Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovision nul or douze points 21:05 - May 7 with 8837 viewsChrisNW6

You going to be avoiding at all costs or embracing a night of euro bonkers TV. My girls love it, probably down to me getting the sweepstake and scorecards going from a young age 😁

The scoring has gone to another level and far to confusing, not to mention political.

Anyone else tuning in on Saturday night, I seem to remember we get a small bit of interest on here.
Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:08 - May 7 with 3061 viewsdenhamhoop2

Am currently watching the first Semi Final Croatia to win for me it's so awful that it will win. There are some very attractive young ladies competing UK will come in the bottom 3 the song isn't that good and Olly Alexander isn't the best singer not a good combination
Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:16 - May 7 with 3015 viewsDorse

Eurovision is brilliant. End of. Went to Lisbon to see it a few years ago and it was just fantastic.
From what I've seen so far, Croatia's 'Rammstein-lite' schtick is the one to beat.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:16 - May 7 with 3013 viewsNed_Kennedys

Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:08 - May 7 by denhamhoop2

Am currently watching the first Semi Final Croatia to win for me it's so awful that it will win. There are some very attractive young ladies competing UK will come in the bottom 3 the song isn't that good and Olly Alexander isn't the best singer not a good combination

I always watch it all: half of the songs are garbage but it’s entertaining enough.
Croatia looks like it’s trying hard to be this year’s Finland but it’s not a patch on Cha Cha Cha.
UK entry is just generic euro pop and the bloke can’t sing: no chance of winning.l
[Post edited 7 May 21:17]
Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:16 - May 7 with 3020 viewsaston_hoop

Its a bit of fun aint it. Ireland was quite something....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:21 - May 7 with 3000 viewsChrisNW6

Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:16 - May 7 by aston_hoop

Its a bit of fun aint it. Ireland was quite something....

Yep, might need to sacrifice a lamb in the final. Totally bonkers but catchy at the same time. Will be top 10.
Eurovision nul or douze points on 23:13 - May 7 with 2845 viewsaston_hoop

Eurovision nul or douze points on 21:21 - May 7 by ChrisNW6

Yep, might need to sacrifice a lamb in the final. Totally bonkers but catchy at the same time. Will be top 10.

I can see that happening. Makes a change from sending him out of Westlife or someone who finished 11th on the X Factor, thats for sure

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Eurovision nul or douze points on 23:19 - May 7 with 2832 viewsGaryT

A big tradition now with several families around the world trying to pick the winner. Ukraine and Croatia the two standouts in the 1st semi but I think the winner is in the 2nd one. Italy is my favourite but I think it will be either Switzerland or (even more crazy than cha cha cha), the Netherlands.
Eurovision nul or douze points on 23:21 - May 7 with 2811 viewsted_hendrix

Thankfully haven't turned the television on for for Years and Years.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Eurovision nul or douze points on 23:27 - May 7 with 2805 viewsconnell10

Eurovision is f ucking awful , always has been, always will be imo.Euro pop you can stick up ya arse.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eurovision nul or douze points on 06:59 - May 8 with 2624 viewsnumptydumpty

Saw the small summary of each song yesterday, most were very similar and not exactly memorable.Think Olly Alexander is a decent actor but as a singer, not that great and the song is very poor. Surely we can do better especially though with our song choice.

Wonder what our odds for null point are.

Saying that though the voting is so nuts, we will probably win. Occasionally great songs appear but it's very rare.

In effect, its like the reality series "Big Brother" is to TV Journalism as the "Eurovision" is to Serious Musical Craft !!
[Post edited 8 May 7:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Eurovision nul or douze points on 07:53 - May 8 with 2540 viewsdmm

I never watch this trash but if I did, this year I'd boycott it.
Eurovision nul or douze points on 07:58 - May 8 with 2537 viewssprocket

What were they thinking putting lads dressed up as boxers, dancing for UK entry?
Eurovision nul or douze points on 08:04 - May 8 with 2526 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think I'm grouting the bathroom that night. And if I'm not, then I am now.

Utter crap, which I thought Brexit meant we no longer had to participate in. They 'kin lied to us!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eurovision nul or douze points on 08:58 - May 8 with 2464 viewsrobith

I absolutely adore Eurovision, went to the semis in Liverpool last year, was incredible.

