Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me 00:38 - Dec 14 with 2548 viewsBoston

I have disliked Birmingham for over four decades already.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 07:50 - Dec 14 with 2469 viewsDiscodroids

Don't Like the club in all of its manifestations, However, Much like the Crystal Palace Kit of '77 ish that Vince Hilaire swaggered about in with more panache and Eclat than Leigh Bowery at the Blitz club , I love the mid 70's Birmingham Bob Latchford kit.

Ambrosial. Fantastical. Beardy.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 08:06 - Dec 14 with 2446 viewsWokingR

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 07:50 - Dec 14 by Discodroids

Don't Like the club in all of its manifestations, However, Much like the Crystal Palace Kit of '77 ish that Vince Hilaire swaggered about in with more panache and Eclat than Leigh Bowery at the Blitz club , I love the mid 70's Birmingham Bob Latchford kit.

I'm more concerned that hose is about to kink.
The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 08:16 - Dec 14 with 2436 viewsTheChef

Agreed - scummy fans on the whole. But St Andrew's is a great stadium.

Happy memories of going to Birmingham v Millwall in '95, that was a lively one.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 09:09 - Dec 14 with 2386 viewshopphoops

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 07:50 - Dec 14 by Discodroids

Spot the two British Leyland Trotskyites in the bottom left. All the rest are just dreaming of getting a

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 10:17 - Dec 14 with 2339 viewsAshdown_Ranger

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 09:09 - Dec 14 by hopphoops

Spot the two British Leyland Trotskyites in the bottom left. All the rest are just dreaming of getting a

That was a truly sh*te car... my aunt had one (having traded in her Allegro).

Beautifully set off by the two-tone mustard and sh*te colour scheme.
The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 10:36 - Dec 14 with 2311 viewshopphoops

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 10:17 - Dec 14 by Ashdown_Ranger

That was a truly sh*te car... my aunt had one (having traded in her Allegro).

Beautifully set off by the two-tone mustard and sh*te colour scheme.

I'll raise you our bile-yellow Marina TC (twin carburettor). As an eight-year-old you new it was shít.

Those door handles though, they will survive the departure of BMW, Nissan, Honda etc, and the sixth extinction, and around them will be built the new Cars Which Will Make Britain Great Again.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 10:57 - Dec 14 with 2275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some elderly cousin moved home from Florida when I was a nipper. She looked like the tall one from The Golden Girls so I hated her. But then she bought a Triumph Dolomite. And I loved her. I was rarely out of the passenger seat. I used to love the feel and smell of that fake-leather roof, she had a fake roof herself and her syrup would be squashed under the Dolomite's roof. Which was fitting. Or ill-fitting, whichever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 11:39 - Dec 14 with 2237 viewsDannyPaddox

Saturday is my favourite day and the thought of losing it severely perturbs me. I'd do away with Monday or Wednesday instead. If anything I'd create a third weekend day between Saturday and Sunday, raise the living wage, and have 2 less months in the year. I'm suprised Sky Sports haven't suggested this already.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2017 11:44]
Login to get fewer ads

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 11:51 - Dec 14 with 2219 viewsRs_Holy

I owned an Allegro Equipe. This was the sporty version of the Allegro with a pokey twin carb engine. It was (is) a total dog of a car and easily the worst vehicle of any denomination I have owned... including a Skoda Estelle!

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 11:59 - Dec 14 with 2201 viewsMick_S

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 11:51 - Dec 14 by Rs_Holy

I owned an Allegro Equipe. This was the sporty version of the Allegro with a pokey twin carb engine. It was (is) a total dog of a car and easily the worst vehicle of any denomination I have owned... including a Skoda Estelle!

Looks serious - hope she's ok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 12:21 - Dec 14 with 2170 viewsenfieldargh

My first company car was a Chrysler Alpine. VLO429S.

I was handed the keys and given a large box of samples to put in the boot area(hatchback dontchaknow). Never thought that the metal bar poking up through the box which was clear floor area but not taking into account the slopping lines of the chasis I shattered the rear window as I slammed down the door with glee at having a shiney new motor.

I told the sales manger he should have given me the Cortina...he agreed and I got that instead!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 14:15 - Dec 14 with 2043 viewsR_from_afar

As I once heard a motoring journalist say, there is a reason why they never manufactured an MG Allegro....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 14:30 - Dec 14 with 2015 viewscolinallcars

It's a shame about British Leyland cars. They had some clever and quirky design initiatives like liquid supension, square driving wheel etc. The interiors were nice and comfy too. But, terrible quality control and lack of money to properly develop the ideas they had scuppered them. I had a few and found them quite endearing if you didn't mind breaking down now and then ! I think Red Robbo built the ones I had judging by the build quality. That said, I had three good MGs and a nice little Austin 1300 GT from the earlier period when they were better made. Anyone got a pic of the 1300 GT ? Mine was a sporty mustard sort of colour.
The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 15:45 - Dec 14 with 1958 viewshopphoops

Praise indeed :)

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 16:06 - Dec 14 with 1939 viewsJuzzie

The Allegro was meant to look like this but the engineers couldn't make the existing gearbox/engine/carb/air filter set up that needed to be used fit into the sloping bonnet.

In order to accommodate what they could do, the bonnet was flatter and the face squarer and ended up the pig that was made (with repsec' to pigs) with much sadness from the designer.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2017 16:14]
The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me (n/t) (n/t) on 16:06 - Dec 14 with 1938 viewspeejaybee

[Post edited 14 Dec 2017 16:07]

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me on 16:23 - Dec 14 with 1905 viewsPinnerPaul

One of the great games at LR, some of the best goals and THE best hat trick ever scored at HQ.

Love the kits not ONE single letter/badge on them.

Both GKs in green, without numbers of course because everybody knew they were number 1!
The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me (n/t) (n/t) on 16:24 - Dec 14 with 1901 viewsBoston

The Thought Of Losing Saturday Does Not Peturb Me (n/t) (n/t) on 16:06 - Dec 14 by peejaybee

[Post edited 14 Dec 2017 16:07]

Couldn't afford a shit car PJ?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024