Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oooooh Oxford. 16:58 - May 18 with 3424 viewsMick_S

Nice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Oooooh Oxford. on 17:59 - May 18 with 3306 viewsSteveB

I worked in Oxford for a few years. They really don't like us, surprising really since we gave them a trophy after winning the real one at Anfield, obvs....

Be fun next season playing at the Kassam - they are normally very generous with Away allocation too.
Oooooh Oxford. on 20:31 - May 18 with 3116 viewshoops_legend

Last time we played them we didn’t do so well
Oooooh Oxford. on 22:00 - May 18 with 2960 viewsMrSheen

My niece was at Wembley with her boyfriend today, both Oxford kids. Really pleased for them.
Oooooh Oxford. on 22:09 - May 18 with 2931 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Hate them. 9 years old and something happened around April/May 1986.
Oooooh Oxford. on 13:25 - May 19 with 2648 viewsHooping_Mad

Oooooh Oxford. on 22:09 - May 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Hate them. 9 years old and something happened around April/May 1986.

Could only have been made worse if you lived there and had to go back after the game.

Dad knew a few of the Oxford players and suggested I get an autograph. Still haven't forgiven him.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Oooooh Oxford. on 13:39 - May 19 with 2606 viewsGaryBannister86

Oooooh Oxford. on 13:25 - May 19 by Hooping_Mad

Could only have been made worse if you lived there and had to go back after the game.

Dad knew a few of the Oxford players and suggested I get an autograph. Still haven't forgiven him.

Ha! I was 11 and I can still remember my Mum saying "think of all the Oxford kids being happy" on the way home as though that was meant to be some kind of therapy. What a load of ....

Still hurts, still can't even face watching it on youtube really.
Oooooh Oxford. on 14:31 - May 19 with 2504 viewspaulparker

Oooooh Oxford. on 17:59 - May 18 by SteveB

I worked in Oxford for a few years. They really don't like us, surprising really since we gave them a trophy after winning the real one at Anfield, obvs....

Be fun next season playing at the Kassam - they are normally very generous with Away allocation too.

Fck them and Maurice evans, shotton, Rosenthal and Ken poxy fish , worked in Banbury a few years ago and the people there were some of the weirdest , rudest people I’ve ever encountered

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Oooooh Oxford. on 22:08 - May 19 with 2265 viewsLadbrokeR

Ive Never been there but have seen it’s five miles from the station
Login to get fewer ads

Oooooh Oxford. on 22:12 - May 19 with 2249 viewshamptonhillhoop

The old Manor Ground was the weirdest ground I'd ever been to. It had about nineteen stands. And a shark sticking out of the roof of a house on the way in
[Post edited 19 May 22:24]
Oooooh Oxford. on 22:17 - May 19 with 2234 viewshamptonhillhoop

Oooooh Oxford. on 13:39 - May 19 by GaryBannister86

Ha! I was 11 and I can still remember my Mum saying "think of all the Oxford kids being happy" on the way home as though that was meant to be some kind of therapy. What a load of ....

I'd had the crap kicked out of me in South Ruislip three days before the final. Outside Queensmead school. Broken nose all over the shop, black eyes and broken ribs. I was fifteen, just about to be sixteen. Walked along the north circular to Wembley. Comfortably the worst week of my life. Remember Chelsea fans in there in blue/green jumpers?
Looking forward to a new away ground though!
Oooooh Oxford. on 22:18 - May 19 with 2231 viewsMrSheen

Oooooh Oxford. on 22:12 - May 19 by hamptonhillhoop

The old Manor Ground was the weirdest ground I'd ever been to. It had about nineteen stands. And a shark sticking out of the roof of a house on the way in

Cinema
Oooooh Oxford. on 22:20 - May 19 with 2224 viewsMrSheen

Oooooh Oxford. on 13:25 - May 19 by Hooping_Mad

I was living there at the time. Only dragged myself back on the Wednesday.
Oooooh Oxford. on 02:55 - May 20 with 2027 viewsSydneyRs

Indeed it was a weird place. Went there a couple of times with QPR in the 80s. One was a 3-3 draw shortly before the 86 final got cancelled and the other a 2-0 defeat in the 88 season where we were top of the league. Think it was our first defeat.

