Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This weekend 07:44 - Apr 18 with 13628 viewskingsburyR

QPR, Stoke and Huddersfield all at home with winnable games (our the hardest).

Sheff Wed away at Blackburn on Sunday.

Birmingham have Rotherham away - hopefully The Millars have a new manager bounce!!!

Stoke could drag Plymouth back into it with a win but rather an away win or draw.

Regardless...... We need the three points!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

This weekend on 19:10 - Apr 21 with 1683 viewsted_hendrix

Nobody Is 'on the beach'

Most stupid football phrase ever.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

This weekend on 19:11 - Apr 21 with 1681 viewsOldPedro

This weekend on 19:08 - Apr 21 by Benny_the_Ball

True, but Leeds play Monday night so QPR will have had 2 days extra rest. Having gone deep in the FA Cup, Coventry have some catching up to do in the league. Our final fixture against them will be their 4th match in 11 days.

If you include today's semi-final, Coventry have 5 game in 14 days and the first one has last over 120 minutes.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

This weekend on 19:25 - Apr 21 with 1560 viewsdaveB

This weekend on 17:42 - Apr 21 by qprd

huddersfield already cant chase us... the GD is too much to bridge

thats not right re birmingham- they are only 4 points behind us. if they draw and then win, and we lose both, they'll be ahead of us (our GDs are currently the same, so obviously there's will be better than us if we lose both and they win one/draw one)

worded it badly but meant if Birmingham drop points they are still 4 points behind if they lose and 3 if they draw so if they are going to move above us I think they need to win next Saturday
This weekend on 19:28 - Apr 21 with 1520 viewskensalriser

This weekend on 17:28 - Apr 21 by rbee

Coventry will have to beat Hull on Wednesday night to still have a play off hope.

Hull have three games left and Coventry four, the playoffs are far from settled.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

This weekend on 19:29 - Apr 21 with 1519 viewsngbqpr

This weekend on 19:11 - Apr 21 by OldPedro

If you include today's semi-final, Coventry have 5 game in 14 days and the first one has last over 120 minutes.

Could have done with them winning and having a cup final on their minds when we go there.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

This weekend on 19:44 - Apr 21 with 1422 viewsNed_Kennedys

This weekend on 17:15 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

The 'on the beach' argument is probably the worst in football. Were Swansea on the beach yesterday in a game everyone on here said they'd definitely lose?

I would suggest Preston were at least on the promenade yesterday if not quite on the beach.
This weekend on 16:44 - Apr 22 with 881 viewsAntti_Heinola

This weekend on 18:39 - Apr 21 by Spaceman_P

I'm confident.

Hoping for Rotherham, Huddersfield and Brum to go down... I think Sheff Wed deserve to stay up also Plymouth have suprised people this year, so should stay up.

As for League 1, Portsmouth, Derby and would like Oxford to get promoted. They're an old-school classic side and along with Portsmouth, Derby and most of the Championship sides there, the league mirrors the 1970s - just classic football teams.

I'd be happy for Derby and Pompey to be in the lower reaches forever tbh.

Bare bones.

This weekend on 16:48 - Apr 22 with 870 viewsTomS

This weekend on 19:44 - Apr 21 by Ned_Kennedys

I would suggest Preston were at least on the promenade yesterday if not quite on the beach.

I'd go further and say they were all at sea.
Login to get fewer ads

This weekend on 16:53 - Apr 22 with 850 viewsBenny_the_Ball

This weekend on 19:25 - Apr 21 by daveB

worded it badly but meant if Birmingham drop points they are still 4 points behind if they lose and 3 if they draw so if they are going to move above us I think they need to win next Saturday

Still worded badly and therefore makes little sense.

With respect to Birmingham, the situation is simple. To catch QPR they need us to lose both remaining matches and they pick up at least 4 points.
This weekend on 17:39 - Apr 22 with 710 viewsfraserc

I'm going to put my pollyanna hat on with the stat that Clive mentioned in the Preston Preview:

"in the Championship when teams play ‘away fatigued’ (that is an away game after another game within three or four days) their win percentage goes down 15% versus the baseline. When it’s a double away (an away game within four days of another away game) that ratio drops again from even that point"

That is exactly what Leeds will be facing this Friday - its about as good a time to play them as any
[Post edited 22 Apr 18:41]
This weekend on 17:55 - Apr 22 with 666 viewsBklynRanger

This weekend on 17:39 - Apr 22 by fraserc

I'm going to put my pollyanna hat on with the stat that Clive mentioned in the Preston Preview:

"in the Championship when teams play ‘away fatigued’ (that is an away game after another game within three or four days) their win percentage goes down 15% versus the baseline. When it’s a double away (an away game within four days of another away game) that ratio drops again from even that point"

That is exactly what Leeds will be facing this Friday - its about as good a time to play them as any
[Post edited 22 Apr 18:41]

And at the risk of massively over simplifying things, the Leicester away performance springs to mind as how they might approach Friday: very disciplined, compact, getting back into position, nothing too frilly or fancy, take your chance when you get it. They have done it before.
This weekend on 19:44 - Apr 22 with 530 viewsdaveB

This weekend on 16:53 - Apr 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Still worded badly and therefore makes little sense.

With respect to Birmingham, the situation is simple. To catch QPR they need us to lose both remaining matches and they pick up at least 4 points.

Not sure why it doesn't make sense, just saying that I think if Birmingham lose or draw on Saturday they won't catch us, I know mathematically they can if they get 4 points I just don't see them recovering if they can't beat an out of form Huddersfield team who just lost 4-0 at home
This weekend on 21:23 - Apr 22 with 409 viewsWatford_Ranger

This weekend on 19:29 - Apr 21 by ngbqpr

Could have done with them winning and having a cup final on their minds when we go there.

Could go either way on that. The final is three weeks after our game so no need to rest anyone. Whole club would be on a high and a full house. As it is we’re probably playing a team with nothing to play for other than pride at home at the end of a long season off the back of four games in less time than we’ve had two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024