Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper for next year 10:42 - Apr 11 with 5429 viewsTonto

So Begovic is out of contract and has been.. let's say rusty to be polite, and I very much doubt he will be back next year.

So my question is, do we go with Walsh or are we bringing someone in? If so, does anyone have any suggestions who we should be after who is affordable and good enough?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Keeper for next year on 11:43 - Apr 12 with 1396 viewsToast_R

Being a good shot stopper is pretty much the minimum requirement for being a goalkeeper isn't it?

Like praising a landlord who can pour a good beer.
Keeper for next year on 12:07 - Apr 12 with 1325 viewsTheChef

Keeper for next year on 11:34 - Apr 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

The maddest period was when Dieng was injured and we had to loan in goalkeepers because we didn't trust the ones on our actual books.

David Marshall had that rick away at Blackburn (where Dieng got injured) but I thought did OK.

We'll draw a veil over Kieran Westwood...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Keeper for next year on 12:18 - Apr 12 with 1275 viewsbenhurst

Keeper for next year on 11:34 - Apr 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

The maddest period was when Dieng was injured and we had to loan in goalkeepers because we didn't trust the ones on our actual books.

That's not entirely true, is it? The reason we started bringing in signings was because our first three keepers (Dieng, Archer, and Walsh) were all injured/away at the same time
Keeper for next year on 13:58 - Apr 12 with 1128 viewsR_from_afar

Keeper for next year on 04:09 - Apr 12 by Ned_Kennedys

Good article apart from repeating the ‘Begovic is on £32k a week’ misinformation when I thought it was agreed he was on nearer £10k. Think the Fulham guy’s wage demands will be way too high but the others look affordable.

Until we are back in the Premiership - don't hold your breath - I wouldn't want us to pay £32k a week for *any* player. All the while we are in the Championship - or God forbid, lower down the pyramid, eek, - there is no way we can have an entire first team on that sort of money, unless we come up with some major new revenues streams, and I don't think having one or more superstars on way more than the others is healthy.

Great analysis, though. I like the idea of Big Ron 'Keeper, he sounds decent and potentially affordable too.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Keeper for next year on 14:16 - Apr 12 with 1063 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Keeper for next year on 12:18 - Apr 12 by benhurst

That's not entirely true, is it? The reason we started bringing in signings was because our first three keepers (Dieng, Archer, and Walsh) were all injured/away at the same time

Dillon Barnes?
Keeper for next year on 14:34 - Apr 12 with 1008 viewsQPRConor2000

Interesting to note that both Mahoney and Walsh are out of contract along with Begovic and Archer this summer.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Mahoney and Walsh have their contracts renewed this summer, and we focus our resources on getting a first choice keeper in.
Keeper for next year on 14:36 - Apr 12 with 1003 viewssprocket

Keeper for next year on 14:34 - Apr 12 by QPRConor2000

Interesting to note that both Mahoney and Walsh are out of contract along with Begovic and Archer this summer.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Mahoney and Walsh have their contracts renewed this summer, and we focus our resources on getting a first choice keeper in.

What about Walsh? He's not a kid and he is either good enough or not.
Keeper for next year on 15:19 - Apr 12 with 869 viewsdmm

Keeper for next year on 14:36 - Apr 12 by sprocket

What about Walsh? He's not a kid and he is either good enough or not.

Walsh has only just turned 22, same age as Mahoney, so still quite young for a keeper. Whether they're good enough remains to be seen.
Login to get fewer ads

Keeper for next year on 15:36 - Apr 12 with 824 viewskensalriser

Keeper for next year on 11:43 - Apr 12 by Toast_R

Being a good shot stopper is pretty much the minimum requirement for being a goalkeeper isn't it?

Like praising a landlord who can pour a good beer.

Plenty of landlords that can't pour a good beer!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Keeper for next year on 15:45 - Apr 12 with 811 viewssprocket

Keeper for next year on 15:19 - Apr 12 by dmm

Walsh has only just turned 22, same age as Mahoney, so still quite young for a keeper. Whether they're good enough remains to be seen.

He's been at QPR for 4 years - how long do we wait?
Keeper for next year on 15:50 - Apr 12 with 802 viewsdmm

Keeper for next year on 15:45 - Apr 12 by sprocket

He's been at QPR for 4 years - how long do we wait?

Seny Dieng was at QPR for 4 years before playing a first team game. Sometimes it's worth waiting.
Keeper for next year on 17:20 - Apr 12 with 676 viewsEsox_Lucius

Matty Salamon will be an interesting watch over the Summer; he has been fast tracked through all the age groups and has been in the pre match warm ups since MC took over. It will be interesting to see how much intensive coaching he receives before next August.
IMO he looks a better prospect than Walsh or Cooper.

The grass is always greener.

Keeper for next year on 17:29 - Apr 12 with 646 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Keeper for next year on 17:20 - Apr 12 by Esox_Lucius

Matty Salamon will be an interesting watch over the Summer; he has been fast tracked through all the age groups and has been in the pre match warm ups since MC took over. It will be interesting to see how much intensive coaching he receives before next August.
IMO he looks a better prospect than Walsh or Cooper.

Nice to hear more good news on Salamon. He looks promising.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024