Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended 14:02 - Jan 31 with 8982 viewsbaz_qpr

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/31/charlie-kelman-joins-wigan-on-loan/

[Post edited 31 Jan 14:04]
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:42 - Jan 31 with 2396 viewsellersliehoop

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:19 - Jan 31 by ted_hendrix

Kelman can stay at Wigan for as long as they want him as far as I'm concerned.

Bloke Is useless.

I'm completely baffled as to why we've extended his contract. He's not good enough for Championship or League 1.

If we end up in League 1 he wont be scoring the goals to get us back up.

Bewildering
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:42 - Jan 31 with 2392 viewsOakR

Good move for him and us.

Hopefully he gets a good run in the team - which will either give some sell-on value or put him in a better place to compete for a 1st team place with us.

I think there is something there we will have to wait and see.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:44 - Jan 31 with 2383 viewsRanger1208

Sorry, I can't see how this is a positive move. Loan him out, by all means but extend his contract? The club should be looking to ditch as much of this abject squad as possible regardless of where we find ourselves next season and not extending the contracts for any of this half baked squad.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:50 - Jan 31 with 2312 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton described him as the best finisher at the club. He has never shown us why but on the other hand, has he ever had a real run in the team? Marti gave him a couple of games where he didn't contribute much but maybe he impressed in training.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:58 - Jan 31 with 2244 viewsdmm

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:12 - Jan 31 by benhurst

Do we know if it's just the club activating an extra year or if he's signed something longer-term?

Kelman did not have a club option of an extra year on his contract.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:02 - Jan 31 with 2201 viewsdmm

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:22 - Jan 31 by LazyFan

Kelman is not a forward; he's more of a midfielder, and that's why his passing is decent, but his scoring is zero.
He also has no pace, which makes him less of a forward.

IF Wigan plays him, we can finally find out what he's about ... big IF.

Kelman is a striker, not a midfielder. His career positional stats are: played 74 times as a centre forward, 5 out wide and just 2 in midfield.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:04 - Jan 31 with 2179 viewsBklynRanger

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:50 - Jan 31 by francisbowles

Warburton described him as the best finisher at the club. He has never shown us why but on the other hand, has he ever had a real run in the team? Marti gave him a couple of games where he didn't contribute much but maybe he impressed in training.

Have always assumed that too. They must have a reason to continue to wonder if he can do it at a level below, and now more reason than ever.

Presumably the idea is to try to get him used to League 1, and if he can produce keep him if we find ourselves down there. If not try to come up with a deal to get him off the books.

Not that we can afford it I know, but he's got to be on a low wage shirley?
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:05 - Jan 31 with 2163 viewsStanisgod

My Gills supporting mate wasn't impressed when he was on loan there, said he was very inconsistent.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:10 - Jan 31 with 2123 viewsNed_Kennedys

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 15:50 - Jan 31 by francisbowles

He’s a forward so has to earn his opportunity of a run of games by scoring a few goals which unfortunately he has not even looked like doing during his appearances.
Fingers crossed he’ll get a run of games at Wigan: hopefully we’ve managed to insert a clause forcing them to play him like we seem to get lumbered with when we loan players in…..
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:23 - Jan 31 with 2054 viewsrbee

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:04 - Jan 31 by Northernr

I don't want to be overly cruel but few things say 'we expect to be in the division below next season' like extending Charlie Kelman's contract.

You are not being cruel you are being honest.

It's Niko Hämäläinen all over again

Kelman has been signed, played, sent out on loan, played, sent out on loan and we still extend his contract as he is the best finisher in training.

Come on our club, wise up!!!
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:23 - Jan 31 with 2043 viewsCateLeBonR

It’s probably what we should have done at the start of the season. New contract after a good loan spell in League 2 and loaned out to a League 1 side.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:30 - Jan 31 with 1981 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I feel like at this point, through their own fault, that the club could announce that Kelman has started shitting gold bars and it would be met with cynicism.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:32 - Jan 31 with 1925 viewsSheffieldHoop

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:30 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

I feel like at this point, through their own fault, that the club could announce that Kelman has started shitting gold bars and it would be met with cynicism.

Would certainly help with the FFP situation

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 17:19 - Jan 31 with 1720 viewsbaz_qpr

Could it be for accounting reasons, we paid a fee did we not so he has value as an asset on the books so by adding a year on that fee and value stays higher?
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 17:22 - Jan 31 with 1717 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 14:16 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Devil’s advocate, but if we didn’t renew his contract and went down we’d be equally annoyed having to find a new striker at the last minute.

A bit like Hamelainen, I see it as a bit of a cheap (I assume) insurance policy.

Not really. He's not even league one level i'm afraid.

Bare bones.

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 17:50 - Jan 31 with 1629 viewsGus_iom

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:30 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

If I told you I was shitting gold bars and you could buy one cash up front, I reckon you'd be cynical, wouldn't you?
Because if not, I'm.......
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 17:53 - Jan 31 with 1622 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 17:22 - Jan 31 by Antti_Heinola

Not really. He's not even league one level i'm afraid.

He’s better than no striker which is a real possibility.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:08 - Jan 31 with 1562 viewsstevec

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:05 - Jan 31 by Stanisgod

My Gills supporting mate wasn't impressed when he was on loan there, said he was very inconsistent.

He’s been very consistent here
[Post edited 31 Jan 18:09]
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 18:12 - Jan 31 with 1540 viewsE15Hoop

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:32 - Jan 31 by SheffieldHoop

Would certainly help with the FFP situation

I wonder how they'd have to enter this into the accounts though ?!

I'd love to see the look on the auditors' faces...or should that be "faeces"
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 18:38 - Jan 31 with 1437 viewsNoDiddley

He said furnisher. He dropped a three piece suite round his house
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 19:02 - Jan 31 with 1349 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 16:23 - Jan 31 by rbee

You are not being cruel you are being honest.

It's Niko Hämäläinen all over again

Kelman has been signed, played, sent out on loan, played, sent out on loan and we still extend his contract as he is the best finisher in training.

Come on our club, wise up!!!

Niko went to Rio, LA, and Italy.

Chuck's gone to Gillingham, Leytonstone, and Wigan. From one of the players' perspective, I can see how they might not see it as a case of history repeating itself

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 19:19 - Jan 31 with 1282 viewsrbee

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 19:02 - Jan 31 by PlanetHonneywood

Niko went to Rio, LA, and Italy.

Chuck's gone to Gillingham, Leytonstone, and Wigan. From one of the players' perspective, I can see how they might not see it as a case of history repeating itself

Not sure what preferred holiday destinations has to do with it John.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 19:23 - Jan 31 with 1269 viewshighleverhoopL

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 17:19 - Jan 31 by baz_qpr

Could it be for accounting reasons, we paid a fee did we not so he has value as an asset on the books so by adding a year on that fee and value stays higher?

Yes perhaps could spread the amortisation of his fee over a longer period thus reducing our loss this year? I have no idea just speculating...
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 19:35 - Jan 31 with 1206 viewsMr_Beef

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 17:53 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

He’s better than no striker which is a real possibility.

Isn't that one of the problems that we've had over the last few years? Let's just extend the contract because he's already with us.
Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 19:45 - Jan 31 with 1172 viewsloftupper

Kelman out on loan to Wigan but contract extended on 19:35 - Jan 31 by Mr_Beef

Isn't that one of the problems that we've had over the last few years? Let's just extend the contract because he's already with us.

Les was allowed back into the building to clear his desk and managed to sneak in one last contract extension. It’s the only explanation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024