Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LINES man/person/idiot 23:05 - Apr 1 with 7686 viewsHollowayRanger

the clue is in the title if you cant tell when a ball is in or out as a linesmen then you should be asked to leave the game

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:06 - Apr 1 with 4848 viewsbosh67

Very poor decision. Back at 3-2 then and it really would have been game on.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:14 - Apr 1 with 4808 viewsStanisgod

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:06 - Apr 1 by bosh67

Very poor decision. Back at 3-2 then and it really would have been game on.

Guessed it and guessed wrong. Only 10 yards away and the whole of R block could see it was in so why couldnt he ? A case for each team having one review per game if ever there was one, would only take thirty seconds and bring football in from the 19th century. Boro players were taking longer than that to feign injury.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:23 - Apr 1 with 4754 viewsjohncharles

It would nice to know what disciplinary action the League and the ref's governing body take ..........but of course that's a state secret.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 23:39]

Strong and stable my arse.

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:36 - Apr 1 with 4694 viewsNorthernr

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:23 - Apr 1 by johncharles

It would nice to know what disciplinary action the League and the ref's governing body take ..........but of course that's a state secret.

None. He'll be back next week. Any player or manager who dares to suggest he's made a fcking mistake, however, will be banned and/or fined.
LINES man/person/idiot on 23:38 - Apr 1 with 4674 viewsQPR_John

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:23 - Apr 1 by johncharles

They will not take any action that is the problem in their eyes he did nothing wrong. If these mistakes were picked up and action taken there would not be so many of them week in and week out
LINES man/person/idiot on 23:43 - Apr 1 with 4642 viewsjohncharles

It really is an insult to the paying public. Their motto should be "Give them any old shit, the don't matter anyway"

Strong and stable my arse.

LINES man/person/idiot on 00:29 - Apr 2 with 4530 viewsBoston

LINES man/person/idiot on 23:14 - Apr 1 by Stanisgod

Guessed it and guessed wrong. Only 10 yards away and the whole of R block could see it was in so why couldnt he ? A case for each team having one review per game if ever there was one, would only take thirty seconds and bring football in from the 19th century. Boro players were taking longer than that to feign injury.

After hating the thought of any review in the English leagues...I've been swayed. Late in life I know but having seen so many shite decisions in the last few years I've had enough. Oh, and I don't think one per game is enough.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

LINES man/person/idiot on 00:46 - Apr 2 with 4493 viewsHollowayRanger

to be honest I was shocked they gave us the Mackie goal
that was so unlike QPR to get a correct decision

actually thought finally we are getting our rewards

but no yet again a incompetent official screws us

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

LINES man/person/idiot on 07:57 - Apr 2 with 4274 viewsDiscodroids

Still pissed off about it , but tempered sightly by Hoilett doing an homage to Mark Renton From' trainspotting ' straight after.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

LINES man/person/idiot on 08:08 - Apr 2 with 4246 viewsToast_R

Yep it was an awful decision but the real culprits for that loss were QPR. Conceding a goal from that corner right after Smithies dug them out of a hole was criminal.
LINES man/person/idiot on 08:32 - Apr 2 with 4188 viewsdaveB

to be fair he guessed at our first goal as well and ended up being right, if he hadn't flagged then Gibson would have cleared it rather than moving his leg out of the way so we wouldn't have scored
LINES man/person/idiot (n/t) on 09:41 - Apr 2 with 4064 viewsFearless

LINES man/person/idiot on 08:32 - Apr 2 by daveB

to be fair he guessed at our first goal as well and ended up being right, if he hadn't flagged then Gibson would have cleared it rather than moving his leg out of the way so we wouldn't have scored

[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 9:46]
LINES man/person/idiot on 10:01 - Apr 2 with 3997 viewsLongsufferingR

LINES man/person/idiot on 00:29 - Apr 2 by Boston

After hating the thought of any review in the English leagues...I've been swayed. Late in life I know but having seen so many shite decisions in the last few years I've had enough. Oh, and I don't think one per game is enough.

