Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EBay leeches 14:25 - Feb 26 with 2311 viewsNoDiddley

Amazing now that we’ve lost Stan the amount of “signed” items & all sorts of pictures turn up on this site.
Idiots don’t realise he never signed anything for the last possibly 10 years.
Hopefully not QPR fans trying to make a quick buck on someone’s demise.
EBay leeches on 15:03 - Feb 26 with 2181 viewsnumptydumpty

One of my jobs is helping to manage a retro charity shop come community space.

We get vinyl with signatures on and have had such things as framed England shirt from about 2000, signed by the squad.

You can actually locate signatures of famous people online. I was very dubious to the framed England shirt and the signatures were close but I felt you could tell similarities in loops or pen pressure etc as to totally ruling them out.

Should imagine it's a scam that fairly regularly catches people out.

We sold the shirt and vinyls but said we have no knowledge as to whether the signatures are genuine.

That's terrible re products with Stans name on but hardly a surprise. People probably keep a check on obituaries and then randomly seem to be overloaded with autographed merchandise.

Just one of many new ways scammers cheat vulnerable people into parting with their cash.

Disgrace !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

EBay leeches on 15:22 - Feb 26 with 2111 viewsconnell10

I got my Dennis the menace shirt signed by Stan in the club shop , when he was down promoting his book , I think we were playing Doncaster at home. I remember 2 kids staring in the shop window asking each other who he was , to which I interrupted Only the best player to ever wear our shirt!! They followed me in and got Stan,s autograph also!! I'll never sell that shirt but I might wear it next home game! Stan Was The Man RIP.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

EBay leeches on 15:36 - Feb 26 with 2067 viewsdaveB

Years back a mate who we used to drink with before games had his first kid arrive and they named him Stanley, he's probably about 20 now

Anyway saw Stan Bowles in the pub and thought would be good to get him an autograph, told the great man who it was for and he signed from big Stan to Little Stan but only thing I had for him to write on was a first goalscorer betting slip (A losing one) from that days game, it seemed fitting
EBay leeches on 16:23 - Feb 26 with 1958 viewsstowmarketrange

I don’t think I’ll ever sell my gus Caesar signed shirt no matter how much I’m offered.Even if they went up to a whole £1 I’m not selling.
EBay leeches on 16:58 - Feb 26 with 1846 viewsnumptydumpty

Charlie Austin lived in Wokingham near to where I am now, and used the same hairdressers as me and they had an Austin signed rangers shirt that was framed and in their front window to entice the customers.

Think they had a Southampton one signed by Theo Walcott too !!!

Gareth Ainsworth lives in Wokingham too, and is always in one of the coffee shops on a Sunday morning, maybe I will take my shirt in to be signed for good luck reasons !!!!!

Nice stories about Stan.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

EBay leeches on 17:38 - Feb 26 with 1759 viewsJuzzie

Saw a TV program about memorabilia and some bloke had a huge rock collection (signed guitars, signed clothing, signed gold discs, signed magazines etc etc) that cost him tens of thousands of pounds over the years.
He pretty much bought the whole lot off ebay in good faith and did no kind of checking.

Turned out virtually all of it was fake (from lots of different sources) and worthless.

The look on his (and more so his missus') face was quite shocking.

Scamming is bad enough but on the back of someone's recent passing is appalling but these people have no moral compass in any way, none at all.
EBay leeches on 18:13 - Feb 26 with 1679 viewsNoDiddley

EBay leeches on 16:23 - Feb 26 by stowmarketrange

I don’t think I’ll ever sell my gus Caesar signed shirt no matter how much I’m offered.Even if they went up to a whole £1 I’m not selling.

What about your Sinclair Armstrong?🫤
EBay leeches on 18:28 - Feb 26 with 1637 viewsDorse

EBay leeches on 17:38 - Feb 26 by Juzzie

Saw a TV program about memorabilia and some bloke had a huge rock collection (signed guitars, signed clothing, signed gold discs, signed magazines etc etc) that cost him tens of thousands of pounds over the years.
He pretty much bought the whole lot off ebay in good faith and did no kind of checking.

