Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar 13:37 - Apr 14 with 4827 viewsAntti_Heinola

We know all the issues, we know the problems, we know what is and isn't working.

All of that, though, is irrelevant. It's a great KO time. Get together early. Have one or two drinks. Then get to the ground and we as fans need to put everything into it. We can create that atmosphere and transfer it to the players and help them put everything on the line.

There's a lot of stuff about the fragility and so on about this team, but, one or two games apart, they have been pretty mid-table decent for the last 4 months or so. They're decent lads. We can do this, but we need to do it together. Bloke behind me who moans throughout the whole game, put it away for one b'stard match. Let's blow Preston away with our noise. Let's push them on, like in the WBA game, and we can do this and put this bloody season to bed. No recriminations, no arguments. JUST NOISE.

Bare bones.

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 13:45 - Apr 14 with 3183 viewsRangersw12

Totally agree

Need to get behind them from the off .

We could easily be 3 points ahead with a game in hand come kick off
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 13:47 - Apr 14 with 3173 viewsQPRConor2000

exactly this, cut the negativity and get behind the lads.

we cant change it now.
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 13:53 - Apr 14 with 3122 viewsbosh67

Totally agree. If the team is going to get over the line we have to absolutely be the 12th man on Saturday and the following Friday. It has to be positive even if we fall behind because we've come back to win a number of times. But there has to be a real air of positivity going into this game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 14:21 - Apr 14 with 3005 viewsstainrods_elbow

Romantic though I used to be, it's the 'transfer to the players' bit that's the flaw in this feel-good thesis. I could write a book on the history of Rs fans turning up in noisy numbers and the team abjectly letting them/us down. They don't deserve us, and I don't believe any of it makes a lot of difference other than fans making themselves better about their ineffectuality. We'll probably stay up by a squeak, but this squad is a law unto itself, and pro players' relationship to 'the badge' is largely and rather obviously a performative chimera.

Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message! Our football club is, by and large, a joke played on us.
[Post edited 14 Apr 14:23]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 14:52 - Apr 14 with 2955 viewsAntti_Heinola

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 14:21 - Apr 14 by stainrods_elbow

Romantic though I used to be, it's the 'transfer to the players' bit that's the flaw in this feel-good thesis. I could write a book on the history of Rs fans turning up in noisy numbers and the team abjectly letting them/us down. They don't deserve us, and I don't believe any of it makes a lot of difference other than fans making themselves better about their ineffectuality. We'll probably stay up by a squeak, but this squad is a law unto itself, and pro players' relationship to 'the badge' is largely and rather obviously a performative chimera.

Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message! Our football club is, by and large, a joke played on us.
[Post edited 14 Apr 14:23]

Kind of have sympathy for that, but I’d save your money and stop going and stop wasting your time on here if you think things are at that level. As poorly as we have played in some games recently, I’ve actually been impressed how this lot have pulled themselves out of the mire to the degree they have. To ignore that is a bit churlish - and yes i know they could and probably should have 55 points now and be done with it, but every team in this league has has horrendous results.

I don’t think we’re a joke. But you’re entitled to if you want. I just get a bit bored of stuff like that. I do feel it sometimes, but then i get there and Dunne pings it in the top corner and all that disappears. I’m not a huge fan of fans putting themselves on a perfect pedestal.

Bare bones.

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 16:07 - Apr 14 with 2792 viewsPaddyhoops

Agreed . Poor yesterday and for the first time not competitive under Marti.
However we need one more decent performance to push this over the line.
A weeks break for the players and hopefully a tired PNE after midweek exertions.
I also don’t buy this shite that the last two games are ones we won’t get points out of, Leeds aren’t exactly pulling trees up at the moment and the same goes for Coventry.
We’re 3 clear with superior goal difference to the those in the bottom 3 .
They’d love to switch places.
I’m expecting a goal from one of our “ strikers”.
Got to happen sooner rather than later. Hasn’t it?
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 16:23 - Apr 14 with 2693 viewsmart_Goblin

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 14:52 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

Kind of have sympathy for that, but I’d save your money and stop going and stop wasting your time on here if you think things are at that level. As poorly as we have played in some games recently, I’ve actually been impressed how this lot have pulled themselves out of the mire to the degree they have. To ignore that is a bit churlish - and yes i know they could and probably should have 55 points now and be done with it, but every team in this league has has horrendous results.

I don’t think we’re a joke. But you’re entitled to if you want. I just get a bit bored of stuff like that. I do feel it sometimes, but then i get there and Dunne pings it in the top corner and all that disappears. I’m not a huge fan of fans putting themselves on a perfect pedestal.

Strangely agree with both yourself and awful lot of what Stainrods Elbow says too in that last post which is slightly contradicting of myself . Last night I was mostly in Elbows camp, but reading the OG post of this thread was how I was starting to feel today .

We do need to get right behind them. Perhaps this team hasn’t fully deserved the incredible support they have got this season but we as fans need to go again for 2 huge home games . The support v West Brom was incredible but the worry is we still didn’t win that game . Plus the following Middlesbrough game the support was poor along with the performance.

