Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS 17:56 - Dec 20 with 16398 viewsthame_hoops

So what did everyone think?
If you haven't seen it yet don't read this thread...

I really enjoyed it, took me back to being a kid and going to see ep5/6 at the old cinema in marlow.

A few things annoyed me, not seeing Luke with Han, captain phasma was underused, Kylo ren acting like a little spoiled biatch when things didn't go his way and he wasn't very menacing.

It left a few questions needing answering like how did that alien get Luke's light sabre from empire strikes back....and how did rey learn the force so quickly....left me wanting more which I guess was the idea, can't wait for ep8

Discuss
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 01:13 - Dec 21 with 9106 viewsFirehoop

Loved it, a lot of questions to be answered , but hopefully all will be revealed in the next two films !
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:24 - Dec 21 with 9031 viewsrobith

It was terrific fun, and really felt like an original trilogy film, but was also deeply unfulfilling and basically a complete rehash of A New Hope
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:59 - Dec 21 with 8998 viewsSydneyRs

Well I'm always near the front of the cynics queue to slag off anything overhyped, but..

Bloody fantastic! Really took me back to being 8 years old when the original came out. It was great to see the original stars return and I enjoyed every minute of it. Even the Mrs, not one for this sort of thing normally, was enthralled.

A wonderful way to spend a couple of hours. See it.

The next movie has a hard act to follow.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 10:03 - Dec 21 with 8993 viewsdoogi55

it was bad rehash of star wars a new hope same ending same planet death star same weeknes in the death star and the wizard oz bad guy who will end up really being no bigger than yoda ant the sith jeez he was so bad at being bad no sorry didnt hit the spot,vis effects great
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 11:33 - Dec 21 with 8950 viewsGloucs_R

Thought the script was a bit lazy, in terms of the same plot as "a new hope" but other than that loved it.

Great to see the original cast back, the "monster table game" and the light sabre training ball on the Millennium Falcon made me smile, the music is always great and loved the humour that was in it.

Thought the supreme leader looked like a character from Harry Potter!!

My 5 year old loved it too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 11:38 - Dec 21 with 8940 viewsrunningman75

I loved it, saw the hype surrounding it and was not going to see it. Good characters and nostalgic seeing C3P0
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 11:47 - Dec 21 with 8932 viewsPunteR

Needs another George Lucas prequel to explain how Kylo Ren got so messed up. I mean, how cool are his parents and uncle but he still turns to the dark side. I thought he was a great character though. Still early in the story line. He's obviously not Sith but still learning the dark arts.
Phasma was supposed to be the next Boba Fett but was completely underused.
Yeh shame Han and Luke didn't meet up.
Overall though i thought it was a great film, got Star Wars back on track after the CGI drenched prequels. Great fun for fans, but also very emotional,or was that just me. ?
Looking forward to the next one..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 12:02 - Dec 21 with 8920 viewsadhoc_qpr

I loved it and had some big misgivings before going after all the hype.

Had a few flaws for sure and the plot was a bit sparse (and completely ripped off A new hope), but overall it was really entertaining.

I was left wanting to find out more about the new characters, so i guess it did it's job there too.
Login to get fewer ads

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 12:49 - Dec 21 with 8887 viewsthame_hoops

I watched it again last night, one thing i picked up on (but didnt the first time) was when Kylo Ren was trying to get info from rey, he mentioned how she imagines an island surrounded by ocean to help get her to sleep....i wonder if this has anything to do with the final scene when she meets Luke...maybe luke was calling out to her...

great fun to spend a few hours, the final scene gave me goosebumps.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 12:52 - Dec 21 with 8878 viewsbaz_qpr

Its brilliant, you just have to see the face of a 10 year old watching it and lets all remember that is who its for.

I think they got it spot on especially the production design. But also the balance between remake and sequel
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 13:21 - Dec 21 with 8864 viewscarlosthebulb

Thought it was great. Sure, there was a lot of New Hope in there but there was also enough new stuff to get heads around. Loved Daisy Ridley & John Boyega, great casting there & Adam Driver was very good portraying a complex character in Kylo Ren that has been described as flawed & complicated by the director. BB8 was another plus, never too much but stole the show when he was on screen.

