| Central Coast mariners 10:31 - Mar 26 with 15005 views | Hayesender | Maybe a ground share, or just somewhere to hide some losses |  |
| |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:33 - Mar 26 with 7833 views | Northernr | Now we can have two poorly run football clubs instead of one. Exciting times. |  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:35 - Mar 26 with 7819 views | wombat |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:33 - Mar 26 by Northernr | Now we can have two poorly run football clubs instead of one. Exciting times. |
or the nourry exit plan as its likely to be known as in the future |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:38 - Mar 26 with 7800 views | TheChef |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:35 - Mar 26 by wombat | or the nourry exit plan as its likely to be known as in the future |
Retiring to the beach before you're 30. Nice! |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:53 - Mar 26 with 7719 views | BazzaInTheLoft | I wonder what fans of CCM think about this? Seems they have had their fair share of ownership issues. We're being discussed here: https://www.ccmfans.net/commun [Post edited 26 Mar 10:57]
|  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:58 - Mar 26 with 7690 views | Northernr |
| Central Coast mariners on 10:53 - Mar 26 by BazzaInTheLoft | I wonder what fans of CCM think about this? Seems they have had their fair share of ownership issues. We're being discussed here: https://www.ccmfans.net/commun [Post edited 26 Mar 10:57]
|
They sound as fed up as we are. We'll get on well! |  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 11:02 - Mar 26 with 7657 views | BrianMcCarthy | Very worried about this. The details will be vital, but would be totally opposed to one club owning or investing in another. That's club-killing. |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 11:37 - Mar 26 with 7472 views | Wilkinswatercarrier | Hooe they know what they're letting themselves in for. |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| Central Coast mariners on 11:43 - Mar 26 with 7449 views | KensalT | This comes up every international window. Every time it cites @marcothejourno as the source. And yet there's never anything about QPR on the @marcothejourno timeline. Someone's bored :-) |  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 11:52 - Mar 26 with 7396 views | loftus77 | We'll need confirmation and a LOT more clear detail (...) - but is this sort-of-similar to the Watford model, with us in the Udinese role? That goes well.... |  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:15 - Mar 26 with 7309 views | BrianMcCarthy |
| Central Coast mariners on 11:43 - Mar 26 by KensalT | This comes up every international window. Every time it cites @marcothejourno as the source. And yet there's never anything about QPR on the @marcothejourno timeline. Someone's bored :-) |
Thanks for background, Kensal. Hopefully it's nonsense so. |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:21 - Mar 26 with 7252 views | aston_hoop |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:15 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy | Thanks for background, Kensal. Hopefully it's nonsense so. |
Unfortunately 'Marco the journo' is an actual Australian sports journalist rather than a kid on Twitter. The whole things makes me very very uneasy, as I've said before. Multi club ownership, hierarchies of clubs, big groups. I want our uniqueness as a club and as a fanbase to be our thing. |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:30 - Mar 26 with 7201 views | TheChef |
| Central Coast mariners on 11:43 - Mar 26 by KensalT | This comes up every international window. Every time it cites @marcothejourno as the source. And yet there's never anything about QPR on the @marcothejourno timeline. Someone's bored :-) |
Key words are "Expected" and "Should have". |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:35 - Mar 26 with 7173 views | Paddyhoops | OMG , QPR take over CCM .LOL. |  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:36 - Mar 26 with 7167 views | QPunkR |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:21 - Mar 26 by aston_hoop | Unfortunately 'Marco the journo' is an actual Australian sports journalist rather than a kid on Twitter. The whole things makes me very very uneasy, as I've said before. Multi club ownership, hierarchies of clubs, big groups. I want our uniqueness as a club and as a fanbase to be our thing. |
One of my tasks at work over the past year has been tracking multi-club ownership structures and I have to say the majority of people have no idea just how widespread the practice is. Every single week more people, holding companies etc are buying up small clubs and bringing them into their 'families'. All with the aim of replicating what the City Group have done. It's absolutely rife. |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:42 - Mar 26 with 7135 views | KensalT |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:21 - Mar 26 by aston_hoop | Unfortunately 'Marco the journo' is an actual Australian sports journalist rather than a kid on Twitter. The whole things makes me very very uneasy, as I've said before. Multi club ownership, hierarchies of clubs, big groups. I want our uniqueness as a club and as a fanbase to be our thing. |
Marco 'the journo' Monteverde is an Australian sports journalist. My point is that I can't find anything Marco Monteverde has written linking QPR to Central Coast Mariners. Back in January Vince Rugari (another Strayan sports journo) was being cited as reporting that QPR were in for CCM. And there was a thread about it on the forum then: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/ I also can't find anything written about QPR by Rugari. The real source of the story each time was AusFootHQ, who has 5,000 followers and cites real journalists but never provides any links to their stories to verify their claims: https://x.com/ALeagueHQ Maybe I'm just excessively cynical but until I can see a verifiable report on the story from a reputable sauce I'm taking it with a huge pinch of salt. EDIT: The same Twitter/X account was punting the same story in May 2025: [Post edited 26 Mar 12:52]
|  | |  |
| (No subject) (n/t) on 12:47 - Mar 26 with 7110 views | aston_hoop |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:15 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy | Thanks for background, Kensal. Hopefully it's nonsense so. |
