Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report 22:10 - Apr 7 with 5208 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62269
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 22:54 - Apr 7 with 3847 viewscolinallcars

One of your best, Clive.
A great read to end this hellish weakend of weekends. (sic).
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 00:16 - Apr 8 with 3644 viewsRangers67

Was it just mer did anyone else just know this is what was going to happen in typical QPR style
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 01:18 - Apr 8 with 3558 viewsSydneyRs

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 00:16 - Apr 8 by Rangers67

Was it just mer did anyone else just know this is what was going to happen in typical QPR style

Pretty much knew we wouldn't win (when do we ever win 3 in a row?) but hoped we might at least draw to maintain the gap to them.
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 01:32 - Apr 8 with 3521 viewsstainrods_elbow

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 01:18 - Apr 8 by SydneyRs

Pretty much knew we wouldn't win (when do we ever win 3 in a row?) but hoped we might at least draw to maintain the gap to them.

While it's teeth-grindingly annoying to consider the manner of how the Owls have done the double over us this season, the main 'complacency' thesis about Saturday, for me, is flawed and more a case of over-psychologising the performance to find some rationale for our frustration and pain. The idea that everything that went wrong was because everyone was just too casual about the opposition is a bit silly if you think about it - Dykes is just (nearly always) inept, not subject to some kind of selective performance fluctuation according to who he's playing. I don't think we were so much complacent as incompetent - Armstrong and Willock were particularly culpable - but I don't think Wednesday were 'outrageously bad' either. We just didn't play enough football from start to finish, failed to create, and Colback's unfortunate, apparently injury-based absence contributed to us too often losing the midfield in which the balding Bannan was again allowed to dictate.

Footballing outcomes are mainly about creating, taking or missing chances - and when you have one shot on target at home, it's probably not going to end well. If Anderson's attraction to hitting the woodwork when it looks easier to score hadn't reared its slappable head, we'd have drawn or quite possibly won that game. Throw in a freakish comedy goal into our net, and you have to laugh or you'd cry.

Not tempting fate, but I envision a response at Plymouth, and a battling point at least. To paraphrase Bob Dylan, we're not safe yet, but we're getting there.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2:05]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 02:00 - Apr 8 with 3504 viewsSydneyRs

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 01:32 - Apr 8 by stainrods_elbow

While it's teeth-grindingly annoying to consider the manner of how the Owls have done the double over us this season, the main 'complacency' thesis about Saturday, for me, is flawed and more a case of over-psychologising the performance to find some rationale for our frustration and pain. The idea that everything that went wrong was because everyone was just too casual about the opposition is a bit silly if you think about it - Dykes is just (nearly always) inept, not subject to some kind of selective performance fluctuation according to who he's playing. I don't think we were so much complacent as incompetent - Armstrong and Willock were particularly culpable - but I don't think Wednesday were 'outrageously bad' either. We just didn't play enough football from start to finish, failed to create, and Colback's unfortunate, apparently injury-based absence contributed to us too often losing the midfield in which the balding Bannan was again allowed to dictate.

Footballing outcomes are mainly about creating, taking or missing chances - and when you have one shot on target at home, it's probably not going to end well. If Anderson's attraction to hitting the woodwork when it looks easier to score hadn't reared its slappable head, we'd have drawn or quite possibly won that game. Throw in a freakish comedy goal into our net, and you have to laugh or you'd cry.

Not tempting fate, but I envision a response at Plymouth, and a battling point at least. To paraphrase Bob Dylan, we're not safe yet, but we're getting there.

I would say the last few home performances have not been that different from each other, but v Brum we got goals at the right time and v Wednesday they did (courtesy of a lucky deflection). Sadly we have a non functioning forward line and are relying on other positions for goals.

Logically there are quite a few teams below us now and we have a better GD than most of them. We've also been pretty much in lower top half form since Marti arrived. I'd say 4 points will be enough and we should get them. A result at Plymouth would be a good start but I am nervous about a long trip at the end of a run of 4 games in quick succession and a home team that will be lifted by finally getting a win recently.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2:01]
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 02:07 - Apr 8 with 3453 viewsstainrods_elbow

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 02:00 - Apr 8 by SydneyRs

I would say the last few home performances have not been that different from each other, but v Brum we got goals at the right time and v Wednesday they did (courtesy of a lucky deflection). Sadly we have a non functioning forward line and are relying on other positions for goals.

