Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures in the development squad 11:05 - May 13 with 39098 viewskingsburyR

Looks like one huge axe has been wielded!

Our CEO is taking no prisoners this summer!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/development-squad-departures/
[Post edited 13 May 11:05]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Departures in the development squad on 13:15 - May 21 with 3585 viewswestberksr

Departures in the development squad on 16:29 - May 20 by dannyblue

The intriguing parsing of Nourry speak this time is the word 'both'.

"We both feel that this is the moment for him to forge his own path elsewhere".

This implies Nourry and SDM were the only ones involved in the decision, and no other people - Calm, Cifuentes, Carroll, Hall, Hoos - were really involved.

I'm sure they would be for a first teamer, and this reflects SDM's status outside the main squad.

whenever he refers to 'we' or 'both', I assume he is talking about the player and the club as a collective. He's doing the chat but the decision is a collective of the relevant parties and the player is the other in the 'we'

i think it makes a change for something approaching honesty from the club and if he happens to be the mouthpiece then it lets Marti get on with he has to do
Departures in the development squad on 10:26 - May 22 with 3253 viewsQPunkR

Departures in the development squad on 18:50 - May 20 by bosh67

I quite like his kind of ruthless killer'ism in how he complements the people he's ejecting. I'm very impressed with him so far. He seems to know what he's doing, which feels like a change from many before him.

It all seems a bit too easy, too suspiciously like magick to me

QPR - "shit but local"

Departures in the development squad on 10:29 - May 22 with 3246 viewsAntti_Heinola

Give it 12 months, and the usual people will despise him as much as they did Hoos.

Bare bones.

Departures in the development squad on 10:55 - May 22 with 3161 viewsQPunkR

Departures in the development squad on 10:29 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

Give it 12 months, and the usual people will despise him as much as they did Hoos.

I think that goes without saying

QPR - "shit but local"

Departures in the development squad on 10:58 - May 22 with 3123 viewsrobith

Just one more scapegoat bro, trust me bro, this one is the one
Departures in the development squad on 17:37 - May 22 with 2770 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gubbins gone.
Departures in the development squad on 17:42 - May 22 with 2736 viewsnumptydumpty

Departures in the development squad on 17:37 - May 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Gubbins gone.

Crikey what a shocker !!! 🙄

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Departures in the development squad on 17:46 - May 22 with 2720 viewsnumptydumpty

There just has to be something to moan about for some people. There is always one is never happy even when paradise exists....

They will support Rangers to avoid the not unsubstantial costs of undertaking anger management sessions.

And if it stops them physically getting rid of their stress on an unfortunate other, then all well and good.

Such are the roles today that a championship football club can provide !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Departures in the development squad on 18:36 - May 22 with 2645 viewsNed_Kennedys

Departures in the development squad on 17:37 - May 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Gubbins gone.

Seemed to do ok out on loan: hope he gets a league club and forges a decent career like Masterson has.
Departures in the development squad on 19:16 - May 22 with 2564 viewsfraserc

Departures in the development squad on 12:42 - May 21 by slmrstid

They should get the deck of Cards Against Humanity out and just say whatever that spits out.

Hmmm... Does that mean Begovic will get an icy handjob from an Edmonton hooker?

From the Canadian version of Cards Against Humanity.
Departures in the development squad on 22:08 - May 22 with 2366 viewsderbyhoop

Cory Brew, 16yo defender just been signed from Arsenal.
Dev Squad or U18s?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 22:15 - May 22 with 2345 viewsaston_hoop

Departures in the development squad on 22:08 - May 22 by derbyhoop

Cory Brew, 16yo defender just been signed from Arsenal.
Dev Squad or U18s?

