Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Abuse 10:03 - Apr 23 with 3177 viewsdmm

I think this article has it about right. Yes, I know if we got promoted to the PL it could, if we dealt with it in the right way, transform our financial position (dream on, you might say). However, as this article suggests, it would be like a short marriage to someone very wealthy but also violent, arrogant and abusive.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2024/apr/23/for-sheffield-united-and-c

Would I take the misery of playing in the PL? Yes, for the sake of the club, through gritted teeth and just for a season before returning to the Championship.
Premier League Abuse on 11:56 - Apr 23 with 2570 viewsdaveB

The Premier League is like any other league in that if you go there and do well it's a lot of fun, if you are crap it's awful. the chances of being crap in that league are a lot higher than the others as the top teams are so strong but likes of Palace, Brentford, Brighton have shown you can go up and do well
Premier League Abuse on 12:31 - Apr 23 with 2448 viewsted_hendrix

I have no Interest In at all.

I dont subscribe to this shyte about playing the top teams in the worlds best league, go and fck yourself, who do you think you are?

I'll give you one example of the Prem league, 80 odd minutes into a game at home to chelshit and It's 0-0 we haven't been great nor had they but their players were better than ours and you could see that, about the 82nd minute their bloke gets the ball outside of our penalty box and calmly puts it into the back of our net, I take one look at the Korean bloke sat next to me and his Missus, quick look round the lower loft and I get up walk out and go home thoroughly pissed off with It all.

Kill me If I've got this wrong but football nowadays Is obsessed with money and the pursuit of money.

Even I know that Its vital for financial reasons that we don't get relegated this season but years ago It wasn't like that was It?

I haven't heard a Talksport radio programme for ages now as It Is In the main waffle, the last time I had It on the radio they were yapping how vitally Important It was to get promoted to the Premier league for Its financial benefits'.

I always thought football was about winning games and winning the league you were playing In.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Premier League Abuse on 12:38 - Apr 23 with 2411 viewsGaryBannister86

Premier League Abuse on 12:31 - Apr 23 by ted_hendrix

I dont subscribe to this shyte about playing the top teams in the worlds best league, go and fck yourself, who do you think you are?

I'll give you one example of the Prem league, 80 odd minutes into a game at home to chelshit and It's 0-0 we haven't been great nor had they but their players were better than ours and you could see that, about the 82nd minute their bloke gets the ball outside of our penalty box and calmly puts it into the back of our net, I take one look at the Korean bloke sat next to me and his Missus, quick look round the lower loft and I get up walk out and go home thoroughly pissed off with It all.

Kill me If I've got this wrong but football nowadays Is obsessed with money and the pursuit of money.

Even I know that Its vital for financial reasons that we don't get relegated this season but years ago It wasn't like that was It?

I haven't heard a Talksport radio programme for ages now as It Is In the main waffle, the last time I had It on the radio they were yapping how vitally Important It was to get promoted to the Premier league for Its financial benefits'.

I always thought football was about winning games and winning the league you were playing In.

I do agree with plenty of that, but the last time we were in the Premier league there was very little connection between the fans and the club or, most definitely, the players.

If by some Marti miracle we got there again, a fan base that will sell out Loftus Road at home to Rotherham, there is going to be no room for the tourists, and there won't need to be.

We would also have a team that we could be proud of.

But, having said that, I agree with Liew's general points. Unless we can get going like Brentford or Brighton, it is incredibly painful - even Brentford this season have hardly won many games.
Premier League Abuse on 12:48 - Apr 23 with 2355 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Premier League Abuse on 11:56 - Apr 23 by daveB

The Premier League is like any other league in that if you go there and do well it's a lot of fun, if you are crap it's awful. the chances of being crap in that league are a lot higher than the others as the top teams are so strong but likes of Palace, Brentford, Brighton have shown you can go up and do well

Yet I'd say any club outside of the 'big' 6 are one bad season from relegation.
Chelsea are woeful, yet still comfortable, and will go and spend another mountain of cash to finish 11th again. Brentford, Brighton etc can't/won't do that and will be setting their season goal to reach 40 points, anything above that is a Brucie.

The 6 clubs should have gone to their Euro League. I think most supporters of every other club would happily of waved them off.
Premier League Abuse on 13:09 - Apr 23 with 2273 viewsJuzzie

One is assuming that if we (or any club) gets promoted that the abundance of riches is then to the benefit of the club.

It isn't, it just all goes on insane player transfer fees, player salaries and agents fees. If it didn't clubs wouldn't have huge debt, FFP problems and 155% income/player salary ratios.

