Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United 20:45 - Mar 4 with 5954 viewsloftboy

Getting their arses handed to them on a plate.
Seriously what’s the point in a competition that s not competitive?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sheffield United on 10:23 - Mar 5 with 2088 viewsNorthernr

Sheffield United on 09:45 - Mar 5 by terryb

Perhaps Rangers not offering him a new contract might have had something to do with him leaving?

QPR made him a reasonable offer. He was absolutely certain he was going to Fulham. They got promoted and adjusted their sights. He was too proud to come back and accept our offer, ended up going to Forest on less money. Or so the story goes.
Sheffield United on 10:31 - Mar 5 with 2024 viewsnix

Sheffield United on 10:23 - Mar 5 by Northernr

QPR made him a reasonable offer. He was absolutely certain he was going to Fulham. They got promoted and adjusted their sights. He was too proud to come back and accept our offer, ended up going to Forest on less money. Or so the story goes.

Oh I hope that's true.

I just got pee'd off with him sounding off how easy it was going to be to beat us when we went up to play them. Not cool about your old club, especially when they paid you for years and you were only able to play for about one season.
Sheffield United on 10:34 - Mar 5 with 2003 viewsGaryBannister86

Sheffield United on 09:45 - Mar 5 by Antti_Heinola

Wilder had a great run, but he's been getting away with murder for years now. His 'honest' press conferences are essentially him washing his hands of responsibility, but the bloke must have won about 4 games in 3 years.
The gap isn't that big, Sheff U are just having a terrible season, having come up and sold players and started the season with a worse team than they had last year. Luton are showing how you can be competitive and I think last season all the promoted teams stayed up? Wilder was taking them down 2 years ago, so they sacked him, someone else got them up, then they sacked him and brought back the bloke who started the rot in the first place.

You are right about Wilder, a busted flush, and not quite sure he was ever that flush in the first place.

I think the gap is bigger than you say though - best the promoted clubs can offer is Luton being "competitive" - ie not getting slaughtered every week.

To think that under El Tel first year we got promoted we finished fifth. Extraordinary.
Sheffield United on 10:39 - Mar 5 with 1976 viewsfrancisbowles

Sheffield United on 10:05 - Mar 5 by Antti_Heinola

That's like saying 'credit me for covering up my turd with a tissue after I've just shat on my own bed'

Yes but at least he managed to partially stem the flow😂
Sheffield United on 10:58 - Mar 5 with 1860 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sheffield United on 11:23 - Mar 5 with 1782 viewsNorthantsHoop

I didn't think Sheffield United were that great last season but got over the line in automatic promotion. Always look a Championship team to me even when they go up. I thought Burnley would have given it more of a go but again look out of their depth. Out of the three promoted teams Luton are giving it a decent try at surviving and hope they get to stay up but the difference between the haves and the have nots is widening at the bottom of the Premier league and that has spread into the top of the Championship as well.
Sheffield United on 11:50 - Mar 5 with 1638 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sheffield United on 11:23 - Mar 5 by NorthantsHoop

I didn't think Sheffield United were that great last season but got over the line in automatic promotion. Always look a Championship team to me even when they go up. I thought Burnley would have given it more of a go but again look out of their depth. Out of the three promoted teams Luton are giving it a decent try at surviving and hope they get to stay up but the difference between the haves and the have nots is widening at the bottom of the Premier league and that has spread into the top of the Championship as well.

If Vincent Kompany was British he'd have been sacked 3 months ago. They have been appalling and he's totally getting away with it because, admittedly, he seems like a lovely sort and was a fine player.

Bare bones.

Sheffield United on 12:13 - Mar 5 with 1544 viewsdaveB

Sheffield United on 11:50 - Mar 5 by Antti_Heinola

If Vincent Kompany was British he'd have been sacked 3 months ago. They have been appalling and he's totally getting away with it because, admittedly, he seems like a lovely sort and was a fine player.

Burnley have been dreadful as well, at some point this season he needs to work out it might help if they are hard to beat rather than trying to play like Man City, play their football in the oppositions half rather than have your goalkeeper 40 yards from goal trying drag backs and being your playmaker.

