Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line 13:52 - Jan 27 with 6928 viewsLogman

Luke Amos - Played every game with a permanent look of fear etched across his face. Scared of his own persona.

Karl Ready - I remember going to a B team game at HQ, he went up for a corner and the ball fell at his feet six yards out. He took a complete air shot, and fell over. Added to which when he got up, he celebrated it ...

Stefan Moore - A matter of time every game until he was put out of his misery and hooked. Think Ollie must have been having one of his mad-cap moments when he signed this one.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:47 - Jan 27 with 2201 viewsVancouverHoop

Remarkably no one's mentioned Diakite.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 20:18 - Jan 27 with 2110 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:47 - Jan 27 by VancouverHoop

The opposite for me.

He was Patrick Vieira for a few early games.
[Post edited 27 Jan 22:31]
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 23:22 - Jan 27 with 1987 viewsTacticalR

I don't think I have ever judged anyone the moment they crossed the line, but in recent times two players I thought fairly early on were hopeless:

Conor Washington. I said: 'He's not a target man, he's not a fox in the box, and he's not lucky'.

George Thomas. My heart sank whenever he came on as it meant the manager had run out of ideas.

Air hostess clique

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 23:34 - Jan 27 with 1951 viewshoops_legend

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:47 - Jan 27 by VancouverHoop

Because we all thought he would make it as he was supremely talented, he was just a bit mental!
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 23:55 - Jan 27 with 1937 viewsPunteR

Sean Goss

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 00:02 - Jan 28 with 1928 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:09 - Jan 27 by numptydumpty

Known as little Tom Carroll, his physique was slight when he was with us and was a nearly player but never quite made it with us.

Forget where he went after us but he did come back years later with Swansea I believe, had bulked up and performed then I never heard of him again once more.

He played 22 league games for QPR the year after he left Swansea.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 00:26 - Jan 28 with 1914 viewsVancouverHoop

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 23:34 - Jan 27 by hoops_legend

Because we all thought he would make it as he was supremely talented, he was just a bit mental!

Talented or not, given he was red-carded about thirty minutes into his debut after trying to assassinate half a dozen opponents, I'd say that qualifies as "never going to make it the moment he crossed the line."
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 07:20 - Jan 28 with 1830 viewsHoopstar

Armel Tchakounte definitely up there with the worst players I have ever seen.

Adam Czerkas, Egutu Oliseh from that similar era! Was excited by Oliseh purely based on how good his brother had been.

Don't think any of them were young when they joined, but none of them had any business playing in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 10:18 - Jan 28 with 1750 viewsnix

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 23:55 - Jan 27 by PunteR

Sean Goss

Yes he was terrible. I don’t know how he made it through the Manchester United youth system. Or that anyone would see him play and think he’d be great in the Championship. Bafflingz

My one was Mlakar. Didn’t look like a footballer and definitely not a striker:
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 13:10 - Jan 28 with 1638 viewsPunteR

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 10:18 - Jan 28 by nix

Yes he was terrible. I don’t know how he made it through the Manchester United youth system. Or that anyone would see him play and think he’d be great in the Championship. Bafflingz

My one was Mlakar. Didn’t look like a footballer and definitely not a striker:

It was a weird signing. Didn't Holloway give him the number 10 shirt straight away despite him not playing a competitive first team match for anyone..? Then Goss didn't want to go on loan to a L1 club where he would get games and decided to go all billy big balls and go to Rangers ..? Just googled him and he's currently at Greek Super League club Asteras Tripoli.
Strange career.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:30 - Jan 28 with 1599 viewsQPunkR

Ademola Bankole

QPR - "shit but local"

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 18:29 - Jan 28 with 1555 viewsnix

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 13:10 - Jan 28 by PunteR

It was a weird signing. Didn't Holloway give him the number 10 shirt straight away despite him not playing a competitive first team match for anyone..? Then Goss didn't want to go on loan to a L1 club where he would get games and decided to go all billy big balls and go to Rangers ..? Just googled him and he's currently at Greek Super League club Asteras Tripoli.
Strange career.

