Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper for next year 10:42 - Apr 11 with 4883 viewsTonto

So Begovic is out of contract and has been.. let's say rusty to be polite, and I very much doubt he will be back next year.

So my question is, do we go with Walsh or are we bringing someone in? If so, does anyone have any suggestions who we should be after who is affordable and good enough?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Keeper for next year on 10:44 - Apr 11 with 3566 viewsjeffranger

Rotherham keeper looks decent
Keeper for next year on 10:44 - Apr 11 with 3562 viewsCateLeBonR

Wasn’t Lumley rumoured to being close to a return last summer?

Keeper for next year on 10:54 - Apr 11 with 3499 views100percent

Great piece by young Greg Spires here...

https://medium.com/@greg.spires/qpr-recruitment-focus-goalkeepers-b0172a4db419
Keeper for next year on 10:56 - Apr 11 with 3475 viewsdaveB

Keeper for next year on 10:54 - Apr 11 by 100percent

thats a really good article, hadn't heard of many of those, the Lincoln fella sounds interesting
Keeper for next year on 10:58 - Apr 11 with 3471 views100percent

Keeper for next year on 10:56 - Apr 11 by daveB

thats a really good article, hadn't heard of many of those, the Lincoln fella sounds interesting

He's a great young writer/analyst is Greg - definitely worth a follow on Twitter. Dave...
Keeper for next year on 11:07 - Apr 11 with 3413 viewsDorse

Good read.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Keeper for next year on 11:09 - Apr 11 with 3393 viewsQPRSteve

We've been strongly linked with a Nigerian international keeper playing in South Africa.
Keeper for next year on 11:36 - Apr 11 with 3269 viewsChrisNW6

Give that man a job, great piece of analysis.

I am guessing we might have some wiggle room in the summer for a few transfer fees, but will continue to be heavily reliant on bringing in out of contract players as well. A 25-28yr old goalkeeper would be a great investment of up to £1.5m in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Keeper for next year on 12:06 - Apr 11 with 3160 viewscharmr

I recently emailed the club about recruitment.i suggested researching the supporters players of the year. Too many people who work in football look down on people who don’t. Hey they watch them every week not a compilation video.

The Robbie Savage line of thinking who has a phone in from supporters. Mad
Keeper for next year on 12:08 - Apr 11 with 3146 viewsNov77

What’s Billy the Fish up to these days?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Keeper for next year on 12:24 - Apr 11 with 3091 viewsdmm

Thanks for posting. A rare bit of in depth player analysis. I've bookmarked it to refer to it in the summer. It'll interesting to see if we go for any of his recommendations.
Keeper for next year on 13:06 - Apr 11 with 2956 viewsaston_hoop

On a wider note, it feels like a good test of Nourry´s role. In his position (definitely not DoF...but he is), he did say we´d finally try and implement a club-wide style of playing and consistent recruitment in that sense. So lets see, we recruit a modern goalkeeper who is quick and comfortable with the ball at is feet. But then lets not recruit a Gareth Ainsworth again who will have no use for him if/when Martí moves on. Just hoping we're sensible and consistent now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Keeper for next year on 13:50 - Apr 11 with 2790 viewsbenhurst

I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone on loan next season. We've got both Walsh and Mahoney who are both young and are currently, at the very worst, League Two standard (at the same age as those two are now, Seny was on loan in the National League South).
If one or both of them can do well for a League One team next season we'd hopefully be in a better position to give them a chance this time next year.