|  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:50 - Mar 26 with 7093 views | aston_hoop |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:42 - Mar 26 by KensalT | Marco 'the journo' Monteverde is an Australian sports journalist. My point is that I can't find anything Marco Monteverde has written linking QPR to Central Coast Mariners. Back in January Vince Rugari (another Strayan sports journo) was being cited as reporting that QPR were in for CCM. And there was a thread about it on the forum then: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/ I also can't find anything written about QPR by Rugari. The real source of the story each time was AusFootHQ, who has 5,000 followers and cites real journalists but never provides any links to their stories to verify their claims: https://x.com/ALeagueHQ Maybe I'm just excessively cynical but until I can see a verifiable report on the story from a reputable sauce I'm taking it with a huge pinch of salt. EDIT: The same Twitter/X account was punting the same story in May 2025: [Post edited 26 Mar 12:52]
|
I did follow a link the last time it came around and it was to a legit Aussie newspaper, but paywalled. Had to get round it (unless any journalists are reading, then I paid for a subscription, honest). It did seem more legit than someone just saying it on Twitter. I do hope that I'm wrong though and the papers have been fooled too |  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:57 - Mar 26 with 7059 views | KensalT |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:50 - Mar 26 by aston_hoop | I did follow a link the last time it came around and it was to a legit Aussie newspaper, but paywalled. Had to get round it (unless any journalists are reading, then I paid for a subscription, honest). It did seem more legit than someone just saying it on Twitter. I do hope that I'm wrong though and the papers have been fooled too |
I edited my previous post. The same Twitter/X account has been punting this story since at least May 2025. Doesn't mean there isn't anything in it, but I am very sceptical. Our young CEO does have experience of multi-club models so maybe it is something our board is considering. It's certainly true that other clubs have done it. |  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:58 - Mar 26 with 7053 views | DannyPaddox |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:42 - Mar 26 by KensalT | Marco 'the journo' Monteverde is an Australian sports journalist. My point is that I can't find anything Marco Monteverde has written linking QPR to Central Coast Mariners. Back in January Vince Rugari (another Strayan sports journo) was being cited as reporting that QPR were in for CCM. And there was a thread about it on the forum then: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/ I also can't find anything written about QPR by Rugari. The real source of the story each time was AusFootHQ, who has 5,000 followers and cites real journalists but never provides any links to their stories to verify their claims: https://x.com/ALeagueHQ Maybe I'm just excessively cynical but until I can see a verifiable report on the story from a reputable sauce I'm taking it with a huge pinch of salt. EDIT: The same Twitter/X account was punting the same story in May 2025: [Post edited 26 Mar 12:52]
|
Juan Mata!? Who’s gonna take the corners? |  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 13:07 - Mar 26 with 7007 views | Rsole | The ultimate in digging down. |  |
| Those possessed by devils, try and keep them under control a bit, can't you ?
|
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 13:09 - Mar 26 with 6999 views | Rsole |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:58 - Mar 26 by DannyPaddox | Juan Mata!? Who’s gonna take the corners? |
Doesn’t Mata |  |
| Those possessed by devils, try and keep them under control a bit, can't you ?
|
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 13:29 - Mar 26 with 6908 views | wombat |
| Central Coast mariners on 12:57 - Mar 26 by KensalT | I edited my previous post. The same Twitter/X account has been punting this story since at least May 2025. Doesn't mean there isn't anything in it, but I am very sceptical. Our young CEO does have experience of multi-club models so maybe it is something our board is considering. It's certainly true that other clubs have done it. |
Does he ? hes played FM and added it as an option , Experience ? im sure half a dozen posters on here have as much experience as the boy wonder has. ruben has a share in one of the amercian clubs i belive but can anyone explain to me what benifit this will bring to the club , a erupean club yes esp to try and do a watford / forest .Australian football isnt renowned for its quality etc so really cant see the angle that makes it worthwhile. add in cycling ben having to work to there timelime for his zoom GP apppointments , poor bloke wont now what hes doing , well yeah i know not much diff to now to be honest [Post edited 26 Mar 13:32]
|  |
|  |
| Central Coast mariners on 13:37 - Mar 26 with 6868 views | KensalT |
| Central Coast mariners on 13:29 - Mar 26 by wombat | Does he ? hes played FM and added it as an option , Experience ? im sure half a dozen posters on here have as much experience as the boy wonder has. ruben has a share in one of the amercian clubs i belive but can anyone explain to me what benifit this will bring to the club , a erupean club yes esp to try and do a watford / forest .Australian football isnt renowned for its quality etc so really cant see the angle that makes it worthwhile. add in cycling ben having to work to there timelime for his zoom GP apppointments , poor bloke wont now what hes doing , well yeah i know not much diff to now to be honest [Post edited 26 Mar 13:32]
|
I'm fairly sure his former employer Retexo has advised on multi-club ownerships. And Nourry has referred to it in the past. I think he briefly referred to it in a recent interview. Then again, Phil Beard was appointed for his experience delivering new stadiums. How did that work out! [Post edited 26 Mar 14:58]
|  | |  |
| Central Coast mariners on 13:46 - Mar 26 with 6829 views | Boston | When I saw we'd teamed up with CCM I was delighted that the club had finally identified a trophy worth going after; The Stanley Cup. |  |
|  |
| |