The problem with that is what do you give? Stop the game, look at replay, decide ball didn't go out, give a goal. Sounds good in theory, but Boro then claim their players stopped because the linesman flagged the ball was out and the referee whistled. Chaos ensues.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 10:13]
LINES man/person/idiot on 10:13 - Apr 2 with 3956 viewsQPR_John

Come on a defenders instinct is to clear the ball do that first then check what the officials are doing
LINES man/person/idiot on 10:32 - Apr 2 with 3907 viewsstevec

Haven't seen it on TV but at the game it looked like that to me.

Lino got decision wrong but flag went up very quick and both Boro defenders near post clocked it. Seb looked aware of that too.
LINES man/person/idiot on 10:44 - Apr 2 with 3868 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure Dave...I think Gibson went for it and - perhaps put off by the keeper's dive - ended up fresh-airing it.

I think it was a goal if not flagged.

Of course, that's not to say that 2-3 would have ended up 3-3. perhaps Boro would have reacted and changed things to ensure that they held on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

LINES man/person/idiot on 11:18 - Apr 2 with 3807 viewsdaveB

LINES man/person/idiot on 10:13 - Apr 2 by QPR_John

Come on a defenders instinct is to clear the ball do that first then check what the officials are doing

would agree but when you watch it back pretty clear he sees the flag and stops
LINES man/person/idiot on 11:21 - Apr 2 with 3797 viewsfrancisbowles

LINES man/person/idiot on 11:18 - Apr 2 by daveB

would agree but when you watch it back pretty clear he sees the flag and stops

I haven't seen a replay but the flag is irrelevant as far as the players are concerned. The question is at what point did the whistle blow?
LINES man/person/idiot on 11:48 - Apr 2 with 3741 viewsLongsufferingR

LINES man/person/idiot on 11:21 - Apr 2 by francisbowles

I haven't seen a replay but the flag is irrelevant as far as the players are concerned. The question is at what point did the whistle blow?

Judging by the highlights on sky, it went after the Boro player missed the ball but before Polter swung at it.
LINES man/person/idiot on 12:58 - Apr 2 with 3645 viewsthemodfather

football is a business and its time refs etc got paid properly and then answer for their mistakes....these decisions can cost a club huge sums, a manager their job and "matey" has a shower, gets his small fee and wanders home, smug and proud.
also, players play the whistle not a flag, it's ingrained into you as a kid, boro went down easy, played to a weak ref and qpr let em.
LINES man/person/idiot on 13:07 - Apr 2 with 3624 viewsWatford_Ranger

LINES man/person/idiot on 12:58 - Apr 2 by themodfather

football is a business and its time refs etc got paid properly and then answer for their mistakes....these decisions can cost a club huge sums, a manager their job and "matey" has a shower, gets his small fee and wanders home, smug and proud.
also, players play the whistle not a flag, it's ingrained into you as a kid, boro went down easy, played to a weak ref and qpr let em.

Football League referees aren't on bad money. Not sure if the linesmen are all professional. Certainly no reason they shouldn't be accountable for a decision like that.
LINES man/person/idiot on 13:12 - Apr 2 with 3612 viewsstowmarketrange

LINES man/person/idiot on 13:07 - Apr 2 by Watford_Ranger

Football League referees aren't on bad money. Not sure if the linesmen are all professional. Certainly no reason they shouldn't be accountable for a decision like that.

He didn't have any excuse as he was standing by the corner flag at the time.If he was running to keep up with play we could understand it a bit more,but to be looking along the line and still give it out is just wrong.
LINES man/person/idiot on 15:14 - Apr 2 with 3522 viewsPommyhoop

Why are we arguing?
The fella was wrong . He was blind or stupid or corrupt . He should be assessed by a panel and put back to Hackney marshes

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

LINES man/person/idiot on 17:52 - Apr 2 with 3399 viewsE17hoop

LINES man/person/idiot on 13:07 - Apr 2 by Watford_Ranger

Football League referees make about £380 per game; assistants about £185. That's not enough for the dog's abuse he got last night.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

LINES man/person/idiot on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 3381 viewsstowmarketrange

LINES man/person/idiot on 17:52 - Apr 2 by E17hoop

Football League referees make about £380 per game; assistants about £185. That's not enough for the dog's abuse he got last night.

That's too much for someone who made such a critical error.
I know it isn't an easy job,but these people choose to do it.Nobody forces them to do it and take the abuse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024