Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites 11:24 - Apr 17 with 25861 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

(My record is won 1, drawn 1. So unbeaten, 😀 but regardless who starts the post, it’s the players who have to get us out the trenches and to D (Delivery) Day) - yes, double brackets in that sentence.

War is bad-and there is too much happening of it in the world. But I thought will use the fighting for survival analogy for what we need to do vs PNE.

My grandad fought in North Africa, my favourite set of books are Spike Milligan’s war memoirs (hence the title of the post), war comics and army sets were part of my childhood growing up in the 70’s, Sir Laurence Olivier's unique narrative voice of the World at War still poignant from when I first heard it when watching with my dad on black and white TV.

I’m not a war fanatic. Much better things in life.

But let’s get stuck in, let’s dig deep-We shall never surrender to any relegation threat! - even if we think Preston are on the beach already. Let’s see a bright light in our 3rd last game. Let us see peace in the world. Get stuck in Hoops.

QPR 2 PNE 1 (Chair and Armstrong)
[Post edited 17 Apr 11:26]

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 12:00 - Apr 17 with 5285 viewsR_from_afar

Good on you for starting this thread 👏

I don't expect it will work but I am using some magical thinking for this vital game.

I have dozily booked a meal in a restaurant with my long suffering wife which clashes with the end of this "tea time game".

When I realised my schoolboy error, I thought about moving my booking but I often think that we do better when I am not watching, so to hell with it, I'll miss the end of the game and hope that in so doing, I'll improve the outcome for us.

Yeah, I know, that is utterly desperate but needs must. Cross those fingers!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 12:06 - Apr 17 with 5262 viewsconnell10

1-0 to us....please,please,please, please!! Ur,ssss

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 12:13 - Apr 17 with 5243 viewsnumptydumpty

We have had SO SO MANY of these MUST WIN crunch games.

And almost 💯 of the time we have ballsed up on a catastrophic scale.

Again, this is one such game.

Win and we are practically safe, I would say and we will also know more with playing after others.

How many of these games can we keep knocking back.

I think this could be the biggest of the lot.

Preston played mid week, were thoroughly beaten and now nowt at all to play for, other than midtable positions.

We also occasionally win the bigger games for us, away from home but for once let's do it at home.

One and only time was against brum with Dunne scoring in 92nd minute

If we are to win , please be three nil up after ten minutes then we can all relax a little...

Blooming win this rangers and give your fans opportunity to relax for rest of the season.

Better to be kind to your followers, rangers boys and girls !!
[Post edited 17 Apr 12:14]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 12:21 - Apr 17 with 5210 viewsNov77

I liked spike’s follow up title to ‘hitler, my part in his downfall”, it was called, “Mussolini, his part in my downfall”.

I think Smith should start on saturday, he seems the only one who finds himself in positions to actually score a goal. Perhaps though, he could swap his Toblerone boots for ‘Billy’s boots’.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:26 - Apr 17 with 5073 viewscoasthoop

The good thing about the late KO is that if Norwich win their 3pm game then it's a dead rubber for Preston. 2- 0 hoops. Armstrong , Anderson.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:28 - Apr 17 with 5062 viewswortonr

Watching the game last night it seemed clear to me who will be our match winner on Saturday…..the almost forgotten Hodge!
Preston were torn apart by quick, clever play and he’s the missing link at the moment. Will Marti find room for him?
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:37 - Apr 17 with 5018 viewsTheChef

Brave man!

No idea re the result.

Just don't lose.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:47 - Apr 17 with 4992 viewsToast_R

Can see yet another home defeat here. Expecting Preston to have the cue on the rack will be our downfall.
Hopefully a deal's been done aka Crystal Palace 99.
Login to get fewer ads

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:49 - Apr 17 with 4985 viewsRangersw12

1 - 0 Rangers
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 14:07 - Apr 17 with 4923 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:28 - Apr 17 by wortonr

Watching the game last night it seemed clear to me who will be our match winner on Saturday…..the almost forgotten Hodge!
Preston were torn apart by quick, clever play and he’s the missing link at the moment. Will Marti find room for him?