Watched them on Sunday and they were so easy to beat
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United on 12:17 - Mar 5 with 1536 viewskensalriser

Sheffield United on 12:13 - Mar 5 by daveB

Burnley have been dreadful as well, at some point this season he needs to work out it might help if they are hard to beat rather than trying to play like Man City, play their football in the oppositions half rather than have your goalkeeper 40 yards from goal trying drag backs and being your playmaker.

Watched them on Sunday and they were so easy to beat

Even we beat them at their place last year, how on earth did they expect to stay up?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sheffield United on 12:25 - Mar 5 with 1488 viewstraininvain

Sheff Utd were awful but Arsenal look a real handful. Fifth time this year they’ve scored 4+ goals in a game and three 5+ goal wins away from home in a row in the Premiership.
Sheffield United on 12:37 - Mar 5 with 1435 viewsCamberleyR

Sheffield United on 12:25 - Mar 5 by traininvain

Sheff Utd were awful but Arsenal look a real handful. Fifth time this year they’ve scored 4+ goals in a game and three 5+ goal wins away from home in a row in the Premiership.

Exactly, a few weeks ago they scored six away at West Ham as well who are a decent team.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sheffield United on 12:46 - Mar 5 with 1394 viewsterryb

Sheffield United on 10:23 - Mar 5 by Northernr

Cheers Clive.

I'm sure I've read in the past that we didn't offer him a new contract as we couldn't afford to keep him!

I won't be making this mistake again? There will be others though!
Sheffield United on 13:43 - Mar 5 with 1225 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sheffield United on 12:25 - Mar 5 by traininvain

After last years implosion when they gagged away the PL its very impressive what Arsenal are doing and could really win it all.
As much as I hate to admit this but Declan Rice was a superb signing and turning into a incredible player under MA.
Getting amoung the goals now too another weapon for England also
Sheffield United on 13:53 - Mar 5 with 1178 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sheffield United on 07:36 - Mar 5 by hamptonhillhoop

The promoted teams from last year have won a combined total of 11 games out of 80 this season, with 56 defeats. Great fun

Whereas in the 1970s and 1980s, you had stylish, competitive, well-coached clubs like ourselves, Watford and Forest coming up from the second tier and having a tilt at the title/top places. And people wonder why I'm nostalgic or 'old-fashioned'! Give me 'old-fashioned' any day! The game's lost its soul, so what I make sure of is I don't lose mine.
[Post edited 5 Mar 13:55]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Sheffield United on 15:05 - Mar 5 with 1003 viewsderbyhoop

United's situation wasn't helped by getting rid of 2 of their best players from.last season. Sancta Berg was one. Forgotten the other.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sheffield United on 15:10 - Mar 5 with 997 viewsMaggsinho

Sheffield United on 15:05 - Mar 5 by derbyhoop

United's situation wasn't helped by getting rid of 2 of their best players from.last season. Sancta Berg was one. Forgotten the other.

Iliman Ndiaye. Now at Marseille.
Sheffield United on 15:11 - Mar 5 with 989 viewsBoston

Sheffield United on 15:05 - Mar 5 by derbyhoop

Blunted Blades just can't cut it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sheffield United on 15:16 - Mar 5 with 975 viewsBeejnewark

Should only get parachute payments if you get more than 30 points. That'd make the last 10 games lively.
Sheffield United on 17:06 - Mar 5 with 788 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sheffield United on 21:33 - Mar 4 by paulparker

On a side note how lucky are Everton ?
Not only are they always given a home banker win to retain their premier league status but they are docked points and will still comfortably stay up due to the absolute dross of sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton

Well the points deduction needed to be reduced as Luton were a bit too close to them: nice little gap now.
And the authorities will leave their next points deduction until close to the end of the season so they can make sure it’s small enough to make no difference. Think Forest will get a similar non consequential deduction as well.
Sheffield United on 17:33 - Mar 5 with 731 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sheffield United on 15:11 - Mar 5 by Boston

Blunted Blades just can't cut it.

I'd like to your lot get 30 points in the Prem.... and in the same season....oh hang on, i see what you mean!
[Post edited 6 Mar 1:08]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sheffield United on 18:30 - Mar 5 with 622 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sheffield United on 11:50 - Mar 5 by Antti_Heinola

Dubious racial/racist point to say the least, completely unbacked by evidence, and not what I come here for.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024