What was worrying yesterday was the boos that I heard from R’s fans after that horrendous Dykes cross towards the end of the second half . Was that in general disgust or towards Dykes in particular?
Dont blame the fans for either reaction yesterday but we have to park that now.

Give our all as fans on Saturday and see what happens .
Might just help get us the win .

Or as Anti says, save your money and watch BGT.
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 16:26 - Apr 14 with 2667 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tbh they've had good support all season, both home and away. We're not the problem.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 16:34 - Apr 14 with 2647 viewsLongsufferingR

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 16:23 - Apr 14 by mart_Goblin

Strangely agree with both yourself and awful lot of what Stainrods Elbow says too in that last post which is slightly contradicting of myself . Last night I was mostly in Elbows camp, but reading the OG post of this thread was how I was starting to feel today .

We do need to get right behind them. Perhaps this team hasn’t fully deserved the incredible support they have got this season but we as fans need to go again for 2 huge home games . The support v West Brom was incredible but the worry is we still didn’t win that game . Plus the following Middlesbrough game the support was poor along with the performance.

What was worrying yesterday was the boos that I heard from R’s fans after that horrendous Dykes cross towards the end of the second half . Was that in general disgust or towards Dykes in particular?

"Or as Anti says, save your money and watch BGT." tbh if he did that, SE would only spend the next couple of hours criticising every word the judges have to say about each act.
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 17:19 - Apr 14 with 2543 viewsenfieldargh

Ill b cheering the boys on from my living room, so you will all have to give an extra shout from me

COYRS

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 17:38 - Apr 14 with 2472 viewsNW5Hoop

We're not a loud crowd, unless we're given something to cheer, and we haven't been given much to cheer for any sustained period for a long time – the best season we had for ages, we hardly saw any of it because of Covid. But getting behind the team does make a difference - you can't tell me the atmosphere at Loftus Road didn't make a difference in those five wins that kept us in the Premier League (Roseanne Cash daughter of Johnny, singer herself – went to the game against Arsenal, having been to the Emirates the week before, and said we were much louder than they had been, even in our tiny ground).

And getting behind the team is also more fun.

All that said, the reason for the atmosphere in those five wins was that the only one of those games we went behind in was the first one, against Liverpool, when the atmosphere was getting poisonous until the miracle comeback (remember Barton getting booed off the pitch?). But then we had ten minutes of the greatest atmosphere ever, and it never really let up. Clive was suggesting the other week that no one remembers the 3-0 win against Swansea. I do – not the specifics of the game, but us playing them off the park, and the atmosphere being one of jovial delight and no anxiety. I remember Ted Kessler tweeting after: "Tiki-taka that, you smug bastards."

So the team do need to not go 1-0 behind after 10 minutes and then spend the rest of the game playing as though the concept of the sphere has suddenly been erased from their mind, and understand that this nameless thing that travels towards them is subject to the laws of physics, and can be tamed. No one in their right mind is going to keep up the noise if they play like they are wont to do at times of maximum need and expectation. But if, and let me not be cursing us all, they can take the lead themselves and stay on the front foot, then they'll get the crowd behind them. I hope.
[Post edited 14 Apr 18:21]
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 17:54 - Apr 14 with 2411 viewsAntti_Heinola

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 16:23 - Apr 14 by mart_Goblin

No, I think SE has some good points, I don't think it's contradictory to take something from both! My point is really, ignore all that stuff and just get behind them. He said big crowds have often been let down by the team, but that's a bit nonsensical: firstly, there are loads of times huge support has been rewarded (82 semi; 86 semi at Anfield; play-off semis, one play-off final, Sheff Wed away, Watford away... - even Leicester away the other week). And secondly, if all we had to do was send 5000 to every away game to win, we'd probably do it. Crowd and noise doesn't guarantee a result, but we really can help - see Chelsea at home in our first year back in the Prem.

Bare bones.

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:15 - Apr 14 with 2358 viewsted_hendrix

If anybody has any doubts about supporters basically getting behind a team and bringing their team 'back to life' then you had to be at Port Vale that Sunday dinnertime. We were dead and buried at 4-0 down.

We sucked those four goals into the back of the net, all of us moved slowly down to the front of the stand and gawd knows how but we dragged those four goal Into the net, we absolutely crucified the Port Vale right back to the point he actually went to pieces.
It was special time as was the 1-0 win over Oldham, the noise/atmosphere that night was almost frightening.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:45 - Apr 14 with 2277 viewsdaveB

We have to make it a horrible place for Preston to come and create an atmosphere that can help the team and then we have to do it again against leeds because we in all likelihood won't be safe even if we win
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:52 - Apr 14 with 2248 viewsnumptydumpty

Tbh I have never really heard anything but positive and loud support both home and away for QPR and considering also how poor at times this season we have been, the positivity at games and the numbers that have turned up, has been superb.

The negative support has been online and on forums such as this.

In person, our fans have been exceptional, loud and very forgiving too.
[Post edited 14 Apr 18:53]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:55 - Apr 14 with 2233 viewsrbee

Game by game you never know which QPR team will turn up.

