Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep 07:35 - Apr 21 with 15554 viewshoops_legend

Now that we are all but safe - it’s important to look at next season

Personally I actually like and think most of our first team is good enough and passionate enough about QPR and with a summer of Martis coaching - will be a lot better next

Priority has to be keeping Chair, willock, JCS and Cook who personally I think are the key to next season, fantastic defensive pairing and also flair and creative play up top

We need two strikers however as we need to see more clinical finishing and I think depending on anderson we need to bolster our midfield a bit more

Also need a new keeper - begovic has been fine (bar the odd clanger) but time to move on (see Begovic thread!)

So what do we do to keep the above four and ensure we are competitive for play offs
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 07:43 - Apr 21 with 5522 viewsHammersmithR

I have heard Willock is staying and he’s signing a new contract should we stay up. But he needs to a lot more consistent.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 07:53 - Apr 21 with 5454 viewsGaryBannister86

Cook has been, in my eyes, the single most important reason for our better performances this season. Magnificent defender, old school Macca-type. Can play, but crucially also knows when to 'ave it out the box (was it him who did that huge punt clear yesterday). Love him.

He's under contract and at his age surely not going anywhere. Has to be captain next season.

Apart from that I was impressed with Willock going forward but perhaps in the last 10 minutes we saw his downside with some desperately half-hearted tackles.

I am sure Marti is going to want to do major surgery, but to me he will want to keep the spine of Cook, JCS, Dunne, Colback, Field and everything else will be up for grabs.

Big shout for the fans yesterday, and all season, played their part with vigour.

Oh - and well done Begovic for actually making a save. Was right behind it and an excellent stop, no doubt. Credit where it is due. Surely won't be here next season though.

Magic atmosphere at the end. Marti, I will have your babies any time, just call.

And - fab to have the McDonalds on the pitch. A real Macca performance yesterday.

100/1 we go down available if anyone is of a nervous disposition and needs potential compensation.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 08:10 - Apr 21 with 5373 viewsdmm

Two if not three of the four players in the OP could well depart in the summer - Willock for free, Chair and JCS to cash in. I can see up to ten players leaving the squad and we'll need funds to replace many of them.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 08:56 - Apr 21 with 5211 viewsRangersw12

I would love to keep the players you mentioned but we can't make the same mistakes we did a couple of years ago and not selling when stocks are high

Unfortunately we need to cash in on JCS and Chair this summer
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:05 - Apr 21 with 5183 viewslave16

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 08:56 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

I would love to keep the players you mentioned but we can't make the same mistakes we did a couple of years ago and not selling when stocks are high

Looking forward to a full season of Marti Ball next season - where he has had a full preseason and I think we will see a huge improvement in some of the younger players - particularly Armstrong. Also given the quality of the one's brought in in January god knows who we get in but hoping the quality matches the January window.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:24 - Apr 21 with 5097 viewsHAYESBOY

There is no stock in Chair at the moment so not worth selling.

JCS is really the only stock we have or Armstrong.

I really hope the rumours on Willock are true as I can see Marti getting the best out of him next season.

Kakay will go, which is sad as he has been with the club all his life.
Begovic will go as well which I am ok with.
I think if we get a decent offer for Dykes from Scotland, we will accept.

I think Marti will also take more of a look at Koli next year.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:24 - Apr 21 with 5095 viewsNorthantsHoop

I would like to keep Willock gradually getting back to fitness and form, can't see Chair leaving especially with the Belgian prosecution hanging over his head probably reason not sold before. Would like to sign Hayden on a perm deal and keep JCS. The big question is how do we get a better striker and move Dykes on. Frey is clearly unfit and has been since he joined, think there is a decent striker in him but possibly the fitness stuff is a massive problem.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:27 - Apr 21 with 5065 viewsOldPedro

I expect JCS will be sold for decent money. Question mark over Chair until the outcome of his court case/appeal - no one will buy him until that is settled.