Turned out virtually all of it was fake (from lots of different sources) and worthless.

The look on his (and more so his missus') face was quite shocking.

Scamming is bad enough but on the back of someone's recent passing is appalling but these people have no moral compass in any way, none at all.

Used to know a fella who was a big rock fan (and hopeless wannabe musician) who always rattled on a bout having am Axxis guitar signed by Joe Satriani. A fair bit of good-natured joshing on my part (because this guy was a) scouse and b) a famous flannel merchant) and he turned up one day with this absolute piece of shit guitar with a squiggle on the scratchplate. I was all set to take the piss when he digs out an old photo of him and a young(er) Satch, the guitar and him signing it. To quote Jack Nicholson - well don't I feel like the fcuking asshole.

He ended up selling it and raised about £300 for the local hospice. As he said: 'well, I can't play it and I got to meet Satch, so I've done alright'. Fair play to him. Mind you, the silly sod included the photo in the sale (for provenance) and never even took a copy!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

EBay leeches on 18:34 - Feb 26 with 1615 viewsHantsR

In our greatest ever season, I lived and worked in Kenya,but I bought my Dad a season ticket and he sent me programmes. On one occasion, he spotted Stan outside the ground and got him to sign a programme, which, to my delight, he sent to me. Sadly, when we had to leave Nairobi, Mrs Hants made a bonfire of what sho considered useless, but this included my treasured programme! I think I called her a number of derogatory names including possibly (OP) a leech?
EBay leeches on 18:46 - Feb 26 with 1578 viewsNed_Kennedys

EBay leeches on 18:28 - Feb 26 by Dorse

Used to know a fella who was a big rock fan (and hopeless wannabe musician) who always rattled on a bout having am Axxis guitar signed by Joe Satriani. A fair bit of good-natured joshing on my part (because this guy was a) scouse and b) a famous flannel merchant) and he turned up one day with this absolute piece of shit guitar with a squiggle on the scratchplate. I was all set to take the piss when he digs out an old photo of him and a young(er) Satch, the guitar and him signing it. To quote Jack Nicholson - well don't I feel like the fcuking asshole.

He ended up selling it and raised about £300 for the local hospice. As he said: 'well, I can't play it and I got to meet Satch, so I've done alright'. Fair play to him. Mind you, the silly sod included the photo in the sale (for provenance) and never even took a copy!

A photo of the seller getting the item signed is the only absolute proof of authenticity that counts really. A certificate of authencity unless it’s from a market agreed expert etc can be worthless.

I come across a lot of vinyl sleeves that have signatures on them: when selling them on eBay I will do some investigation online to see if they look similar to the agreed signature of the artist and add my opinion as to whether it looks close or not and leave it up to the bidders to decide. Most of them are clearly not genuine.

A few years back there was a fraudster selling hundreds of ‘signed’ vinyl albums on eBay: no sleeves just the vinyl ALL signed by EVERY member of a band in the same gold pen. He had managed to get most bands you could think of signed: Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Who etc and was getting silly money for clear fakes. Got closed down eventually.
EBay leeches on 19:05 - Feb 26 with 1503 viewsRangersDave

Many years back, Rangers had a pre season friendly against, of all bizarre choices, the Birminham City 'all stars'...... quite frankly i never recognised any on the YamYam's team.

However, my son wore both his Dennis the Menace shirt but swapped it after it got filled by players autographs. He then put on the fabled hoops, and got loads more, Macca's, Gallen's, etc etc, but we didnt know Stan was in the ground.

We Saw Stan signing autographs, finish and started to walk up to the tunnel. I called Stan, he came over and signed my son's shirt, and it was my only time i got that close to my idol. i was tongue tied.

So i have a load of pics i took on SAR, which are treasured.
But time had addled my mind, and i've forgotten the date the match was on. Anyone there that can help?

Oh, and i wonder how much his shirt is worth now.... Macca, Stan, etc on it.

