Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting post by the club 20:45 - Feb 22 with 7348 viewsdavman

No mention that the use of VPNs to use QPR+ is not permitted. Presumably the club want the fans to get a VPN and go to Belgium whenever they can't get to a Saturday 3pm kick off.

Interesting...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Interesting post by the club on 11:36 - Feb 23 with 1869 viewsJuzzie

Interesting post by the club on 10:53 - Feb 23 by Boston

Rotherham or Rotterdam, can't go wrong really☹️

This could be Rotterdam or anywhere, Liverpool or Rome......
Interesting post by the club on 11:51 - Feb 23 with 1844 viewsrobith

Interesting post by the club on 22:55 - Feb 22 by numptydumpty

So I have this NORD VPN already and use it when I can't get to a game to watch the boys

Pay my £10 to QPR +

So will QPR now be able to monitor everyone who uses NORD VPN to access and pay for their match subscription service and block them accordingly thus losing out on their £10 each match

If they do, I will cancel my NORD VPN and go elsewhere.

Have the powers that be thought this one through.

Due diligence and all that !!!!
[Post edited 22 Feb 22:56]

That's.......not how this offer, or indeed VPNs work
Interesting post by the club on 11:52 - Feb 23 with 1842 viewsLandshark

Interesting post by the club on 10:31 - Feb 23 by PlanetHonneywood

I fully appreciate what I'm about to ask will seem dumb and deserved of pelters.

However, if someone wanted to avail themselves of the offer, is the VPN device specific or, account specific and thus, I could use it on different devices, 'probably' not at the same time of course?

And while I'm at it: Mrs PH and I recently took delivery of one of these fancy-TV things; the width of a fag paper, not a cathode-ray tube to be seen, and capable, it seems, of all sorts of wizardry, all of which are beyond us. Thus, if we got a VPN, I understand we need to get a firestick after that, what would we need to do to get TV from all over the place?

To be honest: We'll likely hoik some French teenager off the street to sort, but frankly, the thing is on the wall and the cat looks more likely to work the fcuker, so anyone able to help with some insights will be greatly appreciated.

In advance: many thanks.

NordVpn can be used on 6 devices at the same time. I've got it on my TV, Phone and Laptop.

For your other point, you don't necessarily need a firestick, it just depends what you want to do. For example, if I lived in France and wanted to watch BBC you could just use your TV and download the iPlayer App on that. You then use the VPN which can also be installed on your TV to set your region to the UK. Now, if you wanted to say watch Sky Sports and not have a subscription (if you get what I mean) then you would have to find someone who can give you one of those special Firesticks (or other plug in devices) but I wouldn't know where to get them.
Interesting post by the club on 12:27 - Feb 23 with 1775 viewsMr_Beef

I'm currently with Surfshark and was thinking of going over to Nord when my subscription runs out. Getting on to Now TV when abroad with Surfshark is pretty much impossible, but that may be because i don't have the personalised IP address option added on.

Does anybody who has used Nord and Surfshark have a view on which is better for streaming when abroad?
Interesting post by the club on 12:51 - Feb 23 with 1718 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Interesting post by the club on 11:52 - Feb 23 by Landshark

NordVpn can be used on 6 devices at the same time. I've got it on my TV, Phone and Laptop.

For your other point, you don't necessarily need a firestick, it just depends what you want to do. For example, if I lived in France and wanted to watch BBC you could just use your TV and download the iPlayer App on that. You then use the VPN which can also be installed on your TV to set your region to the UK. Now, if you wanted to say watch Sky Sports and not have a subscription (if you get what I mean) then you would have to find someone who can give you one of those special Firesticks (or other plug in devices) but I wouldn't know where to get them.

Thank you mon ami.

What an early birthday present for Mrs PH, it's what all the girls want.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Interesting post by the club on 17:35 - Feb 23 with 1564 viewsenfieldargh

I use Dashlane password/security manager and £48/year with vpn access thru Hotspot Shield included.

Its meant to be good to use a vpn to buy flights. Base yourself in Algeria or other non mainstream counties and supposedly booking flights online are cheaper.....

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Interesting post by the club on 18:06 - Feb 23 with 1531 viewsLazyFan

I like the idea that QPR+ means the money goes direct to the club rather than those Sky muppets. Especially when they do show us on Sky we always lose.

zzzzzzzzzz

Interesting post by the club on 16:10 - Mar 4 with 1296 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Anyone tried to get this deal?

Each time I hit on the link, it says 'site can't be reached'.... I'm convinced its not my IT incompetence as well.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting post by the club on 16:32 - Mar 4 with 1210 viewsdmm

Interesting post by the club on 10:20 - Feb 23 by kernowhoop

I have about 12 pages of passwords, well hidden away. But, it makes me nervous and I have been tempted to opt for a password manager. I have Nord VPN, so it could be theirs.
What holds me back is a) what do I have to do to set the password manager up and b) how reliable is it? In other words, could I suddenly find that I was unable to access something important and not be able to e.g. pay a bill?
I am old.

I've used a password manager for years. It's not difficult to use but you'll obviously need to put in the details of your online accounts when setting it up. After that, it's just a case of keeping it up to date with any new accounts or changes to existing accounts. The beauty of a password manager is that you only have to remember one password when you access it.
Interesting post by the club on 16:38 - Mar 4 with 1189 viewsconnell10

I don't even know what a VPN is I'm proud to say

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Interesting post by the club on 16:47 - Mar 4 with 1136 viewsLanhoop

Interesting post by the club on 16:10 - Mar 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Anyone tried to get this deal?

Each time I hit on the link, it says 'site can't be reached'.... I'm convinced its not my IT incompetence as well.

This worked for me

https://go.nordvpn.net/aff_c?offer_id=15&aff_id=101418&url_id=902
Interesting post by the club on 17:34 - Mar 4 with 983 viewsFDC

I noticed that Nord was advertised on the W12 podcast, explicitly referring to the fact that you can use it get around geolocked content, which surprised me: I thought we were all supposed to pretend that's not we use VPNs for?
Interesting post by the club on 18:16 - Mar 4 with 920 viewshantssi

Interesting post by the club on 16:38 - Mar 4 by connell10

I don't even know what a VPN is I'm proud to say

Nearest I know is Visible Pantie Line!
Interesting post by the club on 18:53 - Mar 4 with 806 viewshubble

Interesting post by the club on 18:16 - Mar 4 by hantssi

Nearest I know is Visible Pantie Line!

Is that what Sadiq Khan has renamed the Bakerloo?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Interesting post by the club on 19:00 - Mar 4 with 776 viewsBrianWilson

Private VPN is great value for the 3 year deal https://privatevpn.com/prices/pvpndealde

I use it for work and for watching tv/football in different countries.

Nord VPN has a big marketing spend. They seem to be everywhere these days.
[Post edited 4 Mar 19:03]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Interesting post by the club on 19:19 - Mar 4 with 706 viewsJules4367

Re: Presumably the club want the fans to go to Belgium:

Hope this is not a way of setting up a rota for Illias's visitations for the next 12 months?!

Visitor Pin Number or similar?
Interesting post by the club on 04:18 - Mar 5 with 581 viewsFDC

Interesting post by the club on 18:53 - Mar 4 by hubble

Is that what Sadiq Khan has renamed the Bakerloo?

Underrated comment 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024