Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear 22:41 - Mar 3 with 4843 viewsJules4367

1. Do NOT punch the ball into the middle of the penalty area
2. Do NOT keep kicking the ball to the extreme edge of the pitch and hoping that Dunne will head it to an R's player- it either goes over his head and gives back possession OR he heads it to an opposing player and it gives back possession - you can see the issue can't you?! (Happy to avoid the passing out from the back all the time but please, you do not have to keep kicking the ball into touch!)
[Post edited 4 Mar 19:11]
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:08 - Mar 4 with 1360 viewsrichpr

Come on - give the guy a break. He doesn't deserve this. Yes, he could have done better with the Leicester goal but.......

1. Probably doesn't earn 32k a week - even if he does, it is not his fault.
2. He has been much less error prone with his distribution since MC tactics. JCS to Begovic, Begovic to Cook, Cook down the line to Dunne
3. Good shot stopper
4. Stays fit
5. Good at catching crosses (except corners when we play 5 or 6 4ft tall players)
6. He doesn't run around flapping his arms blaming everyone else when he/they make a mistake

I think he is the most solid and consistent keeper we've had for years. Dieng was making alot of mistakes before we sold him.

Take a look at all the goalkeeping / playing out mistakes from around the premiership and the championship over the last few weeks and you might start appreciating him more.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:09 - Mar 4 with 1355 viewsTheChef

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:08 - Mar 4 by richpr

Come on - give the guy a break. He doesn't deserve this. Yes, he could have done better with the Leicester goal but.......

1. Probably doesn't earn 32k a week - even if he does, it is not his fault.
2. He has been much less error prone with his distribution since MC tactics. JCS to Begovic, Begovic to Cook, Cook down the line to Dunne
3. Good shot stopper
4. Stays fit
5. Good at catching crosses (except corners when we play 5 or 6 4ft tall players)
6. He doesn't run around flapping his arms blaming everyone else when he/they make a mistake

I think he is the most solid and consistent keeper we've had for years. Dieng was making alot of mistakes before we sold him.

Take a look at all the goalkeeping / playing out mistakes from around the premiership and the championship over the last few weeks and you might start appreciating him more.

Hi Asmir!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:16 - Mar 4 with 1316 viewsdmm

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 07:51 - Mar 4 by ShotKneesHoop

And he's QPR's top earner too - on £32,000 a week - according to internet sources.

If I was Chair, Dunne, Field or Willock, I'd be pretty pissed off with this. See earnings table below.

https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/#google_vignette
[Post edited 4 Mar 7:56]

This stuff is made up for clicks. Players' salaries are not itemised in club accounts. I wouldn't even visit sites that claim to know what players earn.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:37 - Mar 4 with 1259 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:34 - Mar 4 by GaryBannister86

Hi Asmir

Wicked swerve? Check out the numerous youtube videos taken from behind the goal - Roberto Carlos it wasn't.

It was also going the pace of a Kevin Brock dink.

Get back to your £32k a week and Chelsea podcast, mate.

Week after week ,thread after thread you are posting the same rubbish about the Chelsea connections and the way he lets QPR down its become embarrasing now.
Every keeper has days they want the ground to swallow them up yet I can only remember 2 bad goals he let in from corners .
The QPR backline was superb Saturday yet they allowed the ball to be rolled to DH and after the save stood around while Leicester had multiple players ready to fire the rebound home .
Enough blame to go around on that goal but our Keeper is ever present and the first name on the team sheet
Look at every second thread its about Marti and his excellent coaching .Do you think he would still have Begovic as our keeper /captain if he thought he was a liability .
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:42 - Mar 4 with 1245 viewsessextaxiboy

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 10:23 - Mar 4 by Jules4367

Glad I didn’t disappoint😁
So you either
1. Like what he keeps doing and giving the ball back to the opposition or
2. Just wait for my comments and have no opinion yourself .

I was there, I was making as much noise , two of us started the Stan-key chant at 3.10 and I’ve supported the Rs for nearly 65 years now so have seen a lot of football!

This is a forum to make comment and discuss things - you might not agree but if he gave the ball away and they scored a second would you have still have defended him!

Yes I may be an OP in your opinion and you are as entitled to voice that opinion as I am mine !

