Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre season fixtures 12:02 - May 23 with 14845 viewsBakes

Pre season fixtures

Spain - Girona

1st-12th July

Opponents TBC

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/25/pre-season-spain-2024

———————————————————————————————————————————

Tottenham Hotspur (H)

Saturday 20th July 3pm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/27/spurs-home-friendly/

——————————————————————————————————————————-

Reading (A)

Saturday 27th July 3pm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/23/reading-away-friendly/

———————————————————————————————————————————-

Brighton & Hove Albion (H)

Saturday 3rd August 3pm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/28/brighton-home-friendly/

————————————————————————————————————————————
[Post edited 28 May 12:29]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Pre season fixtures on 14:09 - May 27 with 3610 viewsaston_hoop

Pre season fixtures on 12:59 - May 27 by daveB

It's a week after the Euros final so fair few will probably be missing

Good point, anyone who gets to the final at least will probably be partying in Vegas or Dubai or wherever by then. Hopefully its England in the final, James Maddison is their only player in the squad and Eze might go instead of him anyway

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pre season fixtures on 14:16 - May 27 with 3541 viewsaston_hoop

Just to re-iterate what I said before though, outside the top 2 divisions in Spain, the leagues don't start until very late August or September. A lot of these teams won't be playing friendlies until right at the end of July or the beginning of Ausgust. We'll probably have to play foreign teams also training in the area or Barcelona!
[Post edited 27 May 14:17]

Pre season fixtures on 14:21 - May 27 with 3520 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Looks like Girona is a training/conditioning camp with a couple of low key games chucked in. Ben Williams having a full post and pre seasonwith them.

Spuds at home should be fun. Wouldn't mind a home game against a team we haven't played before from the lower leagues. Barrow or Bromley!
Pre season fixtures on 14:23 - May 27 with 3501 viewsStainrod

Spurs at home - good - we need to push ourselves against the best. Like that excellent pre season when we played Man U and Leicester. And not some pub team behind Neil's farm in Cornwall...
Pre season fixtures on 16:37 - May 27 with 3213 viewsqprmeath21

Pre season fixtures on 14:23 - May 27 by Stainrod

Spurs at home - good - we need to push ourselves against the best. Like that excellent pre season when we played Man U and Leicester. And not some pub team behind Neil's farm in Cornwall...

I think we did ok that season after Cornwall, not sure it really matters who you play in pre season.
[Post edited 27 May 16:39]
Pre season fixtures on 18:17 - May 27 with 3006 viewsdaveB

Pre season fixtures on 14:09 - May 27 by aston_hoop

Good point, anyone who gets to the final at least will probably be partying in Vegas or Dubai or wherever by then. Hopefully its England in the final, James Maddison is their only player in the squad and Eze might go instead of him anyway

They'll have a few away at the Copa America as well
Pre season fixtures on 19:52 - May 27 with 2836 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Pre season fixtures on 18:17 - May 27 by daveB

They'll have a few away at the Copa America as well

Ahh the Copa America where all the pussies who go down like they are shot playing in England have to get up and play on in this tournament.
Its like carnage or a throwback to the old days watching Chile play Argentina or Columbia almost hide the women and children time haha.
I love it myself
Pre season fixtures on 12:02 - May 28 with 2523 viewsaston_hoop

Brighton too. This all feels a bit more professional

Login to get fewer ads

Pre season fixtures on 12:08 - May 28 with 2472 viewsDWQPR

Pre season fixtures on 12:02 - May 28 by aston_hoop

Totally different to the last couple of years which stank back to the days of the Copa de Ibiza.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Pre season fixtures on 12:16 - May 28 with 2406 viewsDavieQPR

Really saving the petrol money with these friendlies.
Pre season fixtures on 12:21 - May 28 with 2387 viewsderbyhoop

And carrying on with 1 small announcement.per day.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Pre season fixtures on 12:30 - May 28 with 2326 viewsLoyalitat

Absolutely. Already a far cry from the sham of games that included Reading's youth team and a part-time Austrian regional side. AFC Wimbledon was one of the sterner tests last pre-season.
[Post edited 28 May 12:31]
Pre season fixtures on 12:44 - May 28 with 2222 viewsNorthantsHoop

Looks like we mean business next season taking on Prem sides in the pre-season to test ourselves, something that has been lacking in recent years except 2021 when we played Man Utd and Leicester.
Pre season fixtures on 12:52 - May 28 with 2179 viewsAndybrat

Pre season fixtures on 12:44 - May 28 by NorthantsHoop

Looks like we mean business next season taking on Prem sides in the pre-season to test ourselves, something that has been lacking in recent years except 2021 when we played Man Utd and Leicester.

