Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Fiorentina Massive 19:50 - Jul 24 with 65859 viewsBoston

Led by the Medici, will they come armed with Machiavellian ideas, spending lavishly on wine and prostitutes throughout Shepherds Bush, their mob breaking into operatic singing and movement while attired in the finest clothing?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

9
The Fiorentina Massive on 15:02 - Jul 26 with 2774 viewsR_from_afar

The Fiorentina Massive on 08:25 - Jul 26 by stevec

Glad to hear we played well against a side who sat off us. Hopefully our other 23 compatriots in this league will carry on doing this.


"In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

Now I think about it, that quote is a "remix" of his "L'enfer, c'est les autres" (hell is other people) line from "Huis clos".

Sorry, I am getting rather tangential here .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

1
The Fiorentina Massive on 15:34 - Jul 26 with 2584 viewsTwoHalves

The Fiorentina Massive on 15:02 - Jul 26 by R_from_afar

"In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

Now I think about it, that quote is a "remix" of his "L'enfer, c'est les autres" (hell is other people) line from "Huis clos".

Sorry, I am getting rather tangential here .


Must be a sine of the times.
2
The Fiorentina Massive on 15:35 - Jul 26 with 2572 viewsTwoHalves

The Fiorentina Massive on 07:23 - Jul 26 by CateLeBonR

I'm still quite worried about the midfield.


Me too. Still haven’t got a clue what their favourite cheese is.
2
The Fiorentina Massive on 16:11 - Jul 26 with 2438 viewsBoston

The Fiorentina Massive on 15:35 - Jul 26 by TwoHalves

Me too. Still haven’t got a clue what their favourite cheese is.


Full of holes, is it?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2
The Fiorentina Massive on 09:48 - Jul 27 with 1859 viewsTheChef

The Fiorentina Massive on 23:54 - Jul 25 by QPR_Hibs

If Morgan had a left foot, we would have been 4-1 up.

So many one-footed players in professional football.


It seems that Ward has no left foot either.

Which I assume makes things trickier if you want your goalkeeper to play out from the back.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
The Fiorentina Massive on 09:50 - Jul 27 with 1837 viewsbosh67

The Fiorentina Massive on 09:48 - Jul 27 by TheChef

It seems that Ward has no left foot either.

Which I assume makes things trickier if you want your goalkeeper to play out from the back.


To be fair Pickford only has a left foot and he has done pretty well off that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

2
The Fiorentina Massive on 11:35 - Jul 27 with 1622 viewsnix

The Fiorentina Massive on 12:35 - Jul 26 by numptydumpty

Ok yes Nix. Appreciate the corporate thing etc.

My friend works for a hotel, where they have five weddings a week, although some times its two so its all temporary staff. And they keep the same staff who are experienced and they dont have issues with staff - if they do, they ask for replacements and they get staff from the agency who know what they are doing and pay them decent money as the weddings are not cheap.

We are a football club paying wages as high as thirty grand a week in recent times.

It would not take a massive amount of money to do this in house and its seriously not rocket science, although for some it really is, unfortunately.

Maybe if we bucked the trend of the way this is done, we could be much more efficient and it seriously could get those extra few people through the doors and more feel good vibes within the stadium. It could mean occasional visitors never come back or otherwise.

It is not an insignificant part of the matchday experience.
[Post edited 26 Jul 12:46]


I just don’t think you can compare the two. Most weddings are planned a year in advance and have about 200 guests. Our matches are subject to change of about six weeks and have 17000 fans. Weddings are very profitable for hotels and they gain from the catering, the alcohol and the booking of rooms, so it’s worth investing a lot in your staff. I can’t imagine we get massive profits from the catering at LR even given the high prices.

If everyone else was doing their own catering and we were the outlier then I think it would be a fair point but they are mainly done by this model so it must be more manageable than trying to do it yourself.
0
The Fiorentina Massive on 11:44 - Jul 27 with 1579 viewsnick_hammersmith

The Fiorentina Massive on 12:35 - Jul 26 by numptydumpty

Ok yes Nix. Appreciate the corporate thing etc.

My friend works for a hotel, where they have five weddings a week, although some times its two so its all temporary staff. And they keep the same staff who are experienced and they dont have issues with staff - if they do, they ask for replacements and they get staff from the agency who know what they are doing and pay them decent money as the weddings are not cheap.

We are a football club paying wages as high as thirty grand a week in recent times.

It would not take a massive amount of money to do this in house and its seriously not rocket science, although for some it really is, unfortunately.

