Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benham potentially selling Brentford? 12:47 - Feb 21 with 5159 viewsQPRConor2000

https://news.sky.com/story/brentford-fc-owner-benham-eyes-400m-valuation-as-sale

Interesting.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 12:53 - Feb 21 with 3821 viewsBoston

My school metal work teacher was a Mr Benham. Fascinating I know.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 12:56 - Feb 21 with 3755 viewsSheffieldHoop

I reckon he's already sick of the Prem and dying for a Tuesday night at Brisbane Road

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:13 - Feb 21 with 3690 viewsDieByYourSide

£400m. Right.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:16 - Feb 21 with 3660 viewsHAYESBOY

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:13 - Feb 21 by DieByYourSide

£400m. Right.

They got the decimal point in the right place?

Anyone got Paladini's number?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:22 - Feb 21 with 3621 viewskernowhoop

On Gumtree... bus stop for sale.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:23 - Feb 21 with 3617 viewsDavieQPR

Not really. He says he wants to sell a majority or minority stake. He intends to keep a long term investment in the club/
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:24 - Feb 21 with 3609 viewsJuzzie

Good time to sell though I'm sure any buyer will want PL football next season otherwise it's £2.50 and a packet of wine gums.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:33 - Feb 21 with 3562 viewsSimonJames

Can we have another go at buying their ground?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:37 - Feb 21 with 3517 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If we bought them, we could do what other teams do with multi-club ownership and loan players each way. Kakay for Toney for starters.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:48 - Feb 21 with 3465 viewsLongsufferingR

A US buyer will probably come in, totally neglect how Benham got them where they are, overspend, get them relegated and back in League One before you know it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 13:58]
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:13 - Feb 21 with 3368 viewsnadera78

Newcastle Utd were sold for £300m and now someone thinks Brentford is worth £400m? Give over.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:29 - Feb 21 with 3293 viewsswitchingcode

Old news the search by Benham for investment started last year.i expect he’s like me and thinks being in the best league in the world ain't what it’s cracked up to be.😉Whatever happens I will always be grateful for the fantastic times he brought to the club taking us to the Premier league and staying there for 4 seasons.400 million + for a club with a modern stadium in a nice part of London in the PRemier League with zero debts will attract interest hopefully from the right people.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:41 - Feb 21 with 3232 viewsPunteR

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:29 - Feb 21 by switchingcode

Old news the search by Benham for investment started last year.i expect he’s like me and thinks being in the best league in the world ain't what it’s cracked up to be.😉Whatever happens I will always be grateful for the fantastic times he brought to the club taking us to the Premier league and staying there for 4 seasons.400 million + for a club with a modern stadium in a nice part of London in the PRemier League with zero debts will attract interest hopefully from the right people.

With a capacity of 17,000. Hardly the Emirates.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:47 - Feb 21 with 3200 viewsLandshark

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:13 - Feb 21 by nadera78

Newcastle Utd were sold for £300m and now someone thinks Brentford is worth £400m? Give over.

My uneducated guess is that with Newcastle they were a club with some debt and an owner who ended up pretty desperate to sell due to the backlash from fans. Brentford are in a healthier place financially, are London based and have potential (as much as that pains me to say).

Tony Fernandes purchased our club and at the time it would have been valued around £50 million (he purchased 66% for £35m). That was 13 years ago, a club only just promoted to the Premier League, no training ground and a very old stadium. The way clubs have gone up in value is quite astonishing so it wouldn't be surprising that Brentford could be valued at £400m.

Edit: The recent takeover of Manchester United values them at £4.5 billion. The club was purchased 6 years before Fernandes purchased us for £790 million. United have not really achieved a great deal in those years but have had a HUGE increase in value.
[Post edited 21 Feb 14:55]
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:50 - Feb 21 with 3186 viewskensalriser

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:29 - Feb 21 by switchingcode

I'm sure it would, but that isn't Brentford you've just described.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:58 - Feb 21 with 3135 viewsswitchingcode

This is what the clubs been values by Rothschild’s not Brentford Football club they won’t make much money if an investor isn’t found.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 15:00 - Feb 21 with 3120 viewsWatford_Ranger

Guessing Brentford’s debt is low (no idea really but seems logical). London-ish (not London) location, Toney and one or two others will command big fees so I don’t think it’s that nuts and the sort of nutters who buy football clubs generally aren’t doing so to make huge profits. Not my area of expertise at all but doesn’t seem that wild.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 15:08 - Feb 21 with 3069 viewsswitchingcode

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 15:00 - Feb 21 by Watford_Ranger

Guessing Brentford’s debt is low (no idea really but seems logical). London-ish (not London) location, Toney and one or two others will command big fees so I don’t think it’s that nuts and the sort of nutters who buy football clubs generally aren’t doing so to make huge profits. Not my area of expertise at all but doesn’t seem that wild.