Feels like chalk and cheese and a recognition of what Marti has achieved so far, Brighton and Spurs would not want to come if we played hoof ball. It’s all part of a bigger picture but all these little things must make potential joiners stand up and take note well as getting potential leavers to possibly think again ( sorry I am a Willy fan).
Pre season fixtures on 12:57 - May 28 with 2100 viewsLoyalitat

Pre season fixtures on 12:52 - May 28 by Andybrat

Feels like chalk and cheese and a recognition of what Marti has achieved so far, Brighton and Spurs would not want to come if we played hoof ball. It’s all part of a bigger picture but all these little things must make potential joiners stand up and take note well as getting potential leavers to possibly think again ( sorry I am a Willy fan).

Me too (Willy fan).

Yes. if we were still wedded to GA's hoofball, neither of those sides would entertain playing us, even if we had managed to remain in the championship playing in that manner.
Pre season fixtures on 12:59 - May 28 with 2091 viewsAntti_Heinola

Pre season fixtures on 12:30 - May 28 by Loyalitat

Absolutely. Already a far cry from the sham of games that included Reading's youth team and a part-time Austrian regional side. AFC Wimbledon was one of the sterner tests last pre-season.
[Post edited 28 May 12:31]

not sure what you're talking about?
Oxford was an incredibly stern test.
In which we failed abjectly by getting our asses handed to us! ;)

Bare bones.

Pre season fixtures on 13:25 - May 28 with 1964 viewsBklynRanger

Fingers crossed on a return to LR for Eze on the 20th of July then
Pre season fixtures on 13:41 - May 28 with 1902 viewsaston_hoop

Pre season fixtures on 13:25 - May 28 by BklynRanger

Fingers crossed on a return to LR for Eze on the 20th of July then

With his Euros medal roud his neck and in a Manchester City shirt after a 100 million move preferably. I don't ask for much.

Pre season fixtures on 14:09 - May 28 with 1761 viewsHayesender

Let's make this game interesting. Loser has to take Taylor Richards

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pre season fixtures on 14:33 - May 28 with 1683 viewsE17hoop

It says a lot more about who we are now that 2 Prem teams want to play us. They're setting up their squads for next season too and the fact we play a certain way makes us a more attractive team for them to practice against.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Pre season fixtures on 15:13 - May 28 with 1550 viewsMytch_QPR

Pre season fixtures on 12:57 - May 28 by Loyalitat

Me too (Willy fan).

Yes. if we were still wedded to GA's hoofball, neither of those sides would entertain playing us, even if we had managed to remain in the championship playing in that manner.

I wrote to the club to state that I was a big Willy fan.

They sent me a signed photo of Stephane Mbia.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Pre season fixtures on 16:55 - May 28 with 1343 viewseastside_r

Pre season fixtures on 14:33 - May 28 by E17hoop

It says a lot more about who we are now that 2 Prem teams want to play us. They're setting up their squads for next season too and the fact we play a certain way makes us a more attractive team for them to practice against.

Indeed and the way we now play makes it more likely that (progressive) PL teams will entertain loaning us their promising youngsters.
Pre season fixtures on 19:54 - May 28 with 1146 viewsenfieldargh

Pre season fixtures on 14:09 - May 28 by Hayesender

Let's make this game interesting. Loser has to take Taylor Richards

was going to suggest doping him and putting him in their team bus amongst their rubbish bags...actually doping not necessary

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pre season fixtures on 20:01 - May 28 with 1119 viewskernowhoop

Pre season fixtures on 12:44 - May 28 by NorthantsHoop

I remember 2021 (I think).
Those teams played us pre-season because of the style of football that we were playing.
It served us well.
We beat Man Utd and Leicester scraped a draw.
It was all very encouraging.
Pre season fixtures on 20:15 - May 28 with 1068 viewsMalintabuk

Pre season fixtures on 16:55 - May 28 by eastside_r

Indeed and the way we now play makes it more likely that (progressive) PL teams will entertain loaning us their promising youngsters.

Bit of luck that maybe Ferguson of Brighton
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024