Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back (from the library) 11:19 - Sep 26 with 2471 viewsMrSheen

Popped in for some recycling bags and there, in pride of place on the top shelf of the “Used Books for Sale” shelf was “One Way Or Another”, Chris Wright’s autobiography. It didn’t look like anyone had ever opened it before, and even for £1 I wouldn’t take it home, but I had a quick skim read. His main message was “I only ever wanted to have fun, helping out my favourite team”, but he was the innocent victim of his own naivety and greedy sharks within the game…he highlights Clive Berlin and John Spencer in particular. On his exit, he was mostly concerned to avoid the shame of bankruptcy - number one choice was “QPR and Wimbledon FC” under Norwegian ownership, then ground sharing at Reading - “after all, they wear the same kit”, but Madjeski told him it was a terrible idea. £1, if you’ve have a stronger stomach than I and you are near Pimlico Library.
4
Just back (from the library) on 11:26 - Sep 26 with 2412 viewsLblock

I know two people who have worked for Chris Wright on his homes.

Both independently said he's an idiot and self obsessed.

I remember bumping into him at a Service Station on the way home from Maine Road when Jesus Christ, sorry Jamie Pollock, kept us up.
"Nice one Chris!!" I exclaimed..... "errrrrmmm... are we safe then?" was his response.
Fcuk me.
I was doing up my flat at the time and for five weeks we'd had all sorts of permutations written on the wall with results, if's, but's and maybes in Sharpie pencil. I knew down to possible GD's of each team down there minute by minute.... the fella that owned us was oblivious it seemed.

I never liked Nookie Bear either.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

5
Just back (from the library) on 11:38 - Sep 26 with 2361 viewsHayesender

Fan my arse!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

0
Just back (from the library) on 11:54 - Sep 26 with 2303 viewsdmm

Just back (from the library) on 11:38 - Sep 26 by Hayesender

Fan my arse!


Hot backside?
15
Just back (from the library) on 11:55 - Sep 26 with 2301 viewsflynnbo

Just back (from the library) on 11:54 - Sep 26 by dmm

Hot backside?


Vindaloo.
0
Just back (from the library) on 12:16 - Sep 26 with 2232 viewsDWQPR

Nothing will ever convince me otherwise that he made a load of money out of QPR and Loftus Road Holdings, firstly with the sale of shares at a much higher offer price than he bought the club for and secondly with the sale of Wasps old ground in Sudbury. Total wänker.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

3
Just back (from the library) on 13:01 - Sep 26 with 2131 viewsytt28

Just back (from the library) on 12:16 - Sep 26 by DWQPR

Nothing will ever convince me otherwise that he made a load of money out of QPR and Loftus Road Holdings, firstly with the sale of shares at a much higher offer price than he bought the club for and secondly with the sale of Wasps old ground in Sudbury. Total wänker.


And the the sale of the training ground in Acton?
2
Just back (from the library) on 13:09 - Sep 26 with 2094 viewsBoston

Just back (from the library) on 11:38 - Sep 26 by Hayesender

Fan my arse!


The ring of fire?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

0
Just back (from the library) on 17:11 - Sep 26 with 1750 viewsconnell10

Chris Wright was a kunt

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

1
Login to get fewer ads

Just back (from the library) on 17:57 - Sep 26 with 1688 viewsted_hendrix

British Libraries are an Institution and should be used and supported as such.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

1
Just back (from the library) on 20:08 - Sep 26 with 1545 viewsMick_S

Just back (from the library) on 11:54 - Sep 26 by dmm

Hot backside?


😂 😂 😂

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
Just back (from the library) on 20:23 - Sep 26 with 1509 viewsMrSheen

Just back (from the library) on 17:57 - Sep 26 by ted_hendrix

British Libraries are an Institution and should be used and supported as such.


So should I have paid up, Ted?
0
Just back (from the library) on 20:37 - Sep 26 with 1483 viewscolinallcars

Just back (from the library) on 20:23 - Sep 26 by MrSheen

So should I have paid up, Ted?


Did they have HSB ?
0
Just back (from the library) on 22:16 - Sep 26 with 1379 viewsMrSheen

Just back (from the library) on 20:37 - Sep 26 by colinallcars

Did they have HSB ?


High School Books?
1
Just back (from the library) on 23:02 - Sep 26 with 1317 viewsted_hendrix

Just back (from the library) on 20:23 - Sep 26 by MrSheen

So should I have paid up, Ted?


I don't think so, you'll have to live with the guilt

The last time I was in our library here In Wantage was to ask for assistance with filling In the blue badge disabled driver form, the Lady behind the desk who must have been In her Eighties was brilliant and done It all there and then for me.

Whilst I was waiting, there was a group of Infant schoolchildren singing with their Teacher In the corner of the library, and It became just one of them moments when you think what a great Country this Is, I'm surrounded by books, the nippers singing there heads off and well yea, just one them special moments In the greatest Country In the World.

I've gone too far with the waffle again.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

11
Just back (from the library) on 10:37 - Sep 28 with 753 viewsTheChef

I might be wrong but I thought it was said his success at Chrysalis Records was more down to luck rather than any business acumen; which he clearly seemed to lack at QPR, unfortunately for us.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
Just back (from the library) on 12:07 - Sep 28 with 685 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just back (from the library) on 23:02 - Sep 26 by ted_hendrix

I don't think so, you'll have to live with the guilt

The last time I was in our library here In Wantage was to ask for assistance with filling In the blue badge disabled driver form, the Lady behind the desk who must have been In her Eighties was brilliant and done It all there and then for me.

Whilst I was waiting, there was a group of Infant schoolchildren singing with their Teacher In the corner of the library, and It became just one of them moments when you think what a great Country this Is, I'm surrounded by books, the nippers singing there heads off and well yea, just one them special moments In the greatest Country In the World.

I've gone too far with the waffle again.


Best thing I've read in days.
0
Just back (from the library) on 06:38 - Sep 29 with 384 viewsplasmahoop

Just back (from the library) on 23:02 - Sep 26 by ted_hendrix

I don't think so, you'll have to live with the guilt

The last time I was in our library here In Wantage was to ask for assistance with filling In the blue badge disabled driver form, the Lady behind the desk who must have been In her Eighties was brilliant and done It all there and then for me.

Whilst I was waiting, there was a group of Infant schoolchildren singing with their Teacher In the corner of the library, and It became just one of them moments when you think what a great Country this Is, I'm surrounded by books, the nippers singing there heads off and well yea, just one them special moments In the greatest Country In the World.

I've gone too far with the waffle again.


I'm pleased to hear this, my local library is rather less idyllic. I had to do some paperwork recently and wanted somewhere quiet. The place was just full of people browsing the internet and chatting away . One weird guy was probably watching porn as he kept turning the screen round. In another part of the library there was a 'knitters and natters' group which were clanking and talking. Even the library assistants were chatting loudly. Might as well have gone to sit at Waterloo station
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026