Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal 11:05 - Dec 6 with 11596 viewswelwynranger

A long term coach who died last year has been named. I knew it wouldn't be long
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:14 - Dec 6 with 6382 viewswelwynranger

Correction. I misheard his name was Chris Geiler . He worked as a coach , scout and youth development for 30yrs . He left in 2003 and died in 2004
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:19 - Dec 6 with 6346 viewsShotKneesHoop

Here's the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38221613

Didn't you just know we would be involved or named somewhere along the line.

Some gypsy must have been scratched by a black cat in the Ellerslie Road bogs for a curse to last this long.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:19 - Dec 6 with 6342 views2Thomas2Bowles

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/183182/2556366/sex
We heard

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:48 - Dec 6 with 6196 viewsPlanetHonneywood

He always looked a wrong 'un. Then again, they always do with hindsight.

I was in the gym this morning and could see Redknapp/QPR on the BBC for quite sometime. I was too scared to cease what I was doing and go over to read the caption.

For a club whose mascot is supposedly a black cat, I'd hate to think the misfortune that would befall us if we had Jude the Goat instead!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:52 - Dec 6 with 6171 viewsrobith

tbh I doubt there will be few clubs who haven't been touched by this - increasingly evident sexual abuse was endemic in society, covered up endlessly
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:53 - Dec 6 with 6163 viewsBluce_Ree

The curse is real.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:58 - Dec 6 with 6134 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Look, let's be fair - talk of curses is nonsense.

If - and it's a big if as this merely talk and not a conviction - IF sex abuse happened at our club or any club I would look for signs of negligence, look for an absence of checks and safeguarding and look for apathy before I would look for a curse.

If, IF, this happened then we deserve the bad publicity that comes our way.

Edited - spell check.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 14:14]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:02 - Dec 6 with 6111 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:58 - Dec 6 by BrianMcCarthy

If - and it's a big if as this merely talk and not a conviction - IF sex abuse happened at our club or any club I would look for signs of negligence, look for an absence of checks and safeguarding and look for apathy before I would look for a curse.

Edited - spell check.

Brian, do you need to do some editing or have I come down with instant incomprehension?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:11 - Dec 6 with 6043 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:58 - Dec 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Edited - spell check.

If 'sexy use' has happened, QPR will undoubtedly be the one getting the right royal shafting.

Phnarr, Phnarr.....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:48 - Dec 6 with 5854 viewsSonofNorfolt

It was just a matter of time before his name came up. Never realised that he was dead. This rumour was common knowledge for years.
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:49 - Dec 6 with 5845 viewskingsburyR

Met Chris Gieler many many times and I am not one bit surprised there are allegations against him.

Didnt know him personally or have actual contact with him but the way he behaved with youth team players in the late 80's was "odd" to say the least!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:51 - Dec 6 with 5840 viewsDeepcutHoop

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:48 - Dec 6 by SonofNorfolt

It was just a matter of time before his name came up. Never realised that he was dead. This rumour was common knowledge for years.

And as always in these cases, was ignored by all.
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 13:00 - Dec 6 with 5793 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:02 - Dec 6 by isawqpratwcity

Brian, do you need to do some editing or have I come down with instant incomprehension?

Thanks lads, posted on my phone. Should have known better than to try!

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 13:05 - Dec 6 with 5751 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 13:00 - Dec 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks lads, posted on my phone. Should have known better than to try!

I'm still confused.

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 13:12 - Dec 6 with 5706 viewsHunterhoop

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 12:51 - Dec 6 by DeepcutHoop

And as always in these cases, was ignored by all.

Exactly the same at Crewe, Southampton, Chelsea, The Scottish FA, etc, etc.

Redknapp was actually commenting more on the S'oton chap and saying "there were loads of rumours" and how he was surprised to find out a few years later that the bloke was still in the game involved with youth football. Clearly there, like here, those rumours were ignored.

As robith says, it's increasingly apparent, like with Jimmy Saville, this was systemic and ignored by the authorities employing them.
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 14:05 - Dec 6 with 5531 viewsterryb

As the club appeared to have ended his employment very suddenly & without any recognition, perhaps Queens Park Rangers didn't sweep this under the carpet.

However, if this is the case, it would be interesting to know if they reported these suspicions to any authority.
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 14:19 - Dec 6 with 5471 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 13:05 - Dec 6 by isawqpratwcity

I'm still confused.

Just spotted and corrected another typo - DOH!

