Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we capable of going up next season. 22:24 - Apr 29 with 7319 viewsqpr_1968

why not...
we can beat anyone..
consistency.....
couple of new signings...
full house every game..
top manager...
do you know what....can't fking wait for next season.
big name friendly at home...
tour of ireland....that will do me...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 20:35 - Apr 30 with 1597 viewsswitchingcode

Next season the league looks like being the most unpredictable in years for once the relegated teams won’t be as strong as this season apart from maybe Burnley (could still survive hopefully at the expense of Forrest)can’t see any of the teams coming up being the whipping boys.Every clubs fans must be thinking that a top 6 finish is possible.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 20:39 - Apr 30 with 1587 viewsLblock

"Darlin.. darlin.... do you know where I put my Warren Farm hat love?"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Are we capable of going up next season. on 20:55 - Apr 30 with 1551 viewsNorrisGreen

Are we capable of going up next season. on 20:39 - Apr 30 by Lblock

"Darlin.. darlin.... do you know where I put my Warren Farm hat love?"

Can't see it. Too many poor results and performances. Whatever way you choose to extrapolate Marti's tenure into a 46-game tally it's upper midtable at best.
We need fullbacks, a dynamic forward minded midfielder, wingers and attackers to go up to next level.
I'd be happy with maintaining a positive goal-difference through the season. That'd keep us well clear of relegation worries and solid in top half of table with the possibility of dreaming of a 4-game spurt to have us sniffing about top 6.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 21:09 - Apr 30 with 1510 viewsTonto

Top 10.a distinct possibility. Flirt with the playoffs maybe based on our points per game under Marti. Automatic promotion? No chance

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 09:49 - May 1 with 1292 viewsterryb

Are we capable of going up next season. on 16:11 - Apr 30 by dm97

Of course it’s a (remote) possibility, but we’re all kidding ourselves if you genuinely think we will go up or be in the top 6 next season. All the usual problems remain, but we’ve landed on a special manager who is able through good coaching and tactical awareness to win games through his decision making - a trait I haven’t seen in an R/s gaffer since NW and even then he had Adel.

Progression after the cluster f*** of Beale-NC-Gaz for me would be: 14-8th, playing good football recruiting under the buy-to-sell model, seeing some youngsters (Kolli / SA) developing here or on loan, and making more strides off the pitch (love what they’ve done with away tickets at LR e.g.).

If you’re expecting more I think that’s unfair given where we have been for nearly two years!
[Post edited 30 Apr 16:12]

Isn't this exactly where we were in the summer of 2010? The idea of being in the top 6 after signing Hill & Derry was far from the minds of a lot of people!

I doubt that we are ready for this yet, but I can't think of one club outside the current top 7 who I would expect to finish above us. Possibly/probably others will, but that is because all clubs are likely to perform differently than in the previous season.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 10:04 - May 1 with 1250 viewsAntti_Heinola

I wouldn't get too carried away. Marti has made us into a competitive side, but top 6 teams tend to fall into these categories:

1. Teams with parachute money, who have either just come out the Prem and therefore still have quality players, plus flush from money from inevitable sales, able to buy the better players in the champ. Leeds, Leicester, Southampton this year.

2. Teams with parachute money not just out the Prem, but still in a better financial situation that most of the league. Norwich.

3. Teams able to spend a fair bit of money. Hull.

4. Teams with a genuinely transformative manager. Ipswich this year, Huddersfield and Sheff U in recent history.

5. Teams with a player so good they can't really fail. Us with Adel.

WBA are sort of a mix of 1, 2 and 4, but don't have all the elements of all of those things.

We possibly have number 4. The rest we do not. Marti is in a hurry though. I'm sure play-offs will be the aim, but upper mid table will be an achievement.

Bare bones.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 10:28 - May 1 with 1200 viewsbosh67

Honestly I'd just like us to be in and around the top 12. Being half way or higher next season without real concerns would be a huge step in the right direction. We honestly an't compete with much of the top 6 unless we do an Ipswich or Luton. If Marti can get us top half and stable that will be a huge achievement after seasons of flirting with relegation.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:26 - May 1 with 1135 viewskernowhoop

Depends on retention and recruitment, but we should plan to get in the top six. Planning for mid-table is a dangerous strategy. It would not suit talented, ambitious players, nor is it 'safe'. A few unfortunate results and it becomes a relegation fight.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:31 - May 1 with 1124 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we capable of going up next season. on 10:04 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

I wouldn't get too carried away. Marti has made us into a competitive side, but top 6 teams tend to fall into these categories:

1. Teams with parachute money, who have either just come out the Prem and therefore still have quality players, plus flush from money from inevitable sales, able to buy the better players in the champ. Leeds, Leicester, Southampton this year.

2. Teams with parachute money not just out the Prem, but still in a better financial situation that most of the league. Norwich.

3. Teams able to spend a fair bit of money. Hull.

4. Teams with a genuinely transformative manager. Ipswich this year, Huddersfield and Sheff U in recent history.

5. Teams with a player so good they can't really fail. Us with Adel.

WBA are sort of a mix of 1, 2 and 4, but don't have all the elements of all of those things.