Han could be described as a parody of his former self but I quickly go used to that. The film threatened to turn into Star Trek at the point Han & Chewie get surrounded and a Scottish accent?? In Star Wars?? Seemed a bit wrong. But all in all a great job from Abrams & I.m a privy to a bit of inside knowledge about episode 8 & believe the story to really open up & think Rian Johnson won't disappoint.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 19:07 - Dec 21 with 8777 viewsjamois

Just took a 6 and a 9 yr old, they were wowed, although at times a little too much for my fairly innocent 6yr old. I was surprised. A pretty difficult job and they fairly nailed it i think. Yes, it recycled all their old plot devices, but it would be churlish to complain. Thought it overall more menacing than any that preceded it. Lots of dramatic heft for such a movie. When those x-wings appeared over the water it was a kind of rebooted nostalgia. Preferable to Abrams Star Trek reboot.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 21:14 - Dec 21 with 8738 viewsHollowayRanger

the original was my holy grail of films and I soooooooooo wanted to love this what with the legends returning but

seeing a 70 plus year old han solo a middle aged leia and luke I thought don't they look old

which made ME feel old and feel as if I didn't belong here, as for the film its good but I guess the clue id in the real name of the film Star Wars 7 ! seen it all before

liked the girl easy on eye and can act ,has to be lukes daughter but learnt mind control ,way too easy,black guy not so keen over acterd a bit and too excitable bit like a young tom cruise ,never liked him since even after improving, the baddie I like but not the face behind the mask

6/10 better then 1-2-3 but just didn't feel the force for more than two brief sceens

as for solo dying that was a certainty ford had always said never again but the others wanted to do it so I can see him saying ok ok but only if you promise to kill me!

£16 mill helps as well the two leads got £300,000 each!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 22:45 - Dec 21 with 8709 viewspaulparker

Just back

Fecking awesome, loved it, apart from the emipire strikes back that's the best Star Wars film made , brilliant casting, excellent action without to much CGI , it had some neat touches and nods to previous films and characters
Such a shame the last 3 cartoon Fcuk ups were made because if JJ Abrahams had made them then we could of had some brilliant prequels
I knew Han Solo would cop it when they said Kylo was his son , it must mean rey is Luke's daughter
Only gripe for me was the pathetic giant looking new bad guy, they could have done much better than him and the bar scene with the light sabre was silly and not needed , moz was a poor new yoga
But as a Star Wars fan that's much better and I can't wait for the next couple 9 out of 10

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 08:18 - Dec 22 with 8654 viewsthame_hoops

I think (like many have said) we have to remember its target audience, I can imagine kids absolutely loving it where as the older fans want some more nostalgia but they did well introducing the new characters. The cgi chancellor thing did look like a zombie from "I am legend" with a light sabre gash in his forehead
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:52 - Dec 22 with 8620 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A little surprised when walking past a cinema last night, to discover there is a new Star Wars movie on release!

There seems to have been no build-up and zero publicity about this. Surely with such an epic film, you'd think that someone would have thought to do some promotion work for it.

Apparently not!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 10:24 - Dec 22 with 8606 viewsqpr85

After seeing the film Saturday with my 7 year old and thinking about it and talking about it with him since, I loved it. On first viewing I was taken away and got sucked right Into the story.

Yes it's very much a nod to the first movie but it was done very well.
From what I can remember Rey wasn't able to use the Jedi mind trick straight away she did struggle. (on a side note that stormtrooper was apparently Daniel Craig) so I don't think it was unbelievable but can see why people think that.

Another thing, I have heard a lot of people believe Rey is Lukes daughter but I have another theory. In the expanded universe Han and Leia had twins. A boy and a girl. I believe when Kylo Ren did his mind thing he opened her to the force and the force just flooded her.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 19:02 - Dec 22 with 8534 viewsBasingstokeR

Really enjoyed it the first time but came out on less of a high

I think it was better on second viewing <nerd emoticon>, its good it doesn't answer every single question you might have. The starting part from the opening crawl until just before the bit where "space pirates board Han and Chewie's freighter and CG squids get loose" is very strong / the best part I think.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 22:40 - Dec 22 with 8475 viewsDorse

Darth Dorse's vote is that Ren is based on Darth Caedus (who begins life as Leia's son Jacen). Jacen has a twin sister Jaina (ref Rey in TFA).