My point is that if there was wrongdoing by one of our club's employee and if there was negligence about that on our club's part then we have to be honest and say that we deserve any bad publicity that comes our way.

I would worry about that and I would worry about whether our Child Welfare Policy is watertight this very day before I'd worry about talk of a curse.

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 14:58 - Dec 6 with 5344 viewsBoston

Nothing surprises me anymore. Seems that half the middle class are child molesters.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 15:12 - Dec 6 with 5293 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 14:19 - Dec 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Just spotted and corrected another typo - DOH!

My point is that if there was wrongdoing by one of our club's employee and if there was negligence about that on our club's part then we have to be honest and say that we deserve any bad publicity that comes our way.

I would worry about that and I would worry about whether our Child Welfare Policy is watertight this very day before I'd worry about talk of a curse.

I'm comfortable with what the club has said so far.

These are accusations of abuse by a man, not the club. The best way to get through it is to remember that, cooperate fully and own whatever failings the club had in dealing with the problem. And better that this happens sooner rather than later.

We can demonstrate that we believe Operation Yewtree marked a watershed in attitudes and actions. And sunlight disinfects.

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 15:35 - Dec 6 with 5227 viewsTacticalR

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 11:48 - Dec 6 by PlanetHonneywood

He always looked a wrong 'un. Then again, they always do with hindsight.

I was in the gym this morning and could see Redknapp/QPR on the BBC for quite sometime. I was too scared to cease what I was doing and go over to read the caption.

For a club whose mascot is supposedly a black cat, I'd hate to think the misfortune that would befall us if we had Jude the Goat instead!

I am not sure that deciding someone looks like a wrong 'un is a reliable method for identifying whether someone is actually a wrong 'un.

Air hostess clique

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 15:38 - Dec 6 with 5203 viewsShotKneesHoop

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 14:58 - Dec 6 by Boston

Nothing surprises me anymore. Seems that half the middle class are child molesters.

And the other two thirds are illiterate and innumerate.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 15:41 - Dec 6 with 5189 viewsMrSheen

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 15:12 - Dec 6 by isawqpratwcity

I'm comfortable with what the club has said so far.

These are accusations of abuse by a man, not the club. The best way to get through it is to remember that, cooperate fully and own whatever failings the club had in dealing with the problem. And better that this happens sooner rather than later.

We can demonstrate that we believe Operation Yewtree marked a watershed in attitudes and actions. And sunlight disinfects.

Also I think it would have been very difficult for players to come forward before their retirement, for fear of abuse and ridicule from fans. Sad but true.

I went to a school where a number of teachers (some of them monks!) were sent to prison years later. The rumours were around even then and some of their behaviour was very odd by today's standards, but they were clever enough to save their abuse for those they felt wouldn't tell, rather than inflicting it on every one. (I was spared on account of my ginger good looks.) There were thus very few witnesses, and even then, who would have believed a child against a man?
Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 16:15 - Dec 6 with 5092 viewskensalriser

As ever, institutions will move to protect themselves ahead of the victims, as we've seen with the BBC and the Catholic Church.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 5025 viewswombat

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 16:15 - Dec 6 by kensalriser

As ever, institutions will move to protect themselves ahead of the victims, as we've seen with the BBC and the Catholic Church.

theres an article on the telegraph website , seems to have a few bits in there which havent come out , certain players have come out but asked to remain anymous obviously and one old player has said he stayed well clear of him when he was at the club aged 13.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Rangers named in sex abuse scandal on 16:36 - Dec 6 with 5019 viewsswisscottage

You have to bear in mind that in the 70s, 80s and early 90s, child sexual abuse didn't have the same focus on it that it does now, and schooling institutions were rife with peverts like Gieler.

I went to two boarding schools and it was common knowledge amongst the boys who the peverts were, but saying anything about it, got nowhere.

In both schools there was at least one house master that abused boys. The one from my first school whilst a subject of police investigations was never convicted and got away with it for decades. One house master from my second school, was convicted a few years back ... again .. nearly 25 years after his offences.

One of my friends from then tried to commit suicide, and was found passed out in the toilets from having down two bottles of whiskey .. aged 11. He never came back to school. Another of my friends committed suicide in his 20s again because of this. .. over 25 years ago, but it would never have got the headlines back then.

Society whilst not condoning this behavior, also hid it under the rug meaning abused children would have felt helpless and un-believed. their word against a teacher's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024