Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended 14:02 - Jan 31 with 8300 viewsbaz_qpr

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/31/charlie-kelman-joins-wigan-on-loan/

[Post edited 31 Jan 14:04]
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:04 - Jan 31 with 4850 viewsNorthernr

I don't want to be overly cruel but few things say 'we expect to be in the division below next season' like extending Charlie Kelman's contract.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:04 - Jan 31 with 4847 viewsRangersw12

That's a good loan for him

Good luck
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:05 - Jan 31 with 4806 viewsbaz_qpr

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:04 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

That's a good loan for him

Good luck

Must have watched him in training
[Post edited 31 Jan 14:17]
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:06 - Jan 31 with 4800 viewsGloucs_R

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:04 - Jan 31 by Northernr

I don't want to be overly cruel but few things say 'we expect to be in the division below next season' like extending Charlie Kelman's contract.

I just came here to post the exact same thought....

If Kelman is the answer then League 1 is the question...

To be honest though, I'm not sure he's even League one standard. Be interesting to see how he gets on it Wigan.
[Post edited 31 Jan 14:07]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:12 - Jan 31 with 4654 viewsbenhurst

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:04 - Jan 31 by Northernr

Do we know if it's just the club activating an extra year or if he's signed something longer-term?
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:13 - Jan 31 with 4646 viewsTheChef

Also - Luke Freeman has joined Barnet!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:14 - Jan 31 with 4633 viewsBakes

Thinks it’s the club being cautious, if he scores goals for Wigan he will have some value, better than letting him go for free in the summer.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:14 - Jan 31 with 4633 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

I’m really pleased that the clear out of deadwood continues, albeit with this one having a contract extension at the same time. I wasn’t sure before whether this was all to get us under FFP or for signings.

Then the new CEO said no signings…but brings in a striker….so now I’m hoping this latest wage saved means we might get a prem loan midfielder tomorrow.

What do you all think?
Login to get fewer ads

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:16 - Jan 31 with 4610 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Devil’s advocate, but if we didn’t renew his contract and went down we’d be equally annoyed having to find a new striker at the last minute.

A bit like Hamelainen, I see it as a bit of a cheap (I assume) insurance policy.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:16 - Jan 31 with 4600 viewsGloucs_R

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:14 - Jan 31 by Philothesuperhoop

I’m really pleased that the clear out of deadwood continues, albeit with this one having a contract extension at the same time. I wasn’t sure before whether this was all to get us under FFP or for signings.

Then the new CEO said no signings…but brings in a striker….so now I’m hoping this latest wage saved means we might get a prem loan midfielder tomorrow.

What do you all think?

I suspect a little bit of movement tomorrow.

🤞🤞🤞

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:21 - Jan 31 with 4531 viewsbaz_qpr

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:16 - Jan 31 by Gloucs_R

🤞🤞🤞

Tim incoming loan to perm???
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:24 - Jan 31 with 4468 viewsmart_Goblin

Extended his contract ?

What the hell is going on ?
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:33 - Jan 31 with 4381 viewsessextaxiboy

Starting a League 1 season with Kelman still around the first team would be a no from me
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:43 - Jan 31 with 4281 viewsPlanetHonneywood

🤞🤞🤞

If in doubt, pop an exlax before lights out.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:58 - Jan 31 with 4157 viewsCateLeBonR

🤞🤞🤞

Or were the club waiting for Frey to sign before letting Kelman go on loan?

This is probably what should have happened at the start of the season tbf. He had a good year with Leyton Orient in League 2. Give him a new contract and loan him to League 1.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:00 - Jan 31 with 4135 viewslassel

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:14 - Jan 31 by Philothesuperhoop

What do you all think?

100% we are trying to get another 1 or 2 in on loan, but we cannot pay any sort of loan fee so inevitably we have to wait until the last knockings of the window to see where the chips fall.

Don’t be surprised if we get a very late left field incoming ala Hendricks a few years back. Most of the clubs in the PL are in FFP trouble and so will be a lot more amenable to getting their m unregistered deadwood out for wages only than in a ‘normal’ window.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:08 - Jan 31 with 4046 viewsessextaxiboy

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:58 - Jan 31 by CateLeBonR

Or were the club waiting for Frey to sign before letting Kelman go on loan?

This is probably what should have happened at the start of the season tbf. He had a good year with Leyton Orient in League 2. Give him a new contract and loan him to League 1.

Did he have a good year at Orient ? didn’t seem to be a regular starter and didn’t score many …. All in league 2
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:18 - Jan 31 with 3933 viewsWestonsuperR

Only QPR could extend the contract of a striker who has a record of 0 goals in 26 appearances for us.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:19 - Jan 31 with 3904 viewsted_hendrix

Kelman can stay at Wigan for as long as they want him as far as I'm concerned.

Bloke Is useless.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:22 - Jan 31 with 3867 viewsLazyFan

Kelman is not a forward; he's more of a midfielder, and that's why his passing is decent, but his scoring is zero.
He also has no pace, which makes him less of a forward.

IF Wigan plays him, we can finally find out what he's about ... big IF.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:25 - Jan 31 with 3834 viewsTheChef

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:21 - Jan 31 by baz_qpr

Tim incoming loan to perm???

Other football players are available.

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:25 - Jan 31 with 3831 viewsNed_Kennedys

A gamble which could go either way.

At least he has gone to a club at a decent lower level but firstly he has to get games and secondly he needs to score goals. This could then carry over for us for next season at whatever level we are at.

If he crashes and burns then we are lumbered with him for at least another year.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:33 - Jan 31 with 3775 viewsBAWHoops

A sensible move it seems.
If he scores goals at Wigan then we have him ready to go next season.
Meanwhile he's off the wage bill so we can bring in someone on loan....

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:36 - Jan 31 with 3732 viewsdaveB

he's young enough that another year makes sense as a squad player but he needs to do well in this loan move
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:38 - Jan 31 with 3703 viewsTheChef

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:33 - Jan 31 by BAWHoops

A sensible move it seems.
If he scores goals at Wigan then we have him ready to go next season.
Meanwhile he's off the wage bill so we can bring in someone on loan....

What the hell is this CEO up to?

Sensible decisions??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024