How much does the club actually get to spend on anything else? Very little I'd imagine.
Premier League Abuse on 13:19 - Apr 23 with 2213 viewshantssi

Premier League Abuse on 13:09 - Apr 23 by Juzzie

One is assuming that if we (or any club) gets promoted that the abundance of riches is then to the benefit of the club.

It isn't, it just all goes on insane player transfer fees, player salaries and agents fees. If it didn't clubs wouldn't have huge debt, FFP problems and 155% income/player salary ratios.

How much does the club actually get to spend on anything else? Very little I'd imagine.

Agree, however we could do a Luton or what West Brom and to a lesser extent Norwich used to do and just not indulge ourselves and pander to the “announce a striker” brigade!
Inevitably we’d get relegated but we did last time despite nearly bankrupting the club in the process.
Premier League Abuse on 13:29 - Apr 23 with 2154 viewsAntti_Heinola

Premier League Abuse on 12:31 - Apr 23 by ted_hendrix

Depends when you're talking about, but certainly in the 70s and 80s teams either went out of business or came exceedingly close to doing so through the similar sort of mismanagement and relegations we see with teams today: Charlton, Boro, Swansea just off the top of my head, a decade or so before the Prem existed. the gulfs are much wider now of course; but in the 70s 2nd Division teams often used to outbid 1st division teams with wages to sign players, who would drop a division for more money. John Burridge did it almost every season.

Bare bones.

Premier League Abuse on 13:36 - Apr 23 with 2105 viewsBlackCrowe

If were to ever happen to us...get promoted, get rich, spend nothing, get relegated, get parachute payments, get financial stability to build a sustainable future. A one season-hit would be worthwhile.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Abuse on 14:03 - Apr 23 with 1967 viewsSheffieldHoop

Do non-league teams speak about the EFL like this? Probably not right now, but with the new TV deal coming, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody wants to be in the EFL in a couple of years either. Very sad what they've done to our sport.

VAR, FFP, this obsession with making the sport as attractive as possible to everybody except the "legacy" fan. Very difficult to support any of it these days.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Premier League Abuse on 14:09 - Apr 23 with 1950 viewsNorthernr

Premier League Abuse on 14:03 - Apr 23 by SheffieldHoop

Do non-league teams speak about the EFL like this? Probably not right now, but with the new TV deal coming, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody wants to be in the EFL in a couple of years either. Very sad what they've done to our sport.

VAR, FFP, this obsession with making the sport as attractive as possible to everybody except the "legacy" fan. Very difficult to support any of it these days.

I think most QPR fans have been so caught up in whether we'll actually be in this league or not, the new Championship TV deal and what it does to next season's fixture list hasn't really sunk in but for the homer and awayers it's going to be absolutely fcking horrendous. Basically 'fine if we can't televise stuff at 3pm on a Saturday, we'll just move everything away from Saturday 3pm so we can'. For instance I believe every game on the opening day of next season is televised, which means none of them will be Saturday 3pm, and the 'opening day' is going to be spread across Thursday-Monday.

Premier League, as I said on another thread recently I used to watch all of it. Now very select. We have it on in the pub on Saturday, during the week not much at all. I didn't enjoy our most recent spells up there, but then we were sht. If we were Brighton, suddenly beating Ajax and going round Europe with QPR, then I'd be absolutely loving life. It's the VAR more than anything that turns me off it, I just think it's absolutely torching the whole sport.
Premier League Abuse on 14:16 - Apr 23 with 1875 viewsSheffieldHoop

Premier League Abuse on 14:09 - Apr 23 by Northernr

I think most QPR fans have been so caught up in whether we'll actually be in this league or not, the new Championship TV deal and what it does to next season's fixture list hasn't really sunk in but for the homer and awayers it's going to be absolutely fcking horrendous. Basically 'fine if we can't televise stuff at 3pm on a Saturday, we'll just move everything away from Saturday 3pm so we can'. For instance I believe every game on the opening day of next season is televised, which means none of them will be Saturday 3pm, and the 'opening day' is going to be spread across Thursday-Monday.

Premier League, as I said on another thread recently I used to watch all of it. Now very select. We have it on in the pub on Saturday, during the week not much at all. I didn't enjoy our most recent spells up there, but then we were sht. If we were Brighton, suddenly beating Ajax and going round Europe with QPR, then I'd be absolutely loving life. It's the VAR more than anything that turns me off it, I just think it's absolutely torching the whole sport.

I think that Cov decision on Sunday was my final straw. Will be going to a lot more cricket from now on. Ruined our favourite thing in the world. Cnts.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Premier League Abuse on 14:18 - Apr 23 with 1863 viewsNorthernr

Premier League Abuse on 14:16 - Apr 23 by SheffieldHoop

I think that Cov decision on Sunday was my final straw. Will be going to a lot more cricket from now on. Ruined our favourite thing in the world. Cnts.