Played for a few months with the U18s this season so presume he continues there at that age

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Departures in the development squad on 12:27 - May 31 with 1899 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/31/steven-bala-to-depart/

Bala gone.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Departures in the development squad on 12:40 - May 31 with 1803 viewsdmm

I'm very surprised at this.
Departures in the development squad on 12:42 - May 31 with 1790 viewsaston_hoop

Yeah I like Bala, I was told that Martí liked him too. Presumably got a move lined up where he´ll be guaranteed first team football now though

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Departures in the development squad on 12:42 - May 31 with 1789 views1JD

Slightly surprising, but two things;

- he is 20 now, and it looks like we are prioritising younger (long overdue)
- he is also very slight, and it looks like we are prioritising robustness / physical stature, if not explicitly height (also long overdue)
Departures in the development squad on 12:59 - May 31 with 1705 viewsJuzzie

How many of these youth signings the club keeps introducing on its website will then have the template leaving announcement in a few years?

Just seems overkill to me. What next…..”we’re pleased to announce the signing of Mabel, our new tea lady”.
Departures in the development squad on 13:23 - May 31 with 1614 viewsderbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 12:40 - May 31 by dmm

I'm very surprised at this.

What I've seen in Dev Squad highlights is that he's quick, with a decent shot. But v small. Maybe it's the latter that counts. Also, he may have somewhere lined up, hence announced much later than earlier departures.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 13:36 - May 31 with 1546 viewscpgerber

Departures in the development squad on 12:59 - May 31 by Juzzie

How many of these youth signings the club keeps introducing on its website will then have the template leaving announcement in a few years?

Just seems overkill to me. What next…..”we’re pleased to announce the signing of Mabel, our new tea lady”.

Well that's the model, isn't it? Not every single player you develop will be a success, so you have to try and some will be misses.

Friend of mine (who played international football, two world cups to his name) was later technical director at a well known top flight Dutch club. He told me they only have to sell a player on for decent money every 3-5 years and that's enough. Its the entire business model. They have a specific area where they recruit and if they hit gold on average once in 4 years, they are all set.
Departures in the development squad on 14:19 - May 31 with 1320 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Departures in the development squad on 13:36 - May 31 by cpgerber

Well that's the model, isn't it? Not every single player you develop will be a success, so you have to try and some will be misses.

Friend of mine (who played international football, two world cups to his name) was later technical director at a well known top flight Dutch club. He told me they only have to sell a player on for decent money every 3-5 years and that's enough. Its the entire business model. They have a specific area where they recruit and if they hit gold on average once in 4 years, they are all set.

That’s the biggest name drop missing a name I’ve ever seen 😆
Departures in the development squad on 14:24 - May 31 with 1284 viewsSheffieldHoop

Departures in the development squad on 14:19 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s the biggest name drop missing a name I’ve ever seen 😆

Good game of "Who am I" tho init

2 World Cups played at, or 2 world cup wins? Is it Cafu?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Departures in the development squad on 15:02 - May 31 with 1173 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Departures in the development squad on 12:27 - May 31 by HAYESBOY

Bala gone.

At what point does the club cut a player? 20 years old, not played for the 1st team and only on the bench twice seems a fair time to shake hands and bid farewell.
Too many times in the recent past players have been given another 12 months in the desperate hope they might come good. And they never do.

It finally seems we have people at the club that are working to a plan. It is all a bit spooky 👻.
Departures in the development squad on 15:17 - May 31 with 1082 viewsderbyhoop

It may be perception, but Club seem to be more ruthless in cutting prospects that prob won't make it. No more Charlie Owens nor Travelman?

Departures in the development squad on 15:23 - May 31 with 1050 viewsJuzzie

Departures in the development squad on 13:36 - May 31 by cpgerber

Totally understand the whole speculation aspect but does every single lower level arrival and departure have to be ‘announced’?
Modern times I guess.
Departures in the development squad on 15:25 - May 31 with 1040 viewslassel

Departures in the development squad on 12:27 - May 31 by HAYESBOY

Bala gone.

As with others, he seemed one the club were quite fond of yet at the same time he is 20 now and undoubtedly we will be looking to sign at least 2 strikers this summer so realistically it’s more sensible to let him go and see if he can cut it elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024