Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ginger ninja. 08:13 - Apr 21 with 4212 viewsconnell10

I thought he was bloody brilliant and definitely the man of the match for me! Well played Sir.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Ginger ninja. on 08:19 - Apr 21 with 3335 viewsToast_R

I was worried when he got his silly booking first half but he wised up and played a smart game after that whilst still being effective.
The Ginger ninja. on 08:38 - Apr 21 with 3242 viewsconnell10

The Ginger ninja. on 08:19 - Apr 21 by Toast_R

I was worried when he got his silly booking first half but he wised up and played a smart game after that whilst still being effective.

I just think he makes the whole team play better , links up the defence to attack very well.

The Ginger ninja. on 08:53 - Apr 21 with 3122 viewsgazza1

The Ginger ninja. on 08:38 - Apr 21 by connell10

I just think he makes the whole team play better , links up the defence to attack very well.

He is 'big' for the Team and whilst many posters do not rate him thankfully MC knows just how important he is for the Team.

Yesterday, he along with several players were excellent. Posters can go on about his bookings, etc but that is how he stamps his authority on the game and he will not change - he is a ginger!!! He is good for the less experienced as well, yesterday, 90 odd minutes gone, PNE had a throw in deep in their half, Armstrong meandering around and he told him 3 times to get his arse nearer to the action - Armstrong duly reacted and would have learned not to stand 25 yards away but to get closer and more involved.

Colback is decent.
The Ginger ninja. on 09:05 - Apr 21 with 3078 viewsMickB

The new Joey Barton? Take that as you wish.
The Ginger ninja. on 09:28 - Apr 21 with 2986 viewsHAYESBOY

It infuriates me though getting a yellow for back chat to the ref.

Thought he was ok yesterday. Field better for me and JCS MoM.

Smells like a trout farm in here

The Ginger ninja. on 09:37 - Apr 21 with 2930 viewsfrancisbowles

The Ginger ninja. on 09:28 - Apr 21 by HAYESBOY

It infuriates me though getting a yellow for back chat to the ref.

Thought he was ok yesterday. Field better for me and JCS MoM.

It was for kicking the ball away. Stupid booking

However, he kept everything under control after that and made a huge contribution.

Agree JCS mom, followed by Field.
The Ginger ninja. on 09:49 - Apr 21 with 2868 viewsnumptydumpty

Played well yesterday. Was decent.

He won't be able to change with regards to disciplinary issues though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

The Ginger ninja. on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 2789 viewsdm97

Though he's dumber than a dish towel and makes decisions you'd lambast a u23s player for making, his bite and pace over 5-10 yards makes a big difference at home in particular. Field/Hayden pretty similar profiles and we saw at Hull they can get outrun, which Colback helps mitigate.

Will miss 15-20 games next season through being an idiot and being mid 30s, need another couple of options in there for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ginger ninja. on 11:01 - Apr 21 with 2635 viewsPlanetHonneywood

OP...100% agreed with.

Colbeck was our standout man among several notable candidates.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Ginger ninja. on 11:10 - Apr 21 with 2582 viewsstevec

The Ginger ninja. on 11:01 - Apr 21 by PlanetHonneywood

OP...100% agreed with.

Colbeck was our standout man among several notable candidates.

Indeed. There’s a number of decent players in there now who could be really useful with a few more better additions around them.
The Ginger ninja. on 11:17 - Apr 21 with 2567 viewsNorthernr

That was one of his best for us yesterday. Experienced player stepping up on a big occasion. Great to see.
The Ginger ninja. on 11:36 - Apr 21 with 2480 viewsnix

I've criticised him for playing a bit too safe - passing backwards and sideways too much and getting us into trouble as a result. But he was good yesterday.

Would love him to drop the stupid bookings though.
The Ginger ninja. on 11:43 - Apr 21 with 2440 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Ginger ninja. on 11:10 - Apr 21 by stevec

Indeed. There’s a number of decent players in there now who could be really useful with a few more better additions around them.

And therein lies the work for preseason

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Ginger ninja. on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 2239 viewsgazza1

Its a real shame that posters cannot see how important 'ginger' is to this team, a real shame. Contrary to what gets written, he does not always pass back or sideways(he does if nothing forward is available). He positioning is very good, he supports play well both attacking wise and defensively, I do not go along with the statements to say that he is slow, he uses the ball intelligently and provides the experience that players need, even Field. He scores goals or he has this season, only one or so less than LD!!! MC picks him over most of the midfield players in his role.....posters should recognise that.

Yes he has faults, bookings are not good but it is his way of playing and expressing himself, yes he gives the ball away occasionally, yes he does pick up injuries, etc, etc. I cannot be sure but I would expect he is very vocal on the training ground too for all of the players, especially the younger ones but also the more experienced, maybe the Manager as well.

Posters need to get aware that he will be here next year and MC will be selecting him when he is fit and available.....not because he is a poor player but because he is very decent indeed.
The Ginger ninja. on 06:23 - Apr 27 with 1747 viewsconnell10

Had another great game last night , just so calm on the ball, I think he adds so much to the team.

The Ginger ninja. on 06:40 - Apr 27 with 1662 viewshoops_legend

The Ginger ninja. on 06:23 - Apr 27 by connell10

Had another great game last night , just so calm on the ball, I think he adds so much to the team.

He’s decent and as pointed out here I would like to see another midfield addition here so we are reliant on him due to his number of bookings etc

However definitely been an asset to us and like him in Hoops
The Ginger ninja. on 08:22 - Apr 27 with 1420 viewsgazza1

The Ginger ninja. on 06:23 - Apr 27 by connell10

'Ginger', along with many of the players, did very well last night (another booking!!!)....he may not have the armband but he is a captain like Cook is as well.
The Ginger ninja. on 08:38 - Apr 27 with 1345 viewsstevec

The Ginger ninja. on 08:22 - Apr 27 by gazza1

'Ginger', along with many of the players, did very well last night (another booking!!!)....he may not have the armband but he is a captain like Cook is as well.

Captain Cook! He’s certainly given us endeavour.

I’ll get my coat.
The Ginger ninja. on 08:50 - Apr 27 with 1255 viewsdmm

I too thought Colback played very well last night and was surprised at the relatively low ratings he's got on football sites.

When he's focused on his actual football, he's a great asset. It's when he's playing the midfield bully that he becomes a liability.
The Ginger ninja. on 08:51 - Apr 27 with 1249 viewsRed_Ranger

Pro.

Top player.

Safe pair of hands in the middle.
The Ginger ninja. on 08:55 - Apr 27 with 1215 viewsPaddyhoops

A cut above last night . Controlled the game. Composure in spades.
The Ginger ninja. on 09:05 - Apr 27 with 1146 viewskernowhoop

I could not believe the time and space that we won in midfield. Not sure if it was Marti's tactics or a failing on the part of Leeds United, but if it was a result of planning, then we ought to download it into the QPR memory bank for next season.
The Ginger ninja. on 09:09 - Apr 27 with 1124 viewsMalintabuk

On the thread I thought he was our best player.... had a quieter 2nd half which for me dropped him for MOTM.... but a good player for us and with Cook... great buys from the Aimsworth debacle
The Ginger ninja. on 09:23 - Apr 27 with 1035 viewspaulparker

Definitely MOTM last night , he bossed that midfield

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Ginger ninja. on 10:03 - Apr 27 with 929 viewsconnell10

The Ginger ninja. on 09:23 - Apr 27 by paulparker

Definitely MOTM last night , he bossed that midfield

I'd goes as far to say that he was what was missing from that Leeds team .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024