Logically there are quite a few teams below us now and we have a better GD than most of them. We've also been pretty much in lower top half form since Marti arrived. I'd say 4 points will be enough and we should get them. A result at Plymouth would be a good start but I am nervous about a long trip at the end of a run of 4 games in quick succession and a home team that will be lifted by finally getting a win recently.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2:01]

Perhaps I should have said 'I'm nervously envisioning'! Cross everything!

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 05:54 - Apr 8 with 3307 viewsPaddyhoops

Monday morning and I still haven’t got this result out of my system. Still angry.
Let them have the ball for the first half basically.
Sticking balls over the top for Armstrong to run onto. His marker had him sussed after 10 minutes.
Used every trick in the book to keep him quiet and it worked .
Dykes offered nothing after coming on . Just looks a busted flush now and disinterested.
Need to turn up on Tuesday after this massive opportunity has been pissed away.
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 07:46 - Apr 8 with 3083 viewslondonscottish

"Less a team talk, more a carbon monoxide leak". ROFL.

Was very glad to have missed that. It was bad enough listening to the comms......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 08:17 - Apr 8 with 2978 viewsNorthernr

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 01:32 - Apr 8 by stainrods_elbow

Always the most rewarding part of the job to wake up and learn what 'flawed' 'silly' rubbish I've been talking from the experts.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 08:56 - Apr 8 with 2838 viewsthehat

Bang on the money with that assessment Clive.

A very lazy, complacent performance from everyone - Paal, Chair and Willock frustrated me the most - All 3 probably think they are better than they actually are.
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 2709 viewsAndybrat

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 08:56 - Apr 8 by thehat

A very lazy, complacent performance from everyone - Paal, Chair and Willock frustrated me the most - All 3 probably think they are better than they actually are.

Anyone know what happened to Frey? Colback went off injured at Swansea so not surprised he wasn’t in the squad. I know Frey whatbFrey doesn’t give you, what he seemingly does is effort, which we will need on Tuesday. Suggest Fox at LB again. What a crap game though
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 09:54 - Apr 8 with 2624 viewsdaveB

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 09:31 - Apr 8 by Andybrat

Anyone know what happened to Frey? Colback went off injured at Swansea so not surprised he wasn’t in the squad. I know Frey whatbFrey doesn’t give you, what he seemingly does is effort, which we will need on Tuesday. Suggest Fox at LB again. What a crap game though

He's injured as well, doubtful for tomorrow
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 10:39 - Apr 8 with 2459 viewsTheChef

Probably Dykes tomorrow then.

Who knows, he might score a goal?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 10:44 - Apr 8 with 2445 viewsFrankRightguard

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 09:31 - Apr 8 by Andybrat

Saw Frey wandering up SAR Saturday before the game in his civvies
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:09 - Apr 8 with 2399 viewsBAWHoops

Most annoying thing was that it was farting out towards a 0-0 until the absolute mess of their goal, which would've been fine for us.

Such a frustrating afternoon

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:18 - Apr 8 with 2357 viewsslmrstid

If you ever want to see what it looks like when a football team collectively sh*ts itself, just watch us on Saturday. Absolute debacle.

Sheffield Wednesday weren't much good, but they were fast, physical and aggressive and played like a team that knew they had to win. Our team seemed to spend as much time as they could running away from the nasty big men on the other team because they didn't want to get hurt. Which in the case of Willock and holding out hope someone out there will give him that £40k a week contract is probably true.

Then Armstrong annoyed the hell out of me with the constant banging his fists on the turf after he's fell over in a breath of wind again like an angry toddler who's just been told no screaming about how unfair life is.

Defensively we were largely OK other than that one stupid mistake for their goal and the second was just a typical sucker punch that wouldn't have happened if it was still 0-0.

All four of our attacking players though were utterly pathetic.

Noticed Colback sitting behind the dugouts spending most of the game looking down, presumably at his phone. Either disinterested or one of those who just can't watch when he's not involved.

Was really, really annoyed on Saturday, probably the worst I've seen under Marti so far.
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:41 - Apr 8 with 2257 viewsstainrods_elbow

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 05:54 - Apr 8 by Paddyhoops

Monday morning and I still haven’t got this result out of my system. Still angry.
Let them have the ball for the first half basically.
Sticking balls over the top for Armstrong to run onto. His marker had him sussed after 10 minutes.
Used every trick in the book to keep him quiet and it worked .
Dykes offered nothing after coming on . Just looks a busted flush now and disinterested.
Need to turn up on Tuesday after this massive opportunity has been pissed away.