Giving the ball back to the opposition is totally against Marti’s ethos and Begovic will be gone at the end of the season👏😁👍 but ……

I’ll still be here so see you soon 🎈🎈🎈

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-plotting-summer-transfer-swoop-for-nigeria
[Post edited 4 Mar 10:25]

It’s not my opinion that you are OP .. it’s fact
It means “original poster “
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:01 - Mar 4 with 1191 viewsGaryBannister86

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:37 - Mar 4 by CLAREMAN1995

Week after week ,thread after thread you are posting the same rubbish about the Chelsea connections and the way he lets QPR down its become embarrasing now.
Every keeper has days they want the ground to swallow them up yet I can only remember 2 bad goals he let in from corners .
The QPR backline was superb Saturday yet they allowed the ball to be rolled to DH and after the save stood around while Leicester had multiple players ready to fire the rebound home .
Enough blame to go around on that goal but our Keeper is ever present and the first name on the team sheet
Look at every second thread its about Marti and his excellent coaching .Do you think he would still have Begovic as our keeper /captain if he thought he was a liability .

You say its rubbish - I say your opinion is rubbish. Fawning over a bang average mercenary who doesn't - and won't - give QPR a second thought at the end of the season.

I went to Leicester, and he nearly ballsed up the entire day. So yeah, I will have a go at him.

Of course Marti picks him - he's hardly going to throw Walsh in at this stage is he?

11 games to go of him.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:10 - Mar 4 with 1150 viewsDannyPaddox

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:42 - Mar 4 by essextaxiboy

Onerous Pifflemaster. Shirley.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:13 - Mar 4 with 1133 viewsJules4367

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 12:42 - Mar 4 by essextaxiboy

My apologies (and I mean that!)

- I thought it meant 'Old Phart!' - which I what I am used to being called!
(and for a lot of time am and do!) (I see Onerous Pifflemaster is another option!)

(So many acronyms and abbreviations its like when someone says "Grandma's dead LOL" and meaning 'lots of love' without realising it's true meaning! (No I didn't do this!)

so thanks for the eye opening!

I still don't like what Begovic is doing but if he pulls off a save that keeps us up I will most certainly give credit where it is due! I just don't like his approach!

I was however, more p-----d off with the ref as he seemed to be giving them the free kicks for 'fouls' for similar tackles that we were being subjected to!. I didn't think it was a free kick but hey, i am old!
[Post edited 4 Mar 13:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:20 - Mar 4 with 1110 viewsJules4367

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:55 - Mar 4 by hoops_legend

Love how much flack keepers get in football. As someone who used to play in goal I understand the difficulties. Mistakes happen and when a keeper does one it’s huge

Personally I think he’s done ok with the odd blooper
In him. The same criticism was made of Dieng, Green etc

I want a younger keeper for next season but I think he hasn’t done a bad job for us by any stretch of
The imagination

If you were comparing to our outfield players, they have missed many opportunities or made a defensive slip up at times this season so he hasn’t been worse than others

This is an interesting insight, if true
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-plotting-summer-transfer-swoop-for-nigeria
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:28 - Mar 4 with 1082 viewsdmm

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:10 - Mar 4 by DannyPaddox

Omnivorous Predator
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:55 - Mar 4 with 1033 viewsDannyPaddox

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:28 - Mar 4 by dmm

Omnivorous Predator

Niice!
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 14:22 - Mar 4 with 959 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Not a fan but the thing I really don't understand is how he loves Chelsea so much when he only played NINETEEN matches for them. I mean, I hate 'JT' as much as the next man but at least his career was solely associated with them and he played hundreds of matches for them. Begovic will probably end the season having played twice as many matches for us!
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 14:35 - Mar 4 with 926 viewsEsox_Lucius

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:10 - Mar 4 by DannyPaddox

Omnipotent Prophet

The grass is always greener.

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 14:49 - Mar 4 with 898 viewsTheChef

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 14:22 - Mar 4 by Wegerles_Stairs

Not a fan but the thing I really don't understand is how he loves Chelsea so much when he only played NINETEEN matches for them. I mean, I hate 'JT' as much as the next man but at least his career was solely associated with them and he played hundreds of matches for them. Begovic will probably end the season having played twice as many matches for us!