Luke married some other bird (twice) and their son was called Ben.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus

(To the tune of Star Wars theme)
'We're nerds
We've got no girlfriends
We've got no girlfriends
No one at all!
The Force
Makes my light-sabre
Makes my light-sabre
Spurt up the wall!'
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 23:13]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:06 - Dec 23 with 8445 viewsPunteR

Why would Han Solo and Leia leave their daughter on a abandoned planet ,having to fend for herself while sending Ben/Kylo to luke to get trained up as Jedi.? Unless its all part of Reys training?
Rey does seem pretty strong in the old force department.
There was nothing in the film to suggest she was the Daughter of Leia. She must be Luke's and he kept her away from Ben/kylo while training him. There's always a master and apprentice.

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 01:02 - Dec 23 with 8428 viewsDorse

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:06 - Dec 23 by PunteR

Why would Han Solo and Leia leave their daughter on a abandoned planet ,having to fend for herself while sending Ben/Kylo to luke to get trained up as Jedi.? Unless its all part of Reys training?
Rey does seem pretty strong in the old force department.
There was nothing in the film to suggest she was the Daughter of Leia. She must be Luke's and he kept her away from Ben/kylo while training him. There's always a master and apprentice.

The Force moves in mysterious ways. I'll put it no stronger than that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 19:44 - Dec 23 with 8347 viewsbosh67

I enjoyed it too. Kind of took me back to when I was 10 at the original. JJ got it spot on in terms of production look and feel. Loved that the Millennium Falcon was really clanky. That aged it beautifully. Thought all the new cast worked perfectly.

Daisy Ridley does a fantastic job and gets stronger and stronger through the film in terms of the viewer believing in her, even though we have no idea why she is strong with the force. She's kind of Luke Skywalker and Leia rolled into one. John Boyega is superb and holds his accent seamlessly throughout. I liked Adam Driver as Ren. My only criticism was that they perhaps should have left the face reveal until the scene with Han. I liked the soft voice and the ultra bad temper, that was clever, but he does look more like Marilyn Manson's son than Harrison Ford's!

The Captain Phasma was abit of a let down and I felt a bit sorry for Gwendoline Christie who at 6 foot 2+ was really set up as a literally huge baddie. She's a good actress too so a little wasted but there you go.

Rian Johnson taking control of episode 8 is a brilliant bit of directing strategy. It's going to be very cool and very stylish with him at the helm.

Great to see Han and Leia back with that little bit of sadness but looking forward to Mark Hamill owning episode 8.

Nice one JJ though. You really did us 60s and 70s kids proud there!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:30 - Dec 24 with 8286 viewsToast_R

Wasn't overly impressed to be honest. Special effects great but story a bit naff. Enemy has a big weapon needs to be taken out, the droids carrying vital information.

To describe compared to the original trilogy, think Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines compared with Terminator 2.

The new bad guy looked a bit of an ugly goon. Also got done over by a girl who hadn't even held a light sabre before. Crazy.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:38 - Dec 24 with 8288 viewsPunteR

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:30 - Dec 24 by Toast_R

Wasn't overly impressed to be honest. Special effects great but story a bit naff. Enemy has a big weapon needs to be taken out, the droids carrying vital information.

To describe compared to the original trilogy, think Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines compared with Terminator 2.

The new bad guy looked a bit of an ugly goon. Also got done over by a girl who hadn't even held a light sabre before. Crazy.

No way was that T3 compared to T2. Get back to battlestar Galactica with Lorn Green you.

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 07:56 - Dec 24 with 8244 viewsToast_R

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:38 - Dec 24 by PunteR

No way was that T3 compared to T2. Get back to battlestar Galactica with Lorn Green you.

You leave the late great Lorn out of this!

I dunno maybe I'm a bit harsh, maybe I'm just too old nowadays and looking at it from an all too serious mindset. A bit like when you watch The Goonies now, compared to when you watched it as a kid. Star Wars is still great cinema don't get me wrong.

Carrie Fisher though, wow. Since Return of The Jedi she sounds like she's been on 60 a day?
[Post edited 24 Dec 2015 7:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024