And no, its a cherished item and wont be sold.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

EBay leeches on 19:30 - Feb 26 with 1453 viewsstowmarketrange

EBay leeches on 18:13 - Feb 26 by NoDiddley

What about your Sinclair Armstrong?🫤

I could be tempted if the price is right,but I haven’t got proof that the big A is actually his signature.People might think it’s Adam Ant’s autograph instead.
EBay leeches on 19:36 - Feb 26 with 1430 viewsted_hendrix

EBay leeches on 18:28 - Feb 26 by Dorse

I'm going to a four day guitar and memorabilia auction next week.

The one I went to 3 Months ago had a fair bit of ''known'' musicians gear for sale (Clapton, Strummer, Ted Turner (Wishbone Ash) John Entwistle and daft as It may seem I was bidding but lost out on Peter Green's framed whammy bar. the point is all of the above had confirmed provenance, without It-it is a no go.

Of no interest to me but a few of Deirdre Cartwright''s (Girlschool) guitars and amps are In the auction next week one is a 1964 Fender Stratocaster (estimate £10,000).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

EBay leeches on 21:07 - Feb 26 with 1302 viewsBoston

EBay leeches on 19:05 - Feb 26 by RangersDave

Many years back, Rangers had a pre season friendly against, of all bizarre choices, the Birminham City 'all stars'...... quite frankly i never recognised any on the YamYam's team.

However, my son wore both his Dennis the Menace shirt but swapped it after it got filled by players autographs. He then put on the fabled hoops, and got loads more, Macca's, Gallen's, etc etc, but we didnt know Stan was in the ground.

We Saw Stan signing autographs, finish and started to walk up to the tunnel. I called Stan, he came over and signed my son's shirt, and it was my only time i got that close to my idol. i was tongue tied.

So i have a load of pics i took on SAR, which are treasured.
But time had addled my mind, and i've forgotten the date the match was on. Anyone there that can help?

Oh, and i wonder how much his shirt is worth now.... Macca, Stan, etc on it.

And no, its a cherished item and wont be sold.

FYI Dave, almost irrelevant to us of a London heritage but...'Yam Yams' are the Black Country people. In recent times more often used for residents of Wolverhampton. One of Wolves 'mobs' was named such, forget the big buggers name who fronted them, dumb as rocks though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

EBay leeches on 07:16 - Feb 27 with 1060 viewsGroveR

EBay leeches on 16:23 - Feb 26 by stowmarketrange

I know this isn't true as Caesar couldn't have managed two things as technically challenging as holding a pen and a shirt at the same time and would have wandered off in the wrong direction with his arm up.
EBay leeches on 09:23 - Feb 27 with 941 viewsBexleyHoop

EBay leeches on 21:07 - Feb 26 by Boston

FYI Dave, almost irrelevant to us of a London heritage but...'Yam Yams' are the Black Country people. In recent times more often used for residents of Wolverhampton. One of Wolves 'mobs' was named such, forget the big buggers name who fronted them, dumb as rocks though.

Yam Yam Mob - "Gilly" - Gilroy Shaw
EBay leeches on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 705 viewsRangersRocker

EBay leeches on 19:36 - Feb 26 by ted_hendrix

I'm going to a four day guitar and memorabilia auction next week.

The one I went to 3 Months ago had a fair bit of ''known'' musicians gear for sale (Clapton, Strummer, Ted Turner (Wishbone Ash) John Entwistle and daft as It may seem I was bidding but lost out on Peter Green's framed whammy bar. the point is all of the above had confirmed provenance, without It-it is a no go.

Of no interest to me but a few of Deirdre Cartwright''s (Girlschool) guitars and amps are In the auction next week one is a 1964 Fender Stratocaster (estimate £10,000).

Rockschool not Girlschool 😜
EBay leeches on 19:26 - Feb 27 with 655 viewsted_hendrix

EBay leeches on 17:51 - Feb 27 by RangersRocker

Rockschool not Girlschool 😜

I stand corrected Rockschool.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024