Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: 08:00 - Apr 7 with 1600 viewsHammersmithR

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/stats/_/id/334/queens-park-rangers
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 09:40 - Apr 7 with 1472 viewsSK_hoops

Mitrovic got nine more goals himself a couple of seasons back.
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 09:51 - Apr 7 with 1440 viewsNortholt_Rs

Yep, this team is totally toothless. We have a poor L1 strike force in Dykes, Armstrong and Frey - easily the worst strikers in the Championship. Our leading scorer is Chair with a puny 5 goals in 39 games…. Dykes has 4 goals in 36 games and Armstrong has 3 goals in 34 games. How did those running our football club allow us to start the season with Dykes and Armstrong as our strikers? It was always going to be a relegation fight….I just can’t understand their thinking. It will be a miracle if Cifuentes manages to keep this team in the Championship. Whole team bottled it in a must win/don’t lose 6-pointer yet again yesterday and Marti got the line up horribly wrong which played into Weds hands. Truly abysmal all of them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 10:11 - Apr 7 with 1400 viewsstevec

Those ITK say Kenneth Paal has been told not to venture anywhere near the oppositions penalty area to avoid any further embarrassment for our forwards.
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 10:11 - Apr 7 with 1407 viewsMalintabuk

At the ground yesterday I didn't think we bottled it as such. For me it was more Wednesday being better. They are only a couple places behind us in the form table and is showed.
Not often Marti gets it wrong but he did yesterday, but still think if he keeps us up he will have done an incredible job.
But fully agree about our non strikers. I don't think at anytime of my supporting the club, that it as been so bad.
On another thread someone mentioned not playing any of them and I would give it a go.
Pack the midfield and play Andersen or even Willock as a false 9.
[Post edited 7 Apr 10:13]
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 13:07 - Apr 7 with 1258 viewsDamo1962

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 10:11 - Apr 7 by Malintabuk

At the ground yesterday I didn't think we bottled it as such. For me it was more Wednesday being better. They are only a couple places behind us in the form table and is showed.
Not often Marti gets it wrong but he did yesterday, but still think if he keeps us up he will have done an incredible job.
But fully agree about our non strikers. I don't think at anytime of my supporting the club, that it as been so bad.
On another thread someone mentioned not playing any of them and I would give it a go.
Pack the midfield and play Andersen or even Willock as a false 9.
[Post edited 7 Apr 10:13]

I like this idea too🤔😎
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 15:52 - Apr 7 with 1131 viewsLandshark

The thing I don't understand with Dykes is, it's the Euros this summer so I would have thought he would be trying extra hard to score in order to get into the team. It shows how bad Scotland are that he can still get in the squad. I've been a fan of Dykes but I'm starting to come around to the general consensus that he's just not very good for us.
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 17:20 - Apr 7 with 1018 viewsted_hendrix

Those numbers aren't just embarrassing there appalling, where the effing hell do we do our scouting Home bloody base? FFS.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 18:17 - Apr 7 with 943 viewsPaddyhoops

We’re turning up knowing our main striker has a one in eight or so chances of scoring .
Pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 18:53 - Apr 7 with 903 viewsDorse

Two words: Jimmy Dunne.

Come on, we might as well.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 19:17 - Apr 7 with 867 viewsE17hoop

Look at half a dozen teams in the bottom half of the table and they're the same. Best striker in a lower half team is Sammie Szmodics with 23 and only a handful of players have double figures:
Ugbo
Keane
Stansfield

Plymouth stand out because they have good goalscorers in Whittaker and Hardie but that was near the start of the season and have fallen off a cliff.

In absolute terms, our strikers aren't great; in relative terms, they're not so bad when we look at people around us.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 19:36 - Apr 7 with 837 viewsLoyalitat

Should we stay up this season, which I believe we will, can the club contact Mark Robins at Coventry to enquire and learn how he has managed to have a ridiculous success rate with strikers and attacking midfielders at this level and on a budget that was lower than ours for a number of years.

