Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread 10:43 - Mar 30 with 34878 viewsMonkey_Roots

Having spent an okay’ish season with QPR, lazy, lumbering Lowe will only be too aware of how returning players are want to punish the R’s, and break the hearts and minds of the fans.

How it normally happens, is the player will spend 90 mins against QPR doing the exact opposite of what they did playing for QPR, just to really invoke froth and anger from the fans. So, expect a crazed unstoppable lunatic sprinting around, sacrificing any available body part to get the ball, tears rolling down his cheeks as he lines up for something he truly cares about… this will, of course, be the Jamal Lowe that faces QPR on Monday.

He’s done well this year for Swansea, a good return for goals and assists… and, maybe crucially, he has just scored against the Owls, so may have got it out of his system a game too soon.

Let’s hope so.

I’m going for a wild away win 0-3.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:19 - Apr 1 with 2379 viewsBerkoRanger

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:12 - Apr 1 by Gloucs_R

Not yet in my opinion. Lose against Plymouth and Wednesday and we would be right back in the 💩

I agree Gloucs. Think we need two more wins - but great result today.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:20 - Apr 1 with 2367 viewsGloucs_R

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:19 - Apr 1 by GaryT

Our form over the last 8 matches.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/form-guide/eight

It's a beautiful thing.

I just read that if Marti had been with us all season we would currently be 9th.

Poll: Are we staying up?

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:20 - Apr 1 with 2360 viewskensalriser

Not yet in my opinion. Lose against Plymouth and Wednesday and we would be right back in the 💩

Chip pisser!

We've lost one in the last eight, we're not going to lose two in a row against two of the poorest sides in the division.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:21 - Apr 1 with 2346 viewsbosh67

Still have to keep the foot on the accelerator against Weds next week. I think of we can turn them over that we are pretty much there. But of course we will beat Leeds and Coventry anyway because that's what we do.

Meanwhile, praise by to Marti and his staff. I have been as guilty as anyone in not thinking this group were fit to stay up and it just shows what a very good coach can do and what such a coach can do for the player's belief. He's also solved the strikers problem by coaching the defence to score them all!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:22 - Apr 1 with 2320 viewscheeseydane

If there was a game for Paal to miss, it was today. Fox came in after god knows how long on the bench and was excellent defensively.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:23 - Apr 1 with 2260 viewsRangersw12

Brilliant result

Thought the back 4 and Begovic were excellent

One more win should do it

You Rssss
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:24 - Apr 1 with 2252 viewsted_hendrix

With our Manager and our players we are safe.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:24 - Apr 1 with 2230 viewsGloucs_R

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:20 - Apr 1 by kensalriser

Chip pisser!

We've lost one in the last eight, we're not going to lose two in a row against two of the poorest sides in the division.

You know that is the most QPR thing ever though don't you.... 🤣

Login to get fewer ads

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:24 - Apr 1 with 2222 viewsHoopsie

All 5 wins by one goal margin

Goal difference of +3

Last 3 scorers Cook, Dunne and Field

Still lots of work to be done on our attacking, if we get that going the sky is not the limit!

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:25 - Apr 1 with 2176 viewsted_hendrix

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:24 - Apr 1 by Gloucs_R

You know that is the most QPR thing ever though don't you.... 🤣

Do cheer up.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:27 - Apr 1 with 2109 viewsGloucs_R

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:25 - Apr 1 by ted_hendrix

Do cheer up.

I'm a pig in 💩 tonight mate but I am also the eternal pessimist when it comes to US based on the last few seasons I'm afraid.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:31 - Apr 1 with 1999 viewsPunteR

Missed the first half but caught the 2nd. frustrating 15- 20 minutes into it . Just nothing stuck to Armstrong , passing sloppy, couldn't pick up the 2nd balls and Swansea dominated. Anderson and Hayden made a massive difference when they came on , then to add Willock and we just rapidly grew into the game. (Lets not talk about Frey)

The Cookie monster done it again. What a player he's been for us. Our defence has been immense. Fox done a sterling job at LB.
If we stay up this season the only positions id be looking to change straight away is our forward line but other than that , i actually quite like this team.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:31 - Apr 1 with 1990 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree. The moment we start thinking it’s over is the danger time - look at Millwall. Three wins under Harris and they thought they’d cracked it, now below us and they’ll be bricking it again. Get two more wins, then I’ll relax.