Not suggesting we go for him specifically but someone in the same vein as the keeper who Wednesday have right now, who's on loan from Brighton.
Keeper for next year on 14:39 - Apr 11 with 2623 viewscolinallcars

Keeper for next year on 12:08 - Apr 11 by Nov77

He's a Marlon Brando impersonator.
Keeper for next year on 23:13 - Apr 11 with 2127 viewsFrankRightguard

Keeper for next year on 12:08 - Apr 11 by Nov77

Could we maybe sign Brown Fox also
Keeper for next year on 02:36 - Apr 12 with 1978 viewsKiwi76

Scoured the world for that list and even got to NZ with Paulsen.
Wgtn are top of A league and he’s been great part of their success- couple of penalty saves as well.
Surprised he’s 6 foot as looked little shorter to me.
Sure will be a long shot but congrats to article author for their coverage
Keeper for next year on 04:09 - Apr 12 with 1937 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good article apart from repeating the ‘Begovic is on £32k a week’ misinformation when I thought it was agreed he was on nearer £10k. Think the Fulham guy’s wage demands will be way too high but the others look affordable.
Keeper for next year on 06:05 - Apr 12 with 1864 viewsFDC

Yeah I spoke to someone recently who apparently had had drinks with Richard Lee the GK agent, who also said the rumours about Begovic high wages were not true
Keeper for next year on 10:15 - Apr 12 with 1618 viewselnombre

Spot on the fans-phone-in idea, I think, for instance, my own view from the DW is that Sam Tickle at Wigan is easily the best keeper in the division; won't be cheap, and already talk of Sunderland and Birmingham casting an eye, but only 22, and great sell-on potential. And who doesn't love a left-footed keeper.

If the rumours are true that JCS might be going for an actual fee, I'd take a minibus up and nab Charlie Hughes at the same time, leaving room to save Martial Godo the trip back to Fulham for when Willock departs.

I've probably spent £4-5m of other people's money there though...
Keeper for next year on 10:34 - Apr 12 with 1581 viewsTheChef

Keeper for next year on 10:15 - Apr 12 by elnombre

Spot on the fans-phone-in idea, I think, for instance, my own view from the DW is that Sam Tickle at Wigan is easily the best keeper in the division; won't be cheap, and already talk of Sunderland and Birmingham casting an eye, but only 22, and great sell-on potential. And who doesn't love a left-footed keeper.

If the rumours are true that JCS might be going for an actual fee, I'd take a minibus up and nab Charlie Hughes at the same time, leaving room to save Martial Godo the trip back to Fulham for when Willock departs.

Martial Godo?

Did he work with Admiral Ackbar?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Keeper for next year on 10:42 - Apr 12 with 1547 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Keeper for next year on 06:05 - Apr 12 by FDC

Yeah I spoke to someone recently who apparently had had drinks with Richard Lee the GK agent, who also said the rumours about Begovic high wages were not true

There's a clause in his contract that means he gets bonuses for catching crosses. So yes, we're not paying him that much.
Keeper for next year on 10:53 - Apr 12 with 1515 viewsQPR_Jim

If Walsh and Salamon aren't ready then really we need to bring in 2 goalkeepers. I think the problem for too long has been that we only realistically have one choice in goal. It's been true this season as the risk of starting Walsh means we stick with an ever waning Begovic. Or last season when Diengs form dipped and we had to play him because the back up was Archer. Competition would be a good start.
Keeper for next year on 11:21 - Apr 12 with 1426 viewsDorse

Keeper for next year on 10:15 - Apr 12 by elnombre

Mr Tickle in goal...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Keeper for next year on 11:28 - Apr 12 with 1395 viewsMrSheen

I can't believe Jensen can be persuaded to leave the club that loves him so much they put him on their badge.

[Post edited 12 Apr 11:35]
Keeper for next year on 11:34 - Apr 12 with 1372 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Keeper for next year on 10:53 - Apr 12 by QPR_Jim

If Walsh and Salamon aren't ready then really we need to bring in 2 goalkeepers. I think the problem for too long has been that we only realistically have one choice in goal. It's been true this season as the risk of starting Walsh means we stick with an ever waning Begovic. Or last season when Diengs form dipped and we had to play him because the back up was Archer. Competition would be a good start.

The maddest period was when Dieng was injured and we had to loan in goalkeepers because we didn't trust the ones on our actual books.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024