We bought Dykes for £2million. Roughly at the same time, he forked out less than that for Hamer and Gyokeres. Within three years they have got the best part of £35 million by way of a return on an initial outlay that was less than what we paid for Dykes. He's since got Simms and Wright scoring regularly after difficult starts at Coventry. To the point that I wouldn't bet against both of them getting 20 league goals before the end of the season.

Even their back-up striker, Matt Godden has 6 league goals, just one fewer than Dykes & Sinclair. Godden has managed 9 goals in total. He signed at the start of the season an attacking midfielder: Sakamoto who had scored 7 league goals before injury; O'Hare has 7.

With an eye already on next season, they signed in January, the promising attacking talent from Peterborough: Mason-Clark and loaned him back for the rest of the current season. Coventry might miss out on the play-offs this year, but they are building impressively for a realistic launch next season under the stewardship of the excellent Mark Robins.
[Post edited 7 Apr 19:56]
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 20:40 - Apr 7 with 727 viewsLandshark

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 19:36 - Apr 7 by Loyalitat

Should we stay up this season, which I believe we will, can the club contact Mark Robins at Coventry to enquire and learn how he has managed to have a ridiculous success rate with strikers and attacking midfielders at this level and on a budget that was lower than ours for a number of years.

We bought Dykes for £2million. Roughly at the same time, he forked out less than that for Hamer and Gyokeres. Within three years they have got the best part of £35 million by way of a return on an initial outlay that was less than what we paid for Dykes. He's since got Simms and Wright scoring regularly after difficult starts at Coventry. To the point that I wouldn't bet against both of them getting 20 league goals before the end of the season.

Even their back-up striker, Matt Godden has 6 league goals, just one fewer than Dykes & Sinclair. Godden has managed 9 goals in total. He signed at the start of the season an attacking midfielder: Sakamoto who had scored 7 league goals before injury; O'Hare has 7.

With an eye already on next season, they signed in January, the promising attacking talent from Peterborough: Mason-Clark and loaned him back for the rest of the current season. Coventry might miss out on the play-offs this year, but they are building impressively for a realistic launch next season under the stewardship of the excellent Mark Robins.
[Post edited 7 Apr 19:56]

Coventry also have a 15% sell on clause for Gyokeres. Highly likely he's being sold this summer for 80 million+. Nice little earner for Coventry.
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 20:48 - Apr 7 with 713 viewsWestonsuperR

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 09:51 - Apr 7 by Northolt_Rs

Yep, this team is totally toothless. We have a poor L1 strike force in Dykes, Armstrong and Frey - easily the worst strikers in the Championship. Our leading scorer is Chair with a puny 5 goals in 39 games…. Dykes has 4 goals in 36 games and Armstrong has 3 goals in 34 games. How did those running our football club allow us to start the season with Dykes and Armstrong as our strikers? It was always going to be a relegation fight….I just can’t understand their thinking. It will be a miracle if Cifuentes manages to keep this team in the Championship. Whole team bottled it in a must win/don’t lose 6-pointer yet again yesterday and Marti got the line up horribly wrong which played into Weds hands. Truly abysmal all of them.

Good post and totally agree, worst forward line in the Championship and by some distance. Martin will have produced a minor miracle if he keeps us up with Dykes, Armstrong and Frey (and Kelman) who have scored the grand total of 8 league goals between them.
Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 20:55 - Apr 7 with 692 viewsE17hoop

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 20:48 - Apr 7 by WestonsuperR

Good post and totally agree, worst forward line in the Championship and by some distance. Martin will have produced a minor miracle if he keeps us up with Dykes, Armstrong and Frey (and Kelman) who have scored the grand total of 8 league goals between them.

I think Stoke and Rotherham would fight you over worst forward line in the Championship, with Swansea ready to step in.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 664 viewsLowerloftLad

Everyone laugh's but at the start of the season but I'd have sold Dykes to Millwall.
And then have resigned Martins on a one year deal and as I'm adamant he would have scored 8/10 goals for QPR this season.

I know its league one but he has scored 15 times for rovers this season.
[Post edited 7 Apr 21:04]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Grim reading these stats of our goal scoring: on 23:38 - Apr 7 with 548 viewsDannyPaddox

Begovic 41 games 0 goals. If you tolerate this then your children will be next!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024