Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music that makes you cry. 16:38 - Jun 1 with 3777 viewsEsox_Lucius

I don't know how many will brave their souls but I can't believe that people don't have them. Music makes me emotional, even Battle Without Honor Or Humanity will make me well up before kick off at times. Ones that will guarantee it for are...

and...

The grass is always greener.

Music that makes you cry. on 15:07 - Jun 2 with 1354 viewsHamptonR

George Jones. A good year for the roses.

Brings back too many sad memories.
[Post edited 2 Jun 15:07]
Music that makes you cry. on 15:38 - Jun 2 with 1319 viewswood_hoop

A couple that certainly gets you thinking and can moisten the eyes ............

Music that makes you cry. on 00:26 - Jun 3 with 1215 viewsE17hoop

This song, this version.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Music that makes you cry. on 07:09 - Jun 3 with 1155 viewsHoopstar

One of the best songs written in recent years imo, gets me most times. The whole album (Process) is just stunning - processing his mother's death from cancer which he'd moved home to help care for her during her treatment.

Also, not got a lot of time for the guy but hard to look past Tears in Heaven by Clapton.

A few great versions of this song, and don't know who wrote it originally so I'll just use the GOATs

Music that makes you cry. on 07:11 - Jun 3 with 1140 viewsHoopstar

Great shout.

I loved John Prine, saw him at the Palladium towards the end of his life just before Covid and my mate and I shed a couple of tears.

"We lost Davey to the Korean War, and we still don't know what for, Don't matter anymore" always makes me think of a friend who died in Iraq.
Music that makes you cry. on 08:51 - Jun 3 with 1047 viewsFDC

Re Mazzy Star in the OP, also a big fan. They used Five String Serenade, another beautiful song, really well in End Of The F**king World a few years back

This came out around the time my first daughter was born (Hope Sandoval being the singer in Mazzy Star), and my wife and I were big fans. It was playing one evening when I was changing my daughter's bombsite of a nappy, trying to wipe baby poop out of all the folds at the tops of her legs etc, and I started singing "It's all in your grooves". So it now reminds me of my daughter. I have a pair of turntables and on father's day last year she (well - my wife, acting on her behalf) bought me a headphone stand with "It's all in the groove" engraved.

[Post edited 3 Jun 8:52]
Music that makes you cry. on 12:47 - Jun 3 with 975 viewswestberksr

Music that makes you cry. on 00:26 - Jun 3 by E17hoop

This song, this version.

"And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time"

one of my favourite song lyrics ever
Music that makes you cry. on 13:41 - Jun 3 with 922 viewssouthbound_tram

Dunno if I've shed a tear to this, probably. Usually gets played late into a session. Hadn't seen this comp. from BGP until searched for the track. Perhaps a fathers day request :)

Fun fact: I met Gil on my first unforgettable night in NYC
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Music that makes you cry. on 16:36 - Jun 10 with 626 viewsVancouverHoop

I gave my Dad a copy of this shortly after he been reluctantly persuaded to have my Mum taken into care. It's one of the very few occasions I saw him reduced to tears.

Music that makes you cry. on 21:51 - Jun 11 with 449 viewslarsricchi

Many others, but don't want to bog down the page load with all those Youtube links.
Music that makes you cry. on 22:07 - Jun 11 with 411 viewsqprxtc

Music that makes you cry. on 13:01 - Jun 12 with 313 viewsQPunkR

Karina Deriké's cover of The Biggest Lie by No Use for a Name. Track one of the tribute album after lead singer Tony Sly died a decade ago. I love NUFAN, who were a skate punk/melodic hardcore group, but this version is haunting and never fails to turn my eyes a bit watery

Also, a really really challenging listen is Cokie the Clown by NOFX founder and vocalist/bassist Fat Mike. Completely the opposite of NOFX - pretty much just him singing stories from his life including all the people closest to him that died, as well as helping his mum pass on. Truly tough listening to someone completely bare themselves

QPR - "shit but local"

Music that makes you cry. on 15:41 - Jun 12 with 251 viewsSpaceman_P

Although not a cry-fest at all, this is for the Mazzy Star heads, are you aware of Kendra Smith, original Mazzy Star singer when the group was called Opal. This tune and her solo LP is great. She's a bit reclusive, but I actually feel she's got more of a edge over Hope Sandoval in the artistic stakes. Hope, obviously has a great voice and looked great. But Kendra Smith, has something special going on.

Music that makes you cry. on 16:05 - Jun 12 with 234 viewsR_from_afar

A shimmering beauty of a track

Wonderful lyrics

Fabulous riff, great singing, powerful message: Excerpt:
In your real life
Treat it like it's special
In your real life
Try to be more kind
In your real life
Think of those that love you
In this real life
Try to be less blind

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024