Still think Willock will go as his whole contract strategy has been to leave on a free and get a big signing on fee somewhere - probably another Championship club.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:58 - Apr 21 with 4921 viewsAntti_Heinola

A lot of people talking about ‘major surgery’ - we can’t afford that and I doubt it will happen. However, this summer will hinge on three things:
1. Bids for JCS
2. Eze’s rumoured move to City
3. Chair’s legal issues sorting out
All three of those could happen, meaning we sell two players for a combined £10m plus another £7-8m for Eze. That will see some major changes.
Or, none of those three might happen, and we’ll only sign some frees.

Bare bones.

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 4866 viewsdmm

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:58 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

A lot of people talking about ‘major surgery’ - we can’t afford that and I doubt it will happen. However, this summer will hinge on three things:
1. Bids for JCS
All three of those could happen, meaning we sell two players for a combined £10m plus another £7-8m for Eze. That will see some major changes.

With increased revenue from the EFL, our P&S issues easing and one or two higher earners departing, I'd imagine we'd have a bit of a transfer fund available even if we didn't cash in on any players.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 10:45 - Apr 21 with 4788 viewsOldPedro

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:58 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

1. Bids for JCS

There are so many players out of contract at the end of the season, I think we will see a lot of changes. If we don't have transfer funds available, then signings will have to be free transfers.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 11:53 - Apr 21 with 4640 viewsWatfordR

It has seemed to me that Willock hasn't played like someone just running down their contract and looking to keep himself away from any injuries that might scupper a move. Make of that what you may.

I do think if someone is prepared to pay north of £7m for JCS, we should be taking it. I think Paal could move on for £2-3m, and if we can also see £10m from Eze, then we've probably got enough of a budget to considerably improve the squad in the areas needed. I'd be disappointed not to see us in the top half next season, assuming MC stays.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 12:22 - Apr 21 with 4555 viewsellersliehoop

Agreed

We always hang on for too long.

JCS will be worth a few quid now, reluctantly we have to sell lhim
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 12:23 - Apr 21 with 4552 viewsellersliehoop

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 07:53 - Apr 21 by GaryBannister86

Cook has been, in my eyes, the single most important reason for our better performances this season. Magnificent defender, old school Macca-type. Can play, but crucially also knows when to 'ave it out the box (was it him who did that huge punt clear yesterday). Love him.

He's under contract and at his age surely not going anywhere. Has to be captain next season.

Apart from that I was impressed with Willock going forward but perhaps in the last 10 minutes we saw his downside with some desperately half-hearted tackles.

I am sure Marti is going to want to do major surgery, but to me he will want to keep the spine of Cook, JCS, Dunne, Colback, Field and everything else will be up for grabs.

Big shout for the fans yesterday, and all season, played their part with vigour.

Oh - and well done Begovic for actually making a save. Was right behind it and an excellent stop, no doubt. Credit where it is due. Surely won't be here next season though.

Magic atmosphere at the end. Marti, I will have your babies any time, just call.

And - fab to have the McDonalds on the pitch. A real Macca performance yesterday.

100/1 we go down available if anyone is of a nervous disposition and needs potential compensation.

Cook has been superb, very under-rated
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 12:25 - Apr 21 with 4529 viewsGaryBannister86

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 11:53 - Apr 21 by WatfordR

It has seemed to me that Willock hasn't played like someone just running down their contract and looking to keep himself away from any injuries that might scupper a move. Make of that what you may.

I do think if someone is prepared to pay north of £7m for JCS, we should be taking it. I think Paal could move on for £2-3m, and if we can also see £10m from Eze, then we've probably got enough of a budget to considerably improve the squad in the areas needed. I'd be disappointed not to see us in the top half next season, assuming MC stays.

I admire your financial optimism.

I like Paal, but £2m - £3m?!

Unless you actually did mean £2 - £3m - although if we take £2 that would be disappointing.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 12:46 - Apr 21 with 4429 viewsDavieQPR

My two penneth worth. The Championship is not awash with money. Chair won't go anywhere , with his current legal problems JCS, clubs will want to see another injury free season. Wholesale changes don't generally work. Armstrong has got worse not better. That cross from the byline that went for a throw was about ten feet too high. Sorry he is just a big athlete with boots on.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 12:49 - Apr 21 with 4415 viewsNed_Kennedys

Hopefully Chair’s legal situation is resolved quickly so he can be sold in the summer for a reasonable sum. If a half decent offer comes in for Dykes then sell him as well: yesterday’s performance will help.