I'm not watching this year I'm not arrogant enough to call it a boycott, I'm just not watching a TV show. I don't want to open up a political discussion, just stating my POV, but after 2 years of "Stay strong Ukraine!!!!" and rightly booting out Russia, I'm not sure I could stomach the hypocrisy this go around
Eurovision nul or douze points on 08:59 - May 8 with 2468 viewsMalintabuk

When I heard our entry was "Dizzy" I had vision of Tommy Roe being resurrected.... then I heard it and thought here we are rushing back to last place yet again.
We always watch it... when our girls were at home it was a staple... but then it was compared by the late great Sir Terry ..... and he was the best part of it.
Now we have Radio 2 bombarding us with Ritchie Anderson and Scott Mills .... 2 of the most untalented people I could imagine (I don't mind Rylan) .....
Eurovision nul or douze points on 09:00 - May 8 with 2467 viewsWokingR

I'd rather spend a night with Gemma Collins than endure this.
Eurovision nul or douze points on 09:35 - May 8 with 2407 viewsderbyhoop

Neither of us are homophones but Olly Alexander's show was cringeworthy. More like gay pyrography than a singing competition.
It was one of the most embarrassing spectacles I've seen for Years and Years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Eurovision nul or douze points on 09:39 - May 8 with 2402 viewsGaryT

Eurovision nul or douze points on 08:58 - May 8 by robith

I absolutely adore Eurovision, went to the semis in Liverpool last year, was incredible.

I'm not watching this year I'm not arrogant enough to call it a boycott, I'm just not watching a TV show. I don't want to open up a political discussion, just stating my POV, but after 2 years of "Stay strong Ukraine!!!!" and rightly booting out Russia, I'm not sure I could stomach the hypocrisy this go around

I haven't seen any pro Ukraine talk this year, a few countries were going to boycott it if Israel weren't booted out but that talk died away a while ago as well.

I'm not sure why some people feel the need to post negative comments about something they don't watch. You don't see post after post on the Frankie thread saying "this is sh1te!". I'm sure many people here might think it but if it's not your cup of tea, fine, move on, nothing to see here, this isn't for you.

As I've mentioned before, on first hearing most of the songs in Eurovision are 'meh' and if all you do is hear them once then that's what you'll be left with. Songs you hear on the radio grow on you the more you hear them, basic stuff really so yeah, I get where the haters are coming from. I feel disappointed EVERY year when I first hear the Euro entries and without fail say "There aren't many good ones like last year" but after hearing them a few times, guess what, some turn out to be pretty decent tunes.

Anyway, it's total crap if you don't watch it/only hear the songs once or it's a bit of fun with a few decent tunes if you give it a chance, up to you really. Peace out.

*Edit* Sorry Robith, missed you saying 'hypocrisy' and you are right. Hardly any "stay strong for Palestine/ban Israel" talk this time.
[Post edited 8 May 9:45]
Eurovision nul or douze points on 09:56 - May 8 with 2362 viewsmikeygunn

Used to watch growing up as a family event, and now have it with my own family. It’s fun, cheesy, camp but entertaining. We do some nice nibbles and have our own scores. All wholesome fun (politics withstanding).
Eurovision nul or douze points on 10:12 - May 8 with 2315 viewsloftboy

What’s the point when the votes are cast on where you live rather than how you sound?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Eurovision nul or douze points on 11:04 - May 8 with 2202 viewsrobith

Eurovision nul or douze points on 10:12 - May 8 by loftboy

What’s the point when the votes are cast on where you live rather than how you sound?

This is fundamentally untrue, and is a lazy heuristic.

In the UK we have historically treated it as a bit of a joke, but in the rest of Europe it's serious business. A lot of people vote for neighbouring countries because they've entered famous "for there" entries, who will have done huge promo tours. Italy for example are a televote behemoth every year because their artists will have charted all over Europe. The UK actually tried this with Sam Ryder and lo behold, would've won if not for the war. The Big 5 are actually at a bit of a disadvantage - everyone else needs to qualify so they have to work harder on their promo meaning they end up with more "famous" entries (or other issues - a few years ago Malta got busted sinking ÂŁ50k of their promo budget backing their own song on Betfair trying to contract the price to frame themselves as favourites lol).

The number one correlator to winning is actually key and BPM - we keep entering in major when minor always wins, and the keep entering the death beat of 128bpm (accounts for like 8 of the last 10 last place finishes).

The secondary correlation to winning is simply slot. It doesn't matter where you're from, it matters when you're on

Eurovision nul or douze points on 11:07 - May 8 with 2198 viewsSonofpugwash

UK entry worst ever,utterly abysmal.The Irish entry for me.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Eurovision nul or douze points on 11:14 - May 8 with 2173 viewsNed_Kennedys

Eurovision nul or douze points on 11:07 - May 8 by Sonofpugwash

UK entry worst ever,utterly abysmal.The Irish entry for me.

It absolutely is: hope it matches this UK nil points horror (which is actually better than this year’s clusterfeck)

Eurovision nul or douze points on 11:16 - May 8 with 2166 viewsrobith

For the bettors, Italy won Eurojury which is always a great bellweather of a top 5 performance or indeed the winner, but also are a televote monster:

Their televote performance since it's been split out:

3/18/6/3/3/1/8/6

If they get a good spot, they're a brilliant each way bet if their current price holds
Eurovision nul or douze points on 11:19 - May 8 with 2154 viewsTheChef

The growing virtue signalling every year is tiresome.

And it's increasingly bloated with the number of countries (let alone facking Australia being in it). Once upon a time you had eighteen countries and the whole thing took around two hours. Now it just goes on and on and on...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024