One of the biggest headscratchers from the last few weeks is what has Hodge done /not done to upset Marti .He did not perform that well in his 2 starts but has been very lively and creative in his sub apperances .I know he gave the ball away in dangerous places but none led directly to goals against us .He would be worth taking a chance on unless Marti goes straight veteran experience on Saturday
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 14:08 - Apr 17 with 4912 viewspeterlund_dk

1-0 Willock
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 14:53 - Apr 17 with 4813 viewscolinallcars

Mr Percy Snodgrass
Would often have the odd glass

I'll have the “ odd glass” on Saturday irrespective of the result
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 15:17 - Apr 17 with 4760 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Must-win match against a team with nothing to play for, who have played a few days before. Simply no excuses. I'll go with far less optimism than I did for the Wednesday game but if we can't win this, we deserve to go down.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 15:40 - Apr 17 with 4699 viewshubble

I'm not buying into the 'nothing to play for' narrative: while it's still mathmatically possible, they'll be up for it (and we don't know how Norwich will fare on Saturday). And even if it isn't possible for them to reach the play-offs, I doubt they'll give us an easy ride.

Results against PNE have proven hard to predict in recent times; we've won away there twice in succession, they've beaten us twice at home. And it's very hard to call this time round, but we're the ones with everything to do and I fear they will enjoy beating us if they get the chance. So I'm predicting a chasm-opening defeat, but praying for a joyous victory.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 15:43 - Apr 17 with 4676 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 14:07 - Apr 17 by CLAREMAN1995

One of the biggest headscratchers from the last few weeks is what has Hodge done /not done to upset Marti .He did not perform that well in his 2 starts but has been very lively and creative in his sub apperances .I know he gave the ball away in dangerous places but none led directly to goals against us .He would be worth taking a chance on unless Marti goes straight veteran experience on Saturday

Hodge did well as a substitute on his debut and has done nothing since.
Absolutely no sense throwing him in from the start for this one IMO.

Anderson, Chair, Willock, Smyth owe us a decent performance: pick three from that lot.

2-0 to QPR: Chair with the opener, we hang on until the final minutes and Armstrong scores a breakaway second.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 15:54 - Apr 17 with 4640 viewsqueensparker

Just realised it's not at 3 but later on Saturday.

That's a result for me, I can go now.

CHANNEL THE SPIRIT OF DEXTER LADS
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 16:01 - Apr 17 with 4609 viewskingsburyR

Comfortable 3-1 win with us being 2 up in the first half. Bag a third in the 67th minute.

83rd min consolation for North End.

Standard Rangers....putting no stress into our lives!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 16:33 - Apr 17 with 4525 viewsNorthantsHoop

Take nothing for granted our home form is and has been a problem and a major reason we have struggled.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 16:38 - Apr 17 with 4514 viewsperpignanR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 16:01 - Apr 17 by kingsburyR

Comfortable 3-1 win with us being 2 up in the first half. Bag a third in the 67th minute.

83rd min consolation for North End.

Standard Rangers....putting no stress into our lives!

This has got an 89th minute winner from Alan Browne written all over it.
1-0 to knob end.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:13 - Apr 17 with 4475 viewsDavieQPR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 14:08 - Apr 17 by peterlund_dk

1-0 Willock

Sometimes wonder if we would be better off without a 'striker' and attack, with Willock, Andersen, Chair and Hodge or Field, from midfield.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:36 - Apr 17 with 4439 viewsHarbour

Heart 1-0 Rangers , head 0-1 PNE..will PNE shit housing from 54th minute
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:42 - Apr 17 with 4314 viewsperpignanR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:36 - Apr 17 by Harbour

Heart 1-0 Rangers , head 0-1 PNE..will PNE shit housing from 54th minute

Well let’s hope Preston don’t score in the first few minutes. Couldn’t stand 85 minutes of fxckingbabout.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 22:17 - Apr 17 with 4122 viewsBluce_Ree

Fk it. I'm getting on this train.

3-0 (Dykes x3).

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 22:34 - Apr 17 with 4113 viewscolinallcars

On a tangent - where does the expression hat trick come from ?
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 23:39 - Apr 17 with 4034 viewsDannyPaddox

Bad Juju in the first paragraph. What you describe as double brackets is in fact a 1.5 bracket. In match thread parlance this is a hanging bracket. Please rectify.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024