Those bills aren't going to pay themselves.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:03 - Mar 4 with 875 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 07:51 - Mar 4 by ShotKneesHoop

And he's QPR's top earner too - on £32,000 a week - according to internet sources.

If I was Chair, Dunne, Field or Willock, I'd be pretty pissed off with this. See earnings table below.

https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/#google_vignette
[Post edited 4 Mar 7:56]

According to internet sources drinking water is bad for you, Ilias Chair is in prison, the Earth is flat and you can use an onion to charge your phone.

Nobody at QPR is earning anywhere near £32k, let alone players signed last summer when we had our noses touching the FFP wall.

Spreading this sort of stuff doesn't help anyone or anything. People will take it as fact and regurgitate it and before you know it he's getting dogs abuse for not earning his £32k every week. See this very thread after your post as proof.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:13 - Mar 4 with 838 viewsSuperhoops2808

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:43 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

I think it's time people get fined for posting nonsense like this.
He is not on 32k per week.

But its on the Internet Antti

It MUST be true
[Post edited 4 Mar 15:58]
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:16 - Mar 4 with 828 viewsSuperhoops2808

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 13:01 - Mar 4 by GaryBannister86

You say its rubbish - I say your opinion is rubbish. Fawning over a bang average mercenary who doesn't - and won't - give QPR a second thought at the end of the season.

I went to Leicester, and he nearly ballsed up the entire day. So yeah, I will have a go at him.

Of course Marti picks him - he's hardly going to throw Walsh in at this stage is he?

11 games to go of him.

You need to go back and read some of the posts

What is true is that no one is 'fawning' over him

and also what is true is that at every opportunity you have been slating him, accompanied with the Chelsea reference

He has made some really good saves this season that have won us points. Perhaps reflect on that and give an unslanted opinion
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:30 - Mar 4 with 803 viewsnumptydumpty

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 14:35 - Mar 4 by Esox_Lucius

Omnipotent Prophet

Outrageously Prepubescent !!

Onerously Premature !!

Overrated Pesticide !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:34 - Mar 4 with 792 viewsnumptydumpty

Easy to pick out goalkeepers

Was a bad mistake but the saves are never remembered as it's said they just doing their job.

Can't see him being here next season, but still currently unchallenged in goal.

Possibly our weakest position on the pitch ie no cover also.

Begovic is not a modern keeper though, the passing skills are lacking.

If Marti here next season, I expect him to bring in two decent keepers on the cheap and possibly get rid of all of our current stable..

If we are paying 32k a week for a keeper on the decline, we heading for the knackers yard. Can't believe that for one second, otherwise we would have brought in two reasonable journeyman keepers with some potential.
[Post edited 4 Mar 15:36]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:41 - Mar 4 with 773 viewskensalriser

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:13 - Mar 4 by Superhoops2808

But its on the Internet Antti

It MUST be true
[Post edited 4 Mar 15:58]

Here's what I found on the internet.

QPR have conceded the fourth fewest goals outside the top six and scored the fewest goals outside the bottom three, suggesting that QPR's problems are much more about scoring than conceding.

Can't be true though because the keeper's a liability Chelsea shitcnt.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:46 - Mar 4 with 750 viewsGaryBannister86

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:16 - Mar 4 by Superhoops2808

You need to go back and read some of the posts

What is true is that no one is 'fawning' over him

and also what is true is that at every opportunity you have been slating him, accompanied with the Chelsea reference

He has made some really good saves this season that have won us points. Perhaps reflect on that and give an unslanted opinion

OK, I don't like the guy, fair enough. I am not normally an anti-Chelsea nutter these days but it does bother me intensely that the captain of our football club goes on to podcasts and the radio to talk about Chelsea. That, coupled with the fact that he is clearly here in the sunset of his career, does not give him any free passes with me. The final straw was the tweets flogging gear (yes, I know he wouldn't have posted himself, but that is a lame excuse) shortly after flapping one in the net at Millwall.

Let's put that to one side and look at his keeping as a whole. He has won us a couple of games with excellent saves - fair play, but isn't that like saying Lyndon has won us a couple by scoring goals? ie....minimum expectations?

