Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt 13:25 - Oct 5 with 2356 viewsMrSheen

https://www.cambridgeunited.co

1
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 13:34 - Oct 5 with 2311 viewsdmm

Nice idea, though I can't really see a connection between Syd Barrett and the shirt.

If their women's team has a player called Emily though, they could have centered the promo film on her with Syd's song, 'See Emily Play'.
4
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 14:32 - Oct 5 with 2143 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, I don't really see the connection either.

But then again, Syd was a surrealist.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 14:36 - Oct 5 with 2126 viewshubble

Well I suppose you could say the shirt looks like a bad acid trip.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

3
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 14:45 - Oct 5 with 2110 viewsBoston

As his last words were, “leave me alone, I’ve got to get some coleslaw”, maybe it’s a tribute to him spilling it on himself as he dropped dead.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 15:44 - Oct 5 with 1974 viewsPaddyhoops

Shine on you crazy diamond.
2
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 20:48 - Oct 5 with 1723 viewsconnell10

Thats puke that is.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 1689 views100percent

We should look at a commemorative 'never mind the bollarks" shirt in honour of Glen Matlock . At least Glen is a regular at games..
NMTB album is 50 years old new year....
0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 10:24 - Oct 6 with 1334 viewsE17hoop

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 21:09 - Oct 5 by 100percent

We should look at a commemorative 'never mind the bollarks" shirt in honour of Glen Matlock . At least Glen is a regular at games..
NMTB album is 50 years old new year....


I did a London Calling-away shirt

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 10:42 - Oct 6 with 1304 viewsE17hoop

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 10:24 - Oct 6 by E17hoop

I did a London Calling-away shirt


Now, THIS is an away kit.


It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

1
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 12:01 - Oct 6 with 1227 views100percent

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 10:42 - Oct 6 by E17hoop

Now, THIS is an away kit.



Yes A...!! I'd wear that!!
good shout - need to incorporate those bass speakers in there....
0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 12:16 - Oct 6 with 1203 viewsjoe90

I like it, despite not seeing the connection to Syd Barrett. It's got a 90's feel to it, my only gripe is that badge would be better if it was stitched, as would the umbro logo. Small details really improve the quality.
0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 18:47 - Oct 6 with 1002 viewsVancouverHoop

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 13:34 - Oct 5 by dmm

Nice idea, though I can't really see a connection between Syd Barrett and the shirt.

If their women's team has a player called Emily though, they could have centered the promo film on her with Syd's song, 'See Emily Play'.


Was there any connection between Syd and Cambridge Utd (or Cambridge City for that matter?) I mean, I know he and several of the other members of Floyd grew up in the area but did they have any interest in football at all?
0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 18:59 - Oct 6 with 987 viewsdmm

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 18:47 - Oct 6 by VancouverHoop

Was there any connection between Syd and Cambridge Utd (or Cambridge City for that matter?) I mean, I know he and several of the other members of Floyd grew up in the area but did they have any interest in football at all?


Yes, they loved football, at least the post Barrett Pink Floyd all did. They once formed a football team - PFFC.
0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 20:48 - Oct 6 with 904 viewshubble

The Pink Fairies?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 22:17 - Oct 6 with 840 viewsR_from_afar

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 13:34 - Oct 5 by dmm

Nice idea, though I can't really see a connection between Syd Barrett and the shirt.

If their women's team has a player called Emily though, they could have centered the promo film on her with Syd's song, 'See Emily Play'.


I think this explains the connection: "The orange and blue colour palette of the shirt is inspired by the distinctive floorboards featured on the cover of his acclaimed 1970 solo album The Madcap Laughs".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 23:45 - Oct 6 with 775 viewsconnell10

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 10:42 - Oct 6 by E17hoop

Now, THIS is an away kit.



Id buy the Pistols Shirt ...like it.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 12:11 - Oct 7 with 609 viewsDWQPR

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 10:42 - Oct 6 by E17hoop

Now, THIS is an away kit.



Now this should be forwarded to Francis in the club shop.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

0
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 12:48 - Oct 7 with 558 viewsrbee

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 14:32 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I don't really see the connection either.

But then again, Syd was a surrealist.


Syd was born in Cambridge, 'retired' to Cambridge and died in Cambridge.

I wouldn't describe myself as a big Floyd fan but I find the story of the band very interesting. Their Live 8 20 minute reunion was brilliant.
1
Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 12:38 - Oct 8 with 252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cambridge United - Syd Barrett commemorative shirt on 12:48 - Oct 7 by rbee

Syd was born in Cambridge, 'retired' to Cambridge and died in Cambridge.

I wouldn't describe myself as a big Floyd fan but I find the story of the band very interesting. Their Live 8 20 minute reunion was brilliant.


Sorry, rbee, I meant I couldn't see a connection with the shirt's design.

Love Floyd. They were very patchy but made some truly great music.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026