We possibly have number 4. The rest we do not. Marti is in a hurry though. I'm sure play-offs will be the aim, but upper mid table will be an achievement.

I agree, but you could argue:

1 - parachute money - not us, of course

2 - better financial situation +
3 - able to spend a fair bit of money - yes, if Eze gets sold maybe?

4 - transformative manager - yes, Marti

5 - a player so good they can't fail - yes, Cook. I think his impact this year was unbelievable.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:40 - May 1 with 1070 viewsPhilmyRs

The answer is YES, but will all come down to how successful we are with our recruitment and given the amount of change that needs to happen, and the likely limited budget to do it, it's going to be very hard.

That said, we do have the right manager, we have some players that are good enough, a lot that aren't, so if we can inject some more quality into the team, and add depth to the squad, a top 6 challenge is doable. If you make it into the top 6, anything's possible.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:53 - May 1 with 1024 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:26 - May 1 by kernowhoop

Depends on retention and recruitment, but we should plan to get in the top six. Planning for mid-table is a dangerous strategy. It would not suit talented, ambitious players, nor is it 'safe'. A few unfortunate results and it becomes a relegation fight.

There's a big difference between aims and expectations.
[Post edited 1 May 11:54]

Bare bones.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:54 - May 1 with 1020 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:31 - May 1 by GaryBannister86

I agree, but you could argue:

1 - parachute money - not us, of course

2 - better financial situation +
3 - able to spend a fair bit of money - yes, if Eze gets sold maybe?

4 - transformative manager - yes, Marti

5 - a player so good they can't fail - yes, Cook. I think his impact this year was unbelievable.

Cook is not in that bracket, and a defender never will be. Good as he is!

Bare bones.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:56 - May 1 with 1017 viewsconnell10

Mid table and a good cup run would do me.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:00 - May 1 with 998 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:54 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

Cook is not in that bracket, and a defender never will be. Good as he is!

I don't know about that - I bet his win / clean sheet per appearance record (in a far worse team than Adel's) may compare pretty favourably to AT. You've got to keep 'em out too!

And that's with minimal help from the keeper, but I believe there is already a thread on that somewhere :-)
Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:14 - May 1 with 942 viewsNorthantsHoop

Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:00 - May 1 by GaryBannister86

I don't know about that - I bet his win / clean sheet per appearance record (in a far worse team than Adel's) may compare pretty favourably to AT. You've got to keep 'em out too!

And that's with minimal help from the keeper, but I believe there is already a thread on that somewhere :-)

Would like us to aim for being in the top 10 and if we are good enough a chance of a play off place. One of the biggest priorities is getting Loftus Road back to fortress status and a tough place to come for a result.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:23 - May 1 with 905 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:00 - May 1 by GaryBannister86

You always get key components to any team. But Adel got 19 goals and 19 assists. Forwards win you games.

Bare bones.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 15:04 - May 1 with 807 viewsnadera78

Play offs.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 19:36 - May 1 with 707 viewsellersliehoop

Are we capable of going up next season. on 15:04 - May 1 by nadera78

Play offs.

I just cant wait for next season. I started the season with zero interest when Ainsworth was in charge. I'll look forward to next season more than I have for a long time.

That's all down to Cifuentes
Are we capable of going up next season. on 19:48 - May 1 with 695 viewsTonto

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:56 - May 1 by connell10

Mid table and a good cup run would do me.

Cup run? Now that really is asking too much

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 19:58 - May 1 with 663 viewsVancouverHoop

Lots of variables naturally, but play-offs* are not unreasonable. Our record post-Marti's arrival indicates that.

* Personally I despise the EPL. I'd love to win the play-offs then decline promotion. It would really put the cat among the pigeons. Just a dream of course.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 20:48 - May 1 with 593 viewsLongsufferingR

Never mind next season, we need to think what the strategy should be for us in the Prem the season after.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 21:00 - May 1 with 567 viewsqpr_1968

Are we capable of going up next season. on 08:46 - Apr 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly.
I laughed when I saw the title of the thread.

We gave him less than 72 hours to savour the success.

well hopefully this time next year you'll be eating your words....
if not....
i'll be eating me hat.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 21:24 - May 1 with 513 viewsLoft1979

Saturdays line up:
Archer, Kakay, Drewe, Fox, Cannon, Dixon-Bonner, Hodges, Anderson, Dykes, Armstrong, Pedder.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 21:45 - May 1 with 480 viewscolinallcars

I usually err on the side of caution but I really feel this bloke can achieve something special here.
As always a couplet from a songs pops into my head :
Marti is a purist
Not your polyester tourist.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 09:28 - May 2 with 333 viewsEsox_Lucius

Are we capable of going up next season. on 21:24 - May 1 by Loft1979

Saturdays line up:
Archer, Kakay, Drewe, Fox, Cannon, Dixon-Bonner, Hodges, Anderson, Dykes, Armstrong, Pedder.

Salamon,
Dunne, JCS, Cook, Paal
Hayden, Field, Anderson
Chair, Willock
Alfie Lloyd (who will score a brace in a 4-1 win. Chair & Field with the other two).

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024