Bare bones.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:33 - Apr 1 with 1948 viewsAntti_Heinola

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:20 - Apr 1 by kensalriser

Chip pisser!

AAAAARRRGHHHHHHH SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!
😁

Bare bones.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:35 - Apr 1 with 1901 viewsted_hendrix

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:27 - Apr 1 by Gloucs_R

I'm a pig in 💩 tonight mate but I am also the eternal pessimist when it comes to US based on the last few seasons I'm afraid.

I'm a bigger pessimist than anyone but well put It this way I've seen more than enough of our players and more Importantly our Manager to know (if that's the right word) that we'll be okay.
Honestly just going back to the Brum game there's a belief In this squad now that wasn't there last season or when GA was In charge. 0-1 down at home to a rival but we kept at It and won the game.
Basically we're getting better bit by bit.
That's how I see It anyway.
Be lucky.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:38 - Apr 1 with 1812 viewsstevec

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:20 - Apr 1 by Gloucs_R

I just read that if Marti had been with us all season we would currently be 9th.

Another great result. Am I right in thinking that Dunne, Cook, Paal and JCS have scored as many league goals combined as their forward counterparts Dykes, Sincs, Frey and Kelman ?

Penalty takers aside, I imagine that would that be a first in pro football.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:41 - Apr 1 with 1743 viewsBluce_Ree

6 points clear. I believe but I'm not letting myself believe. We're still in a battle. But, this weekend has been an Easter miracle.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:47 - Apr 1 with 1647 viewsBurnleyhoop

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:08 - Apr 1 by strikerace

For me the biggest difference in us is the defending. In the past we would have lost this 1-3. Marti has done a tremendous job improving this. Remember how bad we were with GA, seems like a long time ago now.

Well, it’s certainly not the strikers. Now need the centre halves and full backs to score the goals.

Great result, but it was again Cooke and Salter carrying the load. Let’s be honest, our strikers are shocking and two of them need off loading in the summer.

Still, job done and another massive game to come next week. Safety in sight.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:50 - Apr 1 with 1596 viewstraininvain

We’re becoming a very difficult team to beat- only lost two games out of the last 12 and the last time we lost by more than a goal was Millwall away on Boxing Day.

The flip-side is that we still don’t score many goals and rarely win by more than one but that’s something to address over the summer in terms of our centre forward options.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:51 - Apr 1 with 1580 viewsLogman

Well done Marti (and the lads). Got a bit lucky but its about time that we had a manager with a lucky charm after the wretched luck that we had under the previous two managers. Just hope the owners learn this time not to sell us short in the summer and ensure that we have 20 capable Championship players going into season 2024/25 and not after Jan 31 2025.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:51 - Apr 1 with 1580 viewsGloucs_R

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:41 - Apr 1 by Bluce_Ree

6 points clear. I believe but I'm not letting myself believe. We're still in a battle. But, this weekend has been an Easter miracle.

Well they say that Jesus saves but this weekend it was mainly Asmir.... who funnily enough was also at the end of the cross.....

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:52 - Apr 1 with 1536 viewsMatch82

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:41 - Apr 1 by Bluce_Ree

I'd have been over the moon with 4 points, 6 points and a bunch of teams around us dropping points it's an Easter miracle. What a week.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 17:59 - Apr 1 with 1400 viewsQPRcounsellor

Last 3 managers!
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 18:02 - Apr 1 with 1355 viewsQPROslo

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 16:04 - Apr 1 by aston_hoop

Armstrong is coming on, presumably for Dykes

Edit - no! Hodge is off!
[Post edited 1 Apr 16:04]

Hodge looked so slow. Good sub.
High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 18:05 - Apr 1 with 1309 viewsQPROslo

High noon for Lowe and co… a QPR match thread on 16:04 - Apr 1 by Burnleyhoop

Larkeche getting a bit of a roasting down that left hand side, needs some support or that’s where their goal is likely to come from.

Harsh. It's difficult to move quick in the middle of the Bench.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024