No such issue with the fans who turn up game after game, home and away, and give the club tremendous support. A huge well done to everyone.
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:57 - Apr 14 with 2224 viewsJamesB1979

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:45 - Apr 14 by daveB

We have to make it a horrible place for Preston to come and create an atmosphere that can help the team and then we have to do it again against leeds because we in all likelihood won't be safe even if we win

2 wins? Both Wednesday and Huddersfield would need to win 2 and draw 1 from their final 3. I think 1 win has to be enough, surely.
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 19:03 - Apr 14 with 2200 viewsJamesB1979

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:52 - Apr 14 by numptydumpty

Tbh I have never really heard anything but positive and loud support both home and away for QPR and considering also how poor at times this season we have been, the positivity at games and the numbers that have turned up, has been superb.

The negative support has been online and on forums such as this.

In person, our fans have been exceptional, loud and very forgiving too.
[Post edited 14 Apr 18:53]

Not sure we were that supportive of Dykes yesterday. He was trying, just not good enough. Hull just different level to us when they perform
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 19:07 - Apr 14 with 2184 viewsthemodfather

PNE are a good side, around the play offs all season and we rarely beat em at ours, however that is the beauty and stress of footy, you never know.
forget must wins, we know that. as the title to this threads says, we have to be noisy, volatile and behind QPR .we SHOOK CHELSEA, THEY MELTED we can shake PNE too.
the famous loft roar and aided by ellerslie and SAR we have to have the flags, scarves and rattles out and make so muc noise it is recorded on a earthquake reader!
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 19:47 - Apr 14 with 2077 viewsdaveB

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 18:57 - Apr 14 by JamesB1979

2 wins? Both Wednesday and Huddersfield would need to win 2 and draw 1 from their final 3. I think 1 win has to be enough, surely.

I'm probably wrong but I think we need at least one win and a draw but could easily be 2 wins if Huddersfield pull off a shock on the last day

Say Huddersfield beat Swansea next week at home and Birmingham win at Rotherham, not exactly out of the question so Hudd would be on 47 and Birmingham 48 and they then play each other. for us worst case is Huddersfield win leaving them on 50 and Birmingham 48

The last day would see Birmingham home to Norwich who could be resting players ahead of the playoffs if they win the next 2. Huddersfield have Ipswich Away where you'd expect them to lose but you'd need at least 50 points to be safe possible 51.

That also ignores Sheffield Wednesday who have Blackburn Away, West Brom home then Sunderland away. I'd be surprised if they got 7 points from those but you never know
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 19:59 - Apr 14 with 2020 viewsOldPedro

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 19:47 - Apr 14 by daveB

I'm probably wrong but I think we need at least one win and a draw but could easily be 2 wins if Huddersfield pull off a shock on the last day

Say Huddersfield beat Swansea next week at home and Birmingham win at Rotherham, not exactly out of the question so Hudd would be on 47 and Birmingham 48 and they then play each other. for us worst case is Huddersfield win leaving them on 50 and Birmingham 48

The last day would see Birmingham home to Norwich who could be resting players ahead of the playoffs if they win the next 2. Huddersfield have Ipswich Away where you'd expect them to lose but you'd need at least 50 points to be safe possible 51.

That also ignores Sheffield Wednesday who have Blackburn Away, West Brom home then Sunderland away. I'd be surprised if they got 7 points from those but you never know

One thing that is clear from the last month or so is it's almost impossible to predict the outcome of the remaining games. Who would have thought, for example, that Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich would lose the games they have recently.

If it goes down to the last game, I think I'll go for a walk and wait for the game to finish - won't be able to watch!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 20:03 - Apr 14 with 2007 viewsqprmarkoct1966

Will be in the Crown and Sceptre for 3.00pm , have to agree with the OP , we have to be on it big time , the Scum shit the bed when they came here after many a year. It will be sold out and we need to do our bit. Like the Kick off time , will know the other results and expect a fantastic atmosphere and noise. Was unable to go yesterday and it was a shite afternoon until Nakki popped up on 110 minutes. it is down to us now , lets get this thing done , sick of looking at the League table , Huddersfield , Birmingham , Stoke , Sheff Wed , bollocks to that we are staying up ! Come on my team , You R's
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 20:21 - Apr 14 with 1965 viewsSpaceman_P

Fully agree with this sentiment, I really wish I could go myself!!
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 20:32 - Apr 14 with 1935 viewsJamesB1979

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 19:47 - Apr 14 by daveB

Ok, yeah I agree 1 win and a draw. But I do think we could be playing Coventry when they are out of playoff contention and hopefully have a cup final to play. Also late kick offs at home on a Friday or Saturday should be good atmosphere.
Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 15:28 - Apr 16 with 1440 viewsstainrods_elbow

Saturday - forget the negativity, let's just turn up and roar on 16:34 - Apr 14 by LongsufferingR

"Or as Anti says, save your money and watch BGT." tbh if he did that, SE would only spend the next couple of hours criticising every word the judges have to say about each act.

Yes, in general, we need more articulate and entertaining criticism, not less, which is a big part of what this board is for, and what many people use it for.

Like everyone else, I'm stuck with QPR and my mad love in the meantime, for which there is no cure. Not even The Cure.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024