on 14:50 - Jan 22 with 4610 viewsGloucs_R

Talking of Rob Green has anyone else ever seen how badly damaged his fingers are?

I watched an interview with him the other day I was absolutely shocked that they are twisted and deformed.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Alex Smithies on 14:54 - Jan 22 with 4584 viewsconnell10

Alex Smithies on 14:50 - Jan 22 by Gloucs_R

Talking of Rob Green has anyone else ever seen how badly damaged his fingers are?

I watched an interview with him the other day I was absolutely shocked that they are twisted and deformed.

That's through years of counting money mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Alex Smithies on 15:10 - Jan 22 with 4531 viewsDannyPaddox

Alex Smithies on 13:20 - Jan 22 by TheChef

What a shame.

Even unfit, he's probably better than Begovic.

Not really getting the regular Begovic-bashing on LFW. Okay there is the frequent appearances on scum podcasts, and the often over-deliberation in distributing the ball (including the delusion that Jimmy Dunne is Franz Beckenbauer reincarnated and is the best option for a short pass). And yes he’s only here because of QPR’s proximity to his Goalkeeping Kindergarten in Chiswick. Weetabix hands, did I mention the occasional bout of Weetabix hands? But apart from all that I’m happy he’s here and in my opinion he’s one of the more positive things in the first half of a season of clusterfcukery.

Loved Smithies tho. And a shame injury has finished his career at 33 - no age for a keeper. Good luck to him.
Alex Smithies on 15:18 - Jan 22 with 4474 viewsHarbour

Happy Retirement Alex was top Keeper for us deserved his chance in the premier league shame it did not work out. Loved that period when he was top pen saver for us.
Alex Smithies on 15:24 - Jan 22 with 4425 viewsPaddyhoops

He saved at least 10 goals a season .
Poor Joanna cost us 10 a season.
Brilliant keeper for us.👏
Alex Smithies on 15:26 - Jan 22 with 4409 viewsTheChef

Alex Smithies on 15:10 - Jan 22 by DannyPaddox

Not really getting the regular Begovic-bashing on LFW. Okay there is the frequent appearances on scum podcasts, and the often over-deliberation in distributing the ball (including the delusion that Jimmy Dunne is Franz Beckenbauer reincarnated and is the best option for a short pass). And yes he’s only here because of QPR’s proximity to his Goalkeeping Kindergarten in Chiswick. Weetabix hands, did I mention the occasional bout of Weetabix hands? But apart from all that I’m happy he’s here and in my opinion he’s one of the more positive things in the first half of a season of clusterfcukery.

Loved Smithies tho. And a shame injury has finished his career at 33 - no age for a keeper. Good luck to him.

Come on we all need a new boo boy (especially now Dozy has left).

Alex Smithies on 15:31 - Jan 22 with 4376 viewsDannyPaddox

Alex Smithies on 15:26 - Jan 22 by TheChef

Come on we all need a new boo boy (especially now Dozy has left).

I get your logic and the SW6 connections shade it … Asmir Boo-gavic it is.

I still appreciate him tho.
Alex Smithies on 15:33 - Jan 22 with 4364 viewskingsburyR

He was the king of pens!!!

Didn't he save two in a game vs Fulham?

Happy Retirement!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Alex Smithies on 15:38 - Jan 22 with 4312 viewsTheChef

Alex Smithies on 15:31 - Jan 22 by DannyPaddox

I get your logic and the SW6 connections shade it … Asmir Boo-gavic it is.

I still appreciate him tho.

I appreciate his transatlantic accent and quality range of soccer schools.

I definitely don't appreciate his pink/navy hobo-lite keepers outfit (fkin state of it). Or anything else really.

Alex Smithies on 16:12 - Jan 22 with 4208 viewsDannyPaddox

Takes all sorts
Alex Smithies on 16:25 - Jan 22 with 4135 viewsflynnbo

Alex Smithies on 16:12 - Jan 22 by DannyPaddox

Takes all sorts

Good old Bertie Begovic.
Alex Smithies on 16:39 - Jan 22 with 4050 viewsTheChef

Alex Smithies on 16:12 - Jan 22 by DannyPaddox

Takes all sorts

An improvement, of sorts...