There’s the problem with these big club academies. I bet they all get cosseted and think they’re David Beckham and finally find out they’re more like Brooklyn Beckham!

If you’re not good enough for the first team then go out on loan especially if you’re a young player with scope to improve. It was good enough for Harry Kane but apparently not Sean Goss!
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 18:52 - Jan 28 with 1535 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 07:20 - Jan 28 by Hoopstar

Armel Tchakounte definitely up there with the worst players I have ever seen.

Adam Czerkas, Egutu Oliseh from that similar era! Was excited by Oliseh purely based on how good his brother had been.

Don't think any of them were young when they joined, but none of them had any business playing in the Championship.

Tchakounte is a tremendous shout. That said, I saw him in a reserves game and I left LR with hope!

Hope that despite being an amputee in my then, late-30s, knackered hamstrings, and not having played for about a dozen years, there was still a chance for me if this bloke was turning out for QPR.

He was absolute pony, and he either had incriminating photographs on senior people at QPR, and/or he was an integral part of an international money laundering scheme that was netting someonesome serious money. Actually, it wasn't hope that I left LR with, but fear that this bloke was as close as he was to the First XI.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:35 - Jan 29 with 1414 viewsHooping_Mad

How dare you

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:36 - Jan 29 with 1409 viewsHooping_Mad

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 00:26 - Jan 28 by VancouverHoop

Talented or not, given he was red-carded about thirty minutes into his debut after trying to assassinate half a dozen opponents, I'd say that qualifies as "never going to make it the moment he crossed the line."

Just mis-understood, that's all.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:38 - Jan 29 with 1404 viewsHooping_Mad

Chris Samba was so fat when he arrived, what happened thereafter wasn't a surprise.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:41 - Jan 29 with 1394 viewsaston_hoop

I remember watching Ugo Ukah in a pre-season friendly, maybe against Charlton or someone like that, all I could think was 'we've signed this guy to actually play?'. He looked so far off the pace, it was quite shocking. I suppose we learned that pretty quickly as he barely played

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:44 - Jan 29 with 1297 viewsFredManRave

Michi Frey. The moment he crossed the line during his introduction on Sunday I knew he wasn't going to make it.

To confirm, tongue in cheek post. He's gonna be our saviour and our cult hero and if you disagree with that then tell it to his face, after each goal he scores.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:53 - Jan 29 with 1275 viewsBoston

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:44 - Jan 29 by FredManRave

Michi Frey. The moment he crossed the line during his introduction on Sunday I knew he wasn't going to make it.

To confirm, tongue in cheek post. He's gonna be our saviour and our cult hero and if you disagree with that then tell it to his face, after each goal he scores.

Tattoo available in the club shop from tomorrow.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 08:51 - Jan 30 with 1143 viewsTheChef

Ugo Ukah.

Came on as a sub at Coventry. Don't think he was ever seen again.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 09:24 - Jan 30 with 1106 viewsflynnbo

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 13:10 - Jan 28 by PunteR

Strange career.

He’s not good enough to get into his brothers’ band either.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:09 - Jan 30 with 1039 viewsdangould

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 15:13 - Jan 27 by MrSheen

I thought it was Paladini who signed Stefan Moore, through his chum Mel Eves.

Going back a few years, Steve Slade gave the impression he hated every minute.

With you on Steve Slade

Poll: will a centre forward score for QPR in the remaining games.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:13 - Jan 30 with 1030 viewsTheChef

Fond memories of Christer Warren playing left back and P block having to tell him where to stand

Played 36 games for QPR!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 15:36 - Jan 30 with 983 viewsLongsufferingR

Michael Frey. Was so slow getting out onto the pitch, then seemed more keen on waving to the crowd than getting stuck in.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:25 - Jan 31 with 729 viewsbaz_qpr

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:09 - Jan 30 by dangould

With you on Steve Slade

With you on Slade, speaking of Steve's Morrow looked a disaster signing from the off.

+ Anyone that's come through our Youth system and played left back in the last what... 40 years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024