Zero debt made a profit last season if we don’t get relegated this season there is a guaranteed 150 million + for next season and then a further 100 mill in parachute if then relegated.Mad money
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 16:28 - Feb 21 with 2857 viewsnadera78

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:47 - Feb 21 by Landshark

My uneducated guess is that with Newcastle they were a club with some debt and an owner who ended up pretty desperate to sell due to the backlash from fans. Brentford are in a healthier place financially, are London based and have potential (as much as that pains me to say).

Tony Fernandes purchased our club and at the time it would have been valued around £50 million (he purchased 66% for £35m). That was 13 years ago, a club only just promoted to the Premier League, no training ground and a very old stadium. The way clubs have gone up in value is quite astonishing so it wouldn't be surprising that Brentford could be valued at £400m.

Edit: The recent takeover of Manchester United values them at £4.5 billion. The club was purchased 6 years before Fernandes purchased us for £790 million. United have not really achieved a great deal in those years but have had a HUGE increase in value.
[Post edited 21 Feb 14:55]

I don't think Ashley was desperate to sell, he took his time to find a right buyer at the right price. He wasn't interested in throwing his own money in (which is what the Newcastle fans meant when they called for 'investment') to fund transfers and wages but I'm pretty sure he made money whilst owning the club.

Brentford are not worth 10% of Man Utd. The latter is a money-making machine, for the owners, and always will be. The former has had a great few years but what they're doing relies on a never-ending supply of young players they can sell on. We, and lots of other clubs across the history of the game, have operated that model and it always comes undone at some point. Once that happens, whether in 1 year or 10, they go back to being a small club in a small ground with a small fanbase.
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 16:58 - Feb 21 with 2764 viewsSheffieldHoop

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 16:28 - Feb 21 by nadera78

I don't think Ashley was desperate to sell, he took his time to find a right buyer at the right price. He wasn't interested in throwing his own money in (which is what the Newcastle fans meant when they called for 'investment') to fund transfers and wages but I'm pretty sure he made money whilst owning the club.

Brentford are not worth 10% of Man Utd. The latter is a money-making machine, for the owners, and always will be. The former has had a great few years but what they're doing relies on a never-ending supply of young players they can sell on. We, and lots of other clubs across the history of the game, have operated that model and it always comes undone at some point. Once that happens, whether in 1 year or 10, they go back to being a small club in a small ground with a small fanbase.

Is Brentford worth 10% of Chelsea? What did Chelsea sell for?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 17:55 - Feb 21 with 2670 viewsJuzzie

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 16:58 - Feb 21 by SheffieldHoop

Is Brentford worth 10% of Chelsea? What did Chelsea sell for?

£1?
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 18:18 - Feb 21 with 2611 viewsBeejnewark

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 17:55 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

£1?

So, yes
Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 19:26 - Feb 21 with 2445 viewsDorse

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 15:08 - Feb 21 by switchingcode

Zero debt made a profit last season if we don’t get relegated this season there is a guaranteed 150 million + for next season and then a further 100 mill in parachute if then relegated.Mad money

Brand new stadium too. Someone will go for it at that price - I'm ruling myself out as all my money is tied up in Mrs Brown's Boys collectable action figures and Vegan Barbecue restaurants.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 20:07 - Feb 21 with 2364 viewsNortholt_Rs

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 13:48 - Feb 21 by LongsufferingR

A US buyer will probably come in, totally neglect how Benham got them where they are, overspend, get them relegated and back in League One before you know it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 13:58]

Hopefully Tony Fernandes will buy them…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 20:26 - Feb 21 with 2304 viewsnadera78

Benham potentially selling Brentford? on 14:58 - Feb 21 by switchingcode

This is what the clubs been values by Rothschild’s not Brentford Football club they won’t make much money if an investor isn’t found.

No, this is not what Rothschild's has valued the club at. It's what someone (probably connected to Benham) has told a journalist the club is valued at.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024