I'm angry too - it was a collective failure by both the team and the coaching team. But let's rein in the exaggeration (this is the 'new me' by the way, just to anticipate the brickbats) and get some perspective. Possession was actually 50/50 over the game, and we had twice as many goal attempts (16/7) and corners (5/2). I don't think we did enough to win, clearly, but I'm also not sure we should have lost.

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:43 - Apr 8 with 2244 viewsstainrods_elbow

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 08:17 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Always the most rewarding part of the job to wake up and learn what 'flawed' 'silly' rubbish I've been talking from the experts.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Who are the 'experts' here, Clive? I'm offering a counter-view and, in a later post, argument and stats, that's all, so need to take it so personally. It's curious, given your own eloquent opinionatedness, you should apparently have a problem with mine. It's a noisy and rumbunctious message board, not a cult/closed shop.
[Post edited 8 Apr 11:45]

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:47 - Apr 8 with 2221 viewsstainrods_elbow

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 08:56 - Apr 8 by thehat

For what it's worth, I thought Chair was as hard-working and bright as ever, if lacking end product, and probably mostly guilty of trying too hard if anything (which is hardly a groundbreaking observation).

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 12:22 - Apr 8 with 2097 viewsAntti_Heinola

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:18 - Apr 8 by slmrstid

If you ever want to see what it looks like when a football team collectively sh*ts itself, just watch us on Saturday. Absolute debacle.

Sheffield Wednesday weren't much good, but they were fast, physical and aggressive and played like a team that knew they had to win. Our team seemed to spend as much time as they could running away from the nasty big men on the other team because they didn't want to get hurt. Which in the case of Willock and holding out hope someone out there will give him that £40k a week contract is probably true.

Then Armstrong annoyed the hell out of me with the constant banging his fists on the turf after he's fell over in a breath of wind again like an angry toddler who's just been told no screaming about how unfair life is.

Defensively we were largely OK other than that one stupid mistake for their goal and the second was just a typical sucker punch that wouldn't have happened if it was still 0-0.

All four of our attacking players though were utterly pathetic.

Noticed Colback sitting behind the dugouts spending most of the game looking down, presumably at his phone. Either disinterested or one of those who just can't watch when he's not involved.

Was really, really annoyed on Saturday, probably the worst I've seen under Marti so far.

I wouldn't call a (very) poor performance a 'debacle', but that's just arguing over a word.

I didn't think Sheff Wed played like a team that knew they had to win either and I'm a bit baffled by some of the praise they've been getting on here. I thought they were absolutely dire, and created almost nothing and caused almost no problems other than the Windass miss. The goal was terrible defending but also freakishly fortunate, second one, well, that can happen when chasing a late goal. I thought they were easily the worst team I've seen this season.

I hope we show a reaction tomorrow, particularly the front 4, whoever they are. The last time a forward scored was over a month ago at Leicester and the last assist was a month ago against West Brom. They are good players, they must take responsibility and provide more.

Bare bones.

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 12:28 - Apr 8 with 2051 viewskensalriser

Said it elsewhere, this was like watching a game between two sides already relegated.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 13:09 - Apr 8 with 1899 viewswestberksr

cheers Clive; not an easy read and must have been an awful write for you too.

totally bereft of any responsibility or collective effort.

I bet Marti is sitting down with the whole bunch replaying that; it will take him hours to go through what they all did wrong.

oh well; off to Plymuff tomorrow
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 13:31 - Apr 8 with 1825 viewsderbyhoop

The front 4 were dreadful, all of them. Diaby had Armstrong sussed v early, was as quick and far more robust.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 13:43 - Apr 8 with 1749 viewsstainrods_elbow

Unfortunately, it's worse - the front 4 ARE (mostly) dreadful, and surely the worst forward line in the division! If they score three goals between them before we're done with this rollercoaster season, I'll be happily surprised. (To say Dykes, in particular, owes us a match-winning performance is a massive under-statement!)

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 13:51 - Apr 8 with 1718 viewsrbee

Memories of Stoke away where I wrote after that game that we didn't come out fired up for the battle ahead, on Saturday, just as at Stoke we were not at it from the start.

Wednesday did come out with more fire in their bellies and had a huddle just before kick off and looked the more likely in the early stages of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024