Maybe if we bucked the trend of the way this is done, we could be much more efficient and it seriously could get those extra few people through the doors and more feel good vibes within the stadium. It could mean occasional visitors never come back or otherwise.

It is not an insignificant part of the matchday experience.
[Post edited 26 Jul 12:46]


Have to be careful using freelancers like that nowadays.
HMRC use IR35, which is designed to "help" contractors who mainly work at one place most of the time.

As soon as an employer asks for person A to do a job the agency is no longer providing a service, they are placing particular people in particular jobs and that would probably fall under IR35

-- Although I think Mr Lineker has just litigated out of a similar issue and avoided a large tax bill. Again, HMRC is doing this to "help" contractors, not just try and claw back more income tax...
0
Login to get fewer ads

The Fiorentina Massive on 11:57 - Jul 27 with 1520 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I remember when IR35 came in. It was basically to stop all the many IT Contractors paying less tax by being one man band companies working on long contracts for big Companies. Unfortunately, many construction trades started to fall under the radar. By the very nature of the industry lots of subcontractors will work several months or even years on the same site/project before moving onto the next. That wasn't really the original reason IR35 was brought in but it has very much been enforced there. I remember, in a previous job we drafted sub contractor agreements to avoid this, but it wasn't straightforward as you can imagine. I have lost touch with how it is all dealt with now but I can't envisage it is any easier.

Poll: Do we need another Eze thread?

1
The Fiorentina Massive on 12:01 - Jul 27 with 1489 viewsterryb

The Fiorentina Massive on 11:35 - Jul 27 by nix

I just don’t think you can compare the two. Most weddings are planned a year in advance and have about 200 guests. Our matches are subject to change of about six weeks and have 17000 fans. Weddings are very profitable for hotels and they gain from the catering, the alcohol and the booking of rooms, so it’s worth investing a lot in your staff. I can’t imagine we get massive profits from the catering at LR even given the high prices.

If everyone else was doing their own catering and we were the outlier then I think it would be a fair point but they are mainly done by this model so it must be more manageable than trying to do it yourself.


Do we get any profit from the catering Nix?

I'm probably wrong, but I thought they were all franchised & so all we receive is the franchise (rent) fee. Of course, this would mean that we have no costs to bear either, apart from energy. Not that I would know which company would hold the contract, or what they would pay for the privilege!
1
The Fiorentina Massive on 13:26 - Jul 27 with 1300 viewsnick_hammersmith

The Fiorentina Massive on 11:57 - Jul 27 by CroydonCaptJack

I remember when IR35 came in. It was basically to stop all the many IT Contractors paying less tax by being one man band companies working on long contracts for big Companies. Unfortunately, many construction trades started to fall under the radar. By the very nature of the industry lots of subcontractors will work several months or even years on the same site/project before moving onto the next. That wasn't really the original reason IR35 was brought in but it has very much been enforced there. I remember, in a previous job we drafted sub contractor agreements to avoid this, but it wasn't straightforward as you can imagine. I have lost touch with how it is all dealt with now but I can't envisage it is any easier.


Yep, a lot of those one man bands were paying 5% corporation tax, which is less to HMRC than PAYE is for sure. I hate that the premise was that it was to help the employee/contractor...

The only time I can think of, and one I used to bring up when the staff mentioned how much contractors earnt, was aside from holiday, OT and sick pay we had a contractor who had a bad car crash, and broke their back.

Had they been staff they would have had full pay for the year they were away, and then the company would have taken them back on and been obligated to make the arrangements so they could work as normal.

As a contractor the business could just stop calling him, which is the harsh truth in that scenario
0
The Fiorentina Massive on 13:31 - Jul 27 with 1278 viewsnick_hammersmith

The Fiorentina Massive on 12:01 - Jul 27 by terryb

Do we get any profit from the catering Nix?

I'm probably wrong, but I thought they were all franchised & so all we receive is the franchise (rent) fee. Of course, this would mean that we have no costs to bear either, apart from energy. Not that I would know which company would hold the contract, or what they would pay for the privilege!


Yeah, I think its Elior or something similar.
They wheeled the guy out at a Fans Forum, I think it was the same one Ben Williams delivered the "see your favourite players on a Saturday" line...

I'm not sure there is much profit in it for them, or that the tender was hotly contested when it came around.

Such a shame there isn't more space at HQ, can you imagine if they could recreate a Borough market vibe?
Its not the same, but next to the Lyric where the market used to be in Hammersmith they have a few food stalls on Tues/Thur
In a pretty small footprint you can find Korean BBQ, Jerk chicken, Falaffal wraps, Bao buns...
Its all nice food from around the word at a decent price and served up quickly.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026