If we sell those two then we can keep hold of JCS unless a massive offer comes in: far more important to the team than Chair or Dykes. If not then we will have to cash in on JCS.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 13:04 - Apr 21 with 4379 viewsed_83

If we don't receive any serious offers for Chair, JCS etc (and certainly in Chair's case it seems that the market tends to value our players far less generously than we do) then they'll stay. If offers do come in, then anyone who can be sold will (and should) be sold

Absolute worst case scenario is that JCS, Chair and others end up like Dickie, Dieng, Bright, Manning and countless others (potentially including Willock depending on his contract) who could and should have been sold for profit, but ended up making a loss because we held onto them too long or otherwise mismanaged things.

I know it's tempting to say that we have to prioritise keeping certain players, but that's exactly the mistake we made under Warburton. We should welcome selling JCS or Chair or whoever else, as long as it's for the right amount and with the money reinvested properly.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 14:01 - Apr 21 with 4242 viewshoops_legend

Never understand why fans obsess over us selling any players to get a bit of money in… honestly what is the point if as soon as anyone does alright we look at making a small profit. It just means we need to start again, make new purchases and it’s risky. Infact qpr are famously bad at buying players so Infact I would say it’s not worth it

We have players who fit in well and can do even better so let’s build team around then
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:13 - Apr 21 with 4153 viewsThird_Division_South

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 14:01 - Apr 21 by hoops_legend

Never understand why fans obsess over us selling any players to get a bit of money in… honestly what is the point if as soon as anyone does alright we look at making a small profit. It just means we need to start again, make new purchases and it’s risky. Infact qpr are famously bad at buying players so Infact I would say it’s not worth it

We have players who fit in well and can do even better so let’s build team around then

Sorry, but selling JCS for a reasonable fee is exactly what we should be doing. £5M, if used properly, would allow us to buy a couple of decent attacking players and a promising young centre back from a lower league side who could be coached alongside Cook and Dunne. We’ve also got Fox, Larkeshe and Cannon who didn’t start yesterday. I know it’s old ground but buying low, JCS was free, and selling when the players stock rises is exactly what got Brentford where they are now. Also, this is the first season he’s played 30 games and he could well revert back to being a sick note next season.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:16 - Apr 21 with 4135 viewsRangersw12

Because we need to for FFP .

The reason it's been so tight this year is because we didn't cash in on Dickie , Seny or Willock when we should have done
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:16 - Apr 21 with 4136 viewsrobith

We absolutely have to cash in on JCS. Stock is high and with his injury profile we can't be sure it will stay that way
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:56 - Apr 21 with 4065 viewsChrisNW6

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 07:43 - Apr 21 by HammersmithR

I have heard Willock is staying and he’s signing a new contract should we stay up. But he needs to a lot more consistent.

Would be great news if true, I am guessing it would make him one of the clubs highest earners and he's still young enough to get a decent transfer fee for if he really performs.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:59 - Apr 21 with 3909 viewsstainrods_elbow

The minoritarian voice of sanity! Some people follow QPR like they're playing Monopoly! I've been watching QPR for half a century and could count on the fingers of one hand when the club has sold high and fruitfully reinvested. Marsh outgoing and then Bowles, Thomas and Givens incoming; Tricky out and Sinton in; and then I'm struggling. Unless they want to leave or the EFL really is out to get us all over again, we need to keep Cook, Clarke-Salter, Chair, Willock and Hayden, and build around them. However, Paal is sellable, Armstrong screamingly loanable, Field replaceable (sorry, Sam), and Lyndon urgently exportable to Scotland.
[Post edited 21 Apr 18:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:59 - Apr 21 with 3924 viewshoops_legend

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:16 - Apr 21 by robith

We absolutely have to cash in on JCS. Stock is high and with his injury profile we can't be sure it will stay that way

Hes 26 and one of our best players

If we sell him we have no ambitions at all. Do not cash in and let’s play football
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024