What I see is that he is an average keeper, incapable of playing Marti's game. He has been brilliantly protected recently by Cook and JCS. How anyone can look at the Leicester goal and not blame him for it, I don't understand. It was literally the only thing he had to do all game, believe it or not. Apart from a couple of long kicks, one of which he shanked out of play to put us under pressure right at the end.

Fawning was a naughty word to use, apologies. My point is that I think Begovic gets less stick because he played so many games in the top flight - must be a good keeper, right? I thought he was pony in the top flight so I don't get it. Seny used to get abuse on here for any slight error but when Begovic makes a rick, its because the free kick was swerving wickedly, or that the defence didn't react properly.

Look, I know its a game of opinions. I thought Dykes was superb at Leicester, yet I read on here that his cross was something a 5 year old could do. I know loads think he is rubbish, I think his all-round game adds so much. And the "always on his heels" a load of nonsense. But I know that puts me in a minority.

I don't like keepers as a rule, but do prefer it when they are "ours" and we are developing them. I liked Seny a lot, thought he suffered being behind a bunch of jokers myself in his last season. Shame, because he would have been perfect for Marti. Maybe Walsh will be.

I hope Asmir keeps us up thanks to a storming last 11 games, of course I do. I may even then give him a clap.

But I take the point, will stop banging on about him. He just annoys me so much, that's all.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:48 - Mar 4 with 738 viewsSuperhoops2808

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 15:46 - Mar 4 by GaryBannister86

OK, I don't like the guy, fair enough. I am not normally an anti-Chelsea nutter these days but it does bother me intensely that the captain of our football club goes on to podcasts and the radio to talk about Chelsea. That, coupled with the fact that he is clearly here in the sunset of his career, does not give him any free passes with me. The final straw was the tweets flogging gear (yes, I know he wouldn't have posted himself, but that is a lame excuse) shortly after flapping one in the net at Millwall.

Let's put that to one side and look at his keeping as a whole. He has won us a couple of games with excellent saves - fair play, but isn't that like saying Lyndon has won us a couple by scoring goals? ie....minimum expectations?

What I see is that he is an average keeper, incapable of playing Marti's game. He has been brilliantly protected recently by Cook and JCS. How anyone can look at the Leicester goal and not blame him for it, I don't understand. It was literally the only thing he had to do all game, believe it or not. Apart from a couple of long kicks, one of which he shanked out of play to put us under pressure right at the end.

Fawning was a naughty word to use, apologies. My point is that I think Begovic gets less stick because he played so many games in the top flight - must be a good keeper, right? I thought he was pony in the top flight so I don't get it. Seny used to get abuse on here for any slight error but when Begovic makes a rick, its because the free kick was swerving wickedly, or that the defence didn't react properly.

Look, I know its a game of opinions. I thought Dykes was superb at Leicester, yet I read on here that his cross was something a 5 year old could do. I know loads think he is rubbish, I think his all-round game adds so much. And the "always on his heels" a load of nonsense. But I know that puts me in a minority.

I don't like keepers as a rule, but do prefer it when they are "ours" and we are developing them. I liked Seny a lot, thought he suffered being behind a bunch of jokers myself in his last season. Shame, because he would have been perfect for Marti. Maybe Walsh will be.

I hope Asmir keeps us up thanks to a storming last 11 games, of course I do. I may even then give him a clap.

But I take the point, will stop banging on about him. He just annoys me so much, that's all.

Honest post, fair play and thank you
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 16:22 - Mar 4 with 686 viewsRangersw12

Can't see him being on 32k a week but with Hoos doing the contracts you never know .

He's poor and we could have got a far cheaper and younger keeper but as usual decided on a name .

Hopefully he will go in summer and we can forget his time with us never happened
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 17:26 - Mar 4 with 582 viewsJuzzie

Got no problems with people's opinions of players but what I find odd is when threads (and there's been a few) where people are addressing someone at the club direct (who may never read this Forum and are 99.9999999999999% unlikely to reply even if they do) or asking other people to have a word with a player/manager/DoF/CEO/owner and so on. Can you just not do it yourself?
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 18:04 - Mar 4 with 512 viewsDannyPaddox

Ostrogoth Perpilocutionist
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024