We were round a mate's for Sunday dinner. LFW group chat started going off as Cov came back so I made them stick it on, got massively into it, cheering them on, living room going mad, Coventry score a fourth unreal.

But, no. Here comes the cnt with the lap top again.

Not for me Clive.
Premier League Abuse on 14:28 - Apr 23 with 1802 viewsted_hendrix

I'm struggling to think of a game away In the Prem that I enjoyed, all I can come up with was the away win at Goodison 1-0 a good laughing journey home, wrong I'm not gonna rewrite this but i've just remembered the away win at Chelshit that night was superb, 99% of the away games I went to were expensive and hard work.
Each to their own and all that bolox..............
Whatever.
Let's just get this bloody season over.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Premier League Abuse on 14:29 - Apr 23 with 1790 viewsdaveB

Only on this site could you have one thread in a panic about us going to league One in a fortnight and now another worrying about getting promoted.
Premier League Abuse on 16:14 - Apr 23 with 1546 viewsBushRanger82

I wouldn't be too sorry, if we never got to the premier league again.
Every club below the the top six clubs, is only ever on borrowed time.
Besides, where's the fun in being in a league you never have any chance of winning?
Premier League Abuse on 16:43 - Apr 23 with 1467 viewsdaveB

Premier League Abuse on 16:14 - Apr 23 by BushRanger82

I wouldn't be too sorry, if we never got to the premier league again.
Every club below the the top six clubs, is only ever on borrowed time.
Besides, where's the fun in being in a league you never have any chance of winning?

Sounds like us in the Championship the last 8 years
Premier League Abuse on 20:34 - Apr 23 with 1177 viewsswitchingcode

Premier League Abuse on 11:56 - Apr 23 by daveB

I hate the Premier league the list as to why would take too long.Loved going to Luton Saturday reminded me of the good old days.
Premier League Abuse on 20:55 - Apr 23 with 1109 viewsdmm

Premier League Abuse on 20:34 - Apr 23 by switchingcode

I hate the Premier league the list as to why would take too long.Loved going to Luton Saturday reminded me of the good old days.

I'd be interested in, say, the top three reasons you hate the PL.
Premier League Abuse on 21:12 - Apr 23 with 1071 viewssimmo

All I will say is that the few years we were in the PL were the least enjoyable in my lifetime.

The lack of player connection, fairweather and entitled fans, bad kits, distance from the community aspects, agent feeding frenzy, all to be in a league we can't win...

The upside is if you can get things right, there's a chance to have a good couple of years and do a Burnley/Villa/West Ham with it culminating in a European campaign. Along with winning the FA Cup (LOLZ), that's the dream for me.

Personally if you told me we could win the Championship, take the money and then stay in this league to keep building, I'd probably bite your hand off - mainly because I wouldn't trust this ownership group to not fúck things up again.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Premier League Abuse on 21:16 - Apr 23 with 1049 viewsswitchingcode

Premier League Abuse on 20:55 - Apr 23 by dmm

I'd be interested in, say, the top three reasons you hate the PL.

Var
Away games apart from luton and Fulham
Tourists
Half and Half scarfs
Dreadful kick off time
Rescheduled fixtures to even more dreadful kick off times
Over rated over paid footballers

Sorry got carried away
Premier League Abuse on 21:22 - Apr 23 with 1027 viewsdaveB

It's a good watch tonight, Chelsea getting battered again
Premier League Abuse on 21:25 - Apr 23 with 1012 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Premier League Abuse on 14:29 - Apr 23 by daveB

Only on this site could you have one thread in a panic about us going to league One in a fortnight and now another worrying about getting promoted.

Chuckled.

Spot on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Premier League Abuse on 21:37 - Apr 23 with 973 viewsdaveB

Premier League Abuse on 21:25 - Apr 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Chuckled.

Spot on.

and inbetween we've got Clive warning us about staying up due to the tv deal.

The mad bit is I agree with all of them which shows we'll never really be happy
Premier League Abuse on 21:40 - Apr 23 with 961 viewsMatch82

Don't particularly want us to be in the Premier league but the journey getting there sure would be fun.
Premier League Abuse on 01:06 - Apr 24 with 814 viewsDannyPaddox

I said it before, after, and during Richard Keogh’s memorable Wembley assist to Lord Zamora of That’ll Do Very Nicely Thank You. When you win the Play-Off you should be given the choice to go up or send the team you’ve beaten up up. We should’ve put Derby in the Premier League, sacked Redknapp, and appointed someone who gave a fcuk in our attempt to win the coveted Championship crown.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024