The graffiti outside the away end (the superbly named cuckoo lane end) stuck in the mind. "Birmingham turn back or die" and "Oxford kick to kill".
[Post edited 20 May 8:56]
Oooooh Oxford. on 05:49 - May 20 with 1914 viewsNorthantsHoop

That 1986 Milk Cup final was a real downer for me, after that game failed to renew my season ticket for the following season and lost interest in the Rangers for quite a few years. A few scores to settle now Oxford are back in the Championship and not too bad a journey for the away game for me.
Oooooh Oxford. on 08:03 - May 20 with 1736 viewshubble

Last time I drove through Headington the shark was still there. The artist who installed it died recently, I think.

I used to visit Oxford very regularly as my best friends lived there, but now they've moved. It's become an absolute nightmare for drivers with LTNs blocking any cross route, forcing you to drive almost to the centre to come back round, or having to take a circuitous route to get anywhere. Plus you can't park anywhere. This is what you get with 'green' councils. Sorry, had to get that off my chest!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Oooooh Oxford. on 08:30 - May 20 with 1679 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oooooh Oxford. on 13:39 - May 19 by GaryBannister86

I've never watched it back either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oooooh Oxford. on 09:34 - May 20 with 1537 viewsTheChef

I'm keen to go but clearly Oxford will be the new Peterborough in terms of away fan dickheadery.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Oooooh Oxford. on 09:47 - May 20 with 1494 viewsted_hendrix

I've been there a few times, first time was when Rodney Marsh scored the winner with a header In the dying seconds. Early 1970's.
Was there when they beat us 5-0 one night, Alan McDonald walked over to us In the away end and picked up a beer bottle that one of our lot threw on the pitch, he glared at us, cant remember our Managers name but he got his car smashed up outside the ground, they were not good times back then.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Oooooh Oxford. on 13:12 - May 20 with 1329 viewshantssi

Oooooh Oxford. on 09:47 - May 20 by ted_hendrix

I've been there a few times, first time was when Rodney Marsh scored the winner with a header In the dying seconds. Early 1970's.
Was there when they beat us 5-0 one night, Alan McDonald walked over to us In the away end and picked up a beer bottle that one of our lot threw on the pitch, he glared at us, cant remember our Managers name but he got his car smashed up outside the ground, they were not good times back then.

Was it Ray Harford?
Oooooh Oxford. on 13:48 - May 20 with 1233 viewsDannyPaddox

Oooooh Oxford. on 14:31 - May 19 by paulparker

Fck them and Maurice evans, shotton, Rosenthal and Ken poxy fish , worked in Banbury a few years ago and the people there were some of the weirdest , rudest people I’ve ever encountered

Weird badge too. Guy Fawkes meets the Little Chef.
Oooooh Oxford. on 16:26 - May 21 with 895 viewsSpongeParr

Why is there a rivalry with them?

Never heard of it before and my brother who is 10 years older, has never mentioned any sort of feelings towards Oxford.

Chelsea yes, Oxford? nothing.
Oooooh Oxford. on 17:18 - May 21 with 788 viewsdmm

Oooooh Oxford. on 16:26 - May 21 by SpongeParr

Why is there a rivalry with them?

Never heard of it before and my brother who is 10 years older, has never mentioned any sort of feelings towards Oxford.

Chelsea yes, Oxford? nothing.

Some think something happened in 1986 at Wembley but I say nothing happened at all.
Oooooh Oxford. on 17:55 - May 21 with 719 viewsterryb

Oooooh Oxford. on 17:18 - May 21 by dmm

Some think something happened in 1986 at Wembley but I say nothing happened at all.

On that reasoning, shouldn't West Bromich have a great dislike of Rangers? I suspect that they don't accept that the second half took place in 1967 either!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024