Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . 03:23 - Jun 17 with 1935 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Of all the bitter pills of defeat he has swallowed this has to be the most cruel of all .I think even the Masters in 2011 will not hurt as much as this one going forward .
We have a few regular golfers on here so can anybody explain how the touch and feel went out of his hands at the most critical time to cost him so dearly .
I know the crushing pressure was a factor and the fcuking yanks chanting USA, USA like it was the Ryder did not help but why did his Caddie not take driver out of his hands on 18 .
This decision cost him the most IMO he would be in a playoff at worst and maybe even win it outright if DeChambeau had the extra pressure on that sand shot .
Its hard to see him bouncing back at the Open Championship in a few weeks now so another year will slip by without a Major for him
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 05:58 - Jun 17 with 1823 viewsWokingR

Think his caddy would have done better to take the putter out of his hands.
He could have used anything to tap those 2 missed putts in and it might have just focused him a bit more. That shove on 16 was horrible.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 06:09 - Jun 17 with 1813 viewsHAYESBOY

You could see something was a miss as he kept stepping back from shots on the back 9.
At 8 under he had the tournament in his hands.
That will hurt for a while and as mentioned, more than the 2011 Masters.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 07:10 - Jun 17 with 1752 viewsNorthernr

Hadn't missed from three feet all season then did it twice in 20 minutes.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 07:36 - Jun 17 with 1696 viewsPaddyhoops

He’s done a Leeds. Poor fella
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 07:57 - Jun 17 with 1646 viewsGaryBannister86

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 07:36 - Jun 17 by Paddyhoops

He’s done a Leeds. Poor fella

I've grown to like him over his handling of LIV, and missing those tiddlers shows some vulnerability....but, Rory mate, we can't look down on the behaviour of the Yanks and their fans if you can't show the class to hang around and shake BDC's hand and congratulate him.

I'm sure your private jet could have found a leaving slot 30 mins later.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 08:11 - Jun 17 with 1609 viewsNed_Kennedys

To lose from that position was terrible, especially as DeChambeau was almost as bad himself.
At the same level as Van De Velde’s choke at the Open in 1999.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 08:24 - Jun 17 with 1589 viewsstowmarketrange

I switched it off as soon as he sank the winning putt.I was rooting for Rory to win another major and it was a real sickener to see him reduced to my level of putting over the last 3 holes.I thought he’d seen it up after getting into a two shot lead on the back nine.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 16:12 - Jun 17 with 1249 viewskingsburyR

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 08:24 - Jun 17 by stowmarketrange

I switched it off as soon as he sank the winning putt.I was rooting for Rory to win another major and it was a real sickener to see him reduced to my level of putting over the last 3 holes.I thought he’d seen it up after getting into a two shot lead on the back nine.

Ditto, I had no intention to watch the yank celebrations.

Why Rorys caddie let him take driver on 18 is an absolute mystery. He hit 3 wood in the other three rounds.

Weird.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 20:24 - Jun 17 with 1020 viewsSonofpugwash

Lost money on Rory

That "Youessay" chant gets on my tits.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 22:09 - Jun 17 with 923 viewsstevec

Have a lot of respect for Rory. He stood front and centre against the LIV tour and it’s undoubtedly put a lot of pressure on him, not least as despite his best efforts it feels like there’s going to be a bit of a sell out when this whole thing gets sorted. He must feel a bit cheated.

Hopefully he can put aside all the sideshows around him and just concentrate on his own game.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 00:24 - Jun 18 with 827 viewsNorthernr

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 20:24 - Jun 17 by Sonofpugwash

Lost money on Rory

That "Youessay" chant gets on my tits.

I can't wrap my head around grown adults shouting "mashed potato" at professional golfers.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 06:36 - Jun 18 with 733 viewsGaryBannister86

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 00:24 - Jun 18 by Northernr

I can't wrap my head around grown adults shouting "mashed potato" at professional golfers.

I don't think there is anything that annoys me more than USA golf fans. Some kind of Trumpian dystopia, belching USA and GETINTHEHOLE every 2 seconds.

I can't watch the Ryder Cup live in case we lose for this reason.

And, as with the posters above, as BDC lined up the putt I had my finger on the off button. As soon as it sunk I was gone.

I really wish (i) Rory had won and (ii) he hadn't behaved like a spoiled child when he lost.
Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 07:33 - Jun 18 with 696 viewsnumptydumpty

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 00:24 - Jun 18 by Northernr

I have heard the odd derogatory term hurled at players by grown adults at professional footballers at every ground I have visited.

He has got a "Pineapple on his Head "

Or a heck of a lot more insulting than that.... 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Rory McIlroy Throws Away The US Open . on 13:07 - Jun 18 with 495 viewsthame_hoops

I saw a funny tweet which made me laugh, it said “golf is the only sport where people go and